Author Topic: ZW's Wolf Den  (Read 18940 times)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
ZW's Wolf Den
« on: July 12, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »
Yes, that's right: I am finally making a lil home here for my various TS2 crap stuff.

For now the next 4 posts will be mostly placeholders, but will be updated as I get things completed for public offering.

UPDATE October 26th, 2010: Just some pregnancy mods in Post 2

UPDATE October 9th, 2010: Uploaded object.package files in Post 4.

UPDATE June 10th, 2011: Added my version of Merola's Time Clock in Post 2

UPDATE June 18th, 2011: Added a little section for some of Paladin's (SimWardrobe) stuff in Post#4 as his site looks like it might be down for the count. A link to Pleun's site is also included there.

UPDATE July 2nd, 2011: Removed Palidin's "section" & Pleun's site link as SimWardrobe is back up and running again!

UPDATED November 19th 2013: Added links to individual object files in Post 4.

I am hoping to find the Base Only file arathea sent me, but an unexpected problem has just popped up (Mom's computer just bit the dust out of the blue) so I am needed elsewhere right now!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:41:47 AM by Zirconia Wolf »
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
Re: ZW's Wolf Den
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »
One for the money...

Henceforth, this post shall be home to:

***** MY MOD ATTEMPTS *****

(I don't expect a lot of entries here...but you never know!)

Update: June 10th, 2011 = uploaded a version of Merola's Time Clock.

#1 = ZW's TPK Stair Mod (Special thanks to BO and AH)
It's a RAR file. If you need a ZIP you can get it here...but RARs are better! They have both been run through the Compressorizer, for your convenience.

After a lot of head hitting, eye crossing, PM pleading and a surprise uprising of Computer Gnomes who seemed hell-bent on reeking havoc with my files, I finally got the blasted thing working! Yes, really! It works now, I swear it! Thanks tons and tons to BO! You are a life modsaver!!!

What Does It Do? : There are 3 files, one for each type of staircase (Modular, Straight and Spiral) and they will allow your puppies, kittens and toddlers who have learned how to walk to climb up and down stairs like everyone else. They are only really of use to folks with Pets (or an equivalent "multi-pack") and of course you will need Apartment Life for the Spiral stairs. (That's why all 3 stair-styles are separate: so you can pick-n-choose!)

Description & Explanation: As we all know, Maxis code dictates that stairs are for everyone's use...unless you happen to be a puppy, kitten or toddler that is! In response to this horrible oversight, a modder named Rebecah (Beck) at MTS created 2 sets of mods, one (pre-Pets) that let walking toddlers use stairs and one (after Pets) that also let puppies and kittens use stairs. This was all well and good...except that she deliberately left out the "walk check" in her Pets+ version, meaning that while puppies and kittens could freely climb stairs, so could any toddler, regardless of whether or not they had learned how to walk or not! Sorry, but watching my rugrats crawl over to a staircase only to suddenly pop up and go sprinting up them was too much for this wolf! So after a lot of tries, I have finally managed to re-instate the "walk check" feature of Beck's original mod. The result is exactly what I wanted: toddlers can now use stairs once they learn to walk while puppies and kittens will scamper up and down at will. Yay!

For those worried about the animations: The puppies and kittens scamper just like they should (on all four legs, not 2 like some folks feared) as the animations were already in the game. As for the toddlers, they will sprint (read: run!) up the Straight and Modular stairs (they walk much slower on the Spirals) but again, that's just the way the game works. (It's actually pretty funny watching them zoom up and down...but then again, I'm not a parent in RL so it doesn't freak me out like it might others!)

Anyway, I hope some of you out there enjoy it as much as I do...and remember to say "Thanks" to BO (and AH, if he ever comes back around here) as without them there is no way I could have figured this stuff out!

#2 = ZW's Verion of Merola's Time Control Clock

With a lot of help from dear BoilingOil, here is a version of Merola's Time Control Clock that A) can be placed on floors/etc & B) works with BO's new "spawning" mod, which can be found right here at the LeeFish site. Enjoy!

A small "Read Me" file is included (in Word 2007- I think) but for those who don't know what the thing does, here's a short explanation: The clock will let you alter how fast/slow the game clock ticks by, letting you select the speed that "feels right" for your personal play style. For instance, setting the clock to 50% slower makes it so that carpools only wait 30 minutes & Sims take less time to eat/shower/etc...but this is only because the game clock is ticking by slower, meaning that Sim motives/relationships/etc will appear to be decaying faster (which they really aren't) so if you like slower speeds you will really want to get yourself some of the various mods available that slow/control motive & other decay speeds. Make sense? If not, then to be frank, this may not be the mod for you.

I am making the assumption that 90% of folks out there already use and/or at least know where to find such "motive altering" mods already, but if you need some links feel free to ask (nicely!) and one of us Simbology types will help you out. (Nasty, rude or txtspk request will be ignored & the poster will be pelted with smelly caribou carcasses which I have unlimited access to, seeing as how I'm a Wolf! Consider yourself warned!)

########## Section 2 : Pregnancy Adjustments ##########

(All files are RAR. If you require a ZIP, just ask me!)

Important: Folks using Chris Hatch's global Time Control mod (a link to which can be found in Sleepy's Post #46) will want to make sure it loads before any pregnancy duration mods listed below, as Chris's mod contains code to make pregnancies last 3 days, as originally intended by Maxis.

Sim Pregnancies/5 Day Seasons
(Originally requested by SC.)
Sim pregnancies will last 15 days instead of 3 at 5 days a trimester, meaning they will now match the default Maxis "5 days a season" (4 seasons a year) time frame.

Sim Pregnancies/5 Day Seasons 50% Speed
Same as above but coded for folks (like me) who use a global mod to slow the game clock down to 50% speed.

Sim Pregnancies/5 Day Seasons v 2
Pregnancies still last 15 days, but 1st trimester is only 3 days in case you don't want 5 days of potential morning sickness! (2nd trimester will now be 7 days.)

Sim Pregnancies/5 Day Seasons 50% Speed v 2
Same as above but coded for folks (like me) who use a global mod to slow the game clock down to 50% speed.

Pet Pregnancies/5 Day Seasons (Pets required!!)
Makes cat & dog pregnancies last 5 days to match the default Maxis "5 days a season" time frame. (Approximates the real-life span of 3 months.)

Pet Pregnancies/5 Day Seasons 50% Speed (Pets required!!)
Same as above but for folks (like me) who use a global mod to slow the game clock down to 50% speed.

WARNING: InTeen users need to remember that InTeen will still happily let your teen/adult Sims get knocked up with just 3 days remaining in their lifespans, despite the fact that your pregnancies will last longer than 3 days with one of the above mods. While teen pregnancies aren't such an issue (because InTeen *freezes* their aging when pregnant) this is a potential disaster for your pregnant adults as Sims were NOT designed to *age transition* while still pregnant! To avoid a possible meltdown, either turn off the aging via the method of your choice (at least for the duration of an adults pregnancy) or tweak the InTeen files to compensate. (Turning off/self-controlling aging is a lot easier!) Pregnant YA's are likely best served by using InTeen to speedup their delivery date, unless you use Inge's Uni Break mod to keep them around long enough to go "full term."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:01:36 AM by Zirconia Wolf »

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »
...Two for the show...

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »
...Three to get ready...

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 04:45:34 PM »
...and Four to go!

Henceforth, this post shall be home to:

***** MISC STUFF THAT DOESN'T FIT ELSEWHERE *****

Here are links to RAR files of patched object.package files for the various TS2 EPs/SPs for replacing ones that have become corrupted. (Corruption can be prevented from ever happening by making core files Read Only after patching & before playing. Miros1 has a great tutorial on the subject on her site.)

If you don't know if you need these files, then you don't need them! Those who need them know they need them & it is not the purpose of this post to tell you why/if you do so. If you are experiencing a game play problem & wonder if file corruption might be the cause, take a peek at the General Sims 2 Help & Support section & see if your problem has already been addressed. If not, feel free to post a (non text speak) post & ask so someone can help you out. (90% of the problems with the game are because of bad or incompatible Custom Content - not corrupted core files - so it pays to do your homework first!)

The object.package file goes in the TSData > Res > Objects folder of the given EP/SP you are replacing the file for.

Important: Please note that my Base Game is the Holiday version, not the "regular" one! If someone has a (non-corrupt & patched!) regular Base Game object.package file they are willing to send me, I would love to offer it here too! My email is accessible via the envelope icon under my avatar.

