Author Topic: Question About ACR 2 Beta 3 and Pescado's Romance Mod  (Read 12395 times)

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
Question About ACR 2 Beta 3 and Pescado's Romance Mod
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:30:31 AM »
As I was reading the documentation on Pescado's mods and installing the mods, I came across the Romance mod.

I am curious if the Romance mod is needed if ACR 2 includes the "Friend Zone" feature? Both mods seem to share the same feature just from reading the descriptions on these two.
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Come play Aetolia with us!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Question About ACR 2 Beta 3 and Pescado's Romance Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:06:33 AM »
I use both.  I'm pretty sure they deal with different aspects of relationships.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Ndainye

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 07:59:31 PM »
Romance Mod is very different from friends zone, Romance mod won't keep sims that are attracted to each other from interacting though it can effect the results of those interactions.  Friends zone will flag certain sims as off limits to ACR directed actions. 

That said Romance Mod is not needed for ACR to work well, I haven't used it in over a year.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 01:33:28 AM »
Actually, I wouldn't mind if further clarification can be done to see if the Romance mod is just an optional mod to go with ACR 2 now that it is ACR 2 we're playing and testing with.

I recalled that the Romance mod worked fine with ACR 1. ACR 1 was wholly different in functionality.

If our benevolent leader of Simbology World would kindly let us know, we would be grateful and offer chocolate sacrifices treats.  :cheese:
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 02:31:04 AM »
When I started using Marhis' Gender Preference mod, I found that it didn't play well with the Romance mod, which I then removed. The result pleased me!

When I started using ACR 2, I read the recommendation to install Romance mod as well (among other things). Read it and ignored it, really. So far, I have not found a reason to switch back. I too, though, would like to understand what the reasoning behind the recommendation is.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Ndainye

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 09:47:54 AM »
When I found out how much the Romance mod effects creature sims (mainly zombies and servos) I asked TJ if it was necessary for ACR(1).  He told me it was optional, so I removed it.  Since installing ACR2 I haven't reinstalled the Romance Mod and I've had no issues with it working correctly.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 09:49:41 AM »
Well, maybe it's because I don't have zombies or servos that I haven't noticed a problem.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 04:41:14 PM »
Romance Mod has always been optional. It's not necessary to any function of ACR 1 or 2. To be honest I haven't delved into the romance mod code in a LONG time so I don't remember what all it does other than what's in the RTFM. I've been meaning to remove it myself to see what changes I notice but haven't yet.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 05:10:41 PM »
Thank you!!

My peasant offering of chocolate:

I was wondering if ACR 2 retains the features of the Romance mod because the descriptions seemed similar enough to consider removing it. But we do want to know since we used this mod for a long time with ACR 1.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 06:52:11 PM »
I think that if you're using the Maxis cheating fix plug-in with ACR2 (or 1 really) the romance mod is probably not doing much noticeable. With the plug-in installed the two main features of the romance mod, jealousy control and stupid interaction control, are basically covered. Not exactly in the same ways but enough that you probably wouldn't notice much difference. There are a lot of people who've never installed or have uninstalled the romance mod with no undesirable changes.

ETA: Oh and MMMM...peasant chocolate... :biglaugh:
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 02:10:46 AM »
Romance Mod has always been optional. It's not necessary to any function of ACR 1 or 2.

That's clear! If it weren't optional, it would have been a requirement, not a recommendation :cheese:
And it's hard to know what any of Pes' mods do, unless you take them apart and examine their contents bit by bit.
But then YOU advise/recommend us to (optionally) include the Romance mod, so I start wondering if I'm missing something without it... Not much, probably. Thank you for clarifying!

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 05:43:55 AM »
Quote from: BoilingOil
...And it's hard to know what any of Pes' mods do, unless you take them apart and examine their contents bit by bit...

Good grief, 'aint that the truth!

~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 08:21:02 AM »
And even with both ACR2 and the Romance mod, the game will still send a lonely Virgo sim to visit autonomously and make a move on a sim who is already engaged......

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »
Virgos, Scorpios and I think one or two other signs shouldn't initiate romantic moves on other Sims because they're supposed to be SHY. They should allow other Sims to initiate romantic moves on them first as sort of "breaking the ice".

Scorpios should be slightly more outgoing than Virgos. Or any Sims with less than 5 points in Outgoing shouldn't initiate any romantic move first.

I'm not sure what ACR 2 was thinking when it was dealing with Virgos, Scorpios and other similar signs with less than 5 points in Outgoing, but let's just say there are things best left unexplained..  :halo:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 10:50:44 AM »
I know, but in that case, why is Ivana (aka teenage Ivy) Copur making all the moves on Zen Whyte, who is, as I said, already engaged to Meadow Thayer?  He repulsed her the first time she tried, but he's a very, very nice Libra, and the second time, I think he just felt sorry for her!

Offline Tamha

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »
I get why ACR would have Scorpios be amorous, honestly I don't know what EAxis was thinking on that end. All the Scorps I know are very outgoing with romance aspirations!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 12:48:04 PM »
Well, Scorpios certainly don't have, even within CAS limitations, to be very shy.... there's quite a bit of leeway for Scorpios, unlike some signs.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 05:37:37 PM »
I'm a Libra with Scoprio tendencies. I tend to be shy in real life and be serious most times, and then BAM! I pull pranks or crack jokes, being funny at times. The curse of being born between the end of the Libra sign (21st) and the start of the Scorpio sign (23rd). I'm on the 22nd. So what does that make me? Liborpio?  :hmm:

But seriously, I think Sims with less than 5 Outgoing points, regardless of their zodiac sign, should not initiate any romantic interaction first.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 10:32:14 PM »
At least not when the sim they want to be romantic with is the fiance of one of their best friends!  I mean, if you have two shy, unattached sims, and they are really attracted to each other, one of them has to make the first move!

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 03:22:40 AM »
Wasn't there an option on ACR for silent pregnancy? Am I wrong about that? If it is in ACR2, where do I find it please?

I'm finding those chimes very annoying, and I was sure I had turned them off previously.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 05:23:27 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen an option for either version.  Somehow, I thought it was part of Inteen.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 11:35:05 AM »
Silent pregnancy is a part of Inteen as a flavor, not as an option.

But if you're playing Sims 2 with ACR 2 but not with Inteen, you could ask TJ to look into that as an option.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 10:34:45 PM »
I think there was a thought about (eventually) maybe making it an ACR option, by sim instead of global.  :hmm: 

when I don't have InTeen (and the silent pregnancy flavor pak) in, I use syberspunks Quiet Pregnancy hack.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 04:24:26 AM »
I certainly don't have Inteen. I guess I must have had Syberspunk's hack after all.

It would be nice if this was an option in ACR.

Also, it's just taken me ages to locate this question again - I posted in the wrong thread!  :blush: thnaks for your replies.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »
Did anyone see the request thread for new stuff on ACR 2? I didn't, but I just thought of something that I would like to see.

There was an option (not really a toggle, but I wished it was) on Sim Blender to have pregnancy info without knowing who the father is. I wanted to have it as a toggle so I can choose how I want to see the pregnancy info: with or without the father's name.

I thought that maybe this should also be an option on ACR to toggle between having the pregnancy info with the father's identity or the pregnancy info without the father's identity.

Got the idea from reading aelflaed's comment about silent pregnancy options for ACR if no Inteen was installed.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
Did anyone see the request thread for new stuff on ACR 2? I didn't, but I just thought of something that I would like to see.

There was an option (not really a toggle, but I wished it was) on Sim Blender to have pregnancy info without knowing who the father is. I wanted to have it as a toggle so I can choose how I want to see the pregnancy info: with or without the father's name.

I thought that maybe this should also be an option on ACR to toggle between having the pregnancy info with the father's identity or the pregnancy info without the father's identity.

Got the idea from reading aelflaed's comment about silent pregnancy options for ACR if no Inteen was installed.

with ACR Beta, you can already check the pregnancy scanner with or without the dad info. *uses it all the time*  It's a feature I requested.  :cheese:  Of course with never being satisfied, I'd kind of like a option without the dads info and without the amount of babies expected.  :zip:

The original ACR 2.0 request thread is (a sticky) over in the "I want" section.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 09:27:22 PM »
Of course with never being satisfied, I'd kind of like a option without the dads info and without the amount of babies expected.  :zip:
:chair:

:yank:

One of these days I'll actually work on ACR again. Too nice outside and too many projects around here to do. Anyone want to paint, refinish a bedroom set, strip wallpaper and paint, and paint some more? Oh, and I think there's probably some more painting to do somewhere around here too. :dry:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 02:49:13 AM »
 :lol:

Enjoy the nice weather and get some of those projects done. We ain't going anywhere.  X)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 03:53:39 AM »
No, it's just our Sims that go :) But nice weather must be enjoyed whenever it's there, since it doesn't come on demand.

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 04:54:04 AM »
Of course with never being satisfied, I'd kind of like a option without the dads info and without the amount of babies expected.  :zip:
:chair:

:yank:

One of these days I'll actually work on ACR again. Too nice outside and too many projects around here to do. Anyone want to paint, refinish a bedroom set, strip wallpaper and paint, and paint some more? Oh, and I think there's probably some more painting to do somewhere around here too. :dry:

Haven't you got an old friend which you could invite for a visit? I did that. It was very helpful.

Offline kacidama

• BFBVFS
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 06:17:35 AM »
I like painting and my idea of nice weather is when it isn't sunshiney so you could enjoy the weather and I will paint (and LV can bake cookies and make ice cream)

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 01:20:20 PM »
I can send my 3 lazy cats over to help you paint:halo:

Hope you were enjoying the weather and keeping cool out in the heat 'round this time of the year.  :smile:

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 04:07:22 PM »
I have three of those of my own. They are always more than willing to get in the way help. :lol:

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 04:25:35 PM »
 :lol:  No matter what projects you are working on - if yours are like my four... they are in the middle of it - "helping", sure if you want to call it that.  :lol:

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 07:14:55 PM »
 :lol:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 01:41:08 AM »
Dogs are great helpers, if you want your tin of paint sent flying by a wagging tail!  (If you're painting floorboards, I suppose it might be regarded as helping....)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 02:34:58 AM »
I have three of those of my own. They are always more than willing to get in the way help. :lol:

Three? Has your oldest cat died?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 04:31:04 AM »
One of TJ's cats disappeared around 18 months ago, just after Simbology opened, I think it was.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 04:22:05 PM »
Yeah we did. We do still have 4 officially but one is an outdoor only wild cat who pretty much only loves us 'cause we feed him. X)

Offline aelflaed

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2009, 07:49:38 PM »
Cupboard love has its place. We had a cat once who went feral (he didn't like the new dog). He only visited when he'd been in a bad enough fight that he needed nursing.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2009, 01:19:42 AM »
Can't say I blame the cat!  He was, after all, *in residence* and probably felt he should have been consulted!

anything
anything