Author Topic: Is there a way to change the day?  (Read 8682 times)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
Is there a way to change the day?
« on: March 02, 2010, 03:13:09 AM »

Is there is a way to change what day a household is on?  :hmm: 

I'm trying to play a neighborhood in sync and 12 households are on Friday, while 9 are on Tuesday. I could play one group and catch them up to the others (or move the Friday group into new houses) but it'd be so much easier if I could just change the damn day (specially since I actually decorated some of the houses the Friday group are in!). :P 

It'd also be handy when I move other sims into the hood or a Uni student graduates and moves straight into a new house. I'm so tired of trying to work around the always-Monday move-in day.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Is there a way to change the day?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:20:18 AM »
The Lot Sync Timer allows you to do this - dire warnings abound, but it's perfectly safe to do, I have been doing it for ages and with around 70 households to keep in sync it comes in very handy.  I then make sure the Seasons are in sync with the Weather Controller.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 03:33:11 AM »
The temporal adjuster of Insim also allows you to change the day of the week but it resets as soon as you leave the household in any way, including going to community lots. I did that recently with Simon Broke's family because I wanted them to move into the new house but not deny them their weekend.

ZZ is that the same with the lot sync timer?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 03:38:26 AM »
No, doren, the Sync Timer is permanent.  At present, all my houses that have been played this rotation are on Friday morning, those that haven't been played are on Wednesday, but my Uni graduate households have number of days played which are not the standard *move in on a Monday* number of days, but an attempt to reflect when they graduated in relation to other graduates.   If I move a family on Wednesday morning, I use the timer to reset the lot to the correct day, usually after the welcome wagon has been, etc., but while everyone is actually on the lot.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 04:15:18 AM »
Searching what people had to say about the lot sync timer (can't help it, I don't trust the man..) I came across this as an idea to change the day of the week. Clever idea:

"I don't know of any cheat to change the day of the week, but you could type in the cheat bar: sethour 23. That will make it 11 P.M., then just wait a sim hour (or go on a faster speed). Keep repeating that until you get to the day you want. When you get to the right day of the week, change it to the time of day you want it to be  (ex: sethour 9 to make it 9 A.M.) Hope that helps!"

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 04:21:28 AM »
It's never caused me a problem - as for not trusting him, I'd say in this case he is being very upfront and honest, since you are clearly warned about taking care, and told clearly that, although you have the option to change the hour, that this is not recommended.  I've been using the sync timer every since Pes first made it, and it's never caused me any problems whatsoever.  Certain versions work better in certain game configurations, that's the only thing I noticed.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 04:47:01 AM »
Apparently he also says that it will break things if you uninstall the lot sync timer - which worries me more - and I am not sure how exactly it synchronises the time for the households and if this would work for me and my way of playing. I can't read anything on MATY while I am at work because the site is blocked by our spam filter :giggle:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 05:09:19 AM »
It doesn't actually synchronise the days, it merely allows you to do so, and enables you to check what day the lot is at.  I copy the information from that to the lot load screen, and that's where I store the info on day number, day of the week and season + number of days.
I've never felt the need to uninstall the timer, I would imagine that what he means is that it's the timer that keeps the data for each lot, and the hood, and if you've changed it in any way, then removing the timer from your downloads would mean that the hood would revert to the original day of the week, number of days played, etc., and not the ones you'd set.  Removing any adjuster from a downloads folder would have a similar result on whatever they are coded to affect, I would think.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 05:24:18 AM »
ZZ, Thank you. I had forgotten about the synctimer.  I tried it once (a long time ago) but it just confused me. I found it easier to keep track of my households on paper. Being able to change the day with it will make it worth having though. Hopefully it's easy to figure out how to do it.  I'm not much worried about changing the seasons since I have them all set to Summer but I do have the weather controller hack though, for just in case. 

doren, In his read me, it says not to just delete it from your downloads folder, that you need un-install it first and explains how to un-install it. Thanks for that information about the sethour cheat. I'll try that if the synctimer annoys me.  I had vague memories about InSim or another hack being able to change the day but didn't think it was permanent.

I'm so glad I finally asked about changing the day. It's something that has bugged me for ages!
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 05:28:48 AM »
It's the Time Warp option, once you have set the day you want, you need to click the Engage! option for it to take effect.  It hasn't ever caused me any problems, apart from once, I think, a school bus didn't arrive the first day after doing it - but I never knew if that was just a glitch in the game, as it can happen occasionally with or without the timer.

I also keep a paper list, but I like to keep a record for the families actually in the game and doing so at the top of the load screen for each lot just seems pretty straightforward to me.  Just takes a minute when I exit a lot.

And doren, if it wasn't for Pes, new downloaders of Insim would probably be paying 10 bucks for the privilege!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 05:37:29 AM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 06:18:16 AM »

*makes a note of how to do it* Thanks again ZZ  :love2:

I used to try to make a note of what day of the week a family was on in the load screen but I always kept forgetting.  :ninja: 

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 07:58:05 AM »
I can't say I always remember, either.  :blush:  But I do try.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 08:08:05 AM »
The Lot Sync thingy scares the crap out of me as I don't fully understand it & knowing dear Pes I'm sure it does all sorts of stuff he won't tell you about. I don't get the "keeps track of time played" crap: I know how long I've been playing a lot so why do I *need* a mod to tell me that info? Is it enabling time to pass on all lots even when I'm not playing them (like TS3) or what?

Also don't like the it-will-blow-up-your-game-if-used-wrong warnings (and the fact it apparently can't be uninstalled), so I have shied away from it, preferring the less-invasive Day Setter from MTS.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=318007

It only sets the day of the week, period. No "time tracking" or "synchronization" stuff. Also won't screw with the ages of your Sims (though it will effect Season duration) which I like.
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 08:11:58 AM »
The Sync Timer does nothing to the ages of your sims.  Whatever mod you use from MTS is probably based on Pes's sync -timer, anyway, since when he first made it there was definitely nothing else available (it's been around for a long, long time, and I never heard of it breaking anyone's game.)  The only thing I wish was that he'd used a slightly smaller object for it, I put that in a basement with moveobjects on, and next time I load the lot, the darn thing's poking its head up in front of the potty!

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 08:37:22 AM »
Actually, the mod is based on the temporal adjuster from InSim: but unlike the InSim version, this one doesn't undo at midnight. As it's cloned from the vase, it's nice and small, too.

I realize the Lot Sync thingy is permanent too: but again, I don't *get* what exactly it does when *installed* so have shied away from it. I realize that you can use the Time Warp feature without *installing* the Sync thing fully (I actually used to use it before I found the MTS mod) but since that was the only feature I wanted out of the thing I have opted to go with something less *complicated*...and a lot easier to stash on a lot.

I know Pes has made a lot of great mods (I use several myself) it's just that I am trying to get out of the habit of installing stuff that does a zillion different things, only 1 or two of which I actually *need*, and Pes is much happier with cramming everything he can into one thing which doesn't always suit my new play style. (Lot DeBugger is an obvious exception! That thing is a Must Have for any player!)

~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline pepsihamster

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 08:50:57 AM »
The only thing I wish was that he'd used a slightly smaller object for it, I put that in a basement with moveobjects on, and next time I load the lot, the darn thing's poking its head up in front of the potty!
:giggle: Yup, that it does. Would have been nice with an option to make it into different objects like a bush or a vase or something. I have used it too in an earlier game and haven't had any problems with it either.
I might try out the Day Setter this time around. I also find it annoying that every move in starts on a monday.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 09:03:55 AM »
You can't stop them arriving on a Monday, but you can change the day once they've arrived....

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »

I'm so glad I finally asked about changing the day. It's something that has bugged me for ages!

I am glad you asked about it too because I made the day change in the household I want to play tonight and it was very annoying that it always reset. I had actually decided that I would try to move out families on Mondays from now on.

And thanks for the link ZW, I am going to try the day setter. It is the only option I want.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 02:14:38 PM »
If I remember right, the cheats to change time and days (is there one?), will always reset at midnight.  I've had no problems using the Lot Timer to change days, hours, and minutes.  No problems deleting it off the lot afterwards either.  I tried using it to synch lots with it's counter, but realized it's easier to synch using the first day of each season.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »
preferring the less-invasive Day Setter from MTS.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=318007

It only sets the day of the week, period.

That is perfect!  :cele3: It does exactly what I want and nothing else.  :thumb:

I also picked up a few other mods while I was at MTS2.  :giggle:  (Dinner for 8 and Leave my newspapers alone! by the same creator)

I think I'll pin this thread since the always-Monday move-in day annoys so many of us.  :smile: 

Offline Alexandra

• Global Moderator
  • Tempermental Tyke
    • All Solutions Network--My page
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »
I have that too.  I believe that they should have made it where, if you move out after 6 pm Wed but before 6 pm Thu move-in should be Thursday morning.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 12:23:24 PM »
Between the day setter hack & the 'sethour X' cheat, I can move my sims and make it an hour after they left their previous home (they have to stop and pick up a few groceries after all so it works for me story-telling-wise).   :cheese:

anything