EP Set 1 (94.7 MB)
Files for: Holiday Base Game, University, Nightlife, Open For Business & Pets

EP Set 2 (66.9 MB)
Files for: Seasons & Bon Voyage

EP Set 3 (83.3 MB)
Files for: Free Time & Apartment Life

Stuff Pack Set 1 (91.5 MB)
Files for: Family Fun, Glamour Life, Celebrations & HM Fashions

Stuff Pack Set 2 (66.8 MB)
Files for: Teen Style, Kitchen-n-Bath & Ikea

Stuff Pack Set 3 (43.3 MB)
File for: Mansion & Gardens

I broke stuff up to keep the file sizes under 100 MB, but if you need smaller files (or ZIP format) let me know. I just didn't feel like zipping each object.package up by itself at the time I was bundling stuff this morning!

Oh, and just in case any 12's are lurking: No, installing the objects file from an EP/SP you don't have will not enable you to have said objects in your game! However it will likely make you a very unhappy person when your game goes *boom*! (See, you will still be lacking the 3-D files, catalog entries & other stuff needed to make objects appear.) The only way to get the stuff from an EP/SP you don't have is to go out & buy it, period!

***** EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUAL FILE LINKS *****

Because 4Shared can be a putz at times & the above file packs are a bit large (especially if you only need one object file) I have uploaded each object file individually on my Solidfiles account & linked to them below. (No stand-alone Base Game file yet, but let me look!)

~ Sims 2 EP Files ~

1- Base Game + Happy Holiday = Here
2- University = Here
3- Nightlife = Here
4- Open for Business = Here
5- Pets = Here
6- Seasons = Here
7- Bon Voyage = Here
8- Free Time = Here
9- Apartment Life = Here

~ Sims 2 Stuff Pack Files ~

1- Family Fun Stuff = Here
2- Glamour Life Stuff = Here
3- Celebration Stuff = Here
4- H&M Fashion Stuff = Here
5- Teen Style Stuff = Here
6- Kitchen & Bath Stuff = Here
7- IKEA Stuff = Here
8- Mansion & Gardens Stuff = Here

Let me know if you have any problems!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:36:19 PM by Zirconia Wolf »

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Can't wait!
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »
:yay: Great idea, ZW! :thumb: Collect your skins here, your lots (if you have any), terrains, and of course, your stair mods and anything else you wish to share. ;)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Liquid Vamp

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Real vampires DO NOT sparkle!
    • LV's Interior Simagery
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 05:18:50 PM »
Woo! :cheese:
I'm the type of person that can watch hundreds of horror movies and not get scared but would scream at the top of my lungs when toast pops out of the toaster.
White Rabbit
Spiritless Blood

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 06:39:33 PM »
< blush >

Thanks for the excitement/encouragement!

First up is that blasted stair mod!

Yes really- it works now- I swear it!

(It's in the second post...)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 06:48:58 PM »
I just *had* to have a copy of the stairs mod, even though I have my own version, and don't actually intend to use either of them ;)

Thanks for sharing, ZW! :thumb:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 07:06:08 PM »
Thank you ZW, BO, and AH!

Click On Those, Please?

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 08:12:45 PM »
Thanks to you too DA! Without your PM the *glitch* could have gone unnoticed until I re-set my Downloads...and that could have been far in the future.

Also thanks for the download, BO! I've heard of "pity dates" and "pity sex" but this is the first "pity download" I have ever come across...

< notices this thread has a shinny new pin in it >

Ohmygoodness!

I've officially been *pinned*! I feel so...so...so real!

(Normally I just feel surreal, so this is quite a change of pace!)

Now I just need to polish up the other stuff I have been playing with.

(Which will be mostly terrain replacements & such- at least in the near future- as that I'm getting pretty good at!)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:01:59 PM by Zirconia Wolf »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »
Talking of terrain replacements, would it be possible to do one with water for roads (ie canals) that wouldn't revert when on a lot?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »
Just curious what part is *reverting*?

The road right in front of the lot or the entire neighborhood view itself (as seen from inside a given lot?)

If it's just the stupid road in front of the lot (which is only seen from inside the lot itself & seems to be a Maxis *feature*) it would be a simple matter of a *matching* floor covering, like the ones made to match the *country* and *desert* roads at MTS.

If that would work, give me an idea (or link) to the water texture you have in mind & I'll see what I come up with.

(I actually have a possible idea of a possible way to possibly circumvent the whole "floor covering" thing completely...possibly, anyway! It's still in the early development stages right now....)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 09:54:06 PM »
 :prancing: *downloads the stair mod*

Thank you!

And  :yay: for your own den!
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 01:49:37 AM »

< notices this thread has a shinny new pin in it >

Ohmygoodness!

I've officially been *pinned*! I feel so...so...so real!

