Author Topic: Casual WooHoo rejected?  (Read 5151 times)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Casual WooHoo rejected?
« on: June 15, 2009, 03:00:36 AM »
Hi, TJ!

In one family, there are 4 Teen siblings: Janice and Jenny (both gay girls), and John and Josh (both straight guys). Each and every one of them is deeply in love with the same two bisexual neighbor girls, named Angela and Brittany. All relevant relationships are 100/100 and they all have at least one bolt, and for all six teens "the One Sim" is set to "None - Static".
Also, to prevent trouble from happening, I've set Lot settings.../Jealousy override to "0 - No Jealousy".

Now Janice can WooHoo with Angela, and Josh with Brittany, but in all other possible combinations, WooHoo is rejected! They will find a bed and relax, and they may start a conversation, but then the next interaction is rejected and they get up again...
And it seems to be worse: all Maxis interactions (except for WooHoo, of course) are possible, but more than just occasionally, many of the casual interactions are rejected, although never for the two "couples" Janice-Angela and Josh-Brittany.

I'm using ACR v2.0 beta 3 and HCDU detects no conflicts that involve ACR.

Is there something I'm missing?

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
Re: Casual WooHoo rejected?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:47:32 AM »
I think the answer is as simple as sims being fussy sometimes and do not always act as their programming (and/or hacks) would let you think they would. It could be fear of jealousy triggering the rejection (fear of jealousy being one of the things which is not in their programming), despite the override. Or something else which is not visible.

However, to give an example, last night I played the Dreamers (Dirk and his wife) and Angela Gardener nee Pleasant and her husband afterwards. They are in a similar situation, both couples have about the same attraction between them, they have one child at toddler age, the only difference is that Dirk's wife is currently pregnant and Angela is not. While Angela and her husband were all over each other, there were no romantic interactions between Dirk and Emmy. There is nothing which would offer a reasonable explanation - sim-wise - but I swear that Dirk will not touch his wife when she is pregnant. I will go back into their house in a moment and I am willing to place a bet that they will hop into bed as soon as she has given birth. Why he is acting like that? I have no idea. There are no such thoughts as "I am not attracted to my wife when she is pregnant" or "I am afraid that she could lose her child" in a sim and yet it seems that way.
The problem, at least for me, is that it feels wrong to force them into a behaviour when they are not wanting to do it autonomously. I get frustrated with them occasionally, wondering why two teenage sims who could not wait to woohoo when they were not even friends are suddenly not doing it anymore now that they are in love and going steady, but still can't bring myself to give them orders. Anyway, from my experience what you have described above is not so unusual. It is the hardship of autonomy, but also adds to its fascination.
Of course something could not be working right, but I assume that it is only sims having their own head.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 03:27:55 AM »
I have had a number of male sims that weren't interested in their pregnant spouse/partner/girlfriend. After the baby was born they'd be right back to being all over her.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 03:29:48 AM »
@Doren: I *do* order them if I feel the need, but with these Teens that has been a wasted effort. And it's not that they won't do it, but rather that the subject responds negatively (lowering the relationship scores, of course), even to a directed casual *flirt*.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 05:08:05 AM »
I have had a number of male sims that weren't interested in their pregnant spouse/partner/girlfriend. After the baby was born they'd be right back to being all over her.

Yes, and I remember Dirk Dreamer being one of them in one of your very early stories. I would have won my bet last night (if I hadn't defined "woohoo in bed"), because after the child was born and Dirk returned from work they dropped everything and instantly went for the hot tub. He is not the only one in my game either.

BO: I know my example was not perfectly fitting because it was a case of not doing anything instead of reacting negatively, I only meant to say that sometimes they do (or will not do :rolleyes:) things although there is no technical/logical explanation. As far as rejection goes, I had this with Lilith Pleasant and her husband. At one time he proposed going steady and she refused. I thought it was just a random thing build into the Syberspunk's hack and reloaded the house again and again (and exited without saving). Poor Ben earned one rejection after the other. An engagement proposal she would have accepted, going steady - no way.
Are there always all four of them present? Have you played around with it a bit, for example setting their One from none to the sim which is currently rejected or getting them to meet at a different house? What is the exact lightning bolt situation?

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:38:45 AM »
Just wanted to post that I was looking into this.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 03:00:10 PM »
Are there always all four of them present? Have you played around with it a bit, for example setting their One from none to the sim which is currently rejected or getting them to meet at a different house? What is the exact lightning bolt situation?

Yes, they're always all present... They have no choice. It's a kind of mixture of AH-challenges: they live off the land, and are not allowed to leave the lot ever, except for school (kids and teens only). No college and no jobs (no teen jobs either). I limit their options even more... They can only date redheads, and have no electronic devices on the lot. Any adult visitors that end up in bed with a resident, risks getting pregnant (risky WooHoo 100%) and be moved in using the Blender.

Anyway, if one of the teens is there, the others can't be far away. The siblings all have two bolts with Brittany, and one with Angela. The exception here is John, who has two bolts with Angela as well. Brittany even rejected Josh John when he was her one, and she was going steady with him... He wasn't even allowed to casually *flirt* with her.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 03:09:49 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »
I do believe I've found and squishified the bug in the 'Am I going to get caught?' code. They could think they were going to get caught cheating even when they couldn't/wouldn't.

I'll be posting an update once I've had a chance to test the fix. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 09:00:41 PM »
:yay: That's fantastic news, TJ. Thanks a million.

Added note to Doren: the reason why this puzzled me mostly, was that adults seem to be less picky about it. They don't mind casually woohooing with someone other than their "One" :)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 11:44:22 AM »
Well, I did fix the one issue but during testing ran another similar problem and I'm having problems tracking that one down. I'll plug away at it some more tonight to see if I can figure out what the deal is.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 03:34:58 PM »
Similar problem = directed Adult-Teen interactions?

When I tried to have daddy's live-in mistress get intimate with Janice (the oldest teen daughter - relationship somewhere around 100/90 both ways), I would again see negative reactions...

Then out of the blue, ACR offers a sweet surprise: the mistress autonomously hit the sack with Janice one satuday morning, because daddy was at that time impregnating his wife for the eighth time :) And there was not even a crush between them. Now they're in love, and the mistress changed her "One", too... Wonderful! :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 03:36:34 PM by BoilingOil »

anything