Author Topic: ACR Feature Wish List  (Read 9792 times)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
ACR Feature Wish List
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:37:37 PM »
I thought an ACR feature wish list would be interesting to read, even if none of it gets added.  :wink:

My ACR wish list from off the top of my head and in no particular order:
1, closet woohoo
2, tent woohoo
3, car woohoo (although I think from Inteen testing that cars are a bitch to code for)

I'll probably think of a few more in time.   :ninja:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
Re: ACR Feature Wish List
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »
I'd like an option to set "this sim does not believe in sex before marriage" - I have some religious families in my hood and it's so hard keeping the little buggers apart when they're not supposed to be having sex yet  :lol: It would be useful to create asexual sims too :)

(Unless I'm completely missing an option somewhere, in which case, could someone please tell me?)
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »
Asexual Sims: alas, neither the SimBlender, nor the ACR adjuster, or ANY other mod allows you to independantly set a sim's disposition towards the genders. So what I do, when I want an asexual sim, is: I open the hood in SimPE, then find the target sim, and set his preference for both genders to the minimum (both deep in the red zone). That works! Whoever tries to get romantic with them, is simply rejected. And the victim itself won't start any romantic interactions as long as it doesn't find any positive chemistry with anyone ;)

Actually, that choice should also be available on the Blender or adjuster: Monk! As in: married to the church, practicing celibacy ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:17:41 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 03:02:24 AM »
Yes I was going to set it in SimPE :) it's just taking a long time to load on my computer at the moment. SimPE is also the only solution currently to create bisexual sims with a gender preference, isn't it? ie preferring males to females, but having a positive value for both, for example.

Actually I feel silly. After my last post it reminded me to look around in-game and I see there is an option to disallow woohoo - so it seems for my religious unmarried couples, they can still kiss etc autonomously but won't woohoo unless I change that option  :cheese:
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 04:36:19 AM »
You're right: bisexuality is easily arranged,  but NOT with a difference in preference...

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »
I'd love to see sudden, one sided crushes develop. When sims fall for eachother, they always do so together, while kissing or something similar. Which is ridiculous. The nine out of ten people I've had crushes on hardly spoke to me, let alone hit on me.

(Edit: Okay, almost always. But it's almost always one then the other. You never get one sim in love without the other following shortly.)

Really, they should have a chance to get a crush on any sim they find attractive enough, just by talking to them, just by checking them out. And very rarely, that crush should be allowed to develop into horrible, torturous, unrequited love.

And I know this isn't every one's cup of tea, but anyone remember the puppy love hack? Where kids could give each other cooties, and get a little crush on eachother? I found that adorable, and I wish they'd do that on their own. I had tiny kid crush drama in elementary school-- it gave us something to whisper about at slumber parties ;).

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 05:11:09 PM »
I agree, AA, that the mutual crush thing is a bit artificial. However, the game mechanics force it to be that way: a crush only develops when a sim has been in at least one romantic interaction with the other, and have a minimum of 70 in STR for the other sim. For an STR to become that high, they must have interacted with that other sim quite extensively. Of course, that also causes the other sim to develop a certain STR value back. Also, a romantic interaction is recorded by both the sims involved in it.

If either of these parameters could be allowed to develop asymmetrically, then one-way crushes would be possible. So far, the only situation where this works is when sims with incompatible Aspirations interact. Especially when one of them is Romance or Popularity, and has the appropriate lifetime benefits. One of the sims will rapidly build an appreciation for the other, while the other lags behind. Some sims with certain business benefits may also develop lop-sided relationships, when interacting with sims who lack those benefits.

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »
The asymmetrical relationship often happend for me when sims with different interests talked for a while (TV, chess, hot tub, etc). One sim got the ++ most of the time while the other got only + and at the end of the day, my sim often had a STR of 100 towards another sim but they weren't even friends. If the other's STR was high enough to accept a flirt, a one sided crush wasn't unusual.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »
Yup Arathea, different interests may do it too, indeed. And they can be combined with the benefits, too, compounding the issue :)
Anyway, I don't need to preach to you about this; you already know :D

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »
If you're not averse to a little cheating/tweaking, you can always use the blender to set one sim having a crush, and the other not.

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
Well, yes, that's exactly what I do. But it's so much more fun when things happen without my say so.

I know it's all linked to relationship stuff now, but would it be so weird to slip something in, like the coding in blender, after certain interactions (something simple like "check sim out"?) and if the chemistry is high, just slap a crush on that sucker?
(Or maybe even if the chemistry isn't high, and the sim's timer has run out, and their sim hormones are raging. ;) )

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
Well, yes, that's exactly what I do. But it's so much more fun when things happen without my say so.

