Author Topic: Upgrading ACR?  (Read 2309 times)

DrakeRlugia

Upgrading ACR?
« on: July 30, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
I had a question about ACR and I wasn't sure where to put it...

currently I have TS2 + all expansions up to seasons, plus some of the stuff packs. I'm deciding to add some other expansions possibly, but I'm not sure what to do about ACR. Should I uninstall it from the neighborhood, then delete the files, update the game, then install ACR again?

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
Re: Upgrading ACR?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 04:11:27 AM »
I think it is a matter of personal choice. When I install(ed) new expansions I only removed the hacks where I knew that they were not compatible or where it was likely. Some people remove all their downloads before installing a new EP.

If you plan to install Freetime, AL or Mansions&Gardens and want to use a new version of ACR I suggest that you delete the respective files from your downloads folder and put the new ones back in. If you intend to keep the ACR version you currently have then you don't have to do anything with the files and can simply keep them.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Re: Upgrading ACR?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 10:29:42 AM »
You don't need to do the uninstall from the hood bit. It is good practice to remove all downloads when installing a new EP though.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.