Author Topic: Woohoo movie  (Read 6434 times)

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
Woohoo movie
« on: November 12, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »
since i installed ACR2 the movie when i have my sims woohoo in bed so they will go to sleep the movie runs each and every time i can turn off the ACR movie ok but i have to turn all events movie off to get it to stop in the options menu but i would like the movie to run when sims have there first woohoo :unsure: any way to fix this would be of great help :unsure:

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Re: Woohoo movie
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 01:34:36 PM »
Make sure the following option is set on the adjuster. Sounds like you have it set to always instead of normal.

Global Defaults...Cinematics...Normal
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 04:07:38 PM »
i have never grayed out and when acr does the action i dont get the movie but when i direct my sims to woohoo the movie allways play i had to go into options and turn off the special events cam. to make it stop  i did not have this problem untill i put acr in
dont get me wrong i wish to have the movie play when the frist time my sims woohoo which is how the normal setting were untill i put acr in so it is something in acr that is doing it
acr control woohoo no movie
i control woohoo movie

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 02:23:33 AM »
I've actually found a somewhat similar situation. I haven't touched the camera/cinematics settings, either in the standard game, or in ACR. So I'm sure the settings are the default ones. Yet I never see the woohoo movie.

I *have* noticed a distracting flash, however, that at first only freaked me out. I started looking out for it, and when it happened again (exactly when normally the 'first woohoo' movie plays), I noticed that in fact the cam view quickly flashed into and out of view. Never happened before ACR 2, but now it does.

I hope this helps in finding the culprit. And if not, I don't mind too much, because I know that movie by now... Nothing changes, except the faces, huh? :cheese:

ETA: by 'I'm sure the settings are the default ones' I mean to say, the cam shows whenever the maid makes any move, whenever the mail-person brings me another bill, or when any two totally unimportant creatures (Sim or Pet) start beating the crap out of eachother.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:29:40 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 05:13:59 AM »
I had this with a few couples (Darren and Darleen Dreamer), the movie played every time they woohood. I think it will stop when you buy them a new bed.

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 06:40:06 AM »
no i have bought them new beds and it played for every sims that had woohoo every time
i can have the movie play through acr (but i dont know if it will play now that i turn off the event cameras  will have to test that today) :dry:
so will report back on this after some testing

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 07:44:16 AM »
OK back from testing with the event camera turn off no cinematics movie (woohoo, frist kiss) will play in any settings of ACR  :omg:
So it is something in acr that makes the woohoo movie go every time sims woohoo (only if the event camera is turn on) so if it can be fixed that would be great :nervous:
need the woohoo movie to run on the very frist woohoo only pls :thumb:

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 10:35:51 AM »
Yes, if you turn the event camera off that will override ACR's setting.

Does the cinematic play if the sims woohoo normally? Do they have memories of woohooing each other?
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 08:16:19 PM »
the movie runs every time i (not acr) sends them to relax on the bed and then have them woohoo so they will go to sleep
i have set acr on all settings normal, allways and never and still the movie will run
if i set acr on never and have them acr woohoo  the movie does not run
have not tried it on normal yet
they still get the memories for the actons no matter if it is acr or manual

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 09:11:36 PM »
ok i went and did more testing
when i use acr to set the movies to normal and allways the movies allways run
when i set them to never only acr woohoo will not run but manual woohoo the movies run every time

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 03:49:57 AM »
I don't know why this is happening but I can understand why this is annoying you. Darren and Darleen alone were annoying me enough to eventually decide to turn off the cinematics for good. The funny thing is that I discovered that I like the scenes better without the movies - except weddings - but then I had already seen them a zillion times.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 08:37:48 AM »
Have you tried having them woohoo somewhere besides the bed? Something has got to be messed up with their memories. That might clear it up. Otherwise the only option is to delete any existing memory each has of woohooing the other in Simpe so they can be recreated correctly in game.

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 09:29:38 AM »
ok i have used the cas household reset tool and that clean it up for me for that household for now dont know if it comes back
will try another household and use simpe on them and see if that works
off to go give it a try :thumb:

Offline waynefox3

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »
Have you tried having them woohoo somewhere besides the bed? Something has got to be messed up with their memories. That might clear it up. Otherwise the only option is to delete any existing memory each has of woohooing the other in Simpe so they can be recreated correctly in game.
thank you thank you  thank you  :rolleyes:
it was the woohoo memories that was doing it  :omg:
i use simpe to remove them and it worked the movie only runs on the frist woohoo :thumb:
 :yay: :cele1: THANK YOU for all your help everyone

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 12:03:23 PM »
Glad you got it fixed. :cheese:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 03:31:40 PM »

I wonder why my 'bottoms up project' sims are so special.  :lol:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

anything
anything