Author Topic: I really, really want this!!!  (Read 24430 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
I really, really want this!!!
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:42:19 PM »
OK, so I've mentioned this on numerous occasions as something that really annoys the hell out of me - the *token - sim - loaded*!

It can easily be removed in SimPE, and seems to return only if I switch hoods (renaming and switching to another set of game files doesn't seem to cause the same issue) within one set of game folders.  I did think, at first, that the batbox was cleaning them up, but no, I've checked, and it doesn't.  And no, removing them does not cause any problems that I've noticed, whereas leaving them in causes the game to lag and sims to move jerkily.  If you don't believe me, check it out!  It also returns whenever a new EP or SP is added, so probably a hood reset of any kind will also cause it to return.

With a current hood numbering around 60 playable households, this is an annoying amount of editing, and takes some considerable time, as the tokens can be virtually anywhere in a large number of memories generated recently.

So, what I'm asking for is one simple tool to simply remove them from either the whole hood or just one lot at a time, it doesn't matter, so it could either be a global mod or an additional to the misc feature of the Blender, for example.

Believe me, it causes trouble in my game and I have a pretty good system, so it must be dreadful for anyone still using an older laptop or lower end desktop. 

BTW, pets and babies get them too, so I'd prefer it to be either lot or hood and not individual-based.  Also, even if I clean up one household, visitors may also have the token and the jerkiness will start all over again.  For some reason, townies and NPCs don't seem to be affected, just playables.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: I really, really want this!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »
I'll see what can be done, ZZ. Perhaps it's possible to enhance the "Load Household" system to search for this token in all the household members and destroy it.
And if not, we'll think of something else. But either way, we're going to slay this dragon!

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »
BO, if you can do this for me, I will be so grateful!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:09:52 AM »
This is odd beyond belief! I have now confirmed that this token has existed ever since BG!! But it is BOGUS and totally INERT: it has no BHAVs, no functions, no data, no NOTHING.... AT ALL! And it never has, either! It's just an empty snippet of paper, a complete waste of space and time!

How in the world can an inert, meaningless token like that ever cause any lag, if it does nothing, contains nothing and triggers nothing? And why in the Hell did they ever create this totally BOGUS object?

Of course, this isn't going to change the objective: Since it seems to serve no purpose at all, there should be absolutely NO adverse effects if it's deleted on a regular basis. So, the hunt is on: I'll find a convenient way to get rid of it!

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Cyjon

• Mushloving Mophead
    • Cyjon's Sims 2 Mods 'n' Stuff
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:40:58 AM »
That's normal for tokens. They don't do anything by themselves. Some hold info, but some are just markers. For example, I have been trying to give plantbabies the Nature One True Hobby but the game keeps regenerating a new OTH when I exit and re-enter the lot. I finally figured out there is a token with the sole purpose of saying "If the sim has me, then the OTH has already been generated so don't pick another".

So, just to be picky, the token doesn't cause lag. One or move game routines cause lag when they see the token.

That leads to one of my "I Want This!" features for SimPE - the ability to search on operands, not just opcodes. So I could say something like "find all BHAVs which manipulate this particular token". I'd want to know what purpose this token serves before wiping it out neighborhood wide.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:30:58 AM »
I suppose you're right, Cyjon.

As for the OTH: yes, there is a token; something like "Token - Hobby - Initialized". I suspect that in order for your change to be effective, your routine to set the Nature hobby would need to find and destroy this token first, and THEN set up the new hobby.

I totally agree on that last bit at least. I would be overjoyed if some tool or feature existed in SimPE whereby one can search for BHAVs that handle a specific operand, or which refer to a specific object, either by GUID or by category. That would make a lot of our work so much easier.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »
Cyjon, I think it has something to do with the *secret* OTH.  I know that if you select that, it takes the game some time to generate a new OTH for adult sims.

And BO, token - sim - loaded has, indeed, existed since the BG, and was actually worse then than it is now for reappearing.  I asked Pescado eons ago to see if something could be done about it, but he thought it was probably a necessary file and wouldn't even look at it!  Thank you for taking the time and trouble to look into the matter - I'm sure, you know, that a lot of problems reported as being due to mod conflicts are, in fact, due to this nasty little token!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 05:37:33 PM »
Well, you have no need to despair any further, ZZ, because here's BO - No Sim Loaded, which should make you a lot happier!

Offline FisherX

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »
Thanks BO...  :love:

.. I was first to dl this.... :rofl:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 05:55:16 PM »
BO, thank you so much!  I shall try it out immediately - or at least, as soon as I reboot and restart my game!  :love:

(I know you don't like chocolate, so this bouquet is not for eating....)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 05:57:50 PM »
Oh, I don't like chocolate? Well, I better stop eating it, then! :rofl:

It's a lovely bouquet, btw. Thanks, ZZ :thumb:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »
I thought you didn't... oh, (slaps wrist) it's tea and coffee you don't like, isn't it?  In that case, help yourself to the cookies!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 09:01:04 PM »
Yeah, that's it! Especially the coffee, though... :eew:

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 04:37:17 AM »
*snags as well* Thanks, BO! :thumb: Can't wait to see if this solves the mysterious lag problem.
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 08:49:12 AM »
You'll be wanting the next version, too, TS. :D It's going to really blow holes in memory/disk usage. And the game should definitely be more responsive, not having to deal with all those excess memories, tokens and broken objects all the time. The need for SimPE visits would also drastically be reduced!

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »
Sounds very intriguing!    :thumb:

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 05:55:17 PM »
Can't wait for the next version, then! :cheese:
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 01:05:39 AM »
Well, you don't need to wait any longer, because version 2 is now available. Here, in the same place as v1! :)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 05:16:34 AM »
Thanks, BO - I'll give it a try and see how it goes with FT!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 06:29:49 AM »
Please do, ZZ. I'm sure it'll work out well, but one never knows... :) Just let me know if you're missing something, something goes wrong, or you want something changed.

Oops!!! Now I remember I must update the description a bit... Scenario Controllers (AWOL headmaster) are also handled by it, but the description doesn't say so! (edit: done!)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:36:29 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 09:48:14 AM »
It works fine, although I think I would prefer it to scan a little less often, rather than show a pop-up for 3 gossip tokens (at least, I assume that's what they are, since my sim is usually on the phone when they are reported as fried....  Other than that, everything is working incredibly smoothly!  :thumb:  What I'd have given for a mod like this back in the base game days!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm beginning to think that once every hour is a bit much, too. I've set the messages to disappear after 5 seconds, but one still looks every time something pops up, which can be very distracting.

Maybe once every three hours is good enough. But there are also other alternatives which I'm considering... Like doing the gossip scan only ONCE per household: directly after loading! When playing the next household, all gossip of the previous one will be deleted. And I can consider reporting ONLY on the initial load, but not for every subsequent scan.

OR... I could make a completely silent version, so you don't get reminded all the time. A silent version could continu to scan this often!

Although it's a quantum leap forward, version 2 obviously isn't the last version of this mod ;)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 12:43:58 PM »
I must admit, I do like seeing the initial pop-up, and that feeling of satisfaction you get when you see so much dross being cleaned up!  But I do like the idea of doing the gossip only when a house is loaded, and then not until you close the house and load another one - it's interesting to see how much has accumulated in a short space of time!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 12:54:42 PM »
- it's interesting to see how much has accumulated in a short space of time!

Absolutely, and having the satisfaction of saying to yourself: "Now THAT crap isn't going to bother anyone any longer! Big Pppfffffrrrrtttt at EAxis!" :lol:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 01:12:26 PM »
It does for the game what a good registry cleaner does for Windows! :smile:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 06:16:25 PM »
I must admit, I do like seeing the initial pop-up, and that feeling of satisfaction you get when you see so much dross being cleaned up!  But I do like the idea of doing the gossip only when a house is loaded, and then not until you close the house and load another one - it's interesting to see how much has accumulated in a short space of time!

This is definitely happening, ZZ! I'm currently in the process of testing version 2.01, which does the full sweep and report only directly after loading the house, and after that goes into the same modus as on comm lots. That is to say: a short, undocumented sweep every 15 sim minutes (15 RL seconds). I've just finished playing one house for a full sim day, and didn't notice at all that this mod ran 4 times a minute, except that everything kept running ever so smoothly.

