Author Topic: Commitment Score  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Deviancy

• Highchair Hipster
    • Ookie Spookie
Commitment Score
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:39:09 PM »
Ok, I'm going nuts.

I swore that when I used to pick "Show My Status" on the ACR thingamabob it used to give me the info about dress type, pregnancy chance, and then show a commitment score that usually said -20 or -30.  But I recently updated ACR the other day and now when I do "show my status", I'm not seeing the commitment score no matter what I do.  I thought maybe the hood got borked so I created a new hood, and still no commitment score. 

So now I'm not sure if it was ACR that used to do that or if I borked the entire game, or if the latest update for ACR removed it.  I read the change log and I didn't see anything about that.

I did notice the global switches for auto breakup and engagement were still there however, unless one switches the global switch TFB unmarried to off.  If one does that those two switches go poof.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Commitment Score
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 01:06:18 AM »
I've never noticed a *commitment* score....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 03:04:43 AM »

I remember the commitment score on the status pop up in beta 5a. It was one of the things I missed when I switched back to beta 4a (due to the hot tub issue). I haven't played with beta 5b though (been giving TS3 another chance).
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Deviancy

• Highchair Hipster
    • Ookie Spookie
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 05:17:08 AM »
All I remember is that it was on the ACR that had the hot tub bug, and when the bug went away with 5b so did the score.  I was never exactly sure what the score was for, so it isn't like I'm in mourning.  I was under the impression the score had to be out of the negative in order to get a positive go steady memory.  For some reason 95% of the time going steady results in my sim getting a bad memory.  I heard romance sims always get a bad memory, but most of the sims in my game are family or knowledge sims.

I guess most of my sims are just lil sluts.

Silly lil sluts...

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 06:25:55 AM »

mine are all sluts (in both 2 & 3)  :lol:

The commitment score seemed to me to indicate how likely a sim would cheat on their spouse/SO. 
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 06:39:54 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, the "commitment score" was related to the "auto-engagement" and "auto-break-up" procedures, which TJ introduced in version 5a. In version 5b, he discontinued those procedures, because they caused a number of problems he was unsure how to solve. One of those issues did indeed (if I interpreted his posts correctly) cause things like sims freezing in the hot-tub.

And, if the above assumptions are correct, then no doubt the intention was for the commitment score to give a numerical representation of how likely the sim was to start a commited relationship, or to break up their current commitment in favor of a different sim.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:44:53 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Deviancy

• Highchair Hipster
    • Ookie Spookie
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 02:23:54 PM »
The switches for auto-e and auto-b are still active if the global switch for tfb is set to allow tfb if the sims aren't married.  If that global is set to block the sims from breeding out of wedlock, the switches for auto-e and auto-b go poof.  Not sure if that was TJ's intention or if it's a bug, but it doesn't matter really.  Even if the switches are set to active, the spa bug remains a distant memory, thankfully.  That spa bug was uber annoying.  I'd notice my sims were missing work or their finals, so I'd take a look around the lot and continously find them frozen in the spa.

But considering all of the things ACR does, I gotta give props to TJ for just how polished it all is.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:28:41 PM by Deviancy »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 03:56:31 PM »
Yeppers. That was part of the now defunct auto-engagement. I removed it from the 'status' dialog in 5b since it is no longer being calculated.

The switches still intermittently showing up on the adjuster is a bug. Doesn't matter how they are set so selecting them by accident is perfectly safe.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

anything
anything