Author Topic: ACR Version 2 - Final  (Read 182512 times)

Offline aubreylaraine

• Highchair Hipster
  • half baked
Re: ACR Version 2 - Beta 5a is ready...as it's going to get ;)
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2010, 10:21:30 AM »
i, too, was tired of seeing the mystery sim popping up but am forgetfull to wipe them with the bat box. i found this a long time ago and am happy now when i forget. http://hideki.modthesims.info/download.php?t=172923 it makes it "first love" with a picture of a pink heart on a blue background. much better in my opinion.
cake or death?

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2010, 12:48:54 PM »
Interesting new option on the target sim: "Clean Up".  Clicking it adds the Influence action to the queue, which then drops out when active.

:confused: I'll look into that. Is everyone seeing it?

I don't get that.

Regarding build mode items: Usually I would simply download recolours but amazingly some of them are very hard to find (for free). I recently searched for recolours of the polymatrix window and could hardly find any. Yesterday I searched for spiral staircase recolours and could only find one set at MTS. Or pay at TSR.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2010, 01:04:18 PM »
omg that is my biggest pet peeve! I also hate how some windows/doors only come in white, light wood and dark wood whereas others come only in colors that don't include white. It makes me want to hit someone.

...and the way most the furniture sets are always *missing* something.

Thank goodness for the CC world! 
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline Ndainye

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2010, 01:59:19 PM »
Sorry to interrupt the derailment.

With the new Beta unmarried TFB is now protected by two layers.  In order to allow unmarried TFB not only does the hood switch need to be enabled but each individual sim needs to be enabled as well.  Could this be changed so that the individual switches default to enabled?  In my normal hood I have the hood switch set to disabled, but in my mega hood where I don't care who cheats on who and where I want massive amounts of messed up family trees I like to have it allowed. 

I like the fact that it is possible to make the choice on a sim by sim basis.  However if I'm allowing it on the hood basis it would be logical to only need to reset those sim that are going against the hood norm.

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2010, 02:25:44 PM »
A quote from TJ in this thread:

Hood-wide = Global. They are the same thing and as was mentioned from the docs any Hood/Global Override will always trump a Lot setting and/or a Sim setting. Setting a global override will not change the sim or lot setting however. So, in the example above, enabling unmarried TFB via the global override will not cause the sim token to show it as allowed it simply overrides whatever is set there. A Global Default works the other way around.
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 02:31:44 PM »
I could have sworn that a fix was included in the list regarding sims falsely assuming that another sim would get jealous.
However, this is what is happening in the household I currently play (it is perfect for testing this). Two males, two females, three male teens, two of them the sons of one of the women, the other not related to either of them.
This house had more than its fair share of jealous scenes and refused proposals and I tried out different measures to deal with it. The situation is as follows: The two women are in love with each other and both men. One of them changed her aspiration from family to popularity, the other is fortune with secondary romance, the males are romance. One of the males goes steady with both women, the other with one of them.

When I realised that they would get jealous again after one of the continuous proposals was finally accepted, I changed the jealousy setting for both women to 1/married only and made it static. Everyone was happy.
With the new ACR they are back to their original behaviour. Every ACR interaction, including the most harmless flirt, is rejected and their relationships drop because they try all the time. I did not change any of the default settings in the "cheating" section.

Offline Ndainye

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »
A quote from TJ in this thread:

Hood-wide = Global. They are the same thing and as was mentioned from the docs any Hood/Global Override will always trump a Lot setting and/or a Sim setting. Setting a global override will not change the sim or lot setting however. So, in the example above, enabling unmarried TFB via the global override will not cause the sim token to show it as allowed it simply overrides whatever is set there. A Global Default works the other way around.

That may be, however it's either not working correctly or it's not working in the manner explained by the FAQ. 

Prior to the installation of 5.a unmarried sims in my mega hood, where unmarried TFB is enabled and encouraged, would TFB.  Following the installation of 5.a unmarried sims in the hood where it is still enabled have to be personally set before they will TFB. 

If the individual token is supposed to trump all then there's no need to have a hood setting, because any sim that you wanted to be allowed would have to be individually set.   If the hood-wide is supposed to override the individual then it's not working properly because they are not TFB without it being set individually.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2010, 06:42:22 PM »
A global override trumps everything, a global default is what your sim/lot will revert to unless you change their individual/lot settings.  Therefore, the ability to change individual settings is necessary to override the default.

At least, that's how I understand it.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Ndainye

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2010, 07:49:19 PM »
But, that's not how it's working.