My thoughts exactly :)

if the chemistry is high, just slap a crush on that sucker? (Or maybe even if the chemistry isn't high, and the sim's timer has run out, and their sim hormones are raging. ;) )

:lol: THAT might be a nice extention to ACR indeed! :P

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 07:12:55 PM »
 :giggle:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline melaniem68

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 02:14:30 AM »
I'd like an option to set "this sim does not believe in sex before marriage" - I have some religious families in my hood and it's so hard keeping the little buggers apart when they're not supposed to be having sex yet  :lol:

My suggestion is to change those Sims' autonomy options to "Woohoo is Not Allowed".  With the Sim selected, click on an ACR object (spawn one if necessary by clicking on the Sim).  Then select  Sim Settings ==> Autonomy ==> "Woohoo is allowed".  This will toggle it to Woohoo being disallowed (at least without your say-so).  You might also disallow Booty Calls the same way.   Once your Sim is married, you can switch it back whenever you choose.   Tip: If you want to set up a special wedding night for them, don't change the setting until after they've lost their virginity (commanded by you).  Otherwise, they'll just make a beeline for the nearest photo booth or hot tub!   :smile:

I try to remember to put all my teens into the No Woohoo/No Booty Calls setting, and that carries over when they age to (young) adult.  Even for those who will be sleeping with every willing Sim they can find, I still like to control their first time, or at least when it will be.

Offline melaniem68

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 02:36:54 AM »
I do like several of the ideas listed, and am glad to see this thread.  The last few days, I've been thinking of a feature I'd like to see.

I find it quite hyporcritical when I have Sim A playing the field, and seeing multiple Sims, including Sim B, but if A sees B with another love, A goes ballistic!  In an unmodded game, that's normally the Romance Sims, but with ACR on the default settings, it's the yet-to-settle-down Family Sims (since their jealousy setting is the strictest).  Now, I do like jealous reactions when they are justified.  I also think even this double-standard jealousy is pretty realistic and funny in a meaner Sim, but not one with a lot of Nice points.

So what I would love to see, if there is ever another ACR version, is a jealousy setting that addresses this.  It could be called Hypocracy On/Off, or maybe Double-Standard Yes/No.   

--- If a Sim has this set to the "Yes" or "On" position (the default for 3 or fewer Nice points), jealousy will go down as usual, no matter how many lovers the Sim has.

--- In the "No" or "Off" position (default for 4 or more Nice points), Sim A will not get jealous unless s/he is involved only with Sim B.  Or maybe the jealousy can show itself differently, like the loss of a few relationship points for each romantic interaction s/he witnesses between Sim B and someone else.  They could even slowly fall out of love that way.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 02:50:19 AM »
One would assume that the jealous sim regards the sim that is the cause of the jealous reaction as their *One* and therefore jealousy would be expected to occur - as it does, for that matter, in RL.  Teenage girls will *scratch each others' eyes out* because they both happen to fancy the same boy, so personally I don't find this behaviour particularly annoying when my sims display it (and it happens very rarely in my game).
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 04:50:04 AM »
Well, I have been thinking about such things a lot, and I *do* think that some of what melaniem68 suggests, has merit!

I think the jealous sim has more choices, based on character/personality:  some are too nice to explode like that, others are too shy to speak up. Some are playful and don't let it consume them. Others are serious but understand how futile it is in the grand scheme of things... Why would literally EVERYONE have to explode at seeing their partner with someone else?

And imagine A and B being married, and they BOTH know C intimately, frequently... Now A sees B with C... Why would this always have to end in violence? They could invite C to come live with them, and be a happy threesome, for all I care! ;)

Now I *know* and *understand* that this is a lot to program... so I'm not saying I want this now. I'm just dreaming aloud here...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 04:52:02 AM »
Well, it would depend on what level you set jealousy at, wouldn't it?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 05:10:24 AM »
Yeah, but as someone said before: it would be more fun if such things happened automatically, unpredictably. ACR already sets each sim's jealousy based on their Aspiration... Maybe it could choose to randomly use any other characteristic in stead for determining the jealousy level for some of them ;)

I'm just envisioning: A walks in on their partner B cheating with C, whom A also knows intimately. Now in stead of slapping B's face off, A could also walk up to C and Goose them, or Make Out with them :) Then suddenly the ball is in B's corner...

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 05:17:15 AM »
With the game basically being a simulation of monogamy as far a romantic relationships, nothing was built in the the game engine to allow alternative lifestyles.  There have been a couple of mods made that try to expand that, but they come with a price that not everyone is comfortable with.  In your example BO, A, B, and C may not display any jealousy when the romantic interactions are among themselves, but may very well go ballistic if there is a one on one relationship with a fourth party.

