Author Topic: I really, really want this!!!  (Read 24320 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: I really, really want this!!!
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2011, 10:09:02 PM »
Seems a good idea to me.  The great thing is, if those memories are left intact then, if, for example, you create an unmarried sim with a couple of kids, and you want, at some point, to attribute them to another sim, maybe to create some kind of storyline, then it's just a little bit less of a bother.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
Exactly! You'd simply use the Blender to make them family, and later in SimPE connect a few missing family ties as required, and things would work as if the kids were born that way, without all the hassle of removing/killing sims and rewriting lots of memories!

I *knew* you'd get it, ZZ! :D

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 10:56:44 PM »
This sounds great :cheese:

Can I just follow up to AlfredAskew's question, I know you said they can still gossip, but does this remove the functionality where e.g. Sim A cheats on sim B, sim A gossips with sim C, C now knows about the cheating. Sim C gossips with sim B and so B now knows and becomes furious with sim A. Or did that never happen in the first place?

It seems to me that if it's checking and removing gossip every time a household is loaded, if Sim A+B live in a different household to C, it might be a few play rotations before C comes across B to pass the gossip on, and the gossip memory would be gone by then.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2011, 01:12:36 AM »
Simsfreq, if you don't want to lose the gossip, then just get the basic mod to remove the sim loaded tokens.  That will prevent most of the lag issues that aren't related to a stuck visitor etc., and you still have the batbox to deal with all the other stuff.  I don't think anything that BO deals with with the later version cannot be dealt with with either the batbox or the blender.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2011, 01:52:15 AM »
First of all, I don't believe sims can add one and one without finding an answer OTHER than two. In other words, a sim hearing gossip about his/her spouse cheating will most likely just relay the message to others including said spouse, and never connect the dots.

And second, I've seen sims spout gossip about incidents that I had witnessed, after the I had already killed that gossip... Apparently, in some form or other, the stuff is still available somewhere. And if not...

But if you don't want to risk losing thousands of identical gossip items, I concur with ZZ's suggestion. Take version 1 of my mod, which is still available, and which ONLY kills the dreaded token. ;)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2011, 02:09:07 AM »
And second, I've seen sims spout gossip about incidents that I had witnessed, after the I had already killed that gossip... Apparently, in some form or other, the stuff is still available somewhere. And if not...

I don't know where it's stored (perhaps the game grabs the "real" memories and turns them into gossip) but I've noticed before I've installed your mod when I had a look at the unplayed Pleasants to see when the Token-Som-loaded was created, that the twins got some gossip about one of their ancestors created. The gossip wasn't there when I checked them first after running the family for about ten minutes but a bit later after the school bus and car pool came.
I've noticed before that new CAS sims can gossip about others they've never met.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2011, 07:02:01 AM »
Well, they arrive by taxi, and the drivers are big repositories of gossip....

I rather think it's all stored somewhere in the neighborhood.package, not with individual sims, since I don't think the file of a sim with a zillion gossip memories is that much larger than a sim with none.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2011, 09:10:20 AM »
In a way, that's correct, ZZ! the Neighborhood.package is the place where the 'mega-inventory' is saved for all sims. This 'mega-inventory' is a single huge rescource that contains the actual Inventory, Memories and Tokens of ALL sims.

Every time you put something in a sim's inventory, or the sim experiences or witnesses something, that object or event is just added to the END of the 'mega-inventory' with a marker that binds it to that specific sim - the 'owner' of the object, memory or gossip.

Let's say there's a dozen sims in one 'room', and one soils themselves. Now that event is stored a dozen times at the end of the same neighborhood.package. Once as 'memory' for the sim itself, and eleven times as 'gossip' belonging to each of the other sims.

Now, when you look at a sim's memories or inventory in-game, the whole 'mega-inventory' in neighborhood.package is read, and only the inventory/memory items marked as 'owned' by this specific sim, are shown. Gossip, tokens AND inventory/memory items owned by all other sims will be filtered out! That's why, when you load a house in a larger, older hood, it may take a while for the game to generate the full memory or inventory of a specific sim you take a look at for the first time in that session: it needs to filter through the whole package, first!

