Author Topic: ACR and locked doors and gates  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
ACR and locked doors and gates
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:25:10 AM »
So i tend to lock parents bedrooms for the kids, so teens are not allowed to go woohoo in their parents bed. And i tend to put outside hottubs behind gates that get locked during winter. This results in sims standing complaining in front of these doors and gates for hours on end. Even if i make them walk over to an available sofa, they just turn around and head back to the closed door or gate again. I'm not going to open those doors and gates, as i closed them for a reason, so they end up wasting their entire day stomping and waving in front of that door or gate.

Is this something that could be fixed somehow? Objects behind locked doors or gates being disregarded? Or even just if one thing fails make them move on to try another option?
Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: ACR and locked doors and gates
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:29:30 AM »
That's something not only the ACR actions suffer from: poor object selection routines. :(

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: ACR and locked doors and gates
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 04:54:45 AM »
You could use Inge's stuff, unless it's changed since I used it, sims would ignore what's behind a locked door or gate.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

anything