Author Topic: Teen Adult Interactions Disabled and Inteen  (Read 4695 times)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
Teen Adult Interactions Disabled and Inteen
« on: December 27, 2009, 10:25:45 AM »
I decided it was time for my neighborhood to crack down on lechers and pedophiles, so I disabled Teen and Adult Interactions.  For the most part it does what it's supposed to do.  Pregnant Teens are an exception.  As Inteen classifies them as adults, they can no longer have ACR driven relationships with their fellow teens, but can woohoo like rabbits with adults.

I haven't played one of my pregnant teens whose boyfriend grew up and went to Uni yet, but I have a feeling that they will loose their ability to have ACR driven interactions because one is a teen and the other a YA.  This should be an exception to the no teen adult interactions because of the preexisting romance before one aged to adult.

Looks like the dirty old men win, at least until some future version of ACR is available.

Offline GoldenBuffy

• Babbling Baby
Re: Teen Adult Interactions Disabled and Inteen
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:59:02 AM »
I must have my settings wrong since non of my teens even show attraction to any of my adults. Way back (like two years ago) I have one teen who had the hots for an adult who worked for her mom. The guy ended up falling for the teen instead of her mom and they are married now and have two kids. They at least waited to get married after she graduated college.

I think I need to stir a few things up in my hood. LOL

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Have spork, will travel.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »
Every once in a *great* while (actually rarely) I'll have an adult get the hots for a teen, but not the other way around and I have it enabled.  :hmm:
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 04:13:06 AM »
I've seen it once, but only just once. That teen didn't change her mind, no matter what I tried... When she went to college, I found that the relationship was a three-bolter! Go figure...

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 08:10:20 AM »
Looks like the dirty old men win, at least until some future version of ACR is available.

Because you enabled the adult-teen interactions for the sake of your teenage/YA couples?

One of my DV teens has an adult as the One sim but he is the only one. However, although I see a lot of adult-teen interactions in this neighbourhood, with the exception of a few (John Mole) I don't have many "dirty old men". I have a lot of women who have a taste for teenage boys but I don't get the feeling that the boys are opposed to it. I sometimes think that the women should give the young girls a chance who tend to be a bit more shy than the adults.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 09:56:51 AM »
The nearest I ever got to it happening, and I don't have it disabled globally if any of my sim-teens go off to Uni and leave a boy/girlfriend behind, was one of my sims arrived at Uni, never having even been kissed by anyone, and booty-called her father's friend.... 3 bolts, of course!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 10:34:32 AM »
The neighbourhood and the other settings are important. In Desiderata Valley I wanted to play a different idea. I haven't changed the default ACR relationship requirements in any of my neighbourhoods but I installed Inteen mainly to play in DV and have already decided that I will definitely not allow unmarried try for baby when I go back to play the others. I have teen pregnancies en masse and students who are already grandparents while they are still in their junior year.
Some sims are cheating in the other neighbourhoods too but it is an exception. In Desiderata Valley I wanted them to be promiscuous and they are acting it out as if they read my mind.
I haven't played the other neighbourhoods much since I installed Inteen but I don't expect that I will see many adult-teen relationships and affairs there. It is as if sims adapt to the mood of a hood after a while and begin to behave accordingly.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 12:16:37 PM »
Rather like the rarity of Pet-related wants in Desiderata compared to PV?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 12:55:07 PM »
Rather like the rarity of Pet-related wants in Desiderata compared to PV?

Strange that you mention it. There were no pet-related wants in the beginning and then one day they seemed to switch to a new set and there were pet-related wants everywhere. Maybe it is related to the seasons? It was very noticeable.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 02:39:50 PM »
Probably I didn't play DV for long enough - it was only a couple of kids, as far as I remember, who got the want, the Traveller child for one.