Author Topic: Can't Get ACR To Play Nice With Extended Lifespans  (Read 6713 times)

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
Can't Get ACR To Play Nice With Extended Lifespans
« on: May 17, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »
This is driving me nuts! I play with lifespans scaled to pregnancy, so 1 day=3 months...which means that my sims are losing fertility before they transition to teens, and are completely infertile by the time they become adults/young adults. I opened up the ACR Controller Main.package, adjusted the Tunings to reflect the longer lifespans (added days and altered the pregnancy odds), but it's made no difference in game. Can anyone please tell me what else needs to be changed? I've attached the altered file, in case someone would be willing to take a look. Thanks!

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
Re: Can't Get ACR To Play Nice With Extended Lifespans
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »
I have a similar problem with longer lifespans. I've just set global pregnancy odds and do without the staggering. (Sorry, no better help from me.)
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
I wonder if there's a mod out there that uses Elixir as a base for extended lifespans?  I personally only extend the adult and elder lifestages, and use Elixir, and have no problem - nearly infertile sims become as fertile as the amount of days they've aged down to.  (I store the empties in their inventories so I know how many they've had, and see no reason why the teen years couldn't be similarly extended.  Since kids and toddlers aren't fertile, I think taking 3 days off with the blender would have no ill effects later on, and I think you can use the blender options for babies, too.)  I realise this is more work than having a mod that just alters lifespans for everyone, but it's the only thing I can think of to help.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:14:55 AM »
There have been threads about this. I saved a copy of the most useful one, I'll try to find it for you.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=869.msg24872#msg24872

It's a bit of a minefield. If you need any more info I can look at the rest of my file and try to find the threads involved. Unfortunately my file is likely of no use as I've just copied and pasted the bits which I found relevant and ignored additional information which means it doesn't make much sense to read through.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:22:30 AM by simsfreq »
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:32:46 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions! I will try and follow the instructions in the "ACR, different aging and pregnancy" thread. Using the Sim Blender just would be too kluge-y, since my sims become teens on day 49 and adults on day 76. It's possible to make Try-For-Baby static and set odds on a sim by sim basis (which is the work around I've discovered), but I'd really like to make it automatic. (Wish me luck!  :smile:)

Edit: OK, I need more than luck...I need a tutorial. I'm looking at Tokens-Sub-Calculate Pregnancy Odds in the Main Controller and whimpering. That is obviously what needs to be changed, but I have no idea how to plug in the values.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:19:34 AM by croiduire »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 04:47:44 PM »
Try this. Open that bhav (that is the correct one). Click on node 1 that says Local 0 := Temp 0. Hit the ins/true button to add a new node there. Now you should be on node 2. Click the quotation mark button on the far right next to the operands section. Paste this into the box that appears and click okay:

The node 2 instructions should change to Local 0 /= Literal 3. Commit and save the file. This will divide the age in days by three before calculating the pregnancy odds. Not perfect but you're stuck with whole number division unless you multiply and then divide to do a fraction. I'll leave that to you if you want to get that far into the weeds. :biglaugh:
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »
Thanks, Jeff! You're totally awesome. I'll go make the changes right now.

I assume that dividing by 4 (which would be perfect) will put me square into the aforementioned scary weeds? (Not that I have any idea how to do it...*sigh*)

Edit: I just had another question. With this change, should I leave the tunings I altered in place, or restore the original values?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:10:20 PM by croiduire »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »
Dividing by 4 in stead of 3 shouldn't be hard... in the line TJ gave you, just replace the 3 with a 4, and you'll be there.

Also, I think you need the altered tunings to remain as they are now. The division is meant to compensate for the higher values. TJ will correct me if I'm wrong, I suppose ;)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 09:44:19 AM »
Oh, shiny, shiny, shiny!!! Thanks, BO! I just have one more question (well, for now--it's always "for now", isn't it? :biglaugh:): I didn't delete the original lines in Tunings that refer to days when my sims are still children, just added more to reflect the adult lifespans I use. Does it matter? Will it cause any problems if I just leave them there? No prepubescent sprog in my game will ever engage in any sexual activity, so they will never be referenced, but I don't like leaving unnecessary code either.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 10:22:40 AM »
I'm unable to say much about that without studying the "extended lifespan" code first, Croi. I've never used that mod, so I know nothing. I think the best you can do is try it out in a test hood. It will give you a feel for how the numbers work out in the current configuration.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 05:11:24 PM »
Yeah, hard to say how it will work with each extended lifetime setup so some trial and error will be required to find the right balance.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 05:19:42 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks TJ, that's really helpful (if I ever get around to configuring mine X))
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 09:20:39 AM »
Thought I would add my thanks too.

I'm currently in a major "do-over" mood & this info should prove quite valuable when I finish ransacking my CC/mod collection.

~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline croiduire

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 11:26:09 PM »
Just an update, in case anyone is interested. I made the change Jeff (and BO) suggested, and it is working great. More than half of the women in my hood are pregnant or have just given birth (including one who still has an infant who hasn't yet transitioned to toddler, and just had twins! Three cheap cribs and a simlogical mortgage...)

Thanks, everyone!!

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 01:11:43 AM »
 :yay:   :giggle:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 04:28:48 AM »
I'm glad it works well for you, my friend! Well done! :thumb:

anything