Author Topic: ACR and guests  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
ACR and guests
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:35:35 AM »
I love having more autonomy in my game with ACR, but sometimes...

My biggest annoyance is sims running of to the bedroom for some relaxing and woohoo, when they have guests over. I mean seriously who does that? Just yesterday, Jason and Melanie Larson had the headmaster over, to try and get Sven into private school. The minute the headmaster arrives and has been greeted, they run of to the bedroom. I cancel, and have Melanie give the headmaster a tour, during this tour she's running of to the bedroom at least 3 or 4 more times. I mean seriously, and young Sven was actually jumping on the bed they were getting naked on. What kind of impression does that make? And of course because she was in the middle of giving a tour of the house, the headmaster followed her into the bedroom... :rolleyes:

So basically, i'm wondering if it were possible for ACR to check if either sim is entertaining regular guests. This would be non-romantic interest guests they invited, as lovers, dates and such most likely would enjoy a woohoo. And parents shouldn't be stopped just because one of the kids has a friend over. I realize this might be way too complicated, but i had to ask after the craziness at the Larsons.

Or maybe it could be an option you can set for sims and/or lots, woohooing allowed or not allowed when guests are present. That way you can at least turn it off for some occasions.
Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
Re: ACR and guests
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:43:56 AM »
You can always set the lot type to "church" temporarily - I think that means they won't woohoo there. I'm not sure exactly how it works though. It might just pause their timers, which is not much use if they are already at 0.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »
I think you could set autonomy off while they have guests... maybe even lock the bedroom door for all sims - and get a no jump on bed mod before those kids break the bed!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 06:47:16 PM »
It's really hard for me to procedurally tell whether you have guests over for a party or a partay. :P

I could have coded to check for the headmaster scenario specifically but I never got around to it. The church setting will disable everything except the lowest level interactions and is probably the best way of temporarily putting the chastity belt on the little buggers but turning off all autonomy would work too.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »
Of course, you could always have one of your sims woohoo the headmaster.....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »
I would consider woohoo with the head-master in the same regard as a YA doing likewise with a professor, if you allow me to say so... But if one looks beyond such objections, it would certainly be an effective solution for the problem ;)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:38:28 PM »
Ah, but let's not forget, the *casting couch* is still the way to promotion for many... much as we may all decry this type of behaviour, it does happen!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 02:38:50 AM »
Indeed! I'm not going to deny such an obvious truth :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 02:12:36 AM »
It's really hard for me to procedurally tell whether you have guests over for a party or a partay. :P

Yeah, i figured as much.

I'll have to try and remember to change the settings manually, these are things i forget to do though. Or i forget to change them back... :rolleyes:

So an additional option that you can set per lot or even per sim whether they are allowed stuff when they have guests over isn't possible either? That way if a single sims has guests over i could set allow everything, and if a married couple with kids have guests over, i could set it to not allowed woohoo while you have guests. That be nice...
Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

anything