But there's more! In addition to 'memory' there seems to also be something called 'history' which also stores events, but now with a marker linking it to a specific 'time'. When a sim has no gossip to call his own, but needs some to tell to another, the game engine just pulls a random event from this history, and feeds THAT to the sim! So there's your often mentioned 'taxi/carpool driver'. The poor guy/gal that actually sits in the taxi/carpool, really has NOTHING to do with it... that sim is literally blind, deaf and mute. They should have named this one "Helen Keller".

The gossip-cleaning routine, which I adapted from batbox (why re-invent the wheel, huh?) clears literally ALL gossip from ALL sims, but it does NOT touch history. So the repository of all your 'hoods history is always there to feed sims with gossip. That history, btw, is most likely also stored in neighborhood.package.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:13:30 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »
So, if someone who has just used your mod to clear a zillion items takes a look at the neighborhood.package both before loading the hood, and after the clean-up, they would see quite a noticeable difference?  Which will not only speed up game-play, but contribute to a slightly faster load time on the next play session?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »
I think the neighborhood.package filesize should drastically be reduced, and THAT already should be an indication that things have changed (for the better, I hope). Load times for the whole game or a 'hood might indeed also be influenced, especially if we're talking tens of thousands of objects being burned! Maybe loading a hood in SimPE would also slightly improve.

I think you'd need a stop watch to notice those differences, though, as we're talking mere seconds on a much larger total load time (I've heard of people whose games take about an hour to load for shere amounts of CC!). But it WOULD be noticeable, I think.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »
I agree, although I probably wouldn't see a difference since I clean up regularly anyway.

Now, I'm afraid I have to report something that may, or may not, be connected to your mod.

I had two sims come home from work with a cold.  The teenage son of one of them made comfort soup for everyone, and Dustin was cured.  However, Clint would get the *really hit the spot* pop-up, and each time it was followed immediately by *Clint is sick with a cold*.

I don't know whether it's caused by removing some token or other, or whether there's another cause, since the error log I got for him, and which I'm about to upload, seems to me to have some weirdness connected to other mods I use, and I am totally unable to interpret it.  (BTW, I have all your mods in the zboilingoil folder, so maybe I just need to put it in BoilingOil instead?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2011, 06:22:25 PM »
I have to admit, that log stumps me, too! (log - stumps, is there a pun in that?)

Anyway, my mod does NOT touch any sickness tokens/controllers, so I can't imagine that being the problem. But what you *could* try, is to remove "No Sim Loaded" (no reset will follow) and see if Clint still has trouble. If that changes nothing, Clint may be sicker than Dustin and still need some rest.

The name you gave 'my' folder, places it somewhere at the end, right? I would keep it that way, if I were you, ZZ. Several of my mods perform better that way. :thumb:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2011, 07:19:56 PM »
Actually, I already removed the current version and just put in the original, and Clint was fine, also Craig, who for some reason was the only other member of the family to contract the disease.  I gave them all disease immunity with the DMA teleporter, but unfortunately too late for Craig, but he was so exhausted that a long sleep in his uncomfortable bed cured him!

I agree, the log is weird, but it's a strange lot.  It's basically a simple redecoration and refurnishing of the FT Sporty Shack, but every time I put it into the hood, it spawns a computer and a weird statue!  Usually they just appear one inside the other somewhere outside, but this time they seemed to be stuck in a dining chair, and Lily May, the child, got the statue glued to her and it wouldn't go with a shower, so I'm just a little reluctant to use the lot - although I think it might be solved by my method of saving it to a file and reinstalling it with CI - and I can check at the same time to see if those two items are stored in it somewhere!

Since the log is so weird, I'll leave it up and hope that someone, somewhere, can throw some light on it!

The oddest thing about the sickness was that, normally with that number of sick sims around, Paladin's disinfecter would have had an option to deal with infected tiles, but it didn't in this case.

What I'm wondering is whether there are some tokens for infected tiles that your mod is cleaning up, but also some tokens for sims being cured that are also being removed, and if your mod kicks in just at the wrong moment, they end up being sick again.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »
I'm beginning to suspect that lot of yours, ZZ. Because really, my mod does NOT affect anything that isn't mentioned in the description. So, that's Scenario controllers, Pregnancy controllers, Token Sim Loaded, Gossip, Attraction Markers, Lost Fishing Spots, Stuck Fridge Tiles, Kicky-bags and Poo-bags.
No other controllers or tokens are ever touched, as far as I can see, or I would have mentioned them. I don't sneak in hidden features. :D

But that lot generating certain objects every time you place it in a hood... Sounds like some weird cheat-object hitched a ride, in spite of your usual careful handling of import. And that object is doing some weird shit, it seems.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
Hey, it's a Maxis lot and all I did was redecorate it.  However, when I checked it, Inge's car portal stuff had got included, how I have absolutely no idea as I don't think I've had to use it for yonks, and only keep it in just in case... and I didn't find the statue, although the cheap computer was there, but I had, as far as I know, deleted the one that came with the lot and replaced it with a laptop that has never caused an issue before now.  So, I'm actually wondering whether the original lot had some hidden *extras*.... Unfortunately, the CI only shows one copy of an object, it doesn't say, this object was used x number of times....  and both objects were default objects that I do remember being in the original lot, and the other sims who have been moved in to the same lot re-do have not had statues attached to their middles!  (But the two objects do seem to show up, usually after a reset.)

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2011, 11:55:53 PM »
I think the neighborhood.package filesize should drastically be reduced, and THAT already should be an indication that things have changed (for the better, I hope). Load times for the whole game or a 'hood might indeed also be influenced, especially if we're talking tens of thousands of objects being burned! Maybe loading a hood in SimPE would also slightly improve.

I think you'd need a stop watch to notice those differences, though, as we're talking mere seconds on a much larger total load time (I've heard of people whose games take about an hour to load for shere amounts of CC!). But it WOULD be noticeable, I think.

I honestly haven't really noticed much of any improvements in loading speeds, or gameplay yet. Though i have to say i usually tell the game to start up and then go do some other stuff. The one thing i have noticed is the closing of the game is taking significantly longer. I think it didn't even take a minute before, now it takes several. It's not a big deal, on my old computer it took like half an hour, so a few minutes is notting. But it's something i noticed and thought it was funny how everyone was talking about things speeding up, when i've really only noticed something slowing down so far.
Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2011, 06:11:34 AM »
That's an interesting (but not desirable) development, Pleun. If many tokens and objects have been fried, then many sims' and lots' files may have changed, and most certainly the changes to the neighborhood.package will be extensive. These changed files DO need to be written back to disk BEFORE the game can close down. That may indeed take some time, the first few times you play with my mod.

I would suggest keeping at it for a while, and see if this 'problem' still exists after you've played ALL the households in that hood at least once.

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2011, 01:01:01 PM »
I actually had that happen as well, when I shut the game down last night. I only played three houses during the whole session: loading the first resulted in a whopping 194 tokens fried, while the second only had 7, and I forget what the last had. :blink: I'm not sure just how long it took the game to close (as I fell asleep shortly after), but it was at the 'Not Responding' status when I left it, and closed as usual by morning.
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2011, 02:49:55 AM »
That's an interesting (but not desirable) development, Pleun. If many tokens and objects have been fried, then many sims' and lots' files may have changed, and most certainly the changes to the neighborhood.package will be extensive. These changed files DO need to be written back to disk BEFORE the game can close down. That may indeed take some time, the first few times you play with my mod.

I would suggest keeping at it for a while, and see if this 'problem' still exists after you've played ALL the households in that hood at least once.

Haven't gotten remotely near to playing all households, but i have to say, shut down times seem to have improved drastically. They seem to have returned to normal, or close to it. I definately don't feel like i'm waiting for it to finish shutting down anymore.
Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2011, 06:15:48 AM »
Pleun, I think this is exactly what I expected! During the first run after installing or upgrading this mod, a lot of stuff may be deleted, and that means a lot of files need to be rewritten, which takes lots of time. But once that has been done, every next time you open the game, there isn't that much stuff to handle anymore. Thus, loading and saving times should return to close-to-normal.

If next time you open a different 'hood which hadn't been cleaned yet, the save-and-exit may suffer again. But that too passes, fortunately :)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2011, 03:32:58 PM »
Important news!

While running through the memories of all the sims in the borked LTP, I encountered something odd, which I can only blame the now defunct "No Sim Loaded v2.02" for: many sims - mostly townies, and many of them males - were carrying the "Token - Pregnancy Modifier", while they obviously could NOT have been pregnant! This is bad news, if you ask me.

So I'm now in the process of creating an update to No Sim Loaded, for those who have used, or are still using, v2.02. While the initial clean-up is commencing (after lot load), it will check if a sim is pregnant. If not, any tokens of this type found on the sim will be destroyed!

This new version will also properly get rid of the Attraction Memories, as was promised for v2.03. (Thanks go to ZephyrZodiac for mentioning that those memories are actually invisible. I wasn't aware of that when I made v2.03, but now I've confirmed it.)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »
Oh, they do have visible ones, too, but I think they get the invisible ones when they gossip about what they've been up to.....

I do find it objectionable that they gossip to their young children about this....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2011, 05:13:28 PM »
Well, this time I'm going to make sure that ALL such memories - visible or not - will be crushed!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2011, 09:06:06 PM »
Great!  :popcorn:  Can't wait to try it out!

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2011, 01:46:19 AM »
Important news!

While running through the memories of all the sims in the borked LTP, I encountered something odd, which I can only blame the now defunct "No Sim Loaded v2.02" for: many sims - mostly townies, and many of them males - were carrying the "Token - Pregnancy Modifier", while they obviously could NOT have been pregnant! This is bad news, if you ask me.

Nope, "No Sim Loaded v2.02" isn't to blame for that token. It's normal for random sims to get it (and doesn't mean that sim is pregnant or has been pregnant).  Sims with that token have a increased chance of having/fathering twins.  Lots of my sims have that token.  :zip:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2011, 02:03:28 AM »
Ah, so it should NOT be killed, I guess? I was already suspecting something like that, but wasn't sure. Good to know. Thanks for clearing that up, Sleepy! :bow:

For my own game, I'll destroy it anyway, because the chance to have/father twins is already covered by FT's Family benefit (which is stored in a completely different token). I don't want random sims without that benefit to ALSO have increased chances. If I get requests for such a version, maybe I could make that also available as an alternative.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2011, 04:37:59 AM »
I love the fact that many of my romance sims leave college and end up having twins almost immediately..... but why the game gives those tokens to nannies is beyond me... :confused:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2011, 05:52:28 AM »
Yeah, I've seen ef professors with those things, too. Serves no purpose on them.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2011, 08:55:12 AM »
You're welcome BO.   :smile:

I've been meaning to ask you about v2.03 and it deleting 'broken' pregnancy controllers. Since it runs when you load a lot, would it screw anything up if you're re-loading a birth?  I've been sticking to v1 because I'm not feeling very comfortable about pregnancy controllers being deleted, specially since there were issues at first with v2 & births.  :ninja:   
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2011, 11:53:05 AM »
I've had several babies born since installing the mod, and the mothers were usually already pregnant when I loaded the lot.  I didn't find any problems, even with a pregnant sim being moved with only a couple of hours to go....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »
@Sleepycat: Ok, let me be honest with you. From my experience, the pop-up after the first full sweep usually comes up well within 15 sim minutes of loading the lot. And that's even after just installing a new version on a very filthy hood (the first run always takes the longest). A birth on the other hand, from the first signal of the pregnant sim asking for attention, until the baby is actually there, takes way longer than that.

If one wants to save the game in order to retry birth in case they're not happy with the result (and maybe select another sim to use the rerandomizer), they should certainly not wait until the "# of babies" dialog has appeared, because that's when the controls are switched off as well. Usually, one will pause the game as soon as the camera zooms in on the pregnant sim, and save right there.

A pregnancy controller would only be deleted by NSL if the sim linked to it is not actually pregnant, and THAT will only be AFTER the baby has actually been born, but before the name-giving dialog has appeared.

After the full sweep, pregnancy controllers are no longer touched until you reload the lot. And a reload is NOT the first run, so the full sweep will take no time at all. So, until now, I've always been comfortable that the full sweep will be over before the currently active pregnancy controller becomes obsolete. However, my hoods aren't huge and don't have all that many sims in them, so the results may be different for other players.

So, in fact, I'm beginning to feel concern about this thing, especially as NSL is going to handle more different issues at the same time... Therefor, I'm currently in the process of moving this most critical of processes (checking for broken pregnancy controllers) all the way to the front of the queue, so it will be long done before it could accidentally harm any current birth. Checking for PCs is only done on the current lot; controllers on other lots aren't touched until those lots are loaded to play. So this PC search should take no more than a sim minute... one RL second. Any birth takes way longer than that, doesn't it?

Does this properly take away any concerns you might have, Sleepy?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:36:42 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »
Ok, NSL v2.04 is up. This one should be a bit faster, more secure and more accurate.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2011, 11:20:54 PM »
Does this properly take away any concerns you might have, Sleepy?

Yes, thank you.  :smile: 

I'll hold off switching from v1 to v2.04 until I finish getting my new hood set up (it's nearly done) since I still have sims to add to it but I've downloaded it so I have it on hand.   :thumb:

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2011, 01:55:47 AM »
I know this was a long time ago in the thread now, but I've just noticed ZZ's post about sickness - ZZ, did you know there's an option on the batbox which will let you check sickness level on a sim? I find it very useful when playing my apocalypse hood. The popup is incomprehensible though without the key.

Sorry if you already know this/the problem is solved, I just thought I'd post in case it helped.

(Edited to fix link)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 02:01:44 AM by simsfreq »
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
Yep, I know about the option, simsfreq, and I know how to cure my sims.  It was just the fact that the continued recurrence of sickness, even after eating comfort soup, being sprayed with Paladin's disinfectant, etc., was happening with that old version installed.  Once I removed it, sim sickness was back to normal, which in my hoods tends to be fairly low frequency, since I ban all visitors while a sim is sick, usually lock them in their bedroom until they are better, and generally do a lot more to isolate them than the real world does to isolate Lassa Fever!

Offline Wolfenblu

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
Oh I am so going to try this. I seem to have a lot of sickness in cycles every time I throw a party a bunch of people get sick. :confused: I can't figure out why like I have a typhoid Mary who goes to all parties.
Its just at this one hood my story hood.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2011, 04:50:22 PM »
Try the option to Ban Plague on the Visitor Controller.  I don't know if it works for parties, but it does keep sick walkbys off your lot.

I tend, if a family gets sick a lot, to use the option in the DMA teleporter to give that family disease immunity.  I figured, if you keep getting flu, you go and get vaccinated....

Offline aussieone

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2011, 12:32:01 AM »
A couple of issues I've noticed since installing 2.04. I've had a couple of teen sims reverting to child bodies (fixed using the age body fix on Pescados bat box) and also one elder reverting to an adult body. When I say reverting, this happens when I save a lot, close the game and then load up the game on another play session and load that same lot I saved and closed previously. Also I used the blender on a teen to make her friends only with another teen she wouldn't stop booty calling and then loading the lot again during another play session as described above, she booty called him again even though the add to friend zone with him was still selected.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2011, 05:05:58 AM »
I'm thinking there must be something else that causes your problem, aussieone, because it's *impossible* for NSL to cause the body problems that you mention.

And the thing with the teen booty-cvalling someone that you had set as friend-only: that can only be something that's caused by ACR. If this other teen is the ONLY person available for her to call, for example, she would call him no matter what you do!

Offline aussieone

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2011, 05:14:50 PM »
I'm thinking there must be something else that causes your problem, aussieone, because it's *impossible* for NSL to cause the body problems that you mention.

And the thing with the teen booty-cvalling someone that you had set as friend-only: that can only be something that's caused by ACR. If this other teen is the ONLY person available for her to call, for example, she would call him no matter what you do!

Hmm, well I've been playing that particular neighbourhood for a long, long time so perhaps the more frequently occuring age body issue is a sign of bad things to come.

Also, yes he is the only teen boy she knows at this point and I didn't realise that she would keep calling him because of that. Thanks for the info, BO.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2011, 07:42:43 PM »
I rather think that ACR doesn't recognise *Going Steady* as  a no-go relationship, as it does *Engaged* or *Married* (and even then, a married sim can be booty-called, but if they are set to totally faithful, they should reject the invitation to the bedroom or the hot tub.  I don't know if a teen who is going steady would do that, though - I tend to doubt it.)

