Author Topic: Question/Suggestion about ACR 2  (Read 12473 times)

Offline jwilmot

• Mushloving Mophead
Question/Suggestion about ACR 2
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:58:33 AM »
I'm not too sure if we're allowed to make suggestions here or not, but I apologize if this is the wrong place!
Anywho, I figured that since there's a new ACR in the works now would be the perfect time to ask for this: Is there any way to make the sim check to make sure no one is in the room before they initiate woo-hoo. I keep having parents strip down and get it on in front of their children. :eew:
I've tried turning down the autonomy, and though it doesn't happen as often, it still happens.
I read the documentation for ACR 2, but haven't tried it yet. But am I right in assuming that what was meant by no added woo-hoo locations means they can no longer woo-hoo on the couch? Because that was the major problem with ACR 1, the kids would be watching a movie and then -BAM-.
Just thought I'd ask. :D

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Question/Suggestion about ACR 2
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:48:36 AM »
They can still woohoo on the couch.  TJ meant he hadn't added any new locations yet, so just the ones in the old version are available.

I have to admit, I did wonder what had happened to the normal parental shooing of kids from the room..... but maybe it isn't ACR that stops that?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline jwilmot

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 05:59:48 AM »
Oh, I hadn't even though of that. It might not be, I do have a mod that stops them from shooing one another out of the bathroom, maybe that has something to do with it. Still, it'd be rude for the parents to shoo their children out of the family room at midday just so they can woo-hoo!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 01:33:11 PM »
Well, it's the parents who pay the bills, so they should have the say-so as to who gets to use the sofa and who gets to go and wash up and clean the toilet.....  :wink:  Or buy them a loveseat to stick in the bedroom.....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »
... and a good lock (developed by Inge) to keep everyone out that doesn't belong there... no peeping toms, it ain't no peep show.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 01:50:21 PM »
Pity, really, since so many of them want to go public!  :lol:  And at least a sofa has more uses than a photo-booth....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »
Yeah, a sofa also makes nicer pictures :lol:

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »
my sims don't use the sofa if other sims (child age & up) are around.  :hmm:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »
Actually, mine don't either, but sometimes they get interrupted with *ask to be read to*!  :omg:

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 06:39:08 PM »
Mine don't seem to care...  :lol: *It might have to do with everything being autonomous - I'm really going to have to rethink that on the lots with kids...  :biglaugh:*

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »
Put two doors on the parent's bedroom, each one locked for themselves only, and put the only sofa in the house in the bedroom too.  Just use armchairs in the lounge!  :smile:

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 03:29:57 PM »
I think some of you have some shooing mods that are interfering. We worked out all these privacy issues during the original testing of ACR1.  It doesn't have to do with Sim autonomy as it is assumed a Sim under ACR control is autonomous anyway.

Sims will not initiate sofa woohoo unless they are pretty assured of privacy. There are additional rules about the kids and others being in bed or being involved in a directed activity before sofa woohoo can happen.

They will get into bed and begin foreplay with others around, but will shoo others out of the room before they actually woohoo. If however, a Sim walks into the room after they have begun woohoo, (no matter the location) they continue on, oblivious to the intruder. The exception to this is when a Sim catches another Sim cheating. They will stop their actions and get out of bed to be slapped.

My ACR1 is zipped on a backup drive at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the privacy rules are outlined in the documentation.

ETA: I use Christianlov's noprivacybathroom. I don't know if it is on MTS2 anymore, but should be available in the graveyard if it isn't. It doesn't interfere with any of the ACR privacy guards.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:32:48 PM by magicmoon »
Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 07:14:04 PM »
Well, I'd probably agree and say yes, my sim parents will shoo kids - funny thing is, though, I've never seen it happen, (at least, not recently) they are usually too busy teaching toddlers and cooking and cleaning to even think about woohoo while the kids are still up!  :biglaugh:  But I definitely remember pre-ACR, when I directed parents to woohoo and there was a kid fast asleep in the same room, they would wake the kid to shoo them out first.....

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 08:21:13 PM »
 :lol:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »
Yes, I know - it was like, well, you wanted a baby brother/sister, so mummy and daddy are going to try and make one for you.  We know it's 3 o'clock in the morning, but too bad, you can go use the bathroom until we say you can come out!  :lol:  I still remember it happening when Beau and Cassandra were a couple, and they lived in the European Townhouse and hadn't at that time got the money to enlarge it......  :rofl:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 12:35:29 AM »
We know it's 3 o'clock in the morning, but too bad, you can go use the bathroom until we say you can come out! :lol:

Teeheehee!! :lol:

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 04:22:44 PM »
I'm not sure whether this is the perfect thread for this, but I just started using ACR 2 Beta 3 and (after physically removing the ACR 1 folder from my Downloads but NOT uninstalling from game) I put in the ACR 2 folder. The game loaded Justin Cleveland's house (not apartment) in Belladonna Cove in AL. He lives with his fiancee atm. My problem began when I let Justin autonomously interact with her (his ACR setting is 0, like hers). An error message popped up like the one below. Then I switched both their autonomy to 1. Again, when they interacted with each other (AND when I selected Justin and clicked on his fiancee to make him interact with her), the same box popped up. So every time they interact, whether through me, or ACR or on their own ACR-less autonomy, it gives that error message. They can interact with the toddlers in the house, just not each other without the message popping up. ACR 1 gave me no problems running with InTeen AL and many of Squinge's and TJ's other mods, so I'm not sure what's going on here. I do not have the ACR cheating fix (it causes conflict with some other mods), but why is this message appearing now?