Never before did I enjoy my game as much as I did just now!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 01:22:22 AM »
Agreed, with version 2 installed, it's only the pop-up that tells you it's there!  (And knowing, of course, that because it's there, your game is running more smoothly!)  And without the pop-up, it would be totally unnoticeable to anyone who didn't know your mod was in their game.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 07:08:16 AM »
I've upgraded "No Sim Loaded v2" to v2.01, which runs a full scan ONLY directly upon loading a liveable lot, and then reports on it. After that, it does a shorter scan every 15 sim minutes, just like on comm lots, and will no longer report what it finds.

Also, the shorter scan no longer includes the removal of Scenario Controllers, kicky-bags, poo-bags, move-outs and gossip.  (killing kicky-bags 4 times per minutes is very annoying if you have sims playing that game! :P)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 08:09:20 AM »
Great.  BTW, I was right when I said I didn't think the problem was common at Uni, I've recently played two sets of twins, moving them first into separate lots, and then combining their cash to move them in to a single, better lot with their respective siblings, totalling 6 move-ins in all, and not a single sim loaded was found.  I think the odd ones I've seen amongst YAs in the past had something to do with them being left behind on my last SimPE edit.  Now, I'm wondering whether I'll find the same thing on a vacation lot, and if so, why did EA deem them necessary on residential home lots, but not college or, maybe, vacation homes?  Very strange.

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 12:59:06 AM »
Related question. What exactly does deleting gossip do? Because I happen to like my sims gossiping about who burned food, who made a new friend, and who cheated on who. I find it a fun part of the ongoing neighborhood scenario.

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
issue with the new mod?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 01:22:53 AM »
Has anyone else had a sim have a baby after installing this mod yet? Because i ran into a problem during childbirth.

Let me start chronologically. I played friday night, a sim had triplets, then my game crashed when i tried to give one of the triplets new hair when they aged to toddler. And of course i hadn't saved at all. Totally unrelated, but mentioned, because the next day, after i had first installed version 1 of this mod, and a whole bunch of other mods as well (i know maybe not the smartest thing to do, but what's done is done), i went to "restore" the lost triplets, as i was very bummed about losing them. So basically i used the inteen biological clock to have her have one child and one set of twins. I made her have them immediately, but the most important point, those births went fine. (I did notice some other glitches during gameplay, but haven't had time to test which one of the new mods might be causing that, quite likely it's one of the other ones.)

Sunday morning however, i swapped version 1 for version 2, and that was the only change i made at that point. Then i went to play the game, and one of my sims had a baby. However, the birth procedure didn't get finished properly. I got the pop up "a baby is on the way", she popped the baby, but never did i get a pop up to name the baby. Nor did anyone get the vacation days to care for the infant. And the buy and build controls remained grayed out, batbox reenabled them for me. She had put the baby down on the ground, but after that it was like it didn't really exist.  I had used the blender to give it a name, and bought stuff for the baby, but when mousing over the baby, although the name popped up, you couldn't select any interactions. And the pointer changed to a sort of greyed out state rather then the indicator it normally changes to. Same for the crib and the changing table. The danglemaster did show an option, but when selecting, the sims couldn't do it and it dropped the action. I ended up having to nuke the baby, and then restoring it (nice option on the manipulator). Interestingly it got restored hanging in mid air, like during childbirth and the parent has just caught the baby. After that, it all worked fine, so luckily it did get fixed and everything is fine now.

But point remains that something went really wrong, it's as if it got stuck mid birth process, although my sims continued their everyday life. When i have time for it (which might be a while), i want to test if it will happen again with another birth. But since the new version does something with pregnancy controllers too, i thought i'd mention it already. And see if anyone has had births with the new mod in already. As it seems unlikely to be any of the other mods, since i had births after installing those and they went fine.
Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2011, 02:12:45 AM »
My sims have had no such problems, Pleun.  I suspect it's the hair, or one of the other mods you have installed.  Remove everything you have installed at the same time as BO's mod and see if that solves the problem.  And when you install mods, remember to use the HCDU!

AlfredAskew, gossip overloads your hood.  Deleting it all will not stop sims gossiping, and the gossip builds up again over time.

