Author Topic: Adults just stand and jump in another spot and teens work as usual  (Read 2059 times)

Offline nortonsapple

• Babbling Baby
Adults just stand and jump in another spot and teens work as usual
« on: September 12, 2009, 08:47:46 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question that I hope one of you could assist me with. I have been reading and checking and decided to see how the new ACR beta works. Install seems fine and all was well until a few moments ago. My adult sims will not do anything but the "oh, fresh air" and "aren't I wicked" type animations unless directed. The teens seem perfectly normal and go about their day as usual. Is there a setting that I missed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Adults just stand and jump in another spot and teens work as usual
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 09:49:25 AM »
Could you start by letting us know what your game configuration is (ie what EPs you have?)  Also helpful would be if you run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from www.simwardrobe.com and let us know of any odd conflicts that might be causing this.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline nortonsapple

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 10:31:02 AM »
Thank you and I am sorry I did not initially give the information that you would need to assist me. I read TJ's "Help with the basics" and realized that as much as I have lurked on this site I never read it. I did download the conflict program and once I removed the old version of the acr all was well. It may have been the way I had my folders labels. I know some things have to be loading in a particular order.

If I should need help again; I will remember to use the tools I have access to and supply those that would help me with the things they need.

Thanks again!

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 11:01:32 AM »
It always helps to remove the original mod.... :smile:  I'm glad you found out, though, it's easy, especially if you play on more than one PC, to forget you haven't removed one version before installing another.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 12:27:12 PM »
It can happen to us all.  Thank you for being a responsible poster.  :thumb:

Garnet Avi

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »
I had this same problem, but I also had the original ACR installed as well. Mostly because the "quick notes" for 2.0 said:
You DO NOT need to uninstall version 1.x prior to installing version 2.0
I must assume I misinterpreted this, but it might help future users to clarify this point a bit.

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 12:10:22 AM »
You don't need to uninstall it, but you do need to overwrite the files - more than one version of any mod is a no-no, as most of us realise.  Some mods can be overwritten, as the ACR files can, others should be deleted and replaced (maybe because they have a new filename), and it helps to know which is which.

anything