One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 04:28:06 PM »
Perhaps you could upload the error log - that would be more helpful than just a photograph of the message, I think.

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 04:39:28 PM »
I have the error log but am not quite sure how to upload the txt. Help? :D

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »

you attach it - under Additional Options (don't use quick reply)
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 04:46:11 PM »
Thank you. :D Here it is.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »
Which version of Monique's computer are you using?

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
The latest one updated for AL. The little laptop.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 04:57:36 PM »
So it's not that then... :hmm:

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »
When I first installed ACR 1, it had huge clashes with a lot of things, but it turned out to be Inteen's flavor paks clashing. Am I missing a file or something in the ACR 2 Beta? Aside from that one zip in TJ's post...I don't have any jealousy hacks save for romance mod (painful experience taught me this much at least).I DO have Squinge's flirts-enabled hack (which unlocks the low flirts like Sweet Talk, etc, but that shouldn't interfere with ACR as its coding is just to unhide options that disappear when relationships rise beyond 50 or something. And I have had it all working great with ACR 1. So no idea what's going wrong here. :( Should I upload my custom content list or something?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 05:12:55 PM »
Did you run HCDU?  There shouldn't be a clash between Inteen and ACR, I don't think, but since I don't use Inteen, I could be wrong.  I only know that I installed the Beta as soon as TJ first released the test version, and I never had a problem with anything to do with ACR.  I'd suggest you delete groups.cache, since it may be still trying to access the old ACR files that you deleted.

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 05:21:13 PM »
I'll try that right now, thanks. :D

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 05:34:10 PM »
Agh, no go. Again the same error message. x__x I guess I have no choice but to wait for the official version then. :/

Offline Tamha

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 06:21:57 PM »
There is an option somewhere on the adjuster to reset or reinstall ACR v2. Have you tried to do that? And after you first loaded it, did you get the pop-up saying ACR 2 was successfully installed? If not, reseting it in game should hopefully fix it.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 06:39:12 PM »
The present version of ACR is about as official as it's likely to get until TJ has finished his house-painting..... :smile:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 07:07:45 PM »
Does the error only come up with this couple? If so then forcing an error on them to reset them might help.  :hmm:

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »
I went through all my downloads in that infamous (and aggravating) batch testing technique. Squinge's newest The Fight Club for AL hack is the problem. Now ACR 2 works great but...the sims fight outcomes suck. :( *prays to Squinge to hear plea because she adores that darned mod*. I actually had a problem with the Fight Club mod clashing with other hacks last year post the Seasons EP release. x__x Which is kinda weird because ACR and The Fight Club Mod don't exactly have a lot of common ground...>__>

Ah well, I guess I'll live for now. :D Thank you, guys.

Offline Tamha

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 11:01:48 PM »
I didn't know that Squinge did a fight club mod, I've always had the Pescado one. Maybe you could give that one a look instead?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 02:00:31 AM »
Hmm, I know it don't help much, but a lot of problems like this can be avoided by switching off the testingcheats.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 04:30:20 AM »
Hmm, I know it don't help much, but a lot of problems like this can be avoided by switching off the testingcheats.

Well, not really.  They're still there, you just don't see the message about them.  Testing cheats doesn't cause the problems, it's just shows them.  With it off the sims still wouldn't be able to interact with each other, you just might not notice it because they would just "jump" or snap reset.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 04:43:39 AM »
I'd definitely agree with Tamha - Pes and TJ tend to make sure their mods are compatible, or that any incompatibility is solved by load order.  (Or in the few cases where they have made similar mods which deal with the same problem, then TJ always makes it clear in his readme that you can only use one, and what the differences are between his mod and JM's.  That's one reason why I tend to stick to Pescado and TJ as the main providers of mods for my game.)

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 06:26:46 AM »
Oh wait, maybe I have it wrong. It's Pescado's thefightclub.zip, I believe. x___x I landed in my Squinge folder. Does anyone have ACR 2 Beta 3 AND thefightclub running together? And is there maybe a link to the new thefightclub mod because I might have DLed a bad version *throws wild possibilities out there*.

Edit: This is the version I have.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6641.0.html
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:28:51 AM by Tiger-Lily »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2009, 07:03:01 AM »
Try it once it's in the correct folder.  If you have TJ's mods in Simbