Author Topic: Questions (and Answers) about BO's mods  (Read 249531 times)

Offline AlfredAskew

• Toddling Tot
Re: Questions (and Answers) about BO's mods
« Reply #1400 on: October 23, 2012, 05:03:47 PM »
Ooooo... shiny

Offline katsim

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #1401 on: December 02, 2012, 08:58:04 AM »
Hi BO, Concerning your mods 'No Sim Loaded' and 'No Trash Memories' if I used a custom maxis empty neighbourhood which comes with the game and also never used any of the maxis built houses etc, but instead built my own, would your mods prevent all of the corruptions which are known to be there, as I am trying to set up a very clean neighbourhood, I'm concerned with using the empty/clean neighbourhood templates over at 'moreawesomethanyou' as I have windows 7  :nervous:  I do have antiredundancy and notownieregen also No Newpaper Delivery Globalcpl, I'm going on the fact that your mods really clean alot of stuff up and also prevent a lot of corruption taken place in the first place  :smile:
Also would I be correct in thinking 'No Sim Loaded' and 'No Trash Memories' don't require any certain EP's, my last EP is OFB and so far these mods are working great in my game, but I just thought to check this out to be sure  :smile:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:00:00 AM by katsim »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #1402 on: December 02, 2012, 10:00:39 AM »
The descriptions on the download pages of those mods, say that these work in ANY configuration, even with only the basegame. So with OFB you should also be good, Katsim. You only need to be sure that you have Cyjon's Smarter EP Check installed, and then it works.

Further, these mods actually don't do much in the way of corruption prevention. They only prevent your games from collecting too much unnecessary garbage information. The kinds of garbage that they prevent or remove, is mentioned in the description on the download pages as well. These mods do that in all games, in all hoods, whether they are original EA hoods or custom made and cleaned-up hoods.

Does that answer your questions, or have I forgotten something?

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline katsim

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #1403 on: December 02, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »
That's fine BO :smile: I do have Cyjon's Smarter EP Check installed  :thumb: thank you again for taking the time to help  :smile:  I have just added in some more of your mods  - 'No Lost Friend Notifications'  - 'Shoppers Respect Privacy' - 'Sanitary Sanity' they are fantastic  :thumb:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1404 on: December 02, 2012, 10:39:23 AM »
You learn quickly, Katsim. :thumb: Helping you is quite rewarding a task, no problem at all :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #1405 on: January 02, 2013, 02:57:25 AM »
With your slow aging controller, you mention that the aging configuration can be changed.  I'd like to change the twice a week aging to Weds and Sun instead of Thurs and Sun. (the way I play Weds and Sun are the ends days of my rotations).  Is this something that can be changed, and if so, could you please point this modding newbie in the right direction for how?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1406 on: January 02, 2013, 04:26:45 AM »
If you check the configuration file (the BCON in the package), you'll see that there is no setting that changes on which days sims age up. I never thought of making that possible.

The days at which sims age a day, are actually derived from a maths function. The days of the week are numbered: 0=monday, 1=tuesday, etc. The last day of the week is Sunday (6).
Aging twice a week happens on days 3 and 6, aging three times means on days 2, 4 and 6. That's how the days are determined.

So I'm sorry, but what you want is not possible in the mod as it is now. I'll think of making a different version if and when I get back to modding. Alas, that's the best I can promise at the moment.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #1407 on: January 02, 2013, 05:03:02 AM »
I did have a poke around and couldn't find anything to change the days of the week, which is why I asked.  :smile:  It's not a major problem, I can just switch the three and four day rotations so I play mon-thurs and then fri-sun and have them age on the last day of each rotation.  Thanks for your answer.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1408 on: January 02, 2013, 10:14:24 AM »
I think that switching your rotations as you said, would indeed be best, for now.

However, I'm not entirely certain - and can't check it myself at the moment - but it *is* possible that there is another BCON resource in the package. If there is, then it may contain the following set of numbers: 00, 40, 48, 54, 7F. It's also possible that this list of numbers appears in reverse order.

If you can find such a set, then change the value '48' so it will read '44' in stead. If all is well, that *might* change the twice-a-week setting to use wednesday and sunday, in stead of thursday and sunday. However, if you try this, it's at your own risk.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #1409 on: January 02, 2013, 05:05:31 PM »
The other BCON, is indeed there.  I'll change the 48 to 44 and test it out in a spare 'hood and let you know :)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1410 on: January 02, 2013, 06:07:04 PM »
Great. Understand that, although I appreciate why you wish to try this (I would try it too, if I were in your place), and I'm curious to hear how it works out, I still believe that it would be safer to switch your rotations. Good luck :thumb:

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #1411 on: January 05, 2013, 10:29:47 AM »
Finally got a chance to try and test this.  That does seem to work, they now age on Wednesdays and Sundays.  Going to play around in a spare hood a little while longer in case anything crops up before I put it in my main game folder.