Offline ilikefishfood

• Mistress of Special Brownies
  • Talkative Toddler
    • "If...Life and Times in Christophe Harbour"
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »
I really ought to know this, but my aging brain is just not cooperating  :blink:.  Can I just overwrite my old files, or should I do a proper uninstall in game, and then plop the new shinies in my DLs?
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2010, 12:04:40 AM »
When I realised that they would get jealous again after one of the continuous proposals was finally accepted, I changed the jealousy setting for both women to 1/married only and made it static. Everyone was happy.
With the new ACR they are back to their original behaviour. Every ACR interaction, including the most harmless flirt, is rejected and their relationships drop because they try all the time. I did not change any of the default settings in the "cheating" section.

I tried it with different settings last night, put the teenage boys into friend zone with the unrelated women and finally changed the lot settings to "no jealousy on lot". Nothing works, all ACR actions are refused.

Ndainye - I have the same settings as you in this neighbourhood. I will check tonight if there are still tries for a baby (most of the couples are unmarried). Maybe the setting was just "toned down" because with the previous version (plus Inteen), teenagers tried more or less every time regardless of their aspiration.

Modified to add pictures of Taz "I-want-to-be-more-than-a-mere-women's-sex-object" Kat. This guy needs your help!!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:12:59 PM by doren »

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2010, 03:07:46 AM »
I really ought to know this, but my aging brain is just not cooperating  :blink:.  Can I just overwrite my old files, or should I do a proper uninstall in game, and then plop the new shinies in my DLs?

I just deleted the old files and then installed the new ones.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2010, 03:19:57 AM »

I just deleted the old files and then installed the new ones.

Thanks Sleepy!  Happy New Year hugs!  :smile:
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2010, 03:20:53 AM »
I had mine overwrite the old ones and had no problems. One thing to be careful of, though... in the old version, there was a file 'ACR - Social - Kiss - Smootch.package', which in the new version is named 'ACR - Social - Kiss - Smooch.package'. So when overwriting, you need to remove that one old file yourself.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2010, 03:30:35 AM »
One thing to be careful of, though... in the old version, there was a file 'ACR - Social - Kiss - Smootch.package', which in the new version is named 'ACR - Social - Kiss - Smooch.package'. So when overwriting, you need to remove that one old file yourself.

Ooooo...thanks for the heads up!

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2010, 06:57:29 AM »
I had mine overwrite the old ones and had no problems. One thing to be careful of, though... in the old version, there was a file 'ACR - Social - Kiss - Smootch.package', which in the new version is named 'ACR - Social - Kiss - Smooch.package'. So when overwriting, you need to remove that one old file yourself.

I had mine as a subfolder (TJ's ACR) and when I put in the new version (TJ's ACR 2) I just swapped out the folders. Would that have gotten rid of the smootch package?
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2010, 07:30:13 AM »
I would think so... You moved out the folder containing that file, so it's no longer in the game. Same as when you would delete the old version before installing the new one.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »
Excellent, thank you.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2010, 12:31:54 PM »
I always hated that. All those romantic dates, first kisses etc. forgotten just because they were non playables. Which is why I got this:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=245542

I use Syberspunk's Growup/MoveIn mods from MATY.  Same problem, similar solution.

omg that is my biggest pet peeve! I also hate how some windows/doors only come in white, light wood and dark wood whereas others come only in colors that don't include white. It makes me want to hit someone.

Seems to me TabbyLou did quite a few S2 windows with her "mission match" textures.

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
Thanks Miros, I'll go hunt those down.  :thumb:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2010, 02:30:39 PM »
MSBurrows also did a complete set of Maxis Match for the Matrix Windows - also at TSR.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »
Thank you. I feel so spoiled here with all these great new shines.  :bow:

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Have spork, will travel.
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2010, 02:51:41 PM »

I usually just let the new ones overwrite the older files but in this instance I started getting some weird error popping up, which I cured by uninstalling the older version and reinstalling the new one. A little "jic."
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2010, 01:00:44 AM »
SS, perhaps the old 'ACR - Social - Kiss - Smootch.package' was in the way because it would load after the new 'ACR - Social - Kiss - Smooch.package'...

