Author Topic: ACR v. ACR 2  (Read 8413 times)

Offline Camping Stove

• Highchair Hipster
    • dreamwidth
ACR v. ACR 2
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »
Sorry if this is redundant and obvious, but I can't find a list or discussion of the differences between ACR 1 & 2. 

I've been using ACR for awhile and love it...don't know if I should try ACR 2, or simply be happy with what I've got....?

Thanks for any help or guidance!

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
Re: ACR v. ACR 2
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:26:05 PM »
ACR 2 is still in beta testing.
If you like what you got i would stay with it for now.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »
It may be still in beta but it is stable. It is also even better then ACR 1.  This whole beta section concerns ACR 2 but you won't find much of a discussion about the differences between 1 & 2 because most of us read the changes listed in the first posts of the beta threads (for beta 5a & 5b) & the Quick Notes.

---------------

From the Quick Notes for 2:

ACR Version 2.0

The mod now requires FT and/or AL to be installed.  It may work with only M&G since that is based on AL but this is untested.

This is not meant to be complete documentation for the new version. It is only meant to provide an overview of the major changes from 1.x to 2.0 to aid in beta testing.

You DO NOT need to uninstall version 1.x prior to installing version 2.0, however once 2.0 is installed and you run the game for the first time make sure to unpause the game until the ‘installation successful’ dialog appears before looking to see what new options appear on the adjuster. :-p

·   The Maxis cheating fix plug-in can still be used and does not need to be updated to work with the new ACR version.
·   New things about the adjuster options:
o   If the setting is an ON/OFF switch of some sort, it will always show what is currently set, not what you would be switching to.
o   Most options that are variable or a list will show which option is set (by graying it out) or for values will show the current value in the pie menu itself.
o   Options that can be overridden by a lot or global setting will show in the lower (i.e. sim) level pie menu whether an override is currently set or not and if so what it is set to. Look at sim settings…jealousy for example.
·   No new woohoo locations at this time, but basically all of the stand-alone (i.e. don’t require a table or other object) flirts, kisses, and hugs are now included.
·   Divided interactions into three new groups. These are mainly internal, you won’t see a difference in the pie menu options, but the new cheating control options (sim settings…cheating…) use them.
o   Low Flirts, Kisses, Hugs: Wolf Whistle, Charm, Caress, Sweet Talk, Hold Hands, Romantic Hug, Peck, Tender Kiss, Kiss Hand, First Kiss*
o   High Flirts, Kisses, Hugs: Hit On, Suggestion, Goose, Serenade, Squeeze, Leap Into Arms, Kiss Up Arm, Romantic Kiss, Pin Kiss, Suck Face (AL Only), Dance Kiss (AL Only)
o   Make Out (mostly a high kiss by the mod with a couple exceptions)
o   Woohoo
·   Added First Kiss. Considered a Low Kiss and required for all other low kisses and all higher interactions. In other words, no first kiss, no make out, woohoo, or high flirts, kisses, or hugs. – Note: the global cinematic setting will not affect the first kiss cinematic.
·   The adjuster options have been completely redone. Gender Preference is the only exception. I haven’t decided if/how to integrate it into the new scheme.
·   Many, mass, lots, oodles, of new settings, options, switches, etc. to play with. Most are self explanatory. Things to keep in mind:
o   Hood-wide settings mean just that. They affect the entire hood.
o   Almost all lot settings are gone. They have either been moved to global or sim level settings.
o   A global override will always trump any other setting. For example you can set jealousy at the sim, lot, or hood level. Hood trumps lot which trumps sim.
o   A global default (i.e. risky woohoo odds) will be overridden by a setting at the sim level.
o   Some may not be implemented yet but feel free to turn them on anyway if it makes you feel better. There may be others that aren’t on this list.
§   Autonomous engagement
§   Autonomous break-up
§   Lot type Church (brothel’s not totally implemented either, but is mostly there so it will actually do something.)
§   Disable unmarried ACR woohoo in hood (I think…)
§   Sim settings…cheating… options are not dynamic at this time even though the menu will say they are. If you manually set them, you will need to change the setting to static or else they will change back though. The setting will default to all interactions allowed.
o   New adjuster option Copy My Token. Allows to set up one sim’s token with the desired settings and switches and then copy those settings to another sim on the lot, all sims on the lot, or the entire hood (all those with tokens). This option will not copy timer settings or The One Sim.
·   Birth Control & Cannot Get Pregnant
o   So why both? Aren’t they the same? Um, no they’re not. Originally I wanted only one option for simplicity but it wouldn’t work. So here’s the difference:
o   Birth Control: Sim cannot get other sims pregnant or get pregnant themselves from other than risky woohoo.
o   Cannot Get Pregnant: Means just that. The sim cannot get pregnant, period. Perfect contraception (as far as ACR is concerned anyway) for them only. They can still get other sims pregnant, however.
·   Ideal # Kids: New sim setting that is used in the Try to Try for Baby calculations.  The mod will never set this value, only the player can set it. If you turn the TFB dialogs on (global switches) you’ll see it’s added to the mix. Allows you to influence the total number of kids the sim would/should be happy with. A weighted average of Mom & potential dad’s settings (if they have one) is calculated (4:1 or 4 times mom + dad / 5) and mom’s live kid’s only are counted (minus aliens, same as existing kid penalty) to determine the bonus or penalty which is +/-20 per kid over or under the ideal.
·   The Friend Zone:
o   Placing a sim in the friend zone removes them as a valid target for ACR interactions. The option will appear under the Casual… menu when clicking on a sim. If a sim is in the friend zone, even user directed ACR interactions are disabled.
o   Remove a sim from the friend zone if you change your mind. The sims will never know the difference.
o   You cannot place blood relatives (since they aren’t valid targets anyway) or sims that are going steady, engaged, or married into the friend zone.
o   If you have the Maxis cheating fix plug-in installed then it will also affect Maxis romantic interactions, but only autonomous ones.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:07:54 AM by Sleepycat »
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Camping Stove

• Highchair Hipster
    • dreamwidth
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 05:40:57 PM »
Fan freaking Tastic.
Thanks for the complete and irresistible answer!
I can't wait to try the new version. 

I love the idea of autonomous engagement and break up...I hope you haven't been forced to give up on them!

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 06:15:44 PM »
I just updated my ACR with the new version (have the EP's now for it) and it's truly great-all the 'extra features' are really fantastic. The autonomy is more precise and I don't even have to tell them to make that special "call"..they're usually one step ahead of me! :lol:
I also like the "auto-update" feature of ACR. Instead of wondering if it's done, it tells you that it's updated. Nice feature!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:07:06 AM by MaryH »

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:07:32 AM »
I love the idea of autonomous engagement and break up...I hope you haven't been forced to give up on them!

Unfortunately,  autonomous engagement and break up didn't work quite right and twojeffs had to remove them.

TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Camping Stove

• Highchair Hipster
    • dreamwidth
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
Well, even without those features it still sounds great.
Thanks for your help!!

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:27:47 PM »

You're welcome.  :smile: