Author Topic: Questions (and Answers) about BO's mods  (Read 249533 times)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Questions (and Answers) about BO's mods
« on: December 13, 2009, 05:34:38 PM »
I've moved the full descriptions of all my mods to BoilingOil's Mods - the listing where they will be a little easier to find. To prevent that thread from becoming hard to navigate, however, it is locked so it will allow only the site Admin and the Moderators to add replies to it.

Any questions one might have about my work, are welcome in THIS thread, though!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:32:13 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
Re: BoilingOil's tiny first steps into modding...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 02:20:12 AM »
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »
Cool. Thanks for the help :)

tiny update: I know that Dr Pixel's crate Dresser (found here) *does* play nice with it. Maybe there are other CC dressers as well. If you have some that work, please let me know.
Also, if it works for Teens in an Inteen game, I'd like to know, too.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Dark_Author

• Administrator
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 01:02:41 PM »
This is a nifty idea BoilingOil!  I can't wait to try it out.

You get your own folder in my downloads!  lol

Click On Those, Please?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 06:58:48 PM »
I'm honored! Thank you :cheese:

Edited to *Update*: Last night I discovered that Clothing Booths are handled by a different BHAV (they didn't pick up the change). So I've been working to include them into the mod too. So, please re-download.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:56:27 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline von_manstein

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 02:03:50 AM »
ok, thanks BO  :smile:

M.
M.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 05:18:33 AM »
One question - will Pescado's Clothing Tool pick up the option?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 05:39:19 AM »
I have actually no idea, ZZ. It *does* register itself under ShoppingRackGlobals. So, perhaps it actually acts as any Maxis dresser... If so, it will pick up...

Nope, I checked it in my own game. My mod overrides (replaces) the built-in 'Plan Outfit' BHAVs, and the Clothing Tools has its own completely different way of handling stuff... Pes didn't call any of the built-in code, and therefor the Tool doesn't notice anything of my changes. So, in addition to the Tool, you *would* need a standard Maxis dresser to benefit from my mod.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:35:51 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 03:31:05 PM »
Thanks, I just wondered..... I'd have to use a pregnancywearanyoutfit type of mod as well, so maybe one day.... (Since I got Ikea, dressers aren't a problem, even in the smallest bedroom!)
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 08:36:08 AM »
Next baby step... the MagicMirror! (I suck at naming my mods :blush:)

Edit: Sorry, but this mod is no longer supported. The Reward Catalog does the same and more, and is much more dependable.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:43:23 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 09:20:05 AM »
Great idea, BO! 

I don't want every family to have a member in the Paranormal career just to get the resurrection phone, and some Sim kids just aren't cut out for college...

Offline von_manstein

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 06:21:28 AM »
hi there... i think i'll try this too, thanks... but i had a little problem with the other MOD... the maternity planner global, ecc...

it works... but if i have it in my DL folder and a Sim is into the changing boot, others Sims no longer have the possibility to join the fist one for some "public" sex in the boot... when the second Sims clicks on the boot the only option i get is "Plan Outfit..."
this obviously occurs when i play both sims... honestly i forgot trying it when only 1 of them is played by me and asks the other to join in, i'll try it next time...

it's an already know issue ? it's something done on purpose ? or just something nobody ever noticed ?

thanks... have a happy new year you all !
M.

M.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 06:34:08 AM »
von_manstein, did you try to have the first one *ask* the second one to join for woohoo? Because the way I remember it, even if you control both sims, the first one still has to ask the other one. I'll check the game without my mod to be sure, and report back, but my mod is not supposed to remove any options.

Edit to add: in fact, I've checked it in my own game, and I was wrong! If you control both sims, the first one to enter the booth does *not*  have to ask the other one to join. However, I can not reproduce your problem... With or without my mod, I had no problems like the one you describe.

I'm wondering: do you have other mods that change the clothing booth? There might be a conflict that I'm not aware of. Or was the second sim, perhaps, a teen? It wouldn't work for teens, because that's not in the Maxis code :) Try running HCDU and let me know if you encounter conflicts, and with which mod, please. And I'd also like to know which EPs you have.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:31:50 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline von_manstein

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 11:25:07 AM »
ok... here i am... i did a few tests... but first of all game EPs...
Sims 2 DD (= base+EP2+SP4) EP1 EP3 SP2 SP5 that is almost anything running on OFB engine

1) the HCDU doesn't find any possible conflict involving your mod....
2) i tested the problem with different ages... (T-T  A-A  A-T  T-A) the 2nd Sim never gets the
    opportunity to enter the boot and have sex... the only option still is "plan outfit..."
3) if 1 of the Sim is played by me and the other doesn't i don't get the "ask to join" option but...
    i don't get it without your mod either...

so, i suppose i have some mod that creates the problem number 3 and that when yours is present too create the prioblem 2 even if the HCDU doesn't identify any conflict... now the problem is... which one might it be ? another consideration is that at the moment your mod loads last since it's in the "test" subfolder where new CC stay untill i decide they're "safe". maybe that if i move it in the "hacks-mods" folder among the other mods it would load before the mysterious one it conflicts with...

that's all i think. if you get any idea... thanks. if you don't, please don't get mad because of it... i know my DL folder situation is a little messy and i'm trying to clean it up little by little (very slowly indeed). thanks anyway.

M.

M.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »
Thanks for the update :thumb:

Do you use Inteen? Because without that, I'm *sure* the T-T, T-A and A-T situations should not work, no matter what I do. If you normally have those options, you *must* have some mod that adds them. And *that* mod is interfering with PlanMaternityOufit-GLOBAL, no matter what HCDU says. If that is the case, there's little I can do.

Could you please test the A-A situation without my mod and see if everything is normal, then? Because that one SHOULD work, with or without my mod. In the mean time, I'll install the AGS and see if I can reproduce the problem on the OFB engine.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:14:52 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »
Ok, double post. Sorry about that, but I thought this would be important.

I've installed the AnyGameStarter, and made sure that my installation was up-to-date (it was) by running all the available Maxis updates. Then I set up a game with von_manstein's config (Base, EP1, EP2, EP3, SP2, SP4, SP5), and with my own two global mods as the only CC.

The MagicMirror mod causes no problems whatsoever, but PlanMaternityOutfit doesn't do so well. I don't even get the "Plan Outfit" option, even when I *know* the Sim has multiple outfits to choose from. In stead, I have a jump-bug. So I'm guessing there's an EP-requirement on that mod, and your config would not be sufficient. Maybe you'd best remove the PMO for a while, von_manstein!

I'm going to test further, in order to find out which is the crucial EP. From there, I'll see if I can make it work with earlier EPs somehow.
If anyone else encounters problems with either of these mods, please let me know.

Edit: Even with FreeTime as the latest EP, the PlanMaternityOutfit mod makes sims "Jump", so that makes AL the minimum requirement.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:47:59 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline von_manstein

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »
ok... thanks BO for your patience and the time you invested taking care of my little problem.
by the way... the answer was yes, i do use Inteen... it was looking for it, that i "stumbled" into this site and never left !  :lol:

i wish you a great new year. and thanks again.
M.
M.

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 01:15:30 AM »
I haven't noticed any prpblems with the pregnancy planner installed, but I haven't actually tested it specifically. I don't use Inteen.

I like the idea of the Magic Mirror too. I'm using the autonomous mirror mod, so since I can't have both, I'd appreciate the two of you working together. :)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 04:54:04 AM »
@ von_manstein: Patience, my foot. And I actually took care of nothing, but in stead told you to drop my mod. That's little support. But thanks for the kind words, and happy new year to you as well! ;)

@ Aelflaed: If you don't have AL either, I wouldn't get my hopes up about the PMO :( As for the mirror: since someone asks, I'll do my best to get permission for that one... I'm using it myself!

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 05:07:47 AM »
Next baby step... the MagicMirror! (I suck at naming my mods :blush:)

Sometimes - like in a LOTL scenario, for example - one doesn't want their Sims to get regular jobs. I myself still like them to be able to earn some career rewards, though. And I don't want to just unlock them using the Blender, because that's not earning them.
Similarly, not every Sim should go to college, yet one may want to earn them an extra want slot or lock.

Now, those things can easily be done. BO-MagicMirror-GLOBAL is a package that allows any sim (age teen and up) who has at least 50,000 aspiration points, to exchange those points for either a Want slot or lock, or a single career reward, using any Maxis mirror including the medicine cabinet. The closet is not (yet) included in this mod, but it *might* be included later.

This mod will most certainly conflict with any other global mod that alters mirrors, such as AncientHighway's AutonomousMirror. Whichever mod loads last, will be in effect. Including the effect of AH's mod is easy, but I won't put that version up without explicit permission from AH.

Some custom mirrors will also be affected by my mod: the Recolourable Full Wall Mirror (by Numenor) and the Maxis Match Manor House mirrors by IgnorantBliss (N99) are examples that *do* take the new options. The ones that I've seen made by Nofrena (Wood-for-Sims) and Shoukeir (Sims2Play) are *not* affected, though.

Enjoy!

Great idea.  A good way to use those useless aspiration points and not feel like cheating for the career objects.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 05:41:05 AM »
Exactly! My families usually have tons of those useless points, because I play to collect them but can't be bothered to use the regular Asp rewards. But I *do* like the extra slots, locks and career rewards ;)

Today I got AncientHighway's permission to also publish a version of the mirror that includes his Autonomy mod (AH-AutonomousMirror.package). It's up for grabs here ;) Thanks AH!!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:26:07 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline von_manstein

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
my sims too are full of aspitation points.. that's why i liked the idea too...
but seems that my PC is kind of allergic to your mods, BO...
the magic mirror mod completely stops my game from loading ! LOL
 :lol:

as usually the HCDU doesn't find any related conflict but something goes wrong...
the game doesn't even crash... it just stops from loading when it comes to CC...
seems i have to play without the magic mirror too...

M.
M.

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 05:52:27 PM »
Thanks, Boilingoil, I do have AL. I've grabbed the AH-compatible version. And thanks to Ancienthighway too! 

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »
@ von_manstein: I'm very sorry :hug:. Hopefully, the new year brings you better equipment :P Have you tried deleting your cache files? I've had situations where that helped. The mirror should work on your system without problems, unless DD is in the way somehow.

@ aelflaed: it's not only compatible... AH's mod is built in! :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:15:06 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 06:12:05 AM »
von_manstein, do you have any other hacked mirrors? such as Merola's, for example?

Offline von_manstein

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »
@ZZ  -  if you mean the mind controller... no i don't have it. i have a few Merola's hacks but i can't remember any mirror-related one... actually i don't remember any mirror hacks or mod... i had a look to my "hacks-mods" sub-folder but didn't find any... even if the name not always helps...

M.
M.

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »
I was playing my game last night, thinking about how much I hated the random pregnancy outfits my sims were assigned. Today I come here to see what's going on - low and behold you have read my mind! I can't say thank you enough for this - I'm installing it now and I'm going to play it in about 10 minutes. I'm excited to see how it goes!  :prancing:
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »
Reading the minds of like-minded individuals isn't all that hard, you know? :biglaugh:

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 04:38:59 AM »
I'm having trouble with the maternity outfit mod. I haven't done anythinng extensive, but there is one sim currently pregnant that I would like to wear a different outfit. When I tell her to change it, she selects the new outfit but doesn't change. Putting her in PJs and then back to maternity still shows the old outfit.

I used the locker from Uni for the most recent attempt. There are lots of hacks in-game, so it may well be something like that. For tonight, I just wanted to report it while I knew for sure what had happened. Tomorrow I'll see if I come up with possible conflicts. There's nothing on HCDU.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 07:18:10 AM »
Argh, that's a problem indeed. Trouble is, my mod doesn't have anything to do with actually changing clothes; it only does the planning, which did work correctly, according to what you say. I'll try digging into the changing-clothes routines to see if I can find why the actual change doesn't tale place.

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »
Reading the minds of like-minded individuals isn't all that hard, you know? :biglaugh:

:lol:

It works perfectly for me, thank you so much!
"If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit" - Robert Brault

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 10:18:46 AM »
@ Aelflaed: The odd part is this: Each sim gets by default only *one* outfit for each category. Some of the randomly selected outfits can be used for multiple categories, and that's why one can sometimes plan some of those. Somehow, when planning maternity wear, the game shows clothing we *know* we didn't buy. So, perhaps these clothes aren't actually available (even though the sub tells us they are), and the game substitutes them with something we *do* have when actually dressing a sim in maternity wear.

If the sim is already in maternity wear when you plan that category for the first time, there's not much else you can do, except go to a store and actually buy that specific outfit, in order to make it truly available for use.
If, on the other hand, the sim isn't visibly pregnant yet while planning, you could see if the specific dress also shows up in their casual clothing or any other category... Make them temporarily wear it as casual wear, and from that moment it actually exists, and can be chosen for maternity dress.

The only other option that remains, would be for me to look into how or why clothing is shown that isn't really available and, eventually, rewrite *that* BHAV as well, if possible.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 10:31:08 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 01:36:28 AM »
That sounds typically EA-stupid. So for now, the thing to do is pre-plan maternity wear before a sim ever gets pregnant - because once she's had her first, the outfit is set. Or, you think going to a comm lot to buy the clothes would work?