The game is also limited in how jealousy may be expressed.  The silently suffering partner in RL can do various things to close him or her self off from the cheater, e.g. not doing laundry, having a sudden increase in the number of headaches, attempting to avoid alone time with the cheater.  In the game though, none of these things can be simulated easily.  Relationship scores would have to drop, love/crush dissolved, chemistry changes.  But all of those can be easily and quickly restored negating the lasting hurt in RL.

So in game, jealousy is always the extreme foot stomping and face slapping with immediate severe relationship adjustments.  At least we, the player, still have the option of terminating the relationship with "Break Up" or leaving the unhappy couple together to either remain unhappy ever after or reconciliate.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 05:52:08 AM »
I realize all that, AH. And you're right: what I'm asking isn't realistic to expect from any modder, even one as awesome as TJ.

I'm still just dreaming aloud, wishing that such things were possible. (this was a *wish* list, after all :))

And yes, I understand that whereas A, B and C might be able to live together and not be jealous, things could indeed irrevocably change when a D comes in the picture. And why not? :D

a.g.doren

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 11:49:27 AM »
I was thinking maybe some new factors could be added to the risky calculation: total household funds, are the two sims married/joined, what is the level of attraction between the two, the number of hours the two sims have known each other,nice/meaness,serious/playful levels etc...

I think these things would add another layer of reality and since they are already factors of the game I would hope they wouldn't be too difficult to add.

Offline W.G. Dobbs

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 05:48:30 AM »
I'd like to add to the request for ZZ's 'Ask on date - Booty Call' idea & for it contributing to fulfill those goofy LTW's that would never get fulfilled otherwise. At least from me anyway... I usually refrain from making use of the pleasure aspiration cuz they almost make the grilled-cheese crowd seem like mental giants in comparison.   :P

ETA- er, oops. I also happen to use LTWNumbersTweaks+UniLTWs by rufio from here http://faiuwle.wikidot.com/sims2hacks
which, among a few other things, happens to reduce the number requirements for 50 1st dates & 50 dream dates to a more reasonable 30.
Not exactly cheating as far as I'm concerned, cause I utilise all manner of hacks to rein in the financial aspects in the game & more or less make their lives hell in that regard.  :biglaugh:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:41:50 AM by W.G. Dobbs »

Offline MaximilianPs

• Mushloving Mophead
  • AKA Max3D
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 04:11:29 PM »
I think the very rude Sims should more aggressive, so very expansive, sloopy and with sex life aspirations should touch the ass of the one that they consider attractive :)

Also that sort of similar should accept that kind of action from other Sims even if em are unknown, obviously should are attracted :)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 05:25:43 PM »
Well, if some of those aggressive, cranky sims were to "touch the ass of the one that they consider attractive " were real life people, they could expect to be arrested if they did that to a stranger!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »
Yeah, in Dutch we call that "ongewenste intimiteit", which may translate as something like "inappropriate intimacy" ! One could lose their job over it, when doing that to a co-worker. Seems not right to promote such stuff through a game, indeed.

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
I don't know about you all, but the "goose" interaction seems to be pretty popular with my more outgoing sims. My townies keep sexually assaulting my zombies. It's quite distasteful. xD

Offline MaximilianPs

• Mushloving Mophead
  • AKA Max3D
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 07:11:12 AM »
well, at least the sims should have a kind of relationship, i was thinking more about teens, at the university for example :P
and btw, I was talking about 9 or more in outgoing combined with a very low simpaty level... or with the love life aspiration....

by the way, what i was thinking was about some ways to push a bit the Sims personalty to have more funny characters...

Offline Darby

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 04:28:31 PM »
I thought an ACR feature wish list would be interesting to read, even if none of it gets added.  :wink:

My ACR wish list from off the top of my head and in no particular order:
1, closet woohoo
2, tent woohoo
3, car woohoo (although I think from Inteen testing that cars are a bitch to code for)

I'll probably think of a few more in time.   :ninja:

Changing booth woohoo!  Over at MTS, some of us noticed recently that changing booth woohoo seems to have been "broken" somewhere along the way.  The interaction is there, but the first sim to go into the changing booth to change exits before the second sim can get in there.  Anywho, not what this thread is about, but while puzzling over this, I noticed changing booth woohoo is not an ACR2 option.   So, adding to the wish list.    :smile:

ETA: Of course, if the interaction is borked, adding it to ACR probably won't work?  Or maybe it'll be a workaround? 

ETA2: Nevermind about changing booth woohoo being broken.  I was just doing it wrong.   :blush:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:07:46 PM by Darby »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »
Sauna woohoo?  Or are saunas steamy enough already?

Offline Darby

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »
Basically, I'd love to see all player-directed woohoos also available in ACR's Auto Woo feature.  So yeah, saunas!   :thumb:

Oooh, and hammocks. 

And anything else not yet listed.   :wink: