Author Topic: Jealousy/Cheating  (Read 4238 times)

Offline Kirie

• Babbling Baby
Jealousy/Cheating
« on: May 25, 2011, 07:06:06 AM »
So, I have this sim A who is married to B. Both their autonomies are "spouse only" plus "no cheating allowed". If there's a sim C around who A or B have a crush on they'll gladly and openly cheat, especially if they're unselectable. I'm keeping jealousy globally off to not destroy all the marriages in my hood  :yikes: If, on the other hand, I try to get C to interact romantically with either of them he's refused.

Is this normal behaviour? Is there any way to actually make them loyal?

And, another thing, a bit more request-y: suppose I want A, B and C in a threesome but I want to keep jealousy on. After all, they're in an exclusive relationship, if C sleeps around with half the hood I might want the other two to slap him silly. Is this possible? Like - sims not having a jealous reaction to their partner cheating with a sim they're both in love with?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 07:08:35 AM by Kirie »

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
Re: Jealousy/Cheating
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »
I think globals override individual settings, could that be what is causing it?
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline Kirie

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
I can't find any global that relates to it. The closest seems to be the "ACR autonomy" switch, but isn't that more - general?

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:34:46 PM »
The toggle for cheating  on ACR only effects ACR actions.  I'm thinking the same with jealousy, but I may be wrong on that account.  In both cases, it depends greatly on who the 'One" is.  With ACR, if A's One is B, then A will reject C's advances, however A may make advances towards C which may or may not be accepted depending on C's One setting.  Bear in mind, user directed Maxis interactions behave in a different manner.  You may have ACR jealousy off, but then do a Maxis interaction and all hell break lose.

If you want A, B, and C to have fun in the privacy of one's home, then set jealousy and cheating off.  Maybe even another mod to turn jealousy off on the lot also.  Both settings in ACR should be set on for community lots if they have a reputation to uphold.

Offline Kirie

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:43:07 AM »
So they were autonomously picking maxis actions and that bypassed ACR  :blink: Both A and B were at a party and unselectable. There was also an unselectable D involved who A fell in love with right then (after I fixed the relationship scores/flags with the blender).

...okay, is there any mod that stops that? Non-ACR romantic actions?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:38:45 PM »
Not that I know of.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

anything
anything