Author Topic: 'Sim cannot get pregnant' option  (Read 2115 times)

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
'Sim cannot get pregnant' option
« on: September 10, 2010, 12:08:36 PM »
What is this for, and how does it differ from birth control? (I'm guessing it is infallible whereas BC carries a small risky chance?) If I don't have a same-sex pregnancy mod in place, does it have any effect on males?
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: 'Sim cannot get pregnant' option
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »
I'm guessing that birth control is supposed to work both for males and females. A male with birth control can not make others pregnant, a female with birth control can not become pregnant... (although, birth control is never 100% safe, so maybe accidents can still happen, I'm not sure). The 'can not get pregnant' setting always makes sure that this one sim will NOT get pregnant from any ACR actions, although other forms of WooHoo may still knock her up.

In a game with pregnancy-for-all, things would be more complicated, though... I think that TJ took into account that people might want to use both, and therefor kept all options in for both genders... (it's also simpler to make, that way ;))

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 12:35:23 PM »
Oh yes, of course birth control also covers impregnating others (or not!) whereas presumably the "cannot get pregnant" option doesn't. I forgot that part!
Stories, gameplay discussion (ramblings really...) and posts about my creations and ideas for creations. http://simsfreq.livejournal.com/

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »
Yeah, we all forget something, sometimes... No worries, it's already forgotten ;)

I often use the 'can not get pregnant' setting in my lesbian couples: one of them can not get pregnant, the other can... ACR takes this into account when they woohoo on the sofa, too: the one who can not get pregnant performs the 'male' part (is on top) during the actual woohoo/tfb.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline simsfreq

• Talkative Toddler
    • My Sims 2 Livejournal
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
Ah, that makes sense.

I feel stupid now - I just checked the "quick notes" file for another reason and the difference is stated in there.

anything