As to whether your hood is on its last legs, I've been playing my current hood  (around 60 playable families) for a long time, and although occasionally weird things happen, they can also happen in a brand new hood.  BO's mod should, however, take care of a lot of the problems which happen with an aging hood.  Make sure you also clean up with the FFS Debugger, and I think you should be able to go on playing your hood for a while yet.

Offline aussieone

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2011, 08:19:17 PM »
The current hood I'm playing ZZ, is around 30 odd playable families and I thought *that* was a lot, so it's encouraging to read that you have been playing yours with around 60 with minimal problems. When you say clean up with the FFS debugger, what options are you selecting to clean up? For example, I use the clean up trash option, nuke attraction markers and clean up boring gossip. Any others I should be utilising in your opinion?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2011, 01:03:22 AM »
Any that appear from time to time, and BO's mod doesn't deal with (it deals with most of them, like stuck kicky bags, etc.) but if you already clean up the trash memories, there isn't a lot else.  I find it pays not to keep too much stuff in their inventories - unless you are planning on moving your sims in the near future, then food stocks are better in the fridge or the juicer (I use djs sims juicertweaks so 500 items of fruit and veggies can be stored in the juicer) since they do make the inventory pretty enormous.  The same with crafted items, if they are to sell on a comm lot, then the sooner they are used up the better, so long as you have sims making more for the future, but just having large numbers of flower bouquets or toy trucks stored in the inventory for no reason just takes up space.

I also try to not use more than just over 1 - 1.5GB of downloads in the hood, so the groups.cache file is generally pretty small, and anything I never use, or doesn't work as well as I'd hoped, comes out.

You can also make your Neighborhood.package considerably smaller if you use SimPE to clean up all those empty relationships, although many will simply return again next time your sim is on the same lot as the other sim/s (by empty I mean they are unknown, and 0/0).  There are also a lot of trash relationships between various townies and default NPCs such as the Grim Reaper, Ideal Plant Sim, etc.  The relationships serve no purpose, but they take up space.  Dead sims, who live in the default family may have such relationships and *know* these NPCs, but I can see no reason why living sims who are part of another family should know them.  (If your abducted sim does not *know* the PT, why should x number of townies have relationship points with them?)

My hood only has one dead sim at the moment, none of my elders is, hopefully, going to die, they will all retire gracefully some days before the event to live in a retirement home on Sunset Isles... dead sims knowing all the NPCs and frequently other dead sims they never knew while alive is another way of keeping the N...package too big.

Offline aussieone

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2011, 01:41:26 AM »
Lots of things to consider there, ZZ. Thanks for taking the time out to write a very helpful post indeed.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2011, 01:54:56 AM »
You're welcome.  I just hope it helps you keep your hood going.  Just make sure to create a back-up before you start the work in SimPE (and I say work advisedly, it's a long, boring job....)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2011, 05:07:48 AM »
The current hood I'm playing ZZ, is around 30 odd playable families and I thought *that* was a lot, so it's encouraging to read that you have been playing yours with around 60 with minimal problems. When you say clean up with the FFS debugger, what options are you selecting to clean up? For example, I use the clean up trash option, nuke attraction markers and clean up boring gossip. Any others I should be utilising in your opinion?

Boring gossip only?? I always take out "gossip from ALL". That gets rid of a lot more! :) Apart from that, I'm in agreement with all the points that ZZ mentioned. There's a lot to consider if you want to keep a hood alive for a long time.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2011, 05:16:24 AM »
I think aussieone meant that the gossip was boring, not that there was an option to only remove boring gossip - the batbox removes it all, too.... (even from the dead, although I don't think I've ever managed to find any....)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2011, 06:35:54 AM »
The batbox *does* actually also have an option to remove ONLY *boring gossip*, ZZ. But I never use it.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2011, 07:36:40 AM »
My version doesn't.

Offline aussieone

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »
I did mean the "gossip all boring" choice on the batbox. The reason I don't use the "remove all gossip" choice is because I recall reading somewhere that it removes gossip that may be beneficial to relationships or words to that effect? I've often wondered why the bat box has the the three choices, there must be a good reaason for it I suppose, or Pescado wouldn't have implemented them.

anything