Author Topic: ACR Casual Actions Problems  (Read 16853 times)

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
ACR Casual Actions Problems
« on: June 05, 2010, 01:54:27 PM »
I have just recently gotten ACR2 beta 5a for my sims game, and most of it works just fine... Except any casual romance actions that don't involve woohoo.

Every time my sims try to use any actions that are listed in the 'casual...' section, they get an error and I have to reset them. If I force them to use an action from that section (besides whoohoo), they reset and I don't get an error.

I also do not have the 'tokens...' option on my activator.

I have Double Deluxe and Fun With Pets on my game. The hacks I am currently using are Inteenimator, ACR, and LargerHouseholds. I tried using that conflict detector, but I wasn't sure where to place it since it didn't say, so I just put it in my downloads folder.

I've attached an example of the errors I'm getting, so hopefully, this little problem will be solved, because I've looked everywhere else on the forums to see if there was a similar problem, but... *shrugs* nothing.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
Re: ACR Casual Actions Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:58:46 PM »
The HCDU belongs on your desktop as it is an independent utility that will scan your folder and give results.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 02:03:28 PM »
I'd advise you to forget Beta 5a anyway, and download Beta 4a instead. 5a will freeze your sims if they ever try to do it in the hot tub.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 02:07:28 PM »
So... beta 4a is the most stable version.... but I kinda doubt that my errors will be fixed. I believe I used an older version before I got 5a, and the same problems persisted.

I put the HCDU on my desktop and used it, but it reported no problems.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 02:15:02 PM »
ACR Beta 2 (which includes 4a & 5a) requires FT or higher.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 02:18:24 PM »
Did you take out all the old pieces of ACR?  What is your load order? 

Might need an older version,  Double Deluxe is on one of the later EPs engines, but don't know which one.  How old is your DD?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »
I install HCDU into my Program Files and then send a shortcut to the desktop - and it has never caused me a problem.  I don't think, though, that it would help where you put it in your case, since it isn't a conflict with another mod that's the likeliest cause of your problems. 

If I were you, I think I would try using the tried and tested version available here, as I have a feeling that the Fun with Pets - if it is a collection - may run from the AL game engine.   Even if you actually just mean Pets, then I think it's the same version of ACR for both.

DDL, I think, Zola, runs from the OFB engine, from what some people have reported.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:24:06 PM by zephyrzodiac »
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
I install HCDU into my Program Files and then send a shortcut to the desktop - and it has never caused me a problem.  I don't think, though, that it would help where you put it in your case, since it isn't a conflict with another mod that's the likeliest cause of your problems. 

If I were you, I think I would try using the tried and tested version available here, as I have a feeling that the Fun with Pets - if it is a collection - may run from the AL game engine.   Even if you actually just mean Pets, then I think it's the same version of ACR for both.

DDL, I think, Zola, runs from the OFB engine, from what some people have reported.

I used the version you recommended before I tried ver 5a, and I still got errors.

My DD is pretty recent, too. I got it only a few months ago.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 02:45:05 PM »
I don't think that would make any difference, DDL includes, I believe, the Celebrations Stuff Pack, which runs from the OFB game engine.

If you were already getting errors with a tested version, I honestly can't see how installing a beta version which has had numerous errors reported (and which TJ is in the process of sorting out) could solve your problem.

It would be helpful, though, if you could say what exactly is the Fun with Pets set - does it include any stuff packs, and if so, which?

If you have a fair number of mods in your game, I can't understand why HCDU is not reporting any issues at all. 

Oh, and it might help if you delete the groups.cache file.  If you didn't do this after uninstalling the previous versions of ACR, there may be any number of shortcuts in it pointing to files that no longer exist.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:47:23 PM by zephyrzodiac »
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »
How about I re-install the tested version and test everything out again? Doing that now and I'll tell ya'll the results in a few.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 03:01:46 PM »
You'd better wait with that until we know what we're dealing with here... Just going on uninstalling and reinstalling stuff while the thing isn't working, won't help you one bit. It can only make things worse, until you have to start all over.

Let's first get straight which Packs are included in this "Fun with Pets" release as ZZ asked you before, and what the *release* date of your DDL pack is. Because if you have nothing newer than the OFB engine, you should be running ACR 1, not 2!

Trust me: ZZ knows her stuff. So you better try to find the answers to the questions she asked. That way you'll be up and running much sooner!

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 03:16:33 PM »
Thanks, BO - however, I would assume that Fun with Pets does actually include Pets, so it would be OK to install ACR2.

As you say, though, keep taking stuff out and putting stuff in is not the best thing to do.

Dora Feddy, did you leave ACR in its own subfolder, or did you put everything loose in your Downloads?

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »
I just put everything in downloads...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 03:57:17 PM »
In that case, if you make no effort to subfolder anything, I wouldn't be surprised if you have any number of duplicate files, which would cause all kinds of problems, plus also making it likely that you would miss one or two when removing stuff.  Try getting the Clean Installer from ModtheSims2 and using that to scan your entire Downloads (capitalized, I hope) folder and look for any files highlighted in pink.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
I think you'll have to make some sub-folders, things will run much smoother if you sort CC by author. Let TJ's stuff load after that made by Pescado, for example. And put ACR in its OWN folder. Everything in one folder is just not a very practical way to do things and it will cause massive conflicts!

(*crossed posts with ZZ here*)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 04:01:34 PM »
Agreed: Next to CI, sub-folders can be a TS2 player's best friend!
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
*looks at downloads folder* Hoo.... I knew I shoulda done this when I first started downloading stuff, but sims 2 download system is just way different from what I use on my other game. Sims 2 is so finicky I figured it would just get angry at me if I set up subfolders.

How does load order work in this game?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:20:27 PM by Dora Feddy »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
Just how many files do you have in that Downloads folder of yours, Dora Feddy? Like several tens of thousands?

If so, I wouldn't want to be you and sort that stuff out. My over 11,000 files have been distributed over multiple sub-folders, three or four levels deep, from the first moment I started collecting CC. I wouldn't go deeper than three or four levels if I were you, because the total filename (including folders) might become too long and screw up the load process.

load order work like this: files will be loaded in alphabetical order. With files in subfolders, the folders will be sorted in alphabetical order as well, and then from each folder, the files will be sorted before loading.

Folder A/A.package
Folder A/Z.package
Folder B/B.package
Folder B/X.package
Folder Z/J.package

etc.

In case of a conflict, the file loading LAST takes control, and any previous files will get incapacitated!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:29:11 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 04:27:39 PM »
Luckily for me, not as many as thousands. It's still a pain anyways because I prefer to sort things by the download's name instead of the author.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »
Then I advise you to change your preference as if you were a Sim ;)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
Invalid constant almost always means one of two things. 1) a mod not updated for your latest installed EP (definitely not the case here) or 2) a mod written for an EP later than what you have installed.

Double Deluxe is NL plus Celebrations (which is based on OFB I think...too lazy to look) so it won't run ACR2.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 04:47:37 PM »
At least until you get a later EP.  :cheese:

You are probably better off than I was about 2-3 years ago.  I had been using file maid 2.  It dumped everything into the Download file.  There were over 25,000 files that had to be sorted/filed/etc. :omg:  I've still got CC in Misc Folders in some sections because of the weird file naming.  Once I took control though, and got through the worst of it, things got immensely better.

Offline celebi88

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 04:55:38 PM »
Fun with pets is Pets, Family fun stuff and Mansion and garden

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »
If you've got M & G you need ACR 2, but before you do anything you're going to be spending some quality time with your DL folder for it to work right. 

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »
Quality time indeed... So, the diagnosis is epic-fail sorting and the prescription is cleanup?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2010, 05:17:11 PM »
I would say so! ;)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 05:18:04 PM »
That's about right! :blink:

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »
You can use Delphy's Clean installer http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/ to help you quite a bit and Delphy's Download Organizer http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=227925  Read all of the "paperwork" that comes with them.   

You might want to set up some folders to shuttle stuff to also.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:29:04 PM by zolabee »

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »
I already have clean installer... But what do you mean by 'folders to shuttle stuff to'?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2010, 05:23:37 PM »
When you right click on an item shown by the CI, you have the option to move it - so if you have folders set up ready in your Downloads folder, then you can move them into whichever you choose.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »
In my downloads folder I have it set up first by category - Buy, Build, Hair, Clothes, etc.

Then folders within folders *more subfolders*  by creator *if it's on the mesh* or site name *if I know the site*.  You may end up with a miscellaneous file for those things you don't want to get rid of, but don't know where they go. 

You can subfolder several layers 4 *?* and some of the programs still see/scan through them. 

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »
Alright, I've sorted everything. Now the big question... Do I use ACR or ACR2?

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 05:40:18 PM »
Fun with pets is Pets, Family fun stuff and Mansion and garden

If you have that *above* ACR 2, if just pets ACR - the original.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 05:42:28 PM »
And if you *do* get ACR 2, then make sure it's beta 4a, not 5a. And put it in a folder by itself, named zzz-ACR. That way it loads AFTER everything else (assuming you have no other folders starting with a 'zzz'), which seems to be the best way to start.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:44:52 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
Okay, everything's done and sorted. I'll test it out now and hope it works. *crosses fingers*

Edit: Nope, still not working, unfortunately...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:42:06 PM by Dora Feddy »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 12:10:53 AM »
Ok, there's several courses of action...

1. You could turn testingcheats on and see if errors are generated when you initiate an ACR interaction. Upload the log of such an error.

2. You could also run HCDU again, and upload the current conflicts list.

Maybe from that information, the more experience people here can make out what's going on.

3. If you're currently trying to get ACR 2 to work, try the original ACR, and see if that makes a difference.

What else? Maybe someone else has more suggestions...

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2010, 03:23:03 AM »

If you try the original version, make sure you totally uninstall the beta version first (a must when switching to an older version).
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2010, 05:25:32 AM »
Just to add, if you get absolutely no conflicts shown when you run the HCDU again, I think you would be advised to uninstall it and redownload it.  Unzip to its own folder (don't rename it in any way) and put it in your program files - if you have Windows 7 it would need to go in the System 32 section - send a shortcut to the desktop, and start the program.

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »
Ok, so I checked to see what actions are are causing errors under the 'casual...' pie. Under the flirt sub-pie, goose, serenade and wolf whistle are causing errors. Under hug, it's squeeze and leap into arms. Pretty much no actions under kiss are usable.

I also reinstalled the HCDU as ya'll recommended, but I still didn't get any conflict reports.

If I uninstall this beta version, do I have to do anything ingame to make sure it uninstalls correctly?

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2010, 07:02:10 PM »
When you click on it it one options should say "uninstall tokens" or "uninstall"... not sure which since I have fooled with it in months and it's on my upstairs computer. 

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2010, 07:08:36 PM »
I'll do that if I can... but what if the tokens pie thing isn't there? It wasn't the last time I checked

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2010, 07:49:41 PM »
Back your game up and take it out - every little piece of it and install the new one.  Hope for the best and don't play in between un-installing and installing.  *I did that once, it worked fine*

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 08:04:41 PM »

You do have to load the game between uninstalling & installing an older version. At least I had too.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »
And remember to delete the .cache files, too, so no broken shortcuts remain.

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 06:41:01 AM »
When you say .cache files, do you mean Groups.cache and Accessory.cache?

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, 07:14:20 AM »
When you say .cache files, do you mean Groups.cache and Accessory.cache?

Yep! Those be the ones.  :biglaugh:

They are 2 of the 3 "Unholy Trinity*" files that seem to cause a lot more problems than they should. Nuking them is perfectly safe & highly recommended.

* The cigen file is the 3rd, but it's only generated when launching Body Shop.

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 08:11:37 AM »
*scratches head* I just don't get it... I've deleted and nuked all the files, installed the non beta version, re-did the token giving process, and it still causes jumps. Perhaps I'm just one of those unlucky few that has a screwy problem that can't be fixed... Or perhaps it's just the sims I'm using, whatever.

I'm thinking about going out and getting one or two other expansions, anyways. Perhaps that'll help?

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »
I'm thinking about going out and getting one or two other expansions, anyways. Perhaps that'll help?

If nothing else, it's a great way to *justify* it! (I had to get that EP: it was a necessity for my game...)

It will be interesting to see if adding another EP fixes the problem though.

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2010, 08:41:07 AM »
I'm still not at all savvy on which engine is older than the other, but I'm thinking of grabbing University and Seasons.

Anyways, I guess we'll find out sooner or later, won't we?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2010, 09:34:45 AM »
University is older (came out straight after the Base game, before Nightlife) but Seasons is later than Pets.  Free Time might be a good one to get, it does add a lot of variation to who your sims are attracted to.

BTW, have you used the FFS Debugger from More Awesome than You to delete the attraction markers?  (These can be corrupted and often caused jumping back when Nightlife first came out.)

Offline Dora Feddy

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »
BTW, have you used the FFS Debugger from More Awesome than You to delete the attraction markers?  (These can be corrupted and often caused jumping back when Nightlife first came out.)

what is an FFS Debugger? The attraction markers might be whats causing my problems, so where do I get it?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 01:14:35 PM »
Google is your friend: FFS Lot Debugger

Offline Guthree

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 03:01:41 AM »
Hello,

After reading all the posts in this thread I have one question, which version is best to use now 4a or 5b?

Thx! :wink:
Installed TS2 versions: Apartment Life, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Glamour Life Stuff, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, University
Installed TS2 stuffs: Celebration! Stuff, Family Fun Stuff, H&M Fashion Stuff, Mansion and Garden Stuff, Teen Style Stuff

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 03:12:31 AM »
It depends on whether you have the correct game configuration for either, which you haven't mentioned... having said that, I would say that 5b would be the right choice, if your game config will support it.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 03:22:41 AM »
I agree with ZZ: no problems have been reported yet, associated with ACR 2 beta 5b (the latest release so far), so you should consider that one to be superior over any previous versions.

Offline Guthree

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 03:35:10 AM »
Thanks for the quick replies!
Installed TS2 versions: Apartment Life, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Glamour Life Stuff, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, University
Installed TS2 stuffs: Celebration! Stuff, Family Fun Stuff, H&M Fashion Stuff, Mansion and Garden Stuff, Teen Style Stuff

anything