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 02:29:10 AM »
I've tried it with version 2.01 and had the same problem as Pleun. It's an almost new Belladonna Cove (only played one test family for the skill limiter) with only the blender, BO's and Cyjon's mod installed. I've sloaded the unplayed Patels and speeded up Ana's pregnancy. She started to give birth and during the cut scene, the baby snapped away from her. No naming menu popped up and no interactions are possible, it's not even possible to shift+click for the debug menu; there isn't an option at the fridge to feed the baby either. Build/buy mode and saving are still disabled.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 02:48:46 AM »
I wonder if it has something to do with the pregnancy controllers?  I don't think I've had a birth since installing the latest version, but I have had an adoption of a toddler, and that worked perfectly, apart from one the weirdness of the new toddler being given the name Dorothy, which is the name the game assigned to the only other adoptee in the hood.  When I decided to save the first Dorothy's lot to a file, and cleaned it up with the CI, I noticed that the second Dorothy was one of the sims included in the lot.... (oh, and they are not alike in appearance in any way, so I don't think it's a clone.....)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 03:04:25 AM »
I've tried it again in an unplayed PV with the Brokes to make sure that it's not the lot zoning (the Patels are living in an apartment). This time I didn't speed up the pregnancy but got the same problem. Additional to that, although both babies were added to the family panel (cheesecake twins), only one was lying on the floor and Brandi still had the pregnancy walk.

Edit:
And that's what happens without the scene, the baby is still attached to her and moves when she moves.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:21:51 AM by arathea »
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 05:23:24 AM »
Yeah, that looks like the position the baby was in when i restored it after having nuked it. (Nuking babies, ew.) Only when i unpaused, it dropped to the ground. Seems like they can get stuck in different places too. Btw, thanks for your testing Arathea. I was going to do that when i finally had time to, but your test already excludes the option it might have been a fluke or a combination of mods or something. I'm just glad i had the batbox, blender, stuckobjects remover and manipulator so i could get everything fixed eventually.

@ZZ; i was pretty sure it was this mod, or i wouldn't have posted it. Since i've had births after installing the other mods and they went fine. I probably should have just said that, and not elaborate on the how and why. Version 2 of this mod was the only thing new when things did did start to go wrong with the births. And Arathea's tests clearly confirm to me this mod causes these birth problems.

I know i should run HCDU before i start playing, but i was impatient. However i did run it afterwards, since i was seeing errors, but notting points to either this error or the other one i'm having. That one is very likely due to one of the other mods though, so i best not discuss it any further here.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 05:32:41 AM »
Oioioi!!!! That should NOT be happening... I'll have to look into this issue. It *seems* like it must have something to do with pregnancy controllers, even though it *looks* like the test for those controllers is solid (I simply used the same logic that Pescado used on his box).

I have a number of pregnant sims still running around. I'll speed some up and see what gives.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 05:59:56 AM »
Ok, I think this situation warrants double posts...

I've sped up Christy Cooke's pregnancy, and she gave birth. Everything went well, UNTIL the baby needed to be named: the dialog did NOT come up!!! She put her baby on the floor, but then I could NOT save the game, and the build/buy manus were not restored, either. This most certainly is a problem related to pregnancy controllers.

Thank you, Pleun, for reporting this grave issue, and thank you Arathea for your research and confirmation! I'll see if this can be fixed PRONTO!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 06:16:23 AM »
Maybe it's the naming part that explains why my second adoptee was given the same first name as the first, although I was able to change it with the blender.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »
The issue has now been resolved! Continuous checking for Pregnancy Controllers clearly interfered with the sequence of events surrounding the birth.

Directly after birth, the sim is technically no longer pregnant, but the controller is still needed to trigger the Name-giving dialog, and the re-enabling of full control. My mod would destroy the token BEFORE it really became invalid. Version 2.01 is no longer available. Version 2.02 takes over... all users of versions 2 or 2.01, please re-download!!!

Again, thanks to Pleun and Arathea for finding and reporting the issue! :love: Well done :thumb:

@MaryH: I would be grateful if you posted a little note about it at GoS as well, so users there will know they need to update. Thanks in advance! :bow:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:29:10 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline Bagfran

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 09:03:34 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks for fixing this so speedily - it sounds like a potentially very valuable mod. :smile:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
Be assured, it works wonders.... let us know if you see a big improvement in your game!