:cheese:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 03:15:28 AM »
(I actually have a possible idea of a possible way to possibly circumvent the whole "floor covering" thing completely...possibly, anyway! It's still in the early development stages right now....)

Lemme guess, replacing the blacktop tiles too?  Sounds like it should work; might have to enter each lot and immediately save to update the lot "thumbnail" tho.  Seems to me I read it somewhere.

< downloads the fixed toddler-stairs mod >

Gotta have the repolished shiny!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 03:57:08 AM »
ZW: congratz on being pinned! ;)

And now about that water way for roads... I hope we all realize that hte game will continue to send *cars* on this path? Imagine Rush Hour on the Thames! (or the Hudson) ;)

Offline kennysuewho

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 06:33:47 AM »
Well then someone would have to make default replacement vehicles that look like boats!  :cheese:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 07:00:09 AM »
Or turn the existing *boats* into default replacements..... (as has, I believe, been done for horses and carriages...)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 12:01:28 PM »
I'm so excited!!! I've been using Beck's stair mod for a while now and my toddlers can go up and down regular stairs but not spirals, and for some reason my puppies can't go up or down any type of stairs at all. I was sad but accepted it, but now I don't have to anymore!  :yay:

Thank you so so so much ZW!! 
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
Congrats on the pinning and the new place!   :thumb:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »
Also thanks for the download, BO! I've heard of "pity dates" and "pity sex" but this is the first "pity download" I have ever come across...

Not really a "pity download", actually. Albeit a minor one, I *did* play a part in the creation of this set, so I need a copy for my archive ;)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »
Just uploaded object.package files, which are of no use to 99.9% of the folks who might read this!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
And a very well crafted message you made there, too, ZW :cele1: :bow:

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 01:48:53 PM »
Just added some pregnancy mods in Post 2. I posted several links at once, so let me know if I *crossed my wires* somewhere!

Also, I have not forgotten about my promise in the area of a doohickey to stop the crazy random life bonus crap for elders. I am just trying to dope out a couple more values, but will have something up soon!

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
 :cele3:

Thank you again!!  :love:   
 :sckitty:

:prancing:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »
Thank you! This will go perfect with my custom aging system. :love: :cheese:
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 05:10:44 AM »

The discussion about Chris Hatch's global version of Merola's Time Clock has been split off.
It's now here:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=6838.0

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 06:01:59 PM »
My response to the weird time thing was to shorten my seasons, not lengthen. I use the 1 day = one month scale. May I make a small request for a 9 day pregnancy?

Offline W.G. Dobbs

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 02:45:56 PM »
Just now stumbled across this post. Thanks very much for the custom work on the stair mod. I attempted this about a year ago and finally called it quits.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 07:38:37 AM »
Sorry I haven't been around for a bit (long story) but I just wanted to say that I am not dead...just kinda "sleeping" lately!

@AlfredAskew: Your request has been noted & is being put into my lineup as I type.

@W.G. Dobbs: Thanks for the thanks! That stair mod kicked my ass for long time too! In fact, it it wasn't for the kindness (pity?) of Ancient Highway & BoilingOil, I would have given up in defeat (and cursing) sometime back.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 12:19:01 PM »

ZW!  

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 11:57:07 PM »
Thanks so much, Zirconia!
There's no rush. I haven't had playing time in nearly a month.

I now have to add my thanks to the stair mod as well. It's been added to my Play-Sanity Master List of Hacks I Must Have.

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 12:10:22 AM »
Hey there, I got brave and popped open the package myself.
Sometimes I love programmers. If every one labeled things that clearly, life would be much easier.

In short, I fixed it up the way I wanted. Thanks for the means to do so!

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2010, 04:18:37 AM »
The pregnancy mod has unexpected outcomes in my game. I edited it for a five day pregnancy and then shifted various mods to load before or after because it did not seem to work (I tried with Angela Pleasant who was almost due when I last saved).
Then, the other day I moved the Chris Hatch 'flower bouqet' hacks from loading first to loading last. Next I played the Goth household, where Ivy Copur is pregnant from Daniel Pleasant. Summoned Daniel to be present for the birth and nothing happened. Eventually I sent him back home and when I left the house it was morning and Ivy was 81 hours pregnant. So I thought that shifting those mods had somehow done the trick.
Played Angela and she gave birth after 75 hours. Afterwards I realised that another woman had given birth since I shifted them, also after 75 hours. The only difference between them and Ivy is that they both passed through the student lifestage.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 05:54:55 AM »
Oh fudgecicles.

Is this a problem with new pregnancies too or just pre-existing ones?

(PS to AA: Urg. Sorry I dropped the ball on your request, but happy to see you got what you wanted in the end!)

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 07:26:35 PM »
Don't worry about it. I learned things because of it. Self sufficiency is a blessing. :)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »
ZW, I pulled the mod. I think changing the load order (strangely not of the time control but of the other Chris Hatch mods) made your mod work as expected (and I may have gotten confused what I changed when), which then made me realise that I prefer the pregnancy to take only three days. Since Pleasantview is a large neighbourhood and I play a rough rotation my sim women are walking around pregnant for long enough.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 11:30:51 PM »
I believe this may be the problem:

If you use the hospital mod and have a hospital in the hood, the pregnancy will be suspended in order to give the mother to be a chance to get to the hospital.  If you elect to have a home birth, you need to resume pregnancy.

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 12:48:05 AM »
 :hmm: I never noticed that the hospital suspends the pregnancy. Even with hospitals I never have problems with home births. The hospital aging file makes the pregnancy of NPCs and other playables, not in the active family develope up to the second baby bump but the active sims aren't effected.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline Uniqueness

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 04:12:18 PM »
:nothing:

Offline kristie91

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you for the stair mod. I had the other one from modthesims. But I haven't played with toddlers since I got it so I didn't realize that they zoom up the stairs even if they don't know how to walk. So thanks for yours! :)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2011, 10:42:47 PM »
Just added a version of Merola's Time Control Clock that will work with BO's new object-spawning mod, which I will happily link to once he officially posts it! Clock can be found in Post 2 of my Den.

(Thanks again to BO for fixing the stupid thing!)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2011, 11:10:10 PM »
Coolio! :)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2011, 09:03:12 AM »
Just linked to your spiffy new mod so anyone getting "my" clock can zip right over and snag it!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »
Even more coolio...

*BoilingOil treats Zirconia Wolf to a nice belly rub.*

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
*purrs with delight that's not really fit for a family friendly board*

Thanky kindly, dear sir!

Here's a "bone of gratitude" as I thought you might be tired of the wolfy-slurps at the moment.

(I am actually getting my creative juices flowing again & will most likely be begging for more help from you in the near-ish future when one of my "oh-so-brilliant" ideas goes kapowie on me...)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 04:52:20 PM »
Just added a ridiculously huge (88.3MB) 7z file with 47 of the 48 FreeTime required Arcade Games by Paladin to this here section of my Den.

Individual files will follow...eventually.

(It's going to take a bit, folks!)

Just removed the Arcade Games as Palidn's Site is back up!

YAY!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:32:36 PM by Zirconia Wolf »

Offline twoftmama

• Toddling Tot
  • Dynamite comes in small packages!
    • TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »
Thank you so much for the stair mod ZW! It will be nice not to have my sims toting toddlers up and down the stairs!  :thumb:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »
You are most welcome!

I got so tired of the whole *stair silliness* in regards to toddlers, kittens & puppies (and the way Beck's mods didn't do exactly what I wanted) that I finally made myself sit down and try my hand, er paw at some low-level modding. (And thanks to AH & BO, it actually worked out!)

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »
I just hate the look of toddlers tearing down the sidewalk at top speed.  That's when I yell, "Stop!  There's a pedestrian portal down there!"

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2011, 11:09:22 AM »
 :lol:

***edited***

Nice to see you around these parts again, Miros! :wave:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:18:10 AM by Zirconia Wolf »

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2011, 06:22:31 AM »
ZW, Do you know if the pregnancy span hack requires any EPs?  I just uploaded a few different version I did over at CT and thought I should check with you about requirements.

Edit - never mind, I've been told it's working perfectly with just the base game.  :smile:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:17:38 PM by Sleepycat »

Offline Lientebollemeis

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »
Does the pet pregnancy mod really work?
I downloaded it before and altered the numbers a bit.
But when I play it only with this mod in my downloadfolder the pet is still pregnant for the default span.
Can someone help me making this mod working?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2017, 03:06:14 AM »
The answer to your question may depend on when the pregnancy was initiated. Any pet pregnant *before* the mod was installed, will most certainly NOT be affected by this mod or whatever changes you make to it.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2017, 03:14:34 PM »
Just uploaded object.package files, which are of no use to 99.9% of the folks who might read this!

I'd forgotten about them, so I linked to them in my "Reinstall? Why?" tutorial!