Author Topic: "The One Sim" question...  (Read 15787 times)

Offline AStephens

• Highchair Hipster
"The One Sim" question...
« on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:46 PM »
I was playing the Bright household...I'd sent everyone to the library in an attempt to quickly get their term papers (and any other applicable skills) taken care of... while there, Jane Stacks met one of the professors and quickly develioped three bolts with him! However, when I checked ACR, it seemed Martin Ruben (with whom she has two bolts) was her "one Sim," not the professor... and I can't even seem to bring him up in the list to change it! Any idea what I can do?

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Re: "The One Sim" question...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:42:03 PM »
Could be an age thing. Is the professor an elder?
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline AStephens

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:59:12 PM »
no, he appears to be an adult (he had black hair)...  :confused:

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »
You might need to give the professor a ACR token.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:08:20 PM by waynefox3 »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 10:21:21 PM »
It would also depend, wouldn't it, on what other settings you have in place?  I have any number of sims who have only two bolts with their *One* (often Romance sims, too, and frequently from early teen onwards) and almost completely ignore the 3-bolters they happen to meet, not even a wish to get better acquainted....  I think for many sims, the *One* equals the *First* while for others, it seems to change with the weather...
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 01:21:27 AM »
It would also depend, wouldn't it, on what other settings you have in place?  I have any number of sims who have only two bolts with their *One* (often Romance sims, too, and frequently from early teen onwards) and almost completely ignore the 3-bolters they happen to meet, not even a wish to get better acquainted....  I think for many sims, the *One* equals the *First* while for others, it seems to change with the weather...

Same here - and I also found some individuals who suddenly develop an obsession with one sim (and they become "stuck" as the One), although they have stronger chemistry and relationship with another. However, the way I understood it, the professor was not in the list of neighbours to pick as the One manually. I don't know if professors get a token by default (and so - as Waynefox suggested - you need to give them one).

Offline AStephens

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 06:07:08 AM »
well, I did... and it seemed to work! :) Kinda reminds me of the time I was trying to set up another Sim with someone I'd found on vacation, and I noticed two of the locals getting it on, so to speak, and when I checked their chemistry, it was three bolts as well! :) So you never know where those three-bolters are going to show up!

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 02:31:26 PM »
IIRC, professors don't get ACR tokens.  You have to wait til they're on the lot and give them manually with the adjuster.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 03:30:19 PM »
TJ doesn't like professors a whole lot, I think....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline AStephens

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 08:05:42 PM »
... just to let you know, Ja(c)e and Ja(n)e (Stacks) Gregory were married, and are now having a nice little honeymoon at Takemizu (sp?) Village... the upcoming Martin and Allegra (Gorey) Martin are next! :smile:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 08:21:58 PM »
... just to let you know, Ja(c)e and Ja(n)e (Stacks) Gregory were married, and are now having a nice little honeymoon at Takemizu (sp?) Village... the upcoming Martin and Allegra (Gorey) Martin are next! :smile:

Martin Martin ?? You're not serious!! :lol: I had an old geezer named Nelson Nelson once...

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 03:15:03 AM »
TJ doesn't like professors a whole lot, I think....

Because they are annoying pests..?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 03:35:41 AM »
I imagine so.... :hmm:

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 10:55:36 AM »
Only the doorbell ringing drama prof is really annoying, and if you play with the sound off, you can just ignore him too!

Of course, there's always the Sleeping Through College Challenge!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 01:00:16 PM »
The SS prof rings doorbells too.  But I use TJ's No Meeting Professors these days, and ban them with the VC too....

Offline AStephens

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 01:39:40 PM »

Martin Martin ?? You're not serious!! :lol: I had an old geezer named Nelson Nelson once...

OK, I guess I was a little tired when I wrote that... :lol: I meant Martin and Allegra (Gorey) *Ruben*... :rofl:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 03:34:06 PM »
I always think that is just such a weird combination - Martin is so idle, he would be so irritated by Allegra constantly buzzing around doing stuff!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 06:56:28 PM »
I thought that Martin and Jane were set up to be an item. But don't let that fool you into thinking I'd play them like that... These girls deserve anything but Martin Ruben. Even each other, if need be... :rolleyes:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 07:13:25 PM »
I agree, I always thought that Martin was destined for Jane, whereas Allegra always seems dead-set on Castor (a  far better choice, imho..)

Offline AStephens

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 07:13:51 PM »
like I say, if it hadn't been for the fact that Prof. Jace gave three bolts, I probably would've paired Martin with Jane... but I'd be crazy to pass up an opportunity like that  :smile:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
I think you'll find that drama professors are so weirdly set up by Maxis that they'd get three bolts for the garden gnome!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 07:28:01 PM »
If only that gnome would come alive to appreciate it...