I think I originally bought the extra outfits using Numenor's hacked coat hook. I certainly didn't go to a clothing store; there isn't one in the hood yet.

If your hack is reading the 'blocked' maternity wear, I should see eight outifts to choose from, from memory. I'm not sure there were that many listed. I tried to alter this sim's clothes (with the coat hook) last time she was pregnant, which is why the extra outfits were already in the wardrobe.  (I didn't have your hack in at that time.)

I haven't been on the computer today until now, so I haven't done any hack-dancing. Do you think it would be worthwhile, or is it irrelevant?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 02:49:53 AM »
Actually, I'm pulling that mod for now... Anyone currently using 'BO-PlanMaternityOutfit-GLOBAL.package, is advised to remove this useless waste of CPU-cycles. It's not worth even the few bytes that it uses.

I've tried four different things now:

1. I started a fresh new game in PV, had Don plan maternity wear, and used the Blender to make him pregnant with the first walk-by. Then I accelerated his pregnancy. Once the first bump came, he ignored the outfit I selected, and dressed in the one that the game had given him by default. Trying to change it, even when he was already pregnant, didn't have any effect.

2. I went into the Caliente house, and sent Nina out to a comm lot to buy an outfit which I *know* will also show up as maternity wear. I used the clothing booth to plan her pragnancy outfit. Then Don showed up, so I had them try for baby on a bench, right there and then. She got pregnant, and I sent her home. Again I accelerated the pregnancy, and she TOO ignored the my selection...

3. I also tried buying the outfit first, then going home and planning the outfit there, *before* even getting pregnant for the first time, but it makes no difference. The planning itself works, because if you try planning again later, it *does* show the previously selected outfit as the current one. But the Sims never actually *wear* it.

4. Lastly, I've also looked at the BHAV that checks for multiple outfits, and there's nothing weird going on there. The next level down is a primitive, not a BHAV, so even if there *is* a way to change stuff at that level, it's far too risky for my level of understanding.

There's not much else I can do, except pull this mod, and go back to the drawing board. At first I assumed that since the planning stage seemed to function correctly, that would be enough. Apparently, I assumed in error.

I really hope my mirror mod is performing a lot better, because the PMO isn't what I call a succesful hack... indeed baby steps :(
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 03:54:17 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 11:00:07 AM »
Darn.  I was hoping that Maxis/EA had accidentally fixed this so your mod could work -- it was a known bug several EPs ago that even if you changed the information for the maternity outfit with SimPE that the Sim would always wear the predetermined ugly Maxis outfit.  I remember someone on either ISA or MATY experimenting with this to try to figure  out what determined the "predetermined" outfit because, while testing replacement maternity clothes, they had to generate quite a few girls and pregnancies before they saw all the replacements.

This is why I started using Squinge's mod so the Sim-girls could wear their normal clothes while pregger.

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »
Oh well. Sorry to burst your bubble, BoilingOil! Sounds like your mod is not essentially at fault, though.

At least I still have my non-ugly default replacement, so although I can't choose their preg outfits, they aren't bad really. (Which is why I made them in the first place, but if I could choose more specifically, that would have been nice too.)

I haven't seen any issue with the mirror mod so far. I haven't actually collected any rewards, but I did have a look and the options showed. 

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 10:07:17 AM »
I'm late with this and I apologize, but your plan pregnancy outfit hack works perfectly for me. See?

eta: the pictures are actually backwards, but I wanted to show that the option to plan maternity comes up on a regular apartment closet, and if you look you can see she's walking away wearing the outfit I planned. She had the white shirt/grey pants maxis default before which you can see in the second pic.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:10:19 AM by Nyxie »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 10:45:33 AM »
The option showing up was never the problem, Nyxie. You're the first, however, to have the Sim actually wear the selected outfit. :thumb:
I'm wondering: can that outfit also be worn as casual clothing? (Just curiosity...)

Anyway, since I couldn't even get my *own* Sims to wear the maternity outfit I chose for them, I'm still working on the mod in hopes of fixing it. Glad it works for you, though! Thanks for this pleasant bit of feedback :love2:

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 10:49:17 AM »
Yes, it is casual clothing with a maternity mesh, I found it here. In order for her to continue wearing it I have to plan the outfit as both maternity and everyday, but that's not that big of a deal to me.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »
My sims have been wearing casual clothes during their pregnancy for a long time but I remember that when Lilith Pleasant was pregnant the second time she could choose between two maternity outfits and changed successfully into the nicer looking one (she had the green and the red/white Maxis set). I can't remember if I already had pregnancy-wear-any-outfit installed then. Maybe such a hack is necessary for it to work.

With Inteen and the alternative maternity wear, sims sometimes change to a different outfit if they are reset for some reason and I think that they have both outfits available afterwards.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
Nyxie: I could not see from the pictures if that Sim was already visibly pregnant. If she's not, then her wearing the outfit at this time wouldn't prove much. My mod could fail, and she could be using the outfit as casual wear. So that is why I wanted to know.

Doren: It might help me if I looked into that pregnancy-wear-any-outfit mod soon, although that wasn't why I was asking. :) Thanks for the tip, though ;)

(yay...more for me to look into...) X)

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2010, 01:26:34 PM »
Yeah, she was in her first trimester in that outfit. I have her in her second tri right now, but I had to stop and pick up my child from school. After he goes to bed later I'll boot up the game and get a close up picture of her for you.

Oh, if it helps you any I also have Squinge's pregnant sims wear anything mod.

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
Ok, here you go.

In the second picture I circled her in the white & grey outfit (which I also circled). When she got pregnant she was wearing a different outfit, and when she transitioned to her first trimester maxis automatically put her in the white/grey one. Then I used your mod to send her to the closet to put on something not so ugly and she did.  :cheese:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2010, 06:07:44 PM »
Hmm, it looks promising. Might be due to the pregnancy-wear-any mod, or maybe to something entirely different. Either way, it means there should be a way to make it work for everyone. Thanks, Nyxie, I needed that :cheese:

Offline Nyxie

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »
You're welcome. Thanks for the awesome mod.  :love:

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2010, 01:55:25 PM »
I just tested it in one house and my pregnant sim successfully planned and changed into different maternity outfits too, inlcuding a custom one which is in her wardrobe as outerwear. I don't know if you have to keep the general ability to change into any outfit to make this work, but I guess your mod would still do what you intend if they automatically change into maternity after a shower etc.
What I noticed - maybe it is useful to you - is that my sims (maybe only the teens but I think it is the adults too) ignore my mod and change into maternity after they used the sinful shower.

Immediate afterthought: I wonder what happens when I change the load order with regard to the shower. I am going to try this.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:57:24 PM by doren »

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
I'm not currently using a preg-wear-anything mod. Perhaps that's the essential difference making it fail for me and work for Nyxie.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2010, 01:04:41 AM »
Doren: thanks for the feedback. There's a question, though...

ignore my mod and change into maternity after they used the sinful shower.

What mod is 'my mod' here? Also, I might even have to check the sinful shower. Well, first the preg-wear-any mod ;)

Aelflaed: Indeed, that's what I was thinking too... So that would mean either I find out why that is, and build the required stuff into the PMO, *or* I tell everyone they will need the Pregnancy-wear-any mod as well. I'll have to find out and make up my mind about that first.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2010, 02:29:46 AM »
Doren: thanks for the feedback. There's a question, though...

ignore my mod and change into maternity after they used the sinful shower.

What mod is 'my mod' here? Also, I might even have to check the sinful shower. Well, first the preg-wear-any mod ;)

Aelflaed: Indeed, that's what I was thinking too... So that would mean either I find out why that is, and build the required stuff into the PMO, *or* I tell everyone they will need the Pregnancy-wear-any mod as well. I'll have to find out and make up my mind about that first.

This one here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=4703.0

I thought the whole point of your mod was that pregnant sims continue to wear maternity outfits and not their casual clothes, or am I having my "dumb-day" again?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2010, 02:53:12 AM »
Thanks for the link, Doren. It may help my investigations. :thumb:

As to your question: of course, when a Sim is pregnant, they should wear maternity clothes. And when they're not, they should not, unless the 'maternity' wear is flagged as also being 'casual'. In such a case, if you also selected the outfit for casual wear, they wouldn't need to change, now would they? ;)

What I was actually trying to do, is just making it possible for every Sim to *plan* all their clothing categories -including maternity outfits-, regardless of their current 'position'. But of course, planning your maternity wear serves no purpose if they don't actually *wear* the selected outfit when they eventually *are* pregnant. That part didn't function the way it should, unless the player also used the 'preg-wear-any' mod. So I need to find out how to make mine independant of that mod, if I can.

All part of the baby-steps learning process I'm in. :dry: