Author Topic: Questions (and Answers) about BO's mods  (Read 249135 times)

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
Re: BoilingOil's tiny first steps into modding...
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2010, 12:03:31 AM »
Ditto what Sleepy said...thanks BO! :thumb:
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2010, 04:37:11 AM »
I'm glad y'all like it. :thumb: I simply had trouble deciding which one to choose... Then I was like: why not take them all at once??? Apparently, some of you agree ;)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2010, 06:25:42 AM »
Most definitely!

Also, thanks for including the pet names too!

(I known I'll pretty much alone when it comes to dogs & cats in the game, but it was cool you *remembered* the weirdos like me!)
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2010, 06:47:31 AM »
Actually, it's the other way around! I *am* one of the 'weirdos' myself, after all. My sims seldom have pets, and they usually fence off their yards against strays, but I like those furries around for my Sims to play and socialize with... beats talking to gnomes, if you ask me ;)

In fact, I remembered to also make a version stripped of all pets, for 'squares' (no offence <evil grin>) like AncientHighway, who would not have the little critters around... And 3 people picked that one up, so... Anyway, the pets version is more popular :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:51:42 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2010, 06:48:29 AM »
Not quite alone, around half my families have at least one pet!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2010, 07:06:31 AM »
Wow- you mean for once I'm not a completely lone wolf?

Neat!

BO: I had to laugh when I saw that you use a 25% pregnancy chance in your Alien Abductions mod, as that's exactly what I was going to set my odds to! (Great minds, eh?  :biglaugh: )

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2010, 07:10:19 AM »
Out of all the families I have in the sims, in 5 neighborhoods, there's maybe about 10 families that have no pets at all. So no, you're definitely not alone.  :cheese:
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2010, 08:28:50 AM »
...In fact, I remembered to also make a version stripped of all pets, for 'squares' (no offence <evil grin>) like AncientHighway, who would not have the little critters around...

What can I say. I'm a grumpy old man that has a dog and two cats in real life that are constantly bugging me for belly rubs and face washes.  I don't have to subject my sims to such misery!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2010, 08:39:09 AM »
I bet you're the one who gets lumbered with changing the cat litter and scraping up the dog poo!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2010, 08:43:28 AM »
 :biglaugh:

I suppose you're also the one always yelling "Hey! You kids! Get off my lawn!", preferably while you spray the trespassing rats with your garden hose, right?

(I've always envisioned myself becoming "The Crazy Old Lady With All The Dogs Who Lives On Top Of The Hill." The top of the hill is important as it will allow me to reign fiery death upon all below....)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2010, 08:57:35 AM »
Yeah, the garden hose with one of those pest sprayer attachments. :rant:

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2010, 09:00:43 AM »
Yeah, the garden hose with one of those pest sprayer attachments. :rant:

:biglaugh:

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2010, 01:26:56 PM »
I had a half-alien sim who got abducted and got pregnant, then as soon as he landed, he looked through the telescope again and got abducted and pregnant again.... (yes, chimes each time he landed)... of course, I was using an *always abduct* hack at the time!

I find this really strange and it makes me wonder what would happen if a sim who is already pregnant (given that you have a mod which allows either pregnancy for males or pregnancies for abducted females) is abducted by aliens? Since the possibility is not there in an unmodded game maybe there is no check for that. Would the alien pregnancy override the first one? Or would you get "half-twins"?

Something completely different: I still get the errors with the mirror and whether I get the rewards or the error when they change appearance is solely a matter of the load order and I have concluded that it is the Insimenator because it is the only mod I have which has similar options. I wonder why it does not show up as a conflict though.
It's not dramatic and I simply use the Blender when I want to change their appearance.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2010, 01:46:59 PM »
Ah, yeah... that blasted Mirror problem. I must tell you, I'm completely stumped by that one. My mod does not touch/alter any of the normal mirror interactions.

Since you mention the Insimenator, suddenly I'm thinking of load order again, since many things just come down to that. I suspect you have my mod loading as one of the last? If it loads after the Insimenator, maybe you could try to have it load just *before*, and vice versa.

I'd love for this thing to work as well for you as it does for others, but if the above doesn't change anything, I must give up. I have no other ideas, and don't know what else to say/do. I'm sorry that you seem to be the one getting the short end of the stick... :hmm:

And since you mentioned the Skin issue... there's another thing I don't get: if the Alien skin is dominant in the first generation alien offspring, how come Jill Smith, (PT#9's daughter) isn't green? ;) EAxis changed the rules there, I guess...

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »
OOH!  New shinies!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »
Well, I guess that Maxis felt they could do whatever they liked with the rules of the game they were creating....