AStephens: I've done the three-bolter thing until I got to the point where their clingy-ness started to annoy me. Now I limit the lasting relationships to two-bolters mostly. Three-bolters are great for flings and affairs, though ;)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 07:32:34 PM »
No, professors don't get tokens by default. They are coded to be creepy lecherous stalkers. *shudder* They are effectively banned from ever interacting with my sims.

I forgot about the obvious 'Is it plugged in?' question. :P
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 03:22:22 AM »
The problem with "three-bolters" is that the people who have them are usually all over one another all the time, unceasingly-even with the autonomy turned to low, off or non-existent. I think it's like a bad drug-they just can't get enough of one another, and so I try to limit those relationships to very rare.  In fact, in one of my games, I couldn't get Mortimer to stop lusting eternally over a sim I'd made and so he had to die. His widow kind of shrugged and got on with life. No more three bolters, though for her! He was the only one.
Poor Mortimer...the victim of his own desires. :lol:

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 04:01:05 AM »
With students now being allowed to visit community lots I was surprised when I discovered the other day how much Don Lothario likes Heather Huffington. Heather is sort of "promised" to Ashley Pitts, but Don has a lifetime want to fulfil and so she became "no. 17".  Poor Don. I think he slowly begins to consider long term commitment but I keep giving the women he likes to other men.

I don't mind three bolters and rather have a couple being happy together than having them constantly lusting after someone else. In Desiderata Valley my sims often have such a long list of sims they have three bolts with that I would have a hard time keeping them all apart. I don't think I would let any of my sims getting involved with a professor though, because I have more or less the same opinion about them as TwoJeffs. They are supposed to teach those young adults not pester them in their houses. I had a history professor who was constantly after Angela Pleasant. They always pretended they were "not in" when he visited but he stayed on for ages, hanging out in front of the house.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 04:27:01 AM »
I found bliss with Cyjon's NoVisitingProfessors: they'll show up everywhere except on campus residencies. Even with my first college game (with the much mentioned CAS student Shanythra) professors bothered me to no end. Shanythra though, was Scorpio enough to love a good thrashing, so she usually offered them a close-up view of the pavement, with her boots both as incentive and alternative! ;)

One visit was usually enough to make them stay away as long as she was awake, but after a good night's rest she would usually find the trashcan violated. Nowadays I would know how to deal with trash-fetishists, but back then I had no clue yet... ;)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 04:35:25 AM »
The annoying thing about the majority of romance three-bolters is, if you look at their personalities, turn-ons, etc., there is just no obvious reason for it.  It seems to me that the folks at EA played just one more of their little tricks....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 04:45:55 AM »
Romance three-bolters are mostly based on the attraction of the Romance aspiration alone, ZZ. I've seen lots of them that without the mutual romance attraction would NEVER have given each other the time of day. Doesn't matter, too... For romance sims, usually it's just quantity before quality. It's all about scoring the numbers... 20, 30, 50. And since they don't need to live together, there's little chance of them getting clingy because of the three bolts... In my game, at least ;)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 05:32:41 AM »
Oh, I agree, if it's romance/romance - but I get it frequently with romance/popularity as well.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 07:36:50 AM »
I feel a bit embarrassed about it but I am anal enough to do precise attraction calculations, extract the "real" attraction, compare results, look at charts etc.

Without the romance benefit (or any other like holiday benefit) the maximum attraction score is around 165. Everything higher than 90 shows as three bolts. With romance/popularity you would have to subtract 35 (as they are neutral). It still leaves you with 130 points. Take away two turn-ons (-30) you still have a score of a 100. Or the turn-ons match but their zodiac signs are neutral (still can lead to three bolts).

Strangely enough (I am constantly comparing these two neighbourhoods at the moment) I seem to have overall much higher attraction scores in Desiderata Valley than in Pleasantview, which might be due to the variation of zodiac signs. In Desiderata Valley I have a number of Tauruses and Aries. And Gemini and Pisces (plus a few Scorpios). In Pleasantview I have Sagittarius, Cancer - all signs which don't have a super strong attraction to another zodiac sign. Pisces too, but not many Geminis or Scorpios to match them.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »
That would explain a lot, Doren! Could you tell us how that works out for Romance/Pleasure couples as well? Because my guess is that they might do even better than Romance/Popularity.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 08:46:06 AM »
I think probably about the same, though you may be right and they are slightly higher.  The problem for your Romance Sims, though, is that whereas Popularity sims in general are no more interested in tying the knot than they are, Pleasure sims always want to get married.... (probably for the party!)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »
That would explain a lot, Doren! Could you tell us how that works out for Romance/Pleasure couples as well? Because my guess is that they might do even better than Romance/Popularity.