Offline Orilon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #1412 on: January 26, 2013, 04:12:53 PM »
Apparently it still wants you to hire a nanny if the parents want to go on vacation and leave the kid at home even with Pets and Kids unattended.

Mortimer Goth got re-married to Bella (I'm using Tarlia's cleaned Pleasantview and she brought Bella back) and while Cassandra was at work and Alexander was at school, I tried to have him go on his honeymoon. I got a pop up about someone needing to house sit, so I canceled the vacation.

After everyone got home from school and work, Mortimer was able to go on his vacation with Bella  since Cassandra was home to watch after Alexander.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1413 on: January 26, 2013, 08:39:46 PM »
Yes, I know, Orilon. Sending someone to college also has this issue. If I ever get my hardware fixed, I'll have to try and fix these things...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #1414 on: January 26, 2013, 09:25:58 PM »
Still broken, huh?  Doesn't virtual life suck at times! :hug:
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline nooobody

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #1415 on: January 29, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »
Can I remove fight memories with "No Trash Memories"? My apartment sims are fighting like crazy and their memories are being spammed:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1416 on: January 29, 2013, 02:43:09 PM »
If you read the description of the mod, you'll note that removing already existing memories is something it will NOT do. Also, the chart included in the description lists all the memories currently affected by the mod, and the Fight memories are NOT mentioned.

So, what does this tell you? NO, my mod will not help you here.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1417 on: January 29, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
I think this is where you need the FFS Debugger.  Also check Pescado's other mods to see if there is a no fight memory spam hack.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline MaryH

• Tempermental Tyke
  • Otherwise known as Mary of H.
« Reply #1418 on: January 29, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »
I'd like to poke my two cents worth in about memories: Mootilda made a marvelous program that checks and deletes some memories from the game, and it cleans up neighborhoods as well:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=456523

The HoodChecker found corruption. Now what?

You can use a number of tools to try to fix the corruption. Many Relationships, Family Ties, and Memories can be changed or removed using SimPE. The HoodChecker report includes the instance number or GUID of any invalid references, to aid you in fixing the problems. Post #4 contains a list of memories and tokens, along with an explanation of the expected data for each memory. As well, there are other tools, such as Pescado's Lot Debugger mod which can fix problems.
Perhaps that could help you identify the bad memories and isolate them in SimPe, which is what you'll have to do eventually anyway, because if nothing else removes them, that means you will have to manually.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:38:14 PM by MaryH »

Offline nooobody

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #1419 on: January 29, 2013, 03:50:02 PM »
If you read the description of the mod, you'll note that removing already existing memories is something it will NOT do. Also, the chart included in the description lists all the memories currently affected by the mod, and the Fight memories are NOT mentioned.

So, what does this tell you? NO, my mod will not help you here.

Hi, I didn't want to remove existing memories just prevent new fight memories. Thanks anyway.

Offline JdaCapo

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #1420 on: February 01, 2013, 03:17:16 PM »
I like your 'no lecherous drama professors' mod, but I was wondering if you could make other mods where the drama professors would have a 100/100 or other high relationship with the students and just attempt to do things like hugging(but not flirting) with people they met, or adding the requirement that the person they meet has to have the young adult flag. I mean, some people might want to have overly-friendly drama profs, but not ones that create cow-mascot flirt situations that cause jealousy with fiances and potentially ruin the chances of a Family sim reaching Golden Anniversary.

By the way, I found out how to tweak the want-trees so other aspirations besides Knowledge will either want to become certain paranormals, or at least be neutral towards them. The way I have it set up is:

Knowledge - no change
Family - wants to become witch or plantsim, fears self or others being cured, neutral to becoming werewolf or vampire, or being cured of those states, and fears others being cured, averse towards zombiism
Romance - wants to become witch, vampire or werewolf, fears the cure, indifferent towards plantsimism, averse towards zombiism
Pleasure - Pretty much the Knowledge defaults except for zombiism
Fortune and Grilled Cheese - Indifferent towards all lifestates except zombiism
Popularity - No change

So for example, in this one combined hood I'm playing, every playable sim(except for Bigfoots) has Romance as a secondary. That would mean that while Ophelia Nigmos would want to become a witch and plantsim, and possibly even a vampire and werewolf, Johnny Smith would be open to all except one - he would probably not like the idea of the love of his life becoming a "refugee from a succotash"(to quote Dr. McCoy from a Star Trek novel: "Mutiny on the Enterprise" )

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1421 on: February 01, 2013, 04:19:28 PM »
Hi JdaCapo,

At present, there is no way for me to make ANY mods, alas, because my PC doesn't run very stable.