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »
I'd have rather had something positive to report, but figured it's important to know if something is wrong. Thank you for fixing it so quickly, i'm off to see if Hannah Bell's baby will be born properly now. If she doesn't have a miscarriage again that is.

PS. The other issue has been fixed. After finding out what it was related to, my hunch as to which mod was causing it was right. I'm pretty sure that mod doesn't go well with another one. Just mentioning, so you can be sure it wasn't related to this mod.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »
Well, I'm glad you DID report what you found, Pleun. Positive reports are great, but negative reports are important because they help to improve the product eventually.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »
BO, the last lot I played was quite laggy, so I quit and checked the family in SimPE, and found that, though token - sim - loaded was not, in this case, an issue, as no-one, including the cat, had one, but one sim still had an *I was attracted to* memory, though all other similar memories had gone from all the other adult sims on the lot.  (The batbox doesn't always removed these, and I think they do get corrupted, like the other attraction markers etc.)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »
As you may be aware, ZZ, the *was attracted to* memory is something quite different from the Token named "Attraction marker". I'm not touching memories at all (yet), so it's no surprise that it was there.
I might try to search and destroy such rogue memories, once I know what GUID to look for... The "Nuke attraction marker" routine on the batbox ONLY kills the tokens, not the memories, and since most of my info came from the batbox... I'll have to do some extensive searching for this GUID.

Maybe it's one of the "Trash" memories that the batbox looks for...

I 'spect, Topsy not growed yet :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:53:15 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2011, 09:02:02 PM »
I thought it must be that, but the batbox had no option for corrupt memories, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't look for the attraction memory, seems to only hunt out those childhood memories of an unlinked parent, and I've rarely, if ever, seen it for any but premade sims.

It would be great if you could find that particular GUID and nuke it - if you remove it in SimPE, they will get another one next time they get attracted, so it doesn't seem to cause any problem if you delete them and allow new and, hopefully, non-corrupt ones to spawn.  The same can apply to furious memories, although it's a long time since I actually saw a furious memory cause lag like it did in NL!  (And, of course, furiousness tends to be less common than attraction in the sim world....)

Yup, Topsy sure is gonna grow BIG!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2011, 09:39:18 PM »
I've investigated all avenues so far, and I found the following:

According to the GUIDs in his "Clear Trash" routine, the ONLY things JMP considers trash, are: Met Sim, Met Pet, Move In, Move Out, Backfired Wish, and Backfired Voodoo Doll.
Those are the only NON-CORRUPTED memories he destroys through the "Clear Trash" option. And of course the Mystery Sim memories using the "Wipe Mystery Sim" option.
Oddly enough, he doesn't check whether attraction markers are actually present... The "Nuke Attraction Markers" option is ALWAYS available if NL or better is detected. Talk about some strange decisions...

The fact that the batbox didn't show the "Wipe Corrupted" option in your case, seems to indicate that this memory was NOT corrupted. The target sim was probably valid! Only the token was absent, but that shouldn't be important for the memory per sť. It's possible, however, that the memory without a matching token causes some other issue that JMP never considered, nor explored. Not that I find it very likely, but I've been wrong before, so that means nothing.

Anyway, the GUID has been identified. The next version that I'll upload, *will* wipe such memories and report them as Fried Tokens.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »
Great!  Strangely enough, if you don't wipe the Mystery Sim before you clear trash, the option to wipe Mystery Sim vanishes.... (Oh, and don't leave it until after you have upgraded pre-FT sims, or they will have the benefit points without the experience.....)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2011, 09:57:28 PM »
Yeah, that's right, and it isn't strange at all... The "Wipe Mystery Sim" option disappears, because "Clear Trash" kills all the "Met Sim" memories, including "Met Mystery Sim". Without that memory, the "Mystery Sim" sequence is not complete, and therefor the "Wipe" option won't show anymore... Another odd decision, if you ask me.

That's why I suggested earlier to wipe all "Met Sim" memories with the EXCLUSION of "Met Mystery Sim"; just to keep the "Mystery Sim" sequence intact, and to allow that option to remain on the batbox, for those who still want to wipe him/her afterwards. I'm simply trying to improve on JMPs work, by any means possible and required.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:59:24 PM by BoilingOil »

anything
anything