Author Topic: Questions (and Answers) about BO's mods  (Read 249343 times)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Re: Questions (and Answers) about BO's mods
« Reply #1450 on: January 03, 2014, 11:04:07 AM »
First, you should select Defender mode, "All - Dynamic", then "Hunger.../min 25", "Hunger.../max 100", and finally activate the Freak.

Or you could select the "None" preset, and then set minimal Hunger to 25 and maximal Hunger to 100.

If everything works as designed, this should handle your Sims' hunger only.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 11:19:11 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #1451 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »
I did both ways and all needs go down but hunger which stays about 60-65% unless they eat then it goes to 100.

Last set up was "All - Dynamic" and hunger to 25 min and 100 max.

Do I need to go to -75% so it will go down to 25 or what.

I have not used any of the -% ones.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1452 on: January 03, 2014, 12:52:46 PM »
Ah, I see the problem. The numbers in the Need Freak setup are not percentages. They are true values. On a scale of -100 to 100 (all needs work with that range), the 25% mark would be -50. So try the min value of -50 and the max value of 100. That should solve the problem.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #1453 on: January 05, 2014, 08:20:19 AM »
Ok thanks BO that works now.

Now the only need being taken care of is hunger just so my Sims don't die from it.

Is the -90% does that go to 10% then?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1454 on: January 05, 2014, 09:00:49 AM »
No, Mark. As I said before, there *are* no percentages in that menu! In this game the Maxoids decided to make all needs run from -100 to +100. SimPE uses those same numbers. Therefor I chose to use the same numbers as well. No complicated conversions, no confusion.

If you really need percentages, use the following table:

-100 = 0%
-90 = 5%
-75 = 12.5%
-50 = 25%
-25 = 37.5%
0 = 50%
25 = 62.5%
50 = 75%
75 = 87.5%
90 = 95%
100 = 100%

Anyway, I'm glad that it now works the way you wanted to have it :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:06:51 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #1455 on: January 05, 2014, 11:55:12 AM »
That clears it up, thanks for the info BO. :thumb:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1456 on: January 05, 2014, 12:49:21 PM »
You're welcome, Mark :)

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #1457 on: March 24, 2014, 10:04:04 PM »
I found myself today wanting to download pets and kids unattended, from here:  http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3005  but the file doesn't actually seem to be there and I just get a specified attachment not found message.  Have your files been moved somewhere else?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1458 on: March 25, 2014, 03:06:03 AM »
I hope not, Imalia. I myself at least, did not move anything around. Leefish has been reorganising some stuff, so maybe something broke. I'll ask her about it.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1459 on: March 25, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »
Ok, Imalia, the lost file was the result of a recent upgrade of Leefish' forum software. Lee has now fixed it, though, so you can pick the file up now, if you want :)

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #1460 on: March 25, 2014, 06:21:37 PM »
Thanks for checking things out :)  Downloaded the file no problems now.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1461 on: March 25, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »
You're welcome. :) No need to thank me. I'll do everything reasonably possible to help spreading my mods :D

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #1462 on: April 14, 2014, 10:29:07 PM »
I downloaded your No Sims Loaded and love it.  I'm using it in Pets Stories.  I had a problem at loading neighborhood, CAS, house lots, also saves on residential and community lot arrivals.  I kept get game not responding for about 5 seconds for each of these actions.  Since using this mod, I never get that problem and the game is running smoothly. Thanks for this mod.  I'm just curious though, what are the tokens and controllers?  Also, do I need the No Trash Memories while using this mod?   

A question about unlimited sims.  I have a family couple with the 10 kids want.  She doesn't get pregnant once 8 sims are there from using the try for baby.  I did use manipulator to see if it would work and did. Is this the only way to achieve this goal?  Adding sims to household won't work either, I attempted just to see if it would.  Is this mod just for the ask to move in?

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #1463 on: April 14, 2014, 11:35:52 PM »
Tokens contain information about a Sim, a lot, or a neighborhood.  For example, ACR settings and gossip.  In large or multi-generation 'hoods, gossip and other crud can bog your game down, as you've discovered.

As for Unlimited Sims, try running HCDU from http://www.simwardrobe.com to see if you've got another hack with a similar purpose.  BO's hack should load last.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1464 on: April 15, 2014, 01:31:30 AM »
Hi Duine, I'm happy to see that you like some of my mods. Thank you for your kind words.
I see that miros1 has already tapped into some of your questions (thanks, dear :)), but there's some thing I want to go into anyway...

