Author Topic: Instructions for Safely Saving sims on Lots  (Read 26088 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Instructions for Safely Saving sims on Lots
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »
I know that in general the relationship stuff will disappear - at least, if you delete a sim with Theo's Deleter, usually the relationship stuff in the Relationship panel does get hidden away, but often the relationships with the now Unknown sim do stay, and correspondingly remain in Sim Relations, where you may also find a load of Unknown/Unknown relationships.  I clean them up from time to time purely because it's just that much less junk in the Neighborhood.package.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2011, 10:45:15 PM »
...I clean them up from time to time purely because it's just that much less junk in the Neighborhood.package.

I do it because I'm a rather neurotic, freakish, and overly fiddly type of She-Wolf who get's off on that kind of nit-picky thing...but then my brain was never wired right in the first place, as a quick look at my posts/ramblings quickly reveal.

~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline Wolfenblu

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »
You so rock Sleepy! :cheese:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 12:09:22 AM »
Thank you *blushes*   :love:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Wolfenblu

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
Okay I have a question, I made the Santini family saved them as soon as the cab was gone, checked with clean install, no strangers I installed them in the tossaway hood, used the bat box. Then packaged them again checked them no strangers. Since they have never met anyone but the cab driver do I need to use SimPe and what exactly do I do I have never fiddled with memories.
I am doing all my families like this. Saving them before they are ever played. I know how to fix a lot of things with SimPe but I am so afraid of screwing up something. :nervous:

Edited to add I use BO's no trash memories, idk if that means anything
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:27:54 PM by Wolfenblu »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2012, 05:11:25 PM »
I think you might not need to do anything, just make sure that you save the lot and family only with the Clean Installer, then install the saved sims2pack.  If when you open the sims2pack with the CI the cab driver doesn't appear, or of course, any other non-family members, you shouldn't even need to do that, just install the lot as it is.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline KierneM

• Mushloving Mophead
  • Robaholic since 03/20/09
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 04:57:39 AM »
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the cab driver is considered an object (part of the cab itself, IIRC); therefore, you're pretty safe from him trying to hitch a ride with the family you're saving.
All I need in life: The Sims 2, The Sims 3, great modders, and Mountain Dew!

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »
You're partly correct, KierneM; they ARE a sim, but they have custom code to render them all but inert. I've never found any relationships, memories or gossip on them, either. So you might say the game treats them as if they don't exist. And that's why you'll INDEED never see them hitch a ride on a packaged lot.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »
You do still need to check for walkbys, they are sometimes waiting off-world and therefore considered part of the lot.  It depends on how long the game takes to reach the point where you can save and exit the lot, and if you have Pets, that could be a stray and they take forever to load the first time, but they are there.

Offline Wolfenblu

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 12:35:20 PM »
OK great I am in good shape then. Oh I also checked with Inges cat game in pause no one was there but the family but I wasn't sure it would work for that. Thanks for all your help. :love:

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »
I know this is a old tread but I am hearing on other sites that this is still not safe to do.

I am having some trouble with some of Sleepycat's Sims (that I have tried) where if you use ACR some Sims who "had" relation with like "woohoo" in one hood then both of those Sims get moved over to a new hood on 2 dif. lots using this method, then the first time they see each other the first thing they try to do is woohoo with each other but they have never met in the new hood yet and as you can see one will refuse the other and get bad memory from it. So to me this means that some part of memory is keep in a dif. place that neither the batbox of SimPE can find.

It is very hard for me to explain my thoughts on this but I hope you all will understand what I am trying to say.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »
Really stupid question (I was up all night): You are placing the Sims in a different neighborhood than where they were packed, aren't you?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »
I'd also think it likely that the global relationships for woohoo are set low or at the default level.  I set mine to 100/100, so my sims have to really, really like each other, although three bolts will occasionally override the setting. 

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2013, 11:34:37 AM »
Yes miros1 it is a dif. hood. This is what I did, before I start playing the hood I package up the Sims I would like to put in a dif. hood.
Move the sim out then put sim on a empty lot then package up the lot. Put lot in a throw-away hood, fix all using the batbox and SimPE then pack up the lot again to install it in the new hood.

With out ever playing any of the Sims in the old hood or the throw-away hood and there is no way that these Sims could know each other in the new hood, the first time they see each other in the new hood at a community lot they head straight to the photo both to woohoo. (They did have relation in the first hood.)
This never happens on any other Sims but for the ones that came from Sleepycats Hoods.

Quote from: Mootilda
That isn't safe. Sleepycat found out later that all of her hoods were corrupted because she was moving occupied lots. Many of her occupied lots were also corrupted, although some of them may accidentally be safe (because there were no references to other sims). marka93, please don't suggest that as a safe method.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2013, 11:48:40 AM »
Well, if you have used the method with other sim families without a problem, then I would suggest that the problem lies with Sleepycat's families or lots, and is therefore not universally unsafe.

I'd suggest, though, that the time that is safest to do this is when a family has just been created in CAS and then moved into a house.  If necessary (as it was when I made the Small Family) ban all walkbys until you have made whatever adjustments you need to make, and then save the lot, with family inside.  I only ever uploaded two occupied lots, the Small Family and one other (whose name escapes me) but I don't remember anyone having the problems you mentioned.

I think, if you use the method to save a corrupted hood, maybe it's ok to save all the existing families by this method, but maybe except in an emergency, best avoided.  However, I do know that Inge saw nothing intrinsically unsafe in the method and even thought that it would be possible to put all the sims in a hood into one lot (using lotfullofsims) and save them all - provided, of course, that you are prepared to wait around three days (RT) for them to save....

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2013, 05:33:19 PM »
It's not uncommon for me to send a sim to a community lot, met another for the first time, and jump into the photobooth.  And with the sims coming from Sleepycat, it wouldn't surprise me if she set them up to be perfect matches for each other.  Take a look at lightning bolts and ACR's "Will I woohoo?" and you should find your reason.

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »
That's just it "THEY" have never met in this hood yet, I can send 1 Sim there and as soon as one that they have woohoo with in the old hood steps on to the lot they go straight to the photo both to woohoo with out having met.

This only happens with Sleepycats Sims, no other Sims do this.
No other Sims that have less that 60-70% will even try to woohoo by ACR.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 05:41:46 PM by mark93 »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2013, 06:51:35 PM »
Really, Mark. I can confirm what AH says. I frequently see sims meet each other for the first time, and without introduction immediately initiate woohoo.... SUCCESFULLY! Romance sims in particular are good at this, but I've seen others do it too. If they're hard up enough, they'll shag anyone at the drop of a hat. ANY hat! And I've NEVER had any of Sleepy's sims in my hoods.

And from what I've heard around the web, especially Sleepy's sims are famous for their loose morality in that respect. Ask around at the asylum, and you'll get plenty confirmation.

But all that ONLY with ACR installed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:54:30 PM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 06:56:33 PM »
I'd suggest you look carefully at those sims in SimPE.  Maybe somewhere there is still a check for knowing an Unknown who just happens to have the same ID as the one they woohooed with without having met them?  Also, check all Unknowns in Sim Relations to make absolutely sure that none of them is the remnant of a sim, rather than the car, the bird, etc. - check their DNA and Wants and Fears.  If they have either, or both, the likelihood is they are, as I said, the remnants of actual sims.  Use Theo's Deleter to get rid of them.

Pleasure sims are the worst for woohooing with anyone, especially when attending a party at their child's house at Uni!  (But then, Uni seems to loosen a lot of morals.....)

Offline mark93

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 07:42:53 PM »
I know  I cant explain it right, after what the bat box removes I go in to SimPE and remove all other memories and tokens but for the Sim Loaded token. There are no Unknown Sims any where that I can find for the bat box had removed them.

Back to the ACR part, I have never had any Sims act like what you all are saying here except for Sleepycats Sims.

This should not happen unless there is another place in the game that the info is kept were neither SimPE or the bat box knows of.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2013, 01:44:56 AM »
You're explaining just fine, Mark. You're merely not listening. Your experiences aren't the only ones in the world. Many other people play sims, and they have experiences which obviously are different from yours. When they tell you that ACR can change sims so they DO randomly fornicate with newly-met neighbors, there is no reason to doubt them! Believe us all: ACR does that. That's why most of us love it so much.

You remove all memories and tokens, but you leave the Token Sim Loaded in? Why would you keep that token? It serves no purpose but to slow down your game!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2013, 03:38:20 AM »
I agree that ACR can act contrary to settings.  Cassandra Dreamer has just given birth to her second set of twins, so I turned on birth control.  She's 9 days off being an elder, and yet she still managed to get pregnant again!!!

BTW, I think a lot of the problem is caused by Maxis, not TJ!!!  I ended the relationship between Dustin Broke and Angela Pleasant as soon as I was about to play the Brokes, unchecked all their relationship points and dropped their friendship levels down to around zero.  No BFF memory at this point, as the game hadn't updated them for FT yet.  However, Dustin continued to get phone calls from Angela and these carried on after he went to college.  The same happened with Angela. Just as well I ended their teenage romance, not only because it was screwing up Dustin's life, but because they have negative bolts for each other!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:50:34 AM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2013, 04:09:02 AM »
BTW, I think a lot of the problem is caused by Maxis, not TJ!!!

Ain't that the truth! I recently figured out how Token Sim Loaded holds up the game. I think I'll put that in the thread that led to the creation of NSL :D

Edit to add: Done :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:28:19 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2013, 05:10:50 AM »
That makes sense to me, especially since I noticed the token didn't appear much in college lots at first, although towards the end of a student's college life, they appeared more and caused more lag.  And of course, the larger the household, the more lag!  But on top of the initial lag, there was lag all the time, sims moving jerkily, etc.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »
Yeah, my explanation only covers the initial lag. I have yet to figure out where the rest comes from. It's a tough one because apart from the BHAV that creates those tokens, I have yet to see another BHAV that actually accesses them. And if such BHAVs don't exist, then how the heck is that lag caused?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2013, 12:26:15 PM »
Wish I knew!  The only thing I do know is that the token is created initially after the game is loaded, but at what point I never found out.  Removing the token in SimPE prevented the lag, so it would seem to me that the token just gets corrupted every time it is created.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »
Perhaps. We may never know for sure. And seeing as how we make them disappear nowadays, who cares how or why they are a problem, right? We've done our bit for king and country :P

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2013, 01:17:58 PM »
Indeed (or queen & country...)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2013, 01:26:47 PM »
 :thumb:

anything