Author Topic: ACR won't install  (Read 3436 times)

Yumeko

ACR won't install
« on: April 26, 2011, 09:15:55 AM »
ACR won't install for me. I have the files in the Downloads folder, but when I load up the game, I never get the message that it has installed, and there's no option to spawn the adjuster either. I use Vista and have all the expansion and stuff packs. I also have very few hacks/mods -- just the "No friends needed for careers" one and one that prevents witches from changing skin tones when they change alignment -- so I don't imagine it's a mod conflict. Does anybody know what the problem might be? Thanks.

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: ACR won't install
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:02:19 AM »
When you click on a sim, do you see *Adjust* in their menu?

I think the message that ACR is installed happened with earlier versions, not so sure it still does with the later ones.

Since you have a couple of other mods, I assume that custom content has been enabled, and that the other mods are working?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Yumeko

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »
No, "Adjust" isn't on the menu, and yes, custom content is enabled. The other mods also work as far as I know, although I only just put in the "No friends" one. It's possibly too early to tell with that one since the Sims I've been playing (the Summerdreams in Veronaville) aren't very far along in the careers. Still, the witch one works just fine.

As for the message, I actually did try the old version of ACR first and didn't get a message with that one either. That's when I decided to try the newer version.

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:33:04 AM »
Did you wait until after 8 am?  I think with a new install it may take a while for the mod to install itself, and 8 am is when, I think, it has set itself up.  Remember, it needs time to give tokens to all the sims in the hood.

There may also be a problem with *junk townie syndrome* where certain NPCs have no aspiration apart from *grow up*, and this may be causing ACR to hang up on installing, since on the one hand it finds a teen or adult sim, and on the other it finds no corresponding aspiration.  Try installing the Sim Blender and teleporting any townie to the lot and checking them for an aspiration.  It's most likely to happen if you have used the FT option to grow up a townie friend at the same time as your sim has a birthday, but the townie is not on the lot at the time, so if you remember having done that, then that is the townie you need to check first.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Yumeko

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »
I played several Sim days and it never kicked in, but I've downloaded the Sim Blender, so I'll try your suggestion the next time I play. Does what neighborhood I do it in matter? I only started playing Veronaville on Sunday (which is when I put ACR in), so I haven't aged any townies there yet, but I have done it occasionally in other neighborhoods. (Although I don't remember who. Usually when I do that, it's because I want a Sim to marry their teenage sweetheart, so they never stay townies for long.)

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »
Veronaville has a lot of *junk townies* which come with the game, so I don't think it really matters which hood you do it in first (obviously all the default hoods you play will need to have it done at some point) - I suggested an aged up sim since it would have been a good starting point, but you will need to find them all, but you can teleport them to the lot while on pause and do it then, and then simply send them on their merry way....  You should find an option on the Blender for aspirations, so just make sure they are set, and obviously the turn-ons/offs as well. 

If you still have problems, then check the service sims, too.

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 03:18:42 PM »
You might have CC set to not load up at start.
Go into Game Options and make sure you have the Display Custom Content Dialog at Start Up checked.

Then restart your game and this dialog should come up and you need to enable custom content. Go into a house run game for about 1 min then save and restart your game.

Yumeko

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »
I don't know what I did to fix things, but the next time I loaded the game, ACR finally decided to install without me even trying your suggestion. Weird. Anyway, thanks for helping!

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 04:50:31 PM »
I'm glad you finally got it to work!  :smile:
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »
Still worth checking every townie that passes your lot, though.

waynefox3, I do wish you'd read a thread from the beginning, your question had already been asked (by me) and answered!

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 01:33:35 AM »
Sounds like the restart the game after enabling CC didn't happen.  It's easy for forget that step.

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 03:10:03 AM »
Extremely easy, especially when you have installed something you are keen to see working in your game!

anything