I downloaded your No Sims Loaded and love it.  I'm using it in Pets Stories...  Since using this mod, I never get that problem and the game is running smoothly. Thanks for this mod.
You seems to have gotten the NSL working in Pets Stories, which is great. But remember, that it wasn't written for Pets Stories. So if something goes wrong as a result of using it there, I will not be able to help.

I'm just curious though, what are the tokens and controllers?
As miros already mentioned, tokens are bits of information that the game stores, a bit like a rolodex: every bit of information is written on a card, and that card is then added to the end of the wheel. The wheel gets fuller and fuller over time, because no cards are ever removed. No Sim Loaded gets rid of some of that junk. Controllers may be important sometimes, but when they have served their purpose, they should also be discarded. The game on its own makes a mess of such things.

Also, do I need the No Trash Memories while using this mod?
No, you do not strictly NEED No Trash Memories, really. But I *do* recommend that you try it. It helps keeping your game even cleaner.

A question about unlimited sims.  I have a family couple with the 10 kids want.  She doesn't get pregnant once 8 sims are there from using the try for baby.  I did use manipulator to see if it would work and did. Is this the only way to achieve this goal?  Adding sims to household won't work either, I attempted just to see if it would.  Is this mod just for the ask to move in?
You can always force a pregnancy with the Blender or Manipulator or even with InSimenator, I guess. But if you wish pregnancies to randomly occur from Woohoo/TFB beyond the 8 sims limit per household, the Unlimited Sims mod is ALWAYS needed. ALWAYS!!!

The BHAV that normally causes pregnancies, is rigged so that - before it makes the sim pregnant - it tests how many sims live on the lot. If there are eight, it simply refuses to impregnate your sim. The Unlimited Sims mod is actually a sort of hack on this test. It ALWAYS tells the pregnancy BHAV that there's only 1 sim living on the lot, so there's oodles of space for expansion!

However, it is possible that this mod just doesn't work in Pets Stories. I've made all my mods for The Sims 2, not for any of the stories. If something works with one of the stories, that's great. But there are no guarantees!

But the 10 kids want *can* also be handled without this mod. Once a few kids have grown up and moved out, the parents can have more kids. The moved out kids don't stop being their parents'  children. Means, however, that the parents will need Elixir to extend their life span, unless you have my Slow Aging mod or something similar to help...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:39:50 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #1465 on: April 15, 2014, 01:51:18 AM »
Or a teen moveout mod.

BO originally created NoSimLoaded because I asked for help with the token - sim - loaded which appears on every sim on your lot, and can cause slow loading and then jerkiness and lagging.  I was just so tired of going into SimPE before playing and removing the darned things manually.  (They are actually created, I think, when you close the lot, so they are there next time you play.)  BO then expanded the mod to include lots of other stuff that also causes lagging and slow loading. :thumb:
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Duine

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #1466 on: April 15, 2014, 03:52:39 AM »
I do have the teen moveout, haven't used it until the lot seems to be too much to handle the whole family.  The oldest 2 are natural twins and now teens and the last 2 were twins.  They're still babies, and there are some kids and toddlers.  So far there are 11 sims.  Aging off helps.   I'm not having any problems since adding no sims loaded, the game is running great now.  I do understand not getting help if the mod doesn't work, I test a few and if they don't seem right, I'll just remove.   Pets Stories is a bit boring and until I get someone to help clean up my Vista, I'm stuck on Windows 8 for now.   Thanks for the info, I like knowing a bit about what a mod is actually doing sometimes.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1467 on: April 15, 2014, 04:27:30 AM »
Could you not upgrade your Vista to W7?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #1468 on: April 15, 2014, 08:44:20 AM »
Duine I know this will sound like tutting my own horn but all my Base Game hoods will work in Pet Stories if you are looking for something new to try.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8845.0

You can place any one or all of them in and they will go into rotation and you can play them.

