Author Topic: Birth Control issue...  (Read 2549 times)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Birth Control issue...
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:59:05 AM »
Hi TJ,

I'm sorry that I need to be the party-pooper again...

On my Farmer family lot, I now have four married couples. I switched on birth control for all the males, assuming that this would prevent them from impregnating their wives. However, in one Sim hour, at their first attempt, all wives were with child!

Risky WooHoo default is set to 100% for the lot hood, so almost every shot should be a duck <grin>, but I would have guessed that a rubber was a bit stronger than that. Fortunately, there's always a morning after pill, as well as many other ways to get over it.

ETA: I retried the whole thing with Birth Control set on the women, and now half of them got knocked up.  /ETA

I thought that if this was not intentional behavior (very likely), you might want to know about it. If there's anything else you need to know, just say the word.

Thanks, BO
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 06:15:37 AM by BoilingOil »

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
Re: Birth Control issue...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:11:23 AM »
I had the same issue and reported in in the main acr beta thread, but no one ever replied.  In my case risky woohoo was set to the default but they kept rolling, succeeding and getting pregnant anyway.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:17:52 PM »
This will be fixed in the next release.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

tlhs

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:46:26 AM »
I'm sorry for necromancing, but I thought it might be better than starting a new thread for the same issue.

I am using the latest version of ACR2. Last night, I was playing a married couple and I put the wife on birth control. It was only about 5 real-time minutes later that she and her husband jumped into bed, at which point she got pregnant. It wasn't from risky woohoo, since I didn't get any pop-up to that effect. None of her other token settings had been adjusted at all. Her husband was not on birth control at the time, nor had I adjusted any of his other settings.

So I guess I'm wondering if this issue is still a problem in the latest version, or if I have something going wrong in my game.