Author Topic: ACR error  (Read 5627 times)

Offline tessalion

• Mushloving Mophead
ACR error
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:08:33 AM »
I loaded up the game this evening and ACR (2.5b) started throwing errors in the house I was playing right and left, basically I couldn't do anything in between errors being thrown.  At the time Nina was making a booty call and Dina (the one the errors are about from what I can tell) had just invited one of her boy toys and his family over.  I tried resetting her, deleting her, reset ACR, uninstalling/reinstalling ACR.  No go.  I checked in on a few other households and it threw and error once or twice in two of them.  Not near the same frequency, but I think that might because of the situations involved (married couples, vs just starting/considering to date in the household I can't play) since the error says something about attraction score.

I ran HCDU to double check that nothing I'd added was causing problems and absolutely nothing conflicted with ACR, so I have no clue why this just started.  Can anyone make heads or tails of these errors?  Are there other problem solving things I should try?

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
Re: ACR error
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:23:00 AM »
I am not very good at reading error logs, but the second one looks to me like a try to calculate an attraction score with and give a token to a china vase.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:51:56 AM »
Didn't this kind of thing crop up in another thread recently, and TJ said it was a problem if you have M&G without either AL or FT?  So, Tessa, do you have either or both of them, or just M&G?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline tessalion

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 10:16:45 AM »
I've got all EPs and SPs except for the Holiday one.  Yeah the mention of a vase in the error was really confusing to me because I'm 95% there's no vase on that lot.  X)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »
I would further assume that you have patched everything.  Perhaps something is cloned from a vase, which is causing the problem?  I'd suggest you remove everything except ACR and delete the .cache file, and see whether the problem persists.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »
The engine is following certain pre-defined parameters which it expects to point at certain stuff. At some point, a certain sim it has found, does not sport the required parameter, so the value found is actually nonsense. The engine is not aware of the mistake, and continues under the assumption that all is well, until it chokes because the found value (in this case a Vase) doesn't fit the requirements of a Sim.

And since I'm mentioning sims with missing parameters, suddenly I think I should ask what I held off earlier... Any sim teen or older that has no primary aspiration, is in some way missing a parameter, and could be the cause things like this. In the first error log, some guy Lionel was mentioned... Is that possibly a teen townie who was aged up with a playable friend, and perhaps lacks the required aspiration?

Did Dina previously have a 'one' or another important 'friend' who has since died, disappeared, gotten married, or become otherwise unavailable? Because that might cause especially HER to hiccup, because she would need to re-evaluate her attraction-scores, in order to find a suitable 'One' ;)

It's just a wild guess, but it might lead somewhere...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:50:47 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline tessalion

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 10:57:08 AM »
Yup all patched.  I'll try your suggestion ZZ.  It just strikes me as weird because I haven't changed anything on the lot since I last played it and it played fine then.  :hmm:

Lionel is a playable sim I made in CAS and dropped off with his family as background sims until they get involved with my actives.  I know he had an aspiration when I made him but I'll check in on his house and see if something got screwy.  Could the fact that he's a teen and the sim in question is an adult matter?  I have inteen installed and teen/adult enabled in ACR.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 11:23:12 AM »
Maybe, if you only dropped the family off, he did not get an ACR token but should have one? Unless you give it to them manually, teenagers get their tokens at 8:30 pm when they grow up and I don't know what happens if they are unplayed and saved before they get one.

Offline tessalion

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »
Well I booted up the game with ACR as the only thing in my downloads folder.  For an instant I thought ZZ might have stumbled on something because there were now a lot of vases sitting around the house where decor used to be. But alas, even with ACR as the only thing in the game threw out almost 50 of the same errors in a RL 10 minute period.  :blink:  I let the game just run on super fast speed and paid attention to when errors were occurring.  If there was no one on the lot other than Dina, Nina and baby, everything was fine.  The minute someone else came to the lot (always male) be it maid, walk by, whatever, errors started flying.  An interesting note, I was able to give tokens to everyone but Dina.  The minute I'd try to give her a token, an error would pop up that would seem the same as the others attraction score, nil, etc. 

I'm currently hoping that maybe, just maybe Dina is borked.  I'm going to go against my OCD nature and leave their house before the end of the rotation and just go play a different house.  If everything works well there and in the next few houses I'll just go and kill off the current Caliente sisters and plop in new ones for the story in my head.  I'm a little worried that my hood itself might have decided it's time for explodey since I've been playing this one for awhile now.  :nervous:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 01:02:31 PM »
It's clear that my last hunch leads nowhere. I already knew it was an extremely long shot... But at least it gave us some info about where the error is NOT ;)

You're right, Tess: Dina really seems to be the centre of bork in this instance.

If you have a recent backup of that hood where you know Dina was still ok, then try to determine her filename (SimPE can help you there), and just copy that file back to your current hood... It might be a futile attempt, but it can't make anything but her any worse, and how much worse would that be??? If she's really that borked already, it can't be any worse, can it? After all, she's unplayable already.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline tessalion

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 01:28:57 PM »
Unfortunately while I used to be uber careful about backing up every night when my other computer was dying with my "new" computer I haven't backed up in weeks.  *makes note to do that once I know the hood's not borked*  But if it's just Dina that's screwy its truly not a big loss.  Up until this current rotation I was getting ready to stop playing them anyways because I didn't have a story for them in my head and they were boring me.  Now of course I have a storyline for them, but I hadn't implemented it much yet so it's just as easy to drop a new set of the twins in game.

If I determine the rest of the hood is fine, what would screw with the neighborhood less, just bulldoze their house/move them out or actually kill them off?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 01:32:08 PM »
Don't just simply delete them... that would be screwy!

Either use the Batbox to prepare them for deletion first, or use Theo's deleter from withing SimPE. Most people here would advise the latter, I think, and they'll probably be better able to give you more details, if required.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
I've heard of people doing that (copying the file) and it has worked.  However, it might be worth checking her Neighborhood Memory in SimPE, there could well be something there that explains the problem.  (If you have a backup of her, check the corresponding NM items in that and see what, if anything, is different, has been added or, possibly, removed.

I've never yet had a sim who couldn't be put right by a bit of pruning in NM - maybe even just using the Wipe Corrupt option on the FFS Debugger is all you need to do (it will only appear as an option if there are corrupt memories that need wiping.  Be aware, though, that a lot of her childhood memories will be deleted, because the sim they relate to either does not have the equivalent memory, or the sim the memory relates to no longer exists.)

I would simply move her out and let her sit in the bin if you can't *cure* her.... if you want to replace her, though, you could clone her in Sim Surgery and then put the cloned CAS sim into the house instead (making sure to copy her details across, and making sure that all Neighborhood Memory details of sims she is supposed to know are changed to her new Identification number, and then use Theo's Deleter to delete the original Dina in SimPE.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:35:26 PM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
This set of errors is caused by the 'missing aspiration' issue. It is different from the other thread - although that thread does contain info and help to fix this problem.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline tessalion

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »
I've searched the forum and I can't seem to find the thread in question, if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be in their debt as searching effectively seems to be a skill I lack.  X)   Other than aging up townies with your sims (which I'm 90% certain I haven't done in this hood), what could cause a missing aspiration? I'm going to load up the house of the family I just dropped in game and who I'd invited over when this all started, since I haven't actively played them I've never seen if they have LTWs or not.

I was playing another house and ACR threw a few errors (only 3 in 2 sim days so far more playable), the pop up box said something about attraction score again so it's probably the same issue but since the logs look different I thought I'd post them as well.

Thank you for your help.  :smile:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 10:21:55 PM »
That last error log seems totally unrelated to the issue, but the first one, even though it uses different objects, *does* follow the same pattern as the logs you uploaded earlier...

Though I wasn't sure of it myself, TwoJeffs seems to confirm my idea about missing aspirations... Still it's odd that it mostly happens around Dina: I'd almost swing back to my original assumption: ACR is trying to figure out who to use as her 'One' and then stumbles onto sims (acquaintances of Dina's perhaps?) that miss an aspiration, causing this problem.

By the way, I *think* that ACR Jump Bug is the thread TJ is referring to.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:24:26 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 10:59:45 PM »
The 'object' reported in the error log is seemingly random because it is whatever object on the lot that had the same object ID value of the Sim's neighbor ID the code is working with. Anytime NIDs are being used instead of object IDs the logs look weird.

It does seem reasonable to start with Dina's known sims as a starting place for looking for the troublesome sim, and that was the thread I was referring to. Thanks for posting the link. :)
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 11:07:37 PM »
My pleasure, TJ :)

Offline tessalion

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 08:46:46 AM »
Thanks for the link and advice.  I've checked with the two households of sims I thought could be the problem in game and they were all fine, so now I'm off to hunt in SimPE.   :dry:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 08:59:19 AM »
Don't forget to check the townie teens - there could be one missing an aspiration through some kind of glitch, even if they haven't been grown up from child within your game.  Some of the later creations tend to be very screwy, and one of those townie teens created with FT. for example, could have been the one the EAxoids did their grow up test on, and didn't check out the aspiration.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 12:20:04 PM »
I'm still on the make-my-own-townies project, so I don't have the flaky Maxis ones... and I use Syberspunk's Grow Up instead of the Maxis one.  I just feel safer using a mod that I helped debug!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 12:36:18 PM »
I suppose one would!  However, by obeying one simple rule, only grow up a child who is on the lot at the time should solve the problem, I think.

anything
anything