I always do 'controlled' overwrites. I first check which files are in each version, what files have changed, and what the readme might say about included files. That's how I found this oddity ;)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
Looks to me like smootch and smooch are not the same..... so one will not overwrite the other....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2010, 03:33:45 AM »
Exactly... I think they are *meant* to be the same files (except for the version), because the old version doesn't have the 'smooch' file, and the new one doesn't have 'smootch'. When overwriting, the old version of this file thus remains in the folder, and loads after the new version, probably causing trouble.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2010, 06:23:55 AM »
*smootch* is obviously a simple spelling typo.....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2010, 06:30:31 AM »
Of course. X)

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2010, 07:55:51 AM »
Perhaps so, BO. Here is a snippit of the error log I was receiving prior to the uninstall/reinstall:

Build: 1.17.0.66
at Oct 11 2008,15:12:07

Object id: 964
name: Controller - ACR - Main
Stack size: 4
Error: Could not find object reference.
Iterations: 3085
  Frame 3:
    Stack Object id: 22
    Stack Object name: Pool - Controller
    Node: 31
    Tree: id 4245 name 'Tokens - Sub - Calculate The One Sim - Handle Committment' version 2
    from ACR - Controller - Main
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 922 22 16 3    Locals: -32717 -32717 922 22
  Frame 2:
    Stack Object id: 22
    Stack Object name: Pool - Controller
    Node: 41
    Tree: id 4125 name 'Tokens - Sub - Calculate The One Sim' version 2
    Params: 922 0 3    Locals: 16 20 22 279 16 289 0 -200 1 22
  Frame 1:
    Stack Object id: 602
    Stack Object name: N001_User00754 - Lyra
    Node: 17
    Tree: id 4106 name 'Function - Main - Update Tokens' version 2
    Params:    Locals: 3 6 22 0 3 0
  Frame 0:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 10
    Tree: id 4101 name 'Function - Main - Controller' version 2
    Params:    Locals:

I don't see anything in this that refers to smooching though.  :hmm:

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2010, 07:01:45 PM »
Oh, yeah...that was one of the changes I forgot about. I fixed the speeeeling oof thait fille. It was bugging me.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline starwind

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2010, 07:15:58 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2010, 08:08:54 PM »

Ok, I'm not sure why but Coral Oldie (who is app 35 days old) simply can't get pregnant via ACR now.

Coral also would not TFB with anyone except her husband (unmarried TFB allowed via hood & sim), which I found very strange since she is a Family sim. She didn't even get caught via risky.

I wondered if the "can not get pregnant" setting got stuck when I switched to 5a. Using beta 4a, I had set her (and a bunch of other females) to "can not get pregnant".

I decided to let Coral have another kid so I set her back to "can get pregnant"  but no luck. I tried changing it to "not" again and back to "can" but it didn't help (didn't test much at that point though).   :hmm:

I didn't try forcing a pregnancy (the option was there on the blender). She and her husband Herb currently have only a set of twins (who are 'children).

I must say I laugh every time two sims TFB when one is set to "can not get pregnant"  :giggle:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2010, 08:47:20 PM »
I must say I laugh every time two sims TFB when one is set to "can not get pregnant"  :giggle:

:biglaugh:

Ignorance is bliss, eh?  :wink:
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2010, 05:10:46 AM »

Ndainye - I have the same settings as you in this neighbourhood. I will check tonight if there are still tries for a baby (most of the couples are unmarried). Maybe the setting was just "toned down" because with the previous version (plus Inteen), teenagers tried more or less every time regardless of their aspiration.

I did get an unmarried couple trying for a baby (unsuccessfully) but the female is a student and the male a teen, so I don't know if it is influenced by Inteen.

Apart from that my sims have been very uncooperative with regard to the testing. I still hope for some feedback for the jealousy issue reported above, because when I continued to play this household they did not attempt any ACR actions anymore. They must have been too frustrated.
If it happens in other households I would have to return to the previous ACR version.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2010, 05:12:16 PM »
I'm unable to figure out what could be causing your issue. Still looking though...
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2010, 08:04:15 PM »
I actually find it odd that teenagers should actually *try for baby* every time they woohoo... or at all.  In my experience, most teenage pregnancies would, I think, be attributed to *risky woohoo* - except, maybe, in cultures where it is common for teenagers to get married.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2010, 09:36:03 PM »
Interesting new option on the target sim: "Clean Up".  Clicking it adds the Influence action to the queue, which then drops out when active.

This can be disregarded.  I went back to the household where it happened, with the two sims that it happened with and it's not there.  I did remove the smootch package, so maybe it was that conflicting with smooch.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2010, 11:22:26 PM »
I did remove the smootch package, so maybe it was that conflicting with smooch.

I would have thought so....

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2010, 04:29:53 PM »
I'm unable to figure out what could be causing your issue. Still looking though...

It just happened again in another household. A similar situation, two males going steady with one woman who lives there, she has a child with a third, also living there. Her second "steady" boyfriend was asleep at the time but my guess is that it is somehow connected to syberspunk's go steady hack. I forced an error on the woman (who refused) and then forced an error on the male. Unfortunately my game was paused at the time and the logs were saved under the same name, the second overwriting the first. I still attach it, maybe it helps.

crazi_aboutu

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2010, 06:18:17 PM »
I do not have syberspunks go steady hack and I had a freeze in the hot tub but I din't even give it a 2nd thought. Just forced error so I will pay more attention if it happens again.  Unfortunately the only place I have hot tubs  is in university.

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2010, 05:23:43 AM »
I have another question regarding the autonomous break-up. I had two teens, 3-bolters, in love and each other "The One." However, they go steady and the bf goes home, shortly after I receive a message that they are no longer going steady. I check to see what is going on and they still show 3-bolts, in love, etc (without the going steady part as TJ fixed that). I can't figure out what prompted the break-up. No one was fooling around with anyone else and nothing had changed in their stats towards the other.

So what factors go into the autonomous break-up? If you have a couple that is very much in-love with the other, with no outside influence to change anything (ie cheating with another, etc) why did they "just break-up" for no apparent reason? :hmm:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2010, 06:12:10 AM »
Maybe dad didn't like the bf?

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2010, 07:43:22 AM »

So what factors go into the autonomous break-up? If you have a couple that is very much in-love with the other, with no outside influence to change anything (ie cheating with another, etc) why did they "just break-up" for no apparent reason? :hmm:

I don't have the autonomous break-up enabled because I noticed that my sims have short periods where "the One" is changing to someone else (while they are asleep for example or when I return after a rotation). It changes back to the "real" One quickly but since they immediately break up when it happens I thought it was just too risky. Strangely, these temporary fancies often happen with sims they find LESS attractive than their partner and not even married sims (who are usually more stable) are excluded.

Is there another sim one of them likes so much that this could have happened?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2010, 08:06:42 AM »
Family sims in particular, I've noticed, tend often to prefer a two- or even a one- bolter over a three... maybe they have some sense?

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2010, 08:39:13 AM »
These were two teens with no one else as "The One" but each other. Neither even had a crush on someone else.  :hmm:

Offline crzycman8

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2010, 11:24:22 AM »
Decided to take out old version of acr and install newest version today. I deleted all old files from folder an installed new ones. I also took out all files to inges use inaccessable beds for acr version 1 since it wasnt compatible. But when my sims go to woohoo autonoumously they cant use double beds. then the beds become unusable for sleep or relax. I had to turn on boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to force error so they could sleep in it again. after turning boolprop off they would try to woohoo in bed and would cause them to do the same thing over again where bed couldnt be used. I have no new downloads other than newest acr.
If you fail to change yourself how the h**l  do you think you can change the world.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2010, 11:39:37 AM »
Are you sure that you removed all old the ACR files?

Offline crzycman8

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »
I double check there were none there. I just took the new acr files and installed them over themselves and so far nothing is going wrong. is it possible one of my old files could have been hidden and when i did the overwrite it cleared the problem?
If you fail to change yourself how the h**l  do you think you can change the world.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »
Search for *smootch* - overwriting is always hazardous, since modders, like the rest of us, do occasionally make typos.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2010, 04:12:12 AM »
I had the chance to test this jealousy issue when I saved this particular family when a couple was routing for the bed.
I took the adultsgosteady hack out this morning although I ran a conflict check last night and it only showed the (known) conflicts with Inteen.

First I didn't change any of the settings. Woman was refused.
Next I removed the go steady relationship he has with the other woman with the blender. Woman was accepted, big happy smile on the man's face.
Next I changed the jealousy settings on the other woman (I already have the lot override set to "no jealousy") from "married only" to "no jealousy" but kept the go steady flag. Woman was refused.
Out of curiousity I then checked what happened if I removed the go steady flag with the woman he was currently engaged with. Not surprisingly she was refused.
With the set-up in this household (guy A goes steady with woman A + B, guy B goes steady with woman A) it means none of them are getting any.
Every possible combination in this house would result in a rejection because the way the new ACR version works in my game they are forced to keep their commitment regardless of their other settings.

Naturally those guys (with an autonomy of 5, jealousy of 0 and allowed to cheat left, right and centre) are not very happy with their new restrictions.

I attach another error log which I created last night. I can't really read them and mostly guess what the entries could mean but I imagine it is more telling to have an error log of the refusing sim.