Pleasure/Romance match like Romance/Romance, which means that there is a benefit of 35 points. I keep the chart with the symbols I found here for quick reference and it corresponds with the results Cyjon posted at his (? her?) site. The original/official chemistry chart is not correct. Family/Knowledge are also perfectly matching aspirations for example. Fortune sims on the other hand have a negative score with Pleasure.

The aspiration can potentially make the biggest difference. If two sims are family/romance, they get a negative score of -35. If you change the aspiration for one of them to the "perfect" match, you get a bonus of +35, therefore the total would be adding/subtracting 70 points from the score. I had this with a teenage couple recently. They already had three bolts before and the score became massive when I changed her aspiration (she is pregnant again - my fault, I guess).

Unfortunately I tried something different and had her use a perfume from Parsimonious before I changed the girl's aspiration with the Blender. Now she has the weird visual effect which looks like a headgear of green dots around her head and it did not disappear after a few hours like the ordinary perfume effect. I inquired about it at Parsimonious how long the effect would last and if there was a way to get rid of it but have not received a reply. So much for asking the original creators. I think many of them don't check their mail very often.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 12:16:33 PM »
Ah, thanks for clarifying that, Doren. So that's quite a number of sims that a Romance type can choose from.

(btw: I know that Cyjon is a guy... he also has some stuff there about his *special* niece.)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 02:18:10 PM »
So, doren, if I get a Family/Romance combination with 3 bolts, they would have a score that goes through the roof if I changed one of them to match.... or simply gave them each other's aspiration as secondaries?

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 02:29:57 PM »
The teenage couple I changed had an attraction score of 126 or so, this was with the romance attraction benefit (which adds 40 points). Without it there would have been just below 3 bolts. I changed the girl to knowledge and gave her romance as a secondary aspiration, so afterwards - and with the attraction benefit - they had a score of nearly 200.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 02:50:15 PM »
In such cases one could be fat while the other was turned off by fatness, while the other could be smelly while the other was turned off by stink, and it wouldn't matter one iota! :giggle:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 05:16:22 PM »
Esatto! Now do I hear anyone say "Borked"???

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
Borked!  Borked!  Borked!

A pic for the EAxoids...

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:23:52 PM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 05:52:17 PM »
:rofl: ROFL :rofl:

That kitteh-picture is a good one, ZZ! :thumb:

Anyway, I agree ;)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 06:09:52 PM »
The pic made me laugh, too.... :giggle:

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 04:30:11 AM »
Esatto! Now do I hear anyone say "Borked"???

I like the picture, but it is not borked in the least. For EA it is a surprisingly well balanced system. Why should a turn-off (given what irrelevant and stupid details some of them describe - perfume?) make a difference to a couple which matches in personality and everything else?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 04:38:08 AM »
Well, if you can't stand fat people, or you think they are amazingly funny, you could very easily turn your partner off by puking or laughing.... and vice versa, gagging because your partner stinks is more likely to result in a fist fight than a woohoo... I would have thought, anyway.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 05:29:47 AM »
The turn-offs have a weight of -22,5, so they do have an effect. A score like above requires that more or less everything matches, so a turn-off would be like the one fault in an otherwise perfect partner. It puts you off a little, but it is balanced out by all the good points.

Of course it depends very much on the attributes, as showed in the examples we used. If the perfect other fell into a dung pit it would most likely have a serious impact on the momentary attraction. I could accept a bit of flab around the waist, but if we are talking about 200 kilos I doubt that they could be balanced out by good character traits (yes, I am shallow like that).
The wrong perfume could put someone off too, but would most likely have much less effect. Choosing the skill-related attributes as a turn-off never made any sense to me, but they would be faults that could be easily ignored.

ETA: I actually had an example of this last night. I finally gave Cassandra a make-over and since I landed on my desktop everytime I clicked on the last page of the glasses (I have to investigate this today) she opted for contact lenses in the end. Her husband has glasses as a turn-on and it made me think how stupid it is that he should be less attracted to Cassandra when she lying naked in bed with him. Yeah, right...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:33:18 AM by doren »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 05:35:02 AM »
Well, I suppose if you are very inclined to get fat whenever you eat a meal, then your partner being a top-notch cook could be a bit of a problem....

200 kilos would mean instant suffocation, not woohoo....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2010, 05:52:51 AM »
I have more than 'a bit of flab' around the waist, but I'm stil under 100 kilos... And even though I *know* it's not right - after all, they could be fantastic people, and I have no knowledge of what caused them to be so big - but I wouldn't be able to look at a person of about 200 kilos without a (internal) gag-reflex... So they would most definitely *not* turn me on! In fact, I could not imagine choosing to be with such a person, regardless of any desirable traits they might have. OTOH, I like slim. But if a person is 'vel-over-been' (a dutch phrase, translating as 'skin-on-bone', meaning there is hardly any meat on them), that's too skinny for me, too. If that's shallow, then I'm guilty of that too, but at least it clarifies how I think the whole TS2 T-O system is a bit of  a quick fix.

Of course, it's very hard to make such a thing work realistically, whichever way one looks at it... Not all people lay the same level of priority on such traits. What may be a deal-breaker for me, could be just a minor flaw to someone else.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 06:01:10 AM »
...If that's shallow, then I'm guilty of that too, but at least it clarifies how I think the whole TS2 T-O system is a bit of  a quick fix...

A quick fix that dearly needs an (un-giveable) overhaul, at least in my opinion.

If I ran the world I would do away with all the "temporary state" crap except for fat/fit as it's fairly reasonable for the reasons you already mentioned. The coolest thing about BV for me was the addition of things like Cooking/etc to the TO list! Finally: stuff that makes some actual sense instead of "I only love you when you stink" or "I hate you in your formal wear". (I also think one should be allowed 2 turn ons AND offs, instead of only 1 off, but that's another rant!)

Actually, if I ran the world I would have two separate "attraction" systems, one for the initial impression & one for the long-haul. So the "temporary" stuff could still exist, but now as part of the "first impressions" system, leaving the other stuff to come into play only for Sims who know each other longer. Heck, you could even tie in the "first impression" to the AL Reputation thingy...but, like I said this is if-I-ran-the-world stuff, not what's actually possible!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:19:18 AM by Zirconia Wolf »
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 06:49:02 AM »
Good points, ZW! Actually - if I may be so bold - I would say: why in the name of anything holy should T-Os be limited to any number? I like women in general, but long-haired ones have preference, yet  a short-haired one with the right color of eyes could also push my buttons. And although I'm not racist and black women can look stunning, they just don't turn me on! But present me with any oriental girl, and nothing else really matters. And still the way a lady dresses can change a lot about how I feel about her. Also although - regardless of myth - size matters, I don't need 'air-bags' the size of bean bags. In fact, I would not know how to handle anything more than two or three hand-fulls on either side... (:lol:?)

And what does it all mean? It's all just theory! Some gals turn me on, others don't and sometimes for any other person, the difference is marginal at best. And then we haven't even discussed personality yet, which is - after all - the most important part, even though not directly visible obvious at first sight!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:52:06 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 07:17:13 AM »
And then we haven't even discussed personality yet, which is - after all - the most important part, even though not directly visible obvious at first sight!

Well, it was the point I was trying to make and why I think that the attraction system is quite balanced. The personality is expressed by the zodiac (with its range of personality points), the personality points as such and the aspiration and they all count with regard to attraction.

The turn-ons/turn-offs - if you pick them accordingly - can have a massive impact, because each turn-on adds 15 points and each turn-off -22,5, so that could take away a possible 105 points if combined. Sometimes what is not sensible can still be practical though and since they can be quite easily changed they give the player the chance to match two sims better or keep them apart, if that is desired.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 07:24:20 AM »
...Also although - regardless of myth - size matters, I don't need 'air-bags' the size of bean bags. In fact, I would not know how to handle anything more than two or three hand-fulls on either side...

As a former male coworker once said "Much more than a handful is a waste!".

A female coworker would always reply "More than a mouthful is a waste!"

As to the number of TOs, allowed I have to agree. I realize that Maxis needed some kind of limit to keep things sane from a coding stand point, but I still think they could have upped the total a bit instead of leaving us with 2-ons & 1 measly off.

How about 4 or 5 of each? That would come in especially handy when trying to ensure that certain Sims do NOT get the hots for each other! (I had a devil of a time making sure Dustin only had eyes for Angela & not Lilith until the addition of the Jewelry &  various Supernatural traits. Now the jewelry clad, makeup wearing witch Lilith is finally completely off Dustin's radar! Yay!)

***crossed posts with doren***

While I agree that over all the attraction system is pretty good (from a EAxian standard) I still wish there were some things added (like eye color) and some things removed (like perfume) for my own sense of well-being!
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

anything