I use a lot of BO's mod in all 3 Stories games and have never ran into any problems yet. No Sims Loaded, No Trash Memories and Unlimited Sims mods and all work great.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #1469 on: July 18, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »
BO I download the Feed Baby - main special. I had been using Squinges nursing mod and I wanted to try yours.  I put it in my DL folder and ran the HCDU and there were no conflicts.  I went in-game and it was very noticeable that the mother didn't nurse the baby as often as before. At one point I became concerned since it had been hours since the infant had been fed so I used the Inges cat to make sure the baby wasn't hungry :lol: The baby needed changing and I wanted the sim to bathe the baby before changing the diaper (a little quirk of mine), this is when I noticed the option to bath the infant was disabled. At first I though it was the custom sink, which was odd since I had used the same sink to bath the baby the day before. I tried using a game sink and the option to bathe the infant was missing on that too. As experience has taught me I immediately thought about what changed in my game - when I removed your mod and put Squinges back in, the sinks option to bathe the infant was there. Was your mod supposed to disable bathing infants?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1470 on: July 18, 2014, 08:25:56 PM »
No, this should not be happening. I can't imagine why it does.

You're also the first person to report this issue, which might make one wonder in what way your game differs from others'. I myself have never gotten in this situation, because I use changing tables. They clean the baby up while changing diapers, so there's no need for bathing them.

Anyway, I'll investigate this issue once my system is back up. Thanks for reporting it, LilSister.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #1471 on: July 19, 2014, 05:15:35 AM »
Thanks BO. I often wonder why my game is a little different too :confused:

I like giving infants baths - it's a personal quirk.  After bathing the infant, the option to change the diaper is still available and it adds an additional relationship boost when you do so after bathing the infant.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:18:19 AM by LilSister »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1472 on: July 19, 2014, 05:27:17 AM »
True, putting in the bathing ritual boosts the relationship. But it takes such an awful lot of time! I prefer it to be over with, so they can PLAY with the baby for relationship points ;)

Offline NuclearFairy

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #1473 on: July 30, 2014, 01:21:17 PM »
I have a question about unlimited sims, if I have 8 or more sims on a lot will I still be able to adopt?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1474 on: July 30, 2014, 01:26:38 PM »
Of course! With the Unlimited Sims mod, an unlimited number of sims can live on every lot. And it doesn't matter how they get there. If your sims can still invite others to come live with them, and if they can still have babies - even twins or more - then there is nothing to stop them from adopting a little one, either.

Offline LunyKimberly

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
« Reply #1475 on: August 01, 2014, 10:45:09 AM »
Coming out of lurk mode for a quick question. Is your Gnome Hack compatible with Neder's Gnome Security @ MTS? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=325941

Cuz I love the ability to easily remove unwanted sims from the relationship panel that Monique's Gnome gives and while I like the thought of cutting down on what's cluttering my buy catalog... it's soo much fun seeing sims get electrocuted whenever they try to steal the gnome that Neder adds.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1476 on: August 01, 2014, 10:56:53 AM »
Actually, I'm not sure, LunyKimberly. The quickest way to find that out, would be to put both Neder's hack and mine in your Downloads folder, and run the HCDU (Hack Conflict Detection Utility, found at Paladin's Place.

If HCDU sees no conflict, I think you can safely try to have them in your game together. But if the HCDU reports a conflict, then I think they can't be combined. On the other hand, I don't think that Neder's mod will affect Monique's gnome either. But at least with that combo, you get to choose whether you use Neder's gnome or Monique's. With my mod, you wouldn't have that choice.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:58:29 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline LunyKimberly

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
« Reply #1477 on: August 01, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »
Checked these two with HCDU and came back with no conflicts. Opened both up in SimPE and unless something's really, really hidden, I don't see these conflicting. The only thing in Neder's mod is the BHAV function for stealing (instance 4098) and the adult animation strings (instance 129) needed for it - neither of which are in yours and looks like nothing close to calling those.

I'm in the process of reloading my game and getting all mods back in so it'll be a couple days before I can fully test in game but it doesn't look like I'll crash things combining them. :biglaugh:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1478 on: August 01, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »
I appreciate your daring and thoroughness, going into SimPE and all, LunyKimberly. Though, since the HCDU report was already empty, I think it was unnecessary. But now at least we can both be sure that there shouldn't be any issues. Thank you for reporting back.

I hope to learn more once you play-tested it??

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #1479 on: August 03, 2014, 10:45:55 AM »
Thanks BO. I often wonder why my game is a little different too :confused:

I like giving infants baths - it's a personal quirk.  After bathing the infant, the option to change the diaper is still available and it adds an additional relationship boost when you do so after bathing the infant.

