Author Topic: ACR a la carte?  (Read 3544 times)

Offline quain

• Babbling Baby
  • What is Understood doesn't need to be Discussed.
ACR a la carte?
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:17:16 AM »
  I suggested this in the ACR thread but probably wasn't the place (I don't post a lot.) Is it possible to offer some features on a per case basis, particularly autonomous engagement?

I ask cuz I don't have AL/FT, and not really interested in getting them, to be honest. It takes forever to get the game running right again when I add a new EP, so the hassle isn't worth it, since my playtime is tightly budgetted as is.

Of course, if not, then that's life move on. But I love ACR 1. Once you learn how to tweak it it's like a new level of play. I been telling anyone who will listen to get it on pain of death. Surprise engagements(not weddings, for obvious reasons) would help in deciding who should be with who, when there's more than one love involved.

Thanks.

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey....

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: ACR a la carte?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:21:53 PM »
I think TJ has that planned for ACR2, but I don't know whether he will also add it to the original - I suppose if it uses the same coding, then it's a possibility.

Or maybe just an autonomous engagement mod?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »
Just making engagement autonomous would be extremely simple. Without ACR to give it some kind of control though it just wouldn't work. Sims would be incredibly stupid about it. I doubt I'll be able to add it to the old version of ACR, it would be too big a change to make.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline quain

• Babbling Baby
  • What is Understood doesn't need to be Discussed.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 01:15:18 AM »
Just making engagement autonomous would be extremely simple. Without ACR to give it some kind of control though it just wouldn't work. Sims would be incredibly stupid about it. I doubt I'll be able to add it to the old version of ACR, it would be too big a change to make.

Fair enough. I'm happy.
In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey....

anything