Does removing Insim from the Downloads folder cause a major hood reset?  If not, I'd suggest, doren, you just remove it whenever you intend to play families where you would like abductions....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »
I think you got a tad confused, ZZ ;) Doren's problem is with the MagicMirror, not with the Abduction mod ;)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2010, 02:52:43 PM »
OH, I did - it's late and I've had a confusing sort of day!  So, in that case, if changing load order doesn't work, I think I'd give Insim the heave-ho - but then, I only ever used it for a short time, and didn't like it a whole lot, all those weird things all over the house!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
No worries, dear. Happens to me, too... You know how long it took me to solve the problem in my Abduction mod? 2 minutes to find out the problem was with the call to the random generator (in line 4, almost at the start), 10 hours to find out what I did wrong and to get it right!

I was about to change the title of this thread to "Fumbling and Bumbling with BoilingOil", but then I thought that might become confusing... I might not be able to find my own thread back :lol:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:59:46 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:24 AM »
...And since you mentioned the Skin issue... there's another thing I don't get: if the Alien skin is dominant in the first generation alien offspring, how come Jill Smith, (PT#9's daughter) isn't green? ;) EAxis changed the rules there, I guess...

That's exactly what has always made me believe that the Alien skin was originally coded to NOT be the 100% dominant folks assumed: just something like 99% dominant...then again (like you pointed out) Maxis hardly stuck to the *rules* when creating the Neighborhoods/Sims!

(It's funny: the tried to foist rules upon us- the folks with the cash- that even they obviously *couldn't* stick too!)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2010, 06:53:01 AM »
We'll just be bad losers then, and change the rules so they suit us! And a big  :tongue: for EAxis :P

Any other ideas about what kind of horrors to foist upon our abductees? Personality changes, anyone? Reversing it as with a cheap resurrection? Destroyed memories like with the bad witch's "Tabula Rasa" spell? Other ideas? Changing Aspirations, perhaps? Age them up, even?

I've actually been thinking of transplanting a Sim's brain into a Servo, or changing their gender, but I'm not sure these things can even be done in-game.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:02:21 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2010, 07:36:10 AM »
This is getting seriously spooky: it's like you're reading my mind!

*panics & tries to hide stuff so BO doesn't freak out*

I had just finished my own set of *rules* in regards to abductions in my game & have worked it out as follows:

50% nothing happens
25% pregnant
5% to all supernaturals...

...with the idea that any Sim unlucky enough to draw the Zombie card will be cured (Treeag's Sim Transformer can do this http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=283201 ) & I will instead give them the awesome (folded) wing accessories by SynapticSim ( http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=320074 ) for kicks.

Long story short, I then came up with other strange thoughts & was about to PM you as to the possibility of adding some kind of personality *scramble* feature and even a *change to custom skin* feature to your already very cool mod...

I'm sure linking to a custom skintone is out (the more I thought about it, the more I realized how hard/impossible that would most likely be) but I really think some kind of personality scrambling feature would be fun! Maybe even a chance of random skill-loss? Servos would also be cool- but like you said, I'm not sure it's possible, at least without some SimPE intervention...

Gads, the things we could inflict upon our hapless Sims!  :biglaugh:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2010, 07:48:39 AM »
Dear LadyWolf, one day you'll have to get used to the idea that I *might* be just as weird as yourself, or - dare I say? - even worse ;) I'd like you to try and make me freak out :P

I was even thinking of lowering their Lifetime Aspiration, or putting them in despair.
Or, if I can pull it off, scan their fears! If they have a fear of becoming any type of supernatural, then make THAT happen to them. Or if they already are, and fear to be cured, cure them! ;)

Wait, wait, wut??? Treeag's mod seems to suggest, it *is* possible to change a sim into an Alien! Then I'm suddenly no longer sure the turning into a Servo is that far off!

I dare you: freak me out! :cheese:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:55:24 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2010, 08:42:05 AM »
I'm loving the idea of lowering their Aspiration levels! I mean seriously: who in the heck would come back at Platinum Aspiration after having been poked, prodded & basically a prisoner for several hours. Even a *Knowledge* Sim with a want to *Meet Aliens* shouldn't be so dang happy about the whole thing!

In my opinion while they might be happy when first abducted, they should certainly be less so after hours of being toyed with...especially if they end up as a Supernatural or pregnant!

Also still keen on the idea of some kind of personality scramble. Even just a few points either way would be entertaining.

Really liking the possible idea of a *fear* scan in regards to the supernaturals! Or maybe a *want* scan in regards to being cured? It would be kinda neat if an unhappy Supernatural could try for a cure via Alien abduction! Would add a whole new dimension to the game, especially if the *cure* odds could be tweaked! (Roll the wrong *number* and no cure, instead instant pregnant/etc...?)

Maybe add a possibility of coming back sick? Or at least with almost zero energy? Amnesia would be interesting so long as the odds could be tweaked. (Wouldn't want every abduction to be a *clean slate*!)

Gads! The mind boggles!

(Also happy to met someone as deranged as I am... :P )

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2010, 09:38:26 AM »
Of course, the odds for *ALL* options would be configurable.

And as long as I can figure out how to make a thing happen, anything you say can be implemented, scrambling - as in randomizing - a sim's personality included. Sickness, motive failures, anything! I'm just not done fiddling with it, yet.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »
Silly question... what info for the custom skin would you need to slap on a custom skin?  If it's something from DDO's package.db file, could it be made configurable?

Code: [Select]
  <packages ptype="Skintone" isOrphan="false" isBroken="false" ptype2="2">
    <filename>Miros Tan 34C-36.package</filename>
    <title>Miros Tan 34C-36 Mesh by Warlokk Original skin by @Stefan Female skins modified by Brother Raven Body hair by AllenABQ Showerproof Miros Tan 34C-36</title>
    <description />
    <filesize>3714363</filesize>
    <lastmodified>2007-05-12T00:00:00.0000000-04:00</lastmodified>
    <subfolder>\wooden simolean\Angelita</subfolder>
    <polyCount>0</polyCount>
    <md5hash>83BE087F09037C3D423453A532A30DA3</md5hash>
    <catalogPlacement />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="1EB8EC1F" tgi_instance="FF348A11" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="4A21DDFE" tgi_instance="FF2FF943" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="B2F32E83" tgi_instance="FFE663D7" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="D116EA66" tgi_instance="FFFF310E" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="D334B8AA" tgi_instance="FFA596E0" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="E1085F16" tgi_instance="FF416903" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="CF5B02FB" tgi_instance="FFF139B1" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="19DAAC6B" tgi_instance="FF88F397" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="6CA888F6" tgi_instance="FFA6FDDA" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="CA211AEA" tgi_instance="FF9689E4" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="5185CE17" tgi_instance="FF9DCB37" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="8D2F6AC2" tgi_instance="FFA2FDF5" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="96189A4E" tgi_instance="FFCB451F" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="0AE2CFB7" tgi_instance="FFDDB52C" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="A9573D6A" tgi_instance="FF5451A3" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="EBC0073C" tgi_instance="FFC6B0CB" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="10980B5B" tgi_instance="FFA52D4E" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="E901C0FB" tgi_instance="FFAE7BCF" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="30DD8FDA" tgi_instance="FF02336D" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C050000" tgi_instance2="E6580676" tgi_instance="FF7F0579" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="6CE40F7E" tgi_instance="FF5FFF96" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="38CEBAD1" tgi_instance="FF744584" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="6BEC3DF7" tgi_instance="FF7114C9" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="57967B73" tgi_instance="FF91595F" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="3D0B47BD" tgi_instance="FF918AE8" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="77D3FFF2" tgi_instance="FF36477C" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="2B6DCD56" tgi_instance="FF335D75" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C050000" tgi_instance2="68C097B0" tgi_instance="FF52D6F2" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C050000" tgi_instance2="42847031" tgi_instance="FF6F0994" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="32FFDD16" tgi_instance="FF589483" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="C1922B5E" tgi_instance="FF10A839" />
    <tgis tgi_type="FC6EB1F7" tgi_group="1C0532FA" tgi_instance2="92BEF27E" tgi_instance="FF7A03E9" />
  </packages>

Wouldn't it be funny if you got abducted and turned into Angelita?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2010, 10:22:08 AM »
Oh, I'm terribly sorry, Miros1, but regardless how much I'd like to comply, I'm afraid I'm going to have to draw the line at using other CC from within my mod.

It would be impossible to predict which custom skins people might want to use. And there are MANY different ones, so testing for the presence of all those would be a horrible task, especially ones that haven't been created, yet.

And I can't possibly start forcing people to DL all available skins from everywhere, just on the off chance that someone might want to use a certain skin. Even more so, since I don't know all of them myself... I might end up having to update daily, adding new skin options with every new release.

But if I find a way to add a single option where people can add their own preferred skin, I'm all for adding such an option. Even then, I wouldn't know myself yet, what info I would need for that to work.

BTW, just out of curiosity: who the heck is 'Angelita'??

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »
Angelita is my "Complete Mafia for d20" character, who became a Sim, and then started hanging out at InSimAdult and the Moon Society MOO.  She's kind of acquired a life of her own (not to mention her own custom skintone)!