Washing babies in the sink and taking pictures is the only good thing about babyhood.  Otherwise, I do the minimum to get them to toddlerhood so they're actually FUN!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1480 on: August 03, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »
You can actually get the older siblings to talk to the baby and build a high enough relationship score to be able to teach a nursery rhyme without spending ages building the relationship while the kid is a toddler.  Useful for those of you who like quads!

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #1481 on: August 03, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »
Oh, good!  I tend to keep the kids away from the babies and toddlers due to the stupid relationship destroying things that Maxis built in.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1482 on: August 03, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »
Parent has to be holding the baby.  Kids can also talk to belly - I had one do it autonomously!  Stops the jealousy.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #1483 on: August 08, 2014, 12:55:54 PM »
Ah!  That would help!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1484 on: August 08, 2014, 08:43:21 PM »
It does indeed!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1485 on: May 13, 2015, 05:08:25 PM »
This thread has not been posted in since last August, so here's to NECROMANCY!

Out of the blue, I've made an...

UPDATE May 14th, 2015: BO - No Sim Loaded - Version 1.03:
At long last, I've finally cleaned up the initial version which ONLY removes the "Token - Sim - Loaded" tokens. This means that upon lot load, the mod performs a forced restart to make sure it runs properly. And since these tokens do not return until you save and reload the lot, there is no need for the program to continue running in the background when it's done. The forced restart will kick in when you load another lot (even the same lot) from the neighborhood screen!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:10:27 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
UPDATE: No Sim Loaded v1.04
« Reply #1486 on: May 21, 2015, 02:06:26 AM »
UPDATE May 21st, 2015BO - No Sim Loaded - Version 1.04:

A silly error was introduced in version 1.03. At the end of the MAIN BHAV, I tried to Return True! And as a result, it threw a Stack Underflow Error. That is not surprising. Where was it supposed to return to? To nothing? At the end of the MAIN BHAV in any mod, if you have no other point to jump back to, you *ALWAYS* initiate an endless IDLE-loop for 30,000 ticks (16 min, 40 sec).

That is now fixed. With my apologies.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:00:45 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
UPDATE: Spawn Objects v1.03
« Reply #1487 on: May 21, 2015, 04:12:49 AM »
UPDATE May 21st, 2015: BO - Spawn Objects - A new data file (v1.03) is available, adding a new object - The Bottomless Bottle added in response to a request by "Duine". The bottle is available from both the "Inge..." and the "BoilingOil..." sub-menus. You can have only one of these bottles in your game, but the game doesn't know which one you have, because they both have the same GUID and identical functionality. So it seemed proper to mention it in both menus.
Simply overwrite the existing data.package with the new one in this zip-file, and you'll be good-to-go again. Have fun!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:00:18 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
UPDATE: Food Dish Autonomy v1.06
« Reply #1488 on: May 23, 2015, 04:35:45 AM »
UPDATE, May 23rd, 2015 (mod filedate April 30st, 2012): BO - Food Dish Autonomy - Version 1.6 is a cleaned-up version that I meant to release three years ago, but did not get around to before my system broke. I cannot determine if this update fixes anything important other than just efficiency and filesize, so I'm not saying that one must re-download. UNLESS one encounters any kind of issues with the previous version, in which case that is my *first* advise. Because I *do* recall some people reporting problems long ago, but as long as I have been running this version, I have not seen any issues myself. So if you're not yet using version 1.6, in case of any issues I will not be able to offer any support other than "Oh my, I'm so sorry for your troubles...".
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:59:40 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
UPDATE: Social Group Greetings v1.01
« Reply #1489 on: May 26, 2015, 03:54:26 AM »
UPDATE May 26th, 2015: BO - Social Group Greetings - v1.01 - Special feature! This mod could already load side-by-side with Marhis' AL Social Groups for playables without any conflicts, but that wasn't enough for me. So now  my (and your) sims can recognize Marhis' Social Group playables as I call them, too. But for those *custom groupies* to be included, you *must* have Marhis' mod installed! After all, I want her to get the rightful credit as well!
One little extra: because they are such Show Offs, Very Outgoing Sims (7+ in Outgoingness) no longer need to be Nice or have high Charisma to use this power.

POWER!!!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:57:03 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
UPDATE: Step-Family Romance
« Reply #1490 on: June 04, 2015, 03:28:38 AM »
UPDATE June 4th, 2015: BO - Step-family Romance - An alternative (alt) version of this mod is now available for testing!
Just like the original, this version will ignore the relations between step-siblings. As far as the game understands it, with this mod step-siblings are just perfect strangers to each other, and can get as romantic amongst themselves as they like!
But un-like the original, this version is supposed to still recognize step-parent/step-child relationships, so a sim will still be able to encourage their step-children (or any other parenting options that might depend on this test). This also means that romance between a sim and their step-parent or step-child will NOT be possible.
But remember: this alternate version is not yet tested, so - although I anticipate no issues - I can not yet guarantee that it works properly for all games.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:46:27 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
UPDATE: Social Group Greetings v1.02
« Reply #1491 on: June 06, 2015, 06:45:37 PM »
UPDATE June 7th, 2015: BO - Social Group Greetings - Version 1.02 - This version fixes a bug where the mod failed to flag visitors/walkbys as greeted, even after succesfully performing the right greet.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:47:10 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
UPDATE: Slow Aging Controller v1.01
« Reply #1492 on: June 08, 2015, 05:45:45 AM »
UPDATE, June 8th, 2015: BO - Slow Aging Controller - Version 1.01 - I've finally fixed the menu, so the Aging options will not appear on babies anymore. Also cleaned up some typos in the description...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:47:39 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
UPDATE: No Trash Memories v1.03
« Reply #1493 on: June 11, 2015, 04:23:06 AM »
UPDATE, June 11th, 2015: BO - No Trash Memories - Version 1.03 - Several players have requested that I make the Moved In/Out memories configurable. So now I have. Lines 0x29 and 0x2A in the BCON govern them, and as always, the default settings reflect my preference - my sims do not get these memories. If you want your sims to get those memories, set the relevant lines to 1 yourself.

NOTE: Be aware that updating your version of this mod causes all settings to revert to default. If you made changes before, make notes of them before updating, and restore those settings yourself after installing the new version.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:46:24 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1494 on: July 19, 2015, 01:07:39 PM »
UPDATE July 19th, 2015: BO - Step-family Romance - I've decided to declare the test phase succesfully completed: 33 downloads so far, and no bug reports. And in my own game the alt version has been performing splendidly as well. I think it's safe to use.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1495 on: August 12, 2015, 06:04:26 AM »
UPDATE August 12th, 2015: BO - Get Leftovers Fix - As of today, I have decided to discontinue support for this mod. For the sake of my stats I will not remove the download, so if you wish to use it, go right ahead. But if you run into trouble, I'll recommend using Cyjon's No Food Theft in stead. It is shorter, much more elegant, and less likely to fail.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:06:45 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1496 on: March 01, 2016, 12:44:44 PM »
UPDATE, March 1st, 2016: BO - Food Dish Autonomy - It seems that I have mis-represented this mod's requirements. The minimal EP required is "Bon Voyage", not "Seasons" as I stated earlier. I'm deeply ashamed of this screw-up, for which I offer my most sincere apologies.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1497 on: March 15, 2016, 08:48:02 AM »
UPDATE, March 15th, 2016: BO - Multi-key Dorm Doors -  Added French translation, courtesy of Essa.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #1498 on: March 17, 2016, 02:54:45 PM »
I don't like the idea spawning yet another group of NPCs to produce the Social Groupies (and I don't particularly like the group "uniforms") so I use Cyjon's Townie Tenants to move in Townies (as non-playables) instead. 

My probably totally whacked idea: If I pass out Marhis's gizmos when I create my custom Townies, they'll have both the functions of Townies and Social Groupies.  Then your hack will let them do their secret handshakes and whatnot.  Am I following all this correctly?

Idea for assigning gizmos to each Townie:  I suppose I'll have to have some idea of which clothes should go to which Social Group or else I'll have techies in tuxedos and socialites in rags. 

Does this sound reasonable?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 11:54:58 AM by miros1 »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1499 on: March 17, 2016, 04:13:15 PM »
I'm certain that anysim carrying any of them supplies will be recognized as social townies of the appropriate type. Whether they'll autonomously *initiate* the appropriate social group behavior, however, remains to be seen, but they may *respond* correctly.

With respect to clothing: yeah, that sounds like sound logic. :p

anything