Author Topic: Ask on Date - Booty Call  (Read 8157 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Ask on Date - Booty Call
« on: March 27, 2011, 09:27:16 PM »
I was wondering whether it might be possible to equate the Booty Call with the Ask Sim on Date want, so that, without any effort on the player's part, sims wanting 50 dream dates can autonomously do something about it.  (For example, a sim who wants to maximise some hobbies can do so virtually unaided by the player, just by *doing what comes naturally* to them.... and the same goes for acquiring certain skill points.)

"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
Re: Ask on Date - Booty Call
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:17:44 AM »
Would this not cause problems if a sim decided to autonomously ask someone on a date just before they were due to leave for work? Or when they were about to sleep (though I guess a mood check could take care of that). Especially in large households or with a sim who gets promoted a lot, where you might be relying on the carpool or pop up to remind you when their work starts, so even a cancellable dialog box wouldn't help, if you can't click to the job panel to check.
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:15 AM »
@simsfreq: If I read ZZ right, they wouldn't actually ask another sim on a date autonomously! But when they make a Booty Call, it would satisfy the 'Ask sim on Date' want.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 09:45:10 AM »
That would be awesome!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »
I think so, too... :love: It would be an ACR request, if you ask me, though ;)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 10:56:24 AM »
I suppose I should have posted it there... I wondered, though, if it would be something that could be altered in, or added fairly easily to, the existing booty call file.

And yes, BO, that's exactly what I meant, not sims suddenly getting autonomous ask on date actions.  I've found that the Booty Call action does, in many cases, occur when a sim returns from work, not when they are due to leave, so some check must already be in existence.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »
ZZ, you're absolutely right: it shouldn't be too hard to add the instructions for satisfaction of the appropriate want to the Booty Call package. I think even *I* can do that :D

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 11:48:16 AM »
It would make more sense, I think, to do it as an *extra* or personal modification from instructions, since not everybody would want this.  The dream dates themselves, of course, would have to be dealt with by the player once the booty-called sim was on the lot.  However, a lot of romance sims (among others) get wants to ask on date, and if there are two or three such sims living on a lot, satisfying them all becomes extremely tedious.  Also, while you are doing your best for the sims on a date (I mostly use home lots for dates anyway) the rest of the family/household gets away with all sorts of stupid stuff....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 05:54:01 PM »
As far as the modifications go, I understand completely, ZZ. :) People who DON'T want the modifications, could continue to use the original Booty Call file, while those who DO want the modification could use the new one with this option included, right?

Oh, don't start about sims doing mischief while you're handling a date. I do my dates at home as well, and know all about the frantic behavior of unchecked sims. They KNOW when you're not looking, and they use THAT time to do stupid things which go far beyond their normal retardedness.

I had a couple with several children once. They both wanted to ask eachother on a date. Well, you can only fullfill one of these, but that doesn't matter. Anyway, while I was playing their date, one of the kids went outside to build a snowman. He found some cramped corner in which to stand, and built the snowman in such a position that it blocked his own way out. When the date was finished, the kid was SOLID! And I mean FROZEN solid ;)

On another date in a different household, their twin daughters (children) went outside in a heatwave to play chess. When the date was over, they were CRISPY! Severely burnt!

Dates can turn pretty sour that way...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 11:03:30 PM »
I agree - sims are very, very retarded at times!  So, if Booty Call could satisfy the *ask on date* want (not much use, of course, for couples) it would at least mean that only Pleasure Sims with the 5O Dream Date wants would need to have dates.  Even the 50 First Dates could be satisfied by the Booty Call if they switch their One frequently enough - and the player can do that for them...

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 12:36:46 AM »
Absolutely!

Suddenly I'm thinking: if TJ were to do this (in stead of me), he could even create an extra flag on the tokens, and a config-option on the controller to switch this ability on or off, Hood-wide, Lot-specific, or perhaps even per sim. I'm certain I'd like that :P

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 05:59:09 AM »
Oh, and so would I!!!! That would be wonderful.... pretty pleases to TJ, and

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 06:56:24 AM »
Add some chocolate chip cookies to this plea.  Id love this.

Click On Those, Please?

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 11:07:43 AM »

It would be nice if booty call satisfied the date want.  :ninja:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 12:44:01 PM »
Yeah, it's certainly worth a nice...

:cheese:

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 02:07:57 PM »
Now I want chocolate cake really badly.  :P
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline Liquid Vamp

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Real vampires DO NOT sparkle!
    • LV's Interior Simagery
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »
Me too, but I have devil's food cake mix and frosting in the cupboard. :wink:
I'm the type of person that can watch hundreds of horror movies and not get scared but would scream at the top of my lungs when toast pops out of the toaster.
White Rabbit
Spiritless Blood

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 11:51:49 AM »
Shame on you, LV!  Cake Mix, indeed!!!! :giggle:

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »
It's not kind to tease a pregnant lady with devil's food cake.  :P
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline Liquid Vamp

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Real vampires DO NOT sparkle!
    • LV's Interior Simagery
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 01:45:05 AM »
 :lol: it's needed for an ice cream cake type recipe! But kaci made me get the other box cos she wanted cake.
I'm the type of person that can watch hundreds of horror movies and not get scared but would scream at the top of my lungs when toast pops out of the toaster.
White Rabbit
Spiritless Blood

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »
Can I just be difficult and ask if this is implemented, that it be an option one can choose or not? I would personally not like this feature as the Booty Call option already satisfies the woohoo want/LTW (I assume?) and that's enough for me :)
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »
Always a difficult one. :tongue: X)

Okay, so satisfying the ask on a date want is a very easy add and does seem logical to me - and not terribly more difficult if optional (:P). There was mention of helping to satisfy the 50 dream dates though too and that would require either launching the date scenario (:eew:) or fudging a successful dream date (not so hard I don't think).

Preferences?

ETA: And two separate options is a no-go so it's got to be an all-in-one optional thingy.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:25:46 AM by twojeffs »
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »
Sounds about right to me, TJ! Either Booty Calls register as dates, and also count towards the dates LTWs, or they don't count for either.

@simsfreq: didn't I mention that in this post? With those options I mentioned there, one would be able to choose whether Booty Calls count as dates or not; per hood, per lot, or even per sim ;) Nothing difficult about it, if you ask me. At least not for TJ :bow:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 12:05:01 PM »
Sounds to me that what you suggest would do all I want.  :thumb:  Would it just mean one file that is different (ie, the Booty Call one, I would imagine) and therefore there would be no problem for someone such as simsfreq as, if they don't want the option, they would just not download the file and replace the original?

Optional per sim would be good, although for me it wouldn't really matter, provided that it was optional to turn it off rather than the other way around.  I personally hate the whole date scenario where each sim who has a date has to be micro-managed if they are to get a dream date, and once they've got there you have to end the date before they lose it again - not easy if it's 2am, your sim has fallen asleep after woohoo and the time is passing rapidly, so if ACR was, in a sense, taking over the micro-management, I'd be really happy!

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:54 PM »
Perhaps getting a "dream date" off a booty call is a semi-random occurrence based on say... chemistry, ST relationship, body and charisma scores (thus leading to the dream woohoo :P)?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »
Now, that is a good idea! :thumb: