Author Topic: ACR - Doesn't turn on/activate for each home  (Read 2508 times)

dufus36

ACR - Doesn't turn on/activate for each home
« on: November 13, 2010, 07:14:36 AM »
I have the lastest ACR 2 beta version. I also have a new hood where I'm creating Sims and then placing them in their new homes.  The first family gets to their new home; the ACR message shows that it is installed and working...  I play for a few minutes, save it and go to the Neighborhood screen. I place the next family into their new home; however, ACR doesn't come up with the message that it activated or installed. The Sims just stand there and breathe deeply (there were gardens and flowers around). It happens to the next family as well.

This happens each time I play multiple families; I've even deleted those .cache files before playing.

If this has already been addressed, please direct a link to me. I couldn't find it.

I know that I may have a conflict somewhere; so far, I haven't found it.

Appreciate all your help!

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
Re: ACR - Doesn't turn on/activate for each home
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 07:24:06 AM »
You omly get the message with the first family in a neighborhood, it means that ACR is installed for the whole hood, including all future families.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

dufus36

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 07:47:12 AM »
Okay... That makes sense... Then, why does the first family immediately start doing things and the other families just stand there?  Mmmm. 

Thanks for responding so quickly, arathea.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:40:52 AM »
First of all, autonomy may be switched off. Check under Settings in the UI.
Also, for new families, it may take some time before ACR notices their presence. If you don't want to wait, you could select one of the sims, spawn an adjuster (Adjust.../Casual Romance.../Spawn Adjuster) and, under 'Sim Settings' on the adjuster, give tokens to the family members.

I hope this helps... otherwise, I'm sure there will be more suggestions from others...

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:25:02 AM »
As in real life things seem less likely to happen when you are waiting for them. It really is random and some sims are slower to react than others. Plus when the tokens are set up their timer is at + 12hrs or something in that region, so they are not desperate for romance. However, even with their timers in the negative, sims sometimes seem to be unaffected by ACR. In my game they usually choose to change that in the least appropriate moments, at 5 pm on the birthday of their children for example or when they have visitors.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »
Oh yes, absolutely. When you're waiting for them to take action, they just sit around watching TV or whatever, but when there's an important event coming up, and you're trying to prepare them, they suddenly think it's time to offer you a free peep-show. Highly inappropriate! :lol:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »
Doofus should also be aware that unless an adjuster is spawned and standing on the lot, teens and elders will be ignored by ACR.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

dufus36

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 05:46:44 AM »
Wow... Thank you so much for your assistance!  I spawned the adjuster on one of the lots; made a few minor adjustments; and found that the ACR started working once neighbors came over (at least for one Sim).  His sister wants to wait.  I'll find out if it happens at inappropriate moments. 

Thank you, BoilingOil, doren, and zephyrzodiac!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 05:33:08 PM »
You're welcome, dufus36 ;)

anything