Author Topic: Incest. Possible glitch.  (Read 6606 times)

SammiStar

Incest. Possible glitch.
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »
Sorry if I post this wrong, feel free to shout if I have! I was playing with my legacy family today and all was going well with ACR (loving the new options, especially the friend zone one, thank you) but then this happened:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/EvilSuperStar/Sims/gross.png

Nothing wrong with that you may think, but the sim he was trying to interact with was his youngest daughter. I didn't see whether he'd act on it as I was far too grossed out, but with hindsight perhaps I should have as I don't know if that would make a difference if there is a problem? It did only show up that one time though and I played the game for maybe three hours today.

I did run a HCDU test before loading up the game with this in for the first time and it didn't find any conflicts, nor did I have any other issues at all. Is there any other information I need to add? Dunno if it's of any use but I have all EPs and SPs apart from M&G.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Re: Incest. Possible glitch.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 05:24:39 PM »
Does she show correctly in his family tree?
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »
in all the time I have used ACR, it has never allowed incest (even if you set them to be in-love).

Chatot recently had a sibling incest issue recently and thought it was ACR too. those siblings had bolts for each other so I felt they must have lost their family ties somehow.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=4244.0

TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

SammiStar

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »
I apologise for the late reply - I've been at work all day. Evie was still showing correctly as his daughter and I did check the 'kiss' options and only the normal 'family kiss' interaction was showing up. He didn't have any bolts for her either. I've never had any of these types of issues with ACR before and the thing that's led me to believe the problem stems from it is that although Evie and her father were enemies (would that perhaps have any bearing on this?) all of the flirt interactions were showing up.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »
I can't see how this can happen, unless you have another mod in your game that is causing it!  I even had an issue (pre-ACR) of a couple who were in love as teens before their respective parents married each other, and after that the game saw them as family, even when they grew up and moved out.  They had all the wants for flirting, kissing, etc., the grandmother of one of them had the want for *relative gets joined union*, but they could only friendly hug and family kiss, until I was able to understand how to use SimPE to remove the family tick..... long, long ago now.

If you aren't sure about what might be lurking in your Downloads folder, maybe from a house you downloaded, then you could use the Clean Installer to check through it just to see if anything has got in that could be causing this.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

SammiStar

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 10:30:38 AM »
I ran the Clean Installer just now (I don't download houses but wondered if perhaps there was anything sneaky hiding with another file I downloaded somewhere) but the only hacks showing up are ones I've downloaded myself. I do, however, have a fair few hacks - mostly from here and Squinge ones, but a large number nonetheless.

Looking at the things highlighted with clean installer I was reminded of a brief problem (that I imagine was to do) with Squinge's TeenRunawayEnabled that cropped up yesterday. Evie had run away shortly before I took that screenshot and after she'd returned the 'Report Teen Missing' option remained on the phone but her name wasn't there, and it was only after she'd come home that that option cropped up. Very odd.

I'm such an idiot though, I don't know why I forgot that before. What I'll do is remove that hack, force one of my teens to run away and see what happens. Sorry for being such a pain, hopefully that is what's causing the problem.

Update: I just tried it out and the problem's disappeared, as has the peculiar phone message so it looks as if TeenRunawayEnabled was the root of the problem so perhaps that and ACR 2 don't play well together as I've used it before with no problems. Like I said though I did run and HCDU check and it didn't throw anything up. Thanks for everyone's help and my apologies for being such a numpty!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:57:01 AM by SammiStar »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 12:04:47 PM »
I'm wondering if somehow she got into the townie family and lost her relationship with the family that way.  I once lost a sim parent to the townie family and I had to find him and then not only return him to the bosom of his family, but remind them all of who he was!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

SammiStar

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 11:29:12 AM »
I'm almost 100% certain that she still had her family relationships though. I'd check with Sim PE but about 10mins after I updated that post yesterday my computer went kaboom. Fairly certain it was the PSU that was the problem though rather than any kind of virus.

Lynsey

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 02:13:16 PM »
I had a similiar situation where my in game born girl sim aged to a teenager.  Her gender preference was randomly selected to be -2 males, 2 female.  A few days later (she had no romantic interactions with other sims yet) she went to sleep in her parents' bed and her mother joined her to sleep -- a few minutes later the father walked in and accused the mom of cheating with their daughter.  No lighting bolts, family tree is intact and as far as I can tell no actual incestual interaction (I really didn't see the mom get into bed with the daughter just heard the noise) but the father was furious with both and in the mother's memories is the affair symbol with her daughter's name attached.  No romantic interactions showed thru the menus though. I don't show any conflicts and I mostly have hacks from twojeffs and inteen.  I changed the girls gender preference to straight, removed the furiousness and fixed the relationship and everything has been fine since then. By the way this is a new family that was created after the download of beta 3.

Thanks much for all of your work on this mod.  I am not sure that I would still be playing the sims without it!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »
Have you got the plug-in (ACR - Plugin - Maxis Cheating Fix) installed?

anything