Author Topic: ACR2 And Honeymoon  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
ACR2 And Honeymoon
« on: September 21, 2009, 08:23:31 PM »
I seemed to misplace a similar post somewhere in this section or the other section for TJ's Mods, BUT the problem is a different one from what was discussed about pregnant women and honeymoons. This time, the error was thrown after a woman went on her honeymoon and wasn't pregnant.

As soon as she and her new husband entered the limosine, ACR2 threw an error. This ticked me off because it happened every time a Sim couple goes on their honeymoon, and the error only points to a female Sim in question every time whether she's pregnant or not.

This is the error log from tonight after I played through the wedding scenario with a handful of guests. Nobody blocked the newly wed couple from going to their limosine.

I thought by now, this problem would be fixed and released in the next version of ACR2, but.. it does get annoying when we have repeating problems with ACR2 and honeymoons. I liked weddings and often made sure my Sims at least have good memories of getting married and going off on their honeymoons.

Haven't seen TJ since his last statement about having a bugfix ready and saying that it was being tested personally, but that was it. I do hope things are alright for him on the homefront.

Figured this error log would provide a different clue as to why the female Sims (pregnant or not) are throwing errors after they enter their limosine to go off on their honeymoons. I thought this would be contributed to Inteen, but I looked at the log and figured something is playing wonky in ACR2.

*Edited*

Removed the log.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:31:45 AM by Chaavik »
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Come play Aetolia with us!

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Re: ACR2 And Honeymoon
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:17:18 PM »
I posted the bugfix version. Thanks for the kick in the butt to get it out there. :wink:

The problem was with all sims & honeymoons. Male, female, preggers, not preggers, didn't matter. Its fixed though.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 12:31:09 AM »
 :yay:

Just Desserts!  :cheese:
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 03:20:46 AM »
Meh.. The new fix worked for ACR2 and Honeymoon this time, BUT a new error was thrown.

Problem:

The honeymoon started without a hitch. Both Sims reached the limosine just fine without being blocked, and both left together. No error was thrown this time at a female Sim on her honeymoon.

This time, the error was thrown because the male Sim was originally a teen townie. Attached is a new error log that failed to determine if the male Sim was an NPC or not.

He was moved to Uni via Send Sim To College from the main 'hood. He became a playable Sim when I moved him in with his girlfriend (my 2nd generation BIG Sim) who already resided on a Uni lot.

ACR2 did not seem to recognize him as a playable Sim. I reset him, and he seemed fine.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 06:53:17 AM »
Wow, this one threw me for a loop for a while. That was a stoooopid mistake on my part. It had nothing to do with the sim, it was just bad code. I'll have a fix up later today.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 03:09:32 PM »
Awesome! I also got the same error when my 2nd twin went on her honeymoon with her husband. This time, she was a 2nd generation BIG Sim. The error was thrown on her.

Let us know when you can get a fix up ready for us.

Chocolates are on the house.  :smile:

anything
anything