Author Topic: ACR 2 and apartments  (Read 6937 times)

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
ACR 2 and apartments
« on: April 01, 2010, 06:30:16 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I'm currently playing an apartment lot - for about the second time since I got AL - and ACR seems to be having some trouble.

One fella is apparently God's gift to ALL the women in his apartment block.  :dry:  Whichever flat I am playing, the resident females keep undressing and 'relaxing' on their beds, while the hot male stands around outside and can't get in - not having been properly invited. If I remember to invite him beforehand, it works, but ACR seems to keep prompting them to woohoo, when one party is technically not present. There is no booty call, I suppose because he is hanging around outside his own apartment at the time.

I'm getting a bit tired of constantly cancelling 'relax' actions, and my sims are wearing out the fastenings on their clothing.

Is this a known issue that I'm overlooking? Searching didn't catch anything. Or is it a bug to be reported?

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: ACR 2 and apartments
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:32:02 AM »
Dunno, but it sounds hilarious! :giggle:
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 06:46:34 AM »
Sounds familiar. My sim tries to woohoo but there isn't a check if the other sim has access to the bed/couch too.

I've tried to call a neighbor while she was in her own apartment and she didn't appear in the phone book. Maybe it's the same for booty calls.
Arathea's Area@TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:59:49 AM »
It works if the other sim in question is already in the apartment, if he/she is outside in the common area they can't enter the apartment but they are present enough to count as a potential ACR target.
A bit like the problem in hotels where sims note ACR locations like double beds but can't use them because they have not booked the room.
I think the easiest solution (only works without cheats before the lot is occupied though) is to place an object (double bed, hot tub, photo booth) in the common area where all the tenants have access.

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 09:02:15 AM »
Even a sofa.....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 09:33:18 AM »
I'd even prefer the sofa; a bed requires more space and needs to be made after use. :P

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 09:49:01 AM »
Also, even in the most cramped block, there's usually room for a small, tatty old sofa in the *reception* area....

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »
My male Sim knocked on a lady friend's door and was invited in.  After a while, they decided to ACR.  Instead of using her bed, they both walked to his apartment to woohoo!

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »
Dirty sheets  :hmm:?

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 05:09:28 PM »
They'd be uncommonly fastidious!  I've seen Sims hop into beds that hadn't cooled off yet....

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »
I've had them go to the other sim's apartment too.  :lol: 
Maybe I'll get around this issue by adding a couch to all apartment common areas from now on. Good suggestion.

Mind you, they'll freeze their buns off in THIS block- it's a slum, with communal outdoor plumbing (and cooking). The 'apartments' are only two small rooms each. All the common area is on the street! And it is winter...

So has anyone put this in as a possible bugfix, in case TJ is able to do it some time?

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »
How about a tent? :giggle: or maybe a hammock.... just right for those Arctic climes.... (of course, if this was Sims 1, they could have a nice, snug igloo!)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 07:00:11 AM »
Aelflaed, I'm sure that the prospect of freezing their buns off isn't going to deterr (sp?) your sims in the least... When those randy rabbits 'gotta go', they gotta go regardless of circumstances as long as their motives are ok. :biglaugh:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 07:07:04 AM »
If they fall down in a frozen heap, there's always the blender to come to the rescue!  I remember in the good old (pre-blender and pre-Inge's Aircon) having to pick up frozen sims bodily and sling them into the bathroom so they could thaw enough to warm up in the bath!

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »
It's a kind of South-American-ish hood, so no igloos! And you're right, BoilingOil, I'm sure they'll ignore snowstorms if they feel like it.

I've never had to rescue a sim collapsed from freezing. Heatstroke, yes. That was in my tropical island hood, before they had earned sufficient shade. No winter there at all.

These current slum-dwellers do have four walls and a roof, so they aren't likely to collapse completely. They only have to go outdoors to cook, and use the plumbing...the rest of the time they can snuggle up in their tin sheds!

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »
My dormies ignored not only snowstorms but thunderstorms too. Best idea ever to place some benches in the patio. :lol:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 07:14:10 AM »
Indeed... specifically plantsims couldn't be happier in a thunderstorm, most notably during the day; they'd get light, water AND love... what else would they need? :cheese:

Heatstroke, yes. That was in my tropical island hood, before they had earned sufficient shade. No winter there at all.

Hmm, I've done something like that in Strangetown: Spring, Summer, Summer, Fall... I have to watch my sims very carefully, there. Especially the kids... Wanda enjoys it a lot, though!

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 10:12:48 AM »
I've played an all-summer neighborhood once and was happy when I found a mod for cold showers. the heat was deadly!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »
I'd like to know where you got that mod from, Arathea.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 06:29:59 PM »

I play all summer in my hoods. I have a hack that nukes the temperature feature and another for no summer rain.  X)
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline arathea

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 07:35:26 PM »
I'd like to know where you got that mod from, Arathea.

Cold/Hot water shower

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 02:42:46 AM »
Thanks a million, Arathea!

SC: That must be a lot of arid waste land your playing ;) Well, at least any wolves in your game won't be splashing around in puddles. :P

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 04:03:12 AM »
Thanks for the link! It has annoyed me so many times that the showers did not adapt to the temperature and hot water was permanently turned on. I always thought that a cold shower would be perfect to cool down my overheated sims.

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 04:36:16 AM »
Surprise, surprise - I found I already have this mod, just haven't used it - but I think I just might give it a whirl....

As to the problem on beaches and with non-playables or uncontrolled playable visitors, I believe Inge's Aircon works fine it you put it in a toilet block etc., or even suspend it in mid-air (if outdoors) with moveobjects on... and sims do use it autonomously.

What I'd really like, though, is a mod for the exercise bike to stop them getting so hot so quickly in the first place..... so, if anyone knows of one, I'd be grateful. :thumb:

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »
What I'd really like, though, is a mod for the exercise bike to stop them getting so hot so quickly in the first place..... so, if anyone knows of one, I'd be grateful. :thumb:

And how about something similar for the tread-mill?? Heating up with such an extensive work-out, alright, I'll buy that. But the speed at which it happens is ridiculous... During the extended summers in my Strangetown I don't even dare allow my Sims to use that thing...

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 02:09:03 AM »
At least, though, it's not autonomous... now they can get on the bike for two seconds and before you even realise they're there.... at least I have Paladin's mod installed, but I still don't like seeing them get so hot, so quickly!