If I ever do get it fixed, though, I will look into your request concerning the lechers. Some of it I'm sure can not be done, but some of it seems quite doable. For example: I think a YA-check could possibly be included, but limiting a lecher's actions to hugging in stead of flirting may prove impossible. I'll think it over...

I would like it if you could send me a PM with an explanation on how to tweak want-trees. I'd like to examine your method and maybe figure out how to use it myself :)

Offline shuttlegrannyjo

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #1422 on: March 11, 2013, 01:12:48 PM »
Not sure if I'm asking in the right place and if not, please forgive me.  But...I have a rather strange question (I'm sure).

I rarely play in body shop and decided to, today, and I saw the PTs from your (8)-multi PT mod and was wondering if it would hurt anything if I put them in my game to play (like I would a "normal" sim) or would that possibly mess up anything when it comes to abductions?

Thank you
Jo

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1423 on: March 11, 2013, 02:12:19 PM »
This question would have fitted better in the general help area, Jo. But I don't mind a little derailment.

If you make a new sim in CAS, you can use ANY model you find there. And yes, this includes my custom PTs :D Go ahead and go crazy with them :)

Offline shuttlegrannyjo

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #1424 on: March 11, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »
"Go ahead and go crazy with them" ...Most definitely will  :thumb:  (feeling like a kid on Christmas day, now!!  :biglaugh: )

And thank you for the info on where this should have been posted - wasn't quite sure since it kinda-sorta involved your multi PTs  :blush:

Jo

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1425 on: July 08, 2013, 01:42:53 AM »
Does Random Jobs allow visitors to autonomously look for jobs?  Object Error attached.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1426 on: July 08, 2013, 02:57:39 AM »
Got any other formats available, JV? Can't process 7z on my iPad.

Anyway, I've never touched the permissions on any of the actions for anysim, so visitors should not be doing that ever, unless some OTHER mod allows them to. And I must admit I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to mess with that.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1427 on: July 08, 2013, 03:41:54 AM »
If you say you never touched it, that's good enough for me.  I'll dig around and see what else I have that could be the problem.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1428 on: July 08, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »
I'd appreciate it if you let me know when you find something, JV.

Offline venusking

• Toddling Tot
  • Download junkie
« Reply #1429 on: July 29, 2013, 01:05:37 PM »
Hi BO,

I'm having a problem with the Slow Aging Controller hack. Since I'm sure it works for everyone else, I assume something is wacky on my end. It works fine for every life stage except elder. When the sim ages to elder, the game crashes. The aging process starts, the music starts, then crash. I went through the whole removing this folder and that and testing over and over. It finally came down to this one mod. The only conflict with this mod is Inteen and this mod loads last, so I can't figure it out. Any ideas? I really, really love this mod and don't want to lose it...

Attached is the conflict report.

ETA: I have all EP's and SP's except Holiday Stuff. I never had any other aging mods. The default aging set for elders was normal.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:19:39 PM by venusking »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1430 on: July 29, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
Hi Venusking,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. It's hard to imagine what could be going wrong and the conflict report tells me nothing here, but I'll try to help.

Could you tell me more about this elder it happens with? Such as, are they any kind of 'supernatural', and if so, which? What aging settings have you set for that breed, and for this sim?
Also, could you try having testingcheats on while they age up? I hope it'll produce an error report in stead of (or just before) crashing and I'd like to see that error report.

Offline venusking

• Toddling Tot
  • Download junkie
« Reply #1431 on: July 29, 2013, 01:49:09 PM »
I thought the hack report might be useless, but you never know. It was just a normal sim and his current aging was set to 'Normal'. The default setting for adults is 3 times a week, but I wanted this particular household to age up faster. It was a premade sim if that makes a difference. I thought perhaps it was the lot or the sim so I changed households and tried another sim (also premade). The same thing happened. I even tried different methods of aging to see if I could get around the error, no luck. I'll try with testing cheats on when I play tonight and see if I can get an error before the crash.  I'll also try a CAS or BIG sim to see if that makes a difference. I didn't think about that when I was testing  :blush:

Thanks for looking into it.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1432 on: July 29, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
For the way aging works, premades should be no different than any other sim.