I know you can't code for all possible custom skins, that's why I was hoping the necessary info was already in the packageDB.xml file from DDO and could just be plugged into the configuration piece.  But if it can't, it can't!

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:22 PM »
@ BO: got your message & replied.  :ninja:

*says nothing else so other peeps are left to speculate on their own*

I totally get why the idea of pre-coding for custom skins/etc is out of the question...but if you are open to the idea of looking into the possibility of having a slot or two for users to do their own skin-selecting, I wonder if CL's Custom Skintone Selector could offer any insight?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284572

He includes instructions for configuring it to find your own skintones, but I must confess I haven't looked to deep into them yet! (I get hung up on the menu syntax stuff & run away to *safer* things- like texture overrides- which I do understand...  :blush: )

I thought maybe you or miros may be able to understand it better...?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »
I will check that Skintone Selector out later (too busy with my current devious plans :biglaugh:). If it *does* help me figure it out, maybe one or two configurable slots where users can input references to their own favorites are indeed a viable option.

(Vampire-Plantsim warning deleted, Alien Experiments v1.5 doesn't allow this combo to exist)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:32:21 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »
You know, I have never understood why Maxis made the Plant-Vamp thing even possible.  :pissed:

As you pointed out it's basically an automatic death sentence which is cruel & unusual punishment, even by my standards.

Didn't they bother to think about...oh, wait- this is Maxis! What was I thinking in thinking that they were thinking... :P

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
A Plant-Vamp is not guaranteed death.  In the gardening section there are plant lights that will keep a plantsim alive without the sunlight.

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2010, 07:52:31 PM »
Ah, okay.

For some bizarre reason I had it in my head that you needed a mod to make those *grow lights* lights work like that.

(Though for the life of me, I don't know where I got that idea... :hmm: )

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2010, 07:54:02 PM »
@AH: Those lights do well for Plantsims, but are you sure those lights aren't considered SUNlight? Because if they are, the Vampire would not like being under those, either...

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »
I never thought of that.  Only one way to find out.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2010, 10:53:42 PM »
I've heard about Plant-Vamps staying alive via the grow lights too.  Haven't tried it personally tho.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2010, 11:39:46 PM »
How would those deadly nightshade sims look like? Pale unhealthy green?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2010, 12:19:41 AM »

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2010, 03:41:54 AM »
 :giggle:
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2010, 04:07:39 AM »
If *that* were coffee, nobody would touch the stuff... :giggle:

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2010, 12:04:14 PM »
Since it is a picture of a deadly nightshade, it is not advisable to eat it.
I rather have plants which indicate that they are dangerous. As a small child I always thought that rowan berries looked very appetising, like red currants. Fortunately they were too high up for me to reach them.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2010, 12:52:49 PM »
Laburnum is one of the worst, I think - almost every suburban garden used to have a laburnum, and the berries don't look exactly nasty...

Surprising, though, how many people do eat those poisonous berries and mushrooms..... now, I'm sure people in the Middle Ages were much more *hedgerow-wise*.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2010, 01:58:03 PM »
I wouldn't eat anything from any garden, unless they're unmistakably (sp) recognizable as Straw- or Raspberries. I really wouldn't know what else was or wasn't safe to eat. But even *I* saw that this plant up there was NOT recommendable for consumption ;)

Maybe there's some nutritional value in its roots, although I doubt that, too!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2010, 02:17:47 PM »
Well, certainly some of its relations are pretty tasty, and fairly edible, I would say:

Solanaceae

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2010, 06:43:36 PM »
Right! But that doesn't *look* quite so dark and gloomy ;)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2010, 12:23:24 AM »
(v1.3 announcement deleted since Alien Experiments v1.5 is now released)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:28:33 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »
(deleted, see previous post)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:29:21 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline Pandaah

• Mushloving Mophead
    • My LJ
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2010, 03:03:49 AM »
Thank you for the information. I was something curious how to change the values, but I was to lazy to open up simPE...

Offline MelanieM

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2010, 03:45:37 AM »
I love your Alien Experiments Mod. I just have a question about 1.3. What is meant by alienism? Alien skin and/or eyes? Just visual or even genetic?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2010, 08:06:47 AM »
At present, Alienism is just cosmetic, and limited to the skin. Talk about skin-deep, huh? :cheese: I'm still trying to find out how to change the eyes as well.

I'm not sure if it can be made genetic, or even if it should. When it's a cosmetic trait, it could be cured by later restoring the dominant skin color. If I make it genetic, that skin color is lost, and couldn't be restored.

anything
anything