Author Topic: NPC behaviour  (Read 3129 times)

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
NPC behaviour
« on: April 03, 2010, 02:48:36 PM »
I'm a bit confused. Does the autonomy behaviour of NPC's depend on the sim I'm playing?

I'm playing some students at the moment. The first one was an outgoing pleasure/romance sim. I moved her into a dorm and after one or two days of meet and greet, she and the dormies started to behave like rabbits. There were several couples, much kissing and flirting and every day three or four autonomous woohoos.

When she finished college and went back to the main hood I moved in another student, this time a shy family sim. The same dormies moved in. She is in her 3rd year now and had finally a bit ACR kissing and flirting with one of them, but other than that, there wasn't a single kiss or flirt between the dormies, not to mention a woohoo. The ACR settings are the same as before.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: NPC behaviour
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »
The dormies' reaction to the first sim seems logical to me. As long as an NPC/townie/dormie hasn't been in any kind of romantic encounter, their gender preference isn't set yet (still at 0) and as a result, they won't start anything. Once they have been 'accessed' romantically, their gender preference is non-zero, and they may start acting accordingly. They may then start checking eachother out, and if they find someone of their liking, they may indeed initiate some romance.

Their reactions to your second sim seems a bit odd, though. If they're really the same dormies in the same hood, I'd expect them to remember their preference and act upon it.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 06:27:30 PM »

Maybe if you reset their timers? (shift-click on the adjuster, may need testingcheats enabled)
or
It could be some of them have more then one romantic interest and they don't want to get caught.  :hmm:

I always run ACRs gender preference randomizer to set gender preferences for everyone who gets a ACR token.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:31:26 PM »
To randomize gender pref is the first thing I do in every neighborhood, the second thing is to enable auto gender pref.

The dormies are the same. They all have the memories/relationships/gender prefs/hots from the first round and their timers are high in the negative (with two exeptions, so I wonder what they are doing when they disappear to campus/into their rooms :giggle:). It's a bit strange that -24 hours seems to be the limit, even my playable, in her third year and definately without woohoo, is at -24. Maybe it's the ACR limit, my sims usually don't get so far.  :lol:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:57:22 PM »
yes, -24 is the limit.

It could be that they are sort of stuck. I get sims with low timers not doing anything sometimes and resetting their timers usually helps.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »
Thanks, resetting the timers worked instantly. It looks like they've just waited for that. :rofl:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:11:55 PM »

:yay:

:lol:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 01:07:43 AM »
Usually I've found that once they go off-lot to work or college, if you give them no instructions when they return they'll be quite likely to *unstick* themselves.....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 05:48:51 AM »
I've taken to unsticking the timers also.  It can really help.  Had some interesting things happen that I wasn't expecting.   :lol:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »
One thing I discovered by accident.  I assumed that, so long as there was any available woohoo location on the lot, my sim would have the booty call option.  Appears not - he had a sofa but only a single bed, and no option appeared until he took his first final and had enough cash for a double bed....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

anything
anything