In fact, aging them up early should not make a difference either, but still I'm curious what would happen if you let him age up in his own time.

Offline venusking

• Toddling Tot
  • Download junkie
« Reply #1433 on: July 29, 2013, 04:05:46 PM »
I did let him age up in his own time. That was the first crash. The other times I tried other methods in hopes that aging him early and using different methods might get around the issue somehow. Still, I could have sworn that I had the mod in when a CAS sim aged up with no problem. Anyhow, I'll let ya know...

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1434 on: July 29, 2013, 04:53:21 PM »
It is a bit of a stretch, I know, but I gotta ask: does this sim - and others you tried it with - use some kind of custom skin, perhaps? And if so, have you verified that this skin has the proper Elder components too?

Because from what I know, crashes don't usually occur just from a bad mod - an error report is more likely -, but they will certainly occur with bad skins.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:55:31 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline venusking

• Toddling Tot
  • Download junkie
« Reply #1435 on: July 30, 2013, 08:19:47 AM »
Hi BO,

I took the whole skins folder out as one of my tests because that was one of my first thoughts as well - same result. Anyway, I played last night with testing cheats on and didn't get an error before the crash unfortunately. However, I did confirm that it is just premades (or just premades in my game at least). Bizarre  :hmm: Since I rarely play the premades, it's not a big deal. I'll work around it. No doubt, the premades are corrupt in that neighborhood for some odd reason, which has nothing to do with your mod.

Thanks for your help   :smile:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1436 on: July 30, 2013, 08:31:32 AM »
Once my PC works again, I will investigate this. Because I *do* play some premades myself, and I'd rather not run into such trouble. Thanks for keeping me up-to-date, Venusking. It's much appreciated. :thumb:

BTW: could you tell me which hood this is, that you're having the issue with?

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1437 on: July 30, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »
Do you have Inteen and did you spawn the biological clock for premades?  Maxis screwed the pooch with their initial set of characters for the unsuspecting public to play.  Jase managed to make the necessary fixes with the clock spawning.  If for no other reason, installing Inteen for this purpose, then removing it if you don't want it is a good idea.

Offline venusking

• Toddling Tot
  • Download junkie
« Reply #1438 on: July 30, 2013, 02:17:43 PM »
@BO - it's Riverblossom Hills.

@ancienthighway - I do have Inteen, but I didn't spawn the clock for these premades (they were male and I never had a reason to do so). I'll give that a try, though. Thanks.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #1439 on: July 31, 2013, 09:26:55 PM »
Darn, I remember this problem from months ago and can't remember the solution!  It'll  probably come to me at 3 am or so.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
    • LilSister's Sims Family Affair
« Reply #1440 on: September 03, 2013, 08:21:42 AM »
Hi BO - remember a while back when you said I was one of the few people who didn't have a problem with the toddler rider mod? Well suddenly, my toddlers refused to get in the car. They would start for the car and then stop as the action was cancelled. I tested all the families with toddlers and the same thing happened. I would have to leave the house without saving in order to play. However, they didn't have a problem riding to community lots in a taxi. Well for the life of me I couldn't figure out problem.

I then notice that your mod BO sellable cars didn't work as it should. When I clicked on the car the option to sell the car didn't appear. At this point I still didn't put two and two together and played with the defects. I've had your mod in game for a while and never used it until now. I have a sim that makes his living selling restored cars. Well it finally dawned on me that perhaps there could be a conflict with one of my other mods - I stil didn't suspect that these two mods didn't work well together.

I scanned my whole DL folder with the hack detector and guess what? The puppy/toddler rider mod and your sellable car mod conflicts. Go figure.  Now I had to make a choice. Having my toddlers being able to ride to community lots is something that I can't live without. I liked your mod because you don't have to go into buy mode to sell the car. Other than pointing out the obvious - I had a question. In the mods description you mentioned that selling the car via buy mode does not add to the Sims personal wealth; would you explain that for me as I don't understand. The money is added to the household funds and now that his funds have increased his family is now recognized by the game as wealthy Sims and are able to go to lots that they were once banned from (these lots are for rich Sims only). Please forgive me for the long post.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1441 on: September 03, 2013, 08:47:47 AM »
Thank you for this report, LilSister.

I think you could still use my mod in combo with the toddler rider mod, if my mod loaded first. But I'm not sure if the selling option would work, which is the only reason to have my mod in the first place.

Now as for your question: yes, the money is properly added to the family funds. That is not the problem. The problem is somewhere else. Each sim has their own internal counter - a Personal Wealth meter - which indicates how much of the family's funds were collected by that sim alone.
When two sims live together, any money that they bring in, goes into the shared household funds. But the money that is brought in by sim A, is counted on sim A's personal wealth, whereas the money brought in by sim B is counted in sim B's personal wealth. This personal wealth is what is measured for memories about how much money a sim has earned in their lifetime.

Without my mod, your sims' personal wealth will not be updated when you sell cars, which is a bummer for Fortune sims, who live and die by their personal wealth counters.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1442 on: September 03, 2013, 12:39:21 PM »
My recolors of the restoreable car do conflict with BO's mod, and I don't know if they show up as a conflict or not.  If you have them, remove them and see if BO's car works as advertised.

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #1443 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »
Thanks BO for explaining the personal wealth - let me see if I understand correctly - the personal wealth meter is when the Sims get the memory of made $5000 OR $25,000, is that correct? If so the Sim in question received that memory along with his brother who lives in the same household and they work together. The car restoration business is located on the home lot, where there is also a home business on top of the garage (it's a small after-hour spot w/bar and poker  :cheese:). I remember both of them getting the dollar signs - based what you have explained perhaps these memories were from the fact that your mod was installed at the time; the selling option wasn't available I had to do it manually.

Both brothers are Pleasure/Popular Sims and are self-employed (I have a self-employed career mod that removes the unemployed stigma from Sims that have businesses as their main source of income) they are not so concerned with money as they are with the things that the money can buy  :P

I didn't test the compatibility with your mod loading first - I did it yours loading last. I will try it with the load order reversed and see what happens.

Thanks, AH I don't have your recolors installed I took heed to BO's warning and removed them.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1444 on: September 03, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »
In a (home)business, the business owner AND his/her relatives who live on the same lot may all get the personal wealth upgrade, if the object is sold to another sim as part of normal business operations. But this happens ONLY because there is a business on the lot, and only if they sell to a sim. Because if you sell through build/buy mode, it doesn't count. EVER!

If there was not a business on the lot, only ONE sim would get the personal wealth from a sale: the person actually selling the item! But again NOT when selling through build/buy mode!

When you sell through build/buy mode, the money will properly be added to family funds, but neither sim can claim to have earned that money. EVER! In this case, it doesn't matter if there is a business running.

My mod helps sell cars without using build/buy mode. But if you have my mod and STILL use build/buy mode, then it doesn't work. You could then just as well remove my mod again, because it serves no purpose.

Selling from INVENTORY may still work to update personal wealth, though. And in a business, it might even work for the whole family/household.

And I understand how you had my mod loading last. Normally that is what I recommend for all my mods. But normally, I also recommend NOT using any of dickhurt/dumbfool's mods. But you do that anyway, so maybe in this case reversing load order helps. And if it does not help, then I'm terribly sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:42:36 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1445 on: September 03, 2013, 05:44:37 PM »
One thing you have to be careful of.  Your mod doesn't *click in* until your sim has left the driveway and is no longer linked to the car.  So, if someone is impatient, doesn't think the mod is working and uses Build/Buy mode to sell the car, this will, obviously, invalidate the option to sell the car and add it to personal wealth.  I also, always, make sure my sim doesn't finish the car just before midnight, or by the time they have left the driveway, the car has lost value.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #1446 on: September 03, 2013, 05:48:34 PM »
True! Finishing a car just before midnight is not wise at all. And you are so right about having the sim walk away from the driveway, ZZ. The option does not show if you click the sim before he finished walking away. :thumb:

Offline LilSister

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #1447 on: September 03, 2013, 08:24:51 PM »
Thank you BO for explaining and now I have a better understanding of your mod and I've learned some things that I can pass on to others. Unfortunately, load order doesn't matter the two mods don't work together which is O.K. for me. Toddlers having the ability to go to community lots is an integral part of my game play. I'm glad to have found out what was causing the problem.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #1448 on: September 04, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »
You could always use Inge's cat or the Blender to transport them there.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #1449 on: January 03, 2014, 10:45:02 AM »
Hi BO, on your "Need Freak" mod how do I set it where it only handles hunger so it can go down to 25% but need the Sims to cook to get it to go up.

Every option I have tried makes all needs go up to 50% after hitting 25%.

I want to turn off for all but hunger.

Or a mod that will not let Sims die by hunger will also do for me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:46:41 AM by mark93 »

anything