Author Topic: ACR2 and Romance Sims  (Read 4759 times)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
ACR2 and Romance Sims
« on: September 25, 2009, 04:42:32 AM »
I've noticed a lot of Romance sims trying for baby the very first time they woohoo with another sim.  Low STR/LTR, well below the 70/70 I was used to in ACR1.  It may be happening with other aspirations too, but since all BIG sims are made Romance as teens, then change to what would be more appropriate after aging to adult...if I feel like changing them...I've really noticed it with Romance/Romance combinations.

Where does smooth talk fit into the jealousy feature?  It will cause jealousy when used.  Perhaps in some future iteration it could be added to the autonomous actions, also.

Edit:  Looking further into this with the TFB dialog on, a romance couple with no kids.  Both show TFB% of 70 when showing their stats.  With the photobooth, hottub, sofa, and bed the TFB dialog shows -40% for aspiration, -0% for kids and the adjusted TFB odds of 60%.
The pregnancy dialog then showed the TFB odds of 70%.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:02:55 AM by ancienthighway »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: ACR2 and Romance Sims
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 07:07:58 AM »
I must admit it isn't something I've noticed, although most of my romance sims are very *accident-prone* - but I have woohoo set at 100/100 as the default, and don't use Inteen.

I use smooth talk when a romance sim has just met a new partner through TJ's crystal ball, and it works wonders for getting the relationship off to a good start!  I'd personally like to see it included in Pescado's macrosocialize - romantic interaction, although I shan't be asking for it......
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 03:58:29 PM »
Attached to your head are you?   :lol:

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 04:38:30 PM »
No, she likes being poked with sticks!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »
Just the opposite - besides, I said that I wouldn't post at Maty again, and I always try to keep my promises!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:03:12 AM »
Edited the OP.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »
My game is running at the moment, and if I should find an un-edited romance sim I'll check their stats for you.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »
Those two sims were fresh out of CAS.  Only changes made was their interactions.  I think what's happening is the adjustments are being made to 100% rather than the base TFB percentage.  I'm guessing it's happening with the other aspirations also, it's just more noticeable with Romance sims since they shouldn't want a bunch of rug rats interfering with their love life.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »
Well, I have the TFB dialog off, but just looking at my sim's stats, TFB is 63%, which is the same for the family sim who shares the house.  Both are straight from CAS.  I think that is just because they are young sims - I think those odds probably go down as they get older.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 07:34:21 AM »
Those odds do go down as they get older. The 70% is the starting value for the odds to get pregnant and decreases each day. The odds to switch woohoo to try for baby has always started from 100, with the two romance sims getting -20 each so 60% odds would be correct.

I do agree though that try for baby should have a higher relationship requirement. Were these sims married or do you have unmarried TFB turned on?
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 07:44:54 AM »
They were unmarried, very low STR/LTR when I started the test with a TFB coming up right away.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 08:06:31 AM »
Interesting, TJ.  If I've got Inge's mod that they can't age up unless I age them up will the stats still lower everyday?  If they do, and I don't want them to is there a way around it, or they can just be changed in the ACR pie menu, right?

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 08:11:04 AM »
Yes it will continue to decrease but it's completely modifiable.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 08:12:05 AM »
The only way, I think, for the game to recognise sims as younger, is to use a mod to actually remove days, or the elixir of life.  Any mod which basically uses the *aging off* cheat, only keeps them from aging at the visible level - there are default sims that are, in fact, 1,000s of days old.  I recently experimented with one of my elders, aging her down to adult with *agesimscheat*.  I still needed to give her elixir for her to get pregnant.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 09:36:44 AM »
That's interesting.  I will be keeping that in mind.  Age them down with blender, give them elixir of life to impregnate.  :cheese:

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 10:38:54 AM »
I just noticed that recently since I never age down my sims.  I had an elder wish for youth, and became a 62 year old teen.  After seeing this, I'm contemplating whether I'll make a mod for it or not.

With the way the new ACR is working requiring a First Kiss I do plan on seeing if there's a way to set non-playable adults and elders to having the First Kiss without saying who it was with.  It may be that First Kiss with Self needs to come back.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 10:52:58 AM »
I'm guessing they'll be smooching with a mirror, or maybe a pillow.   :lol:  What a memory to have!  :rofl:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 11:02:40 AM »
Elixir isn't a form of AI, Zola - it's just that without it, an elder aged down to adult is still too old to try for a baby, since the total number of days in their life (even for a CAS elder if they've been played for a while) is too many for them to get pregnant.  Elixir actually deducts days.  I don't know about aging down with the blender, whether that does the same, but I don't think it does if you just change their age from elder to adult - but if you then start deducting days it might work - I just prefer for my sims to earn their youth.....

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 01:21:45 PM »
I have a tendency to want them to do that also, ZZ.  Sometimes though I'm adding a little spice for story purposes. :wink:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 04:30:09 PM »
Oh, I agree, it's different if you are using the household as story material, hacks and cheats definitely make it easier if you have a pre-thought-out storyline you want to follow.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 08:10:09 PM »
I have households that I "play" and then the ones that I write...  *and ne'er the twain shall meet - right  :rolleyes::lol: When I'm not in the writing mood I tend to play with certain ones or go back and visit people that I've already told their story and catch them up with what's going on.  So I try to be prepared for as many possibilities as possible - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.   :blink:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 08:29:23 PM »
You could use AH's program for running themed hoods, and have your story hood using one set of mods, and the non-story hood using another.  If it's the same hood, then I would think you could then, after you play, just replace the neighborhood folder for the unplayed hood with a copy of the played one (replace, not overwrite, I think....), so whichever version you play, it still remains in sync with the other.  That way, you wouldn't have to keep removing/replacing mods depending on whether you feel in a storytelling mood.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 08:34:31 PM »
I'll look into it.  Right now I'm playing a series of short stories out that fortunately overlap and I don't have any adoptees that need to mess the story up by falling into lust.  But, who knows what the future will hold when I get a few more played out/written.  :cheese:

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 09:37:05 PM »
I can tell someone really likes that little program.   :smile:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 04:05:38 AM »
It makes such a difference, AH!  No more swapping custom stair scripts in and out of the program files, for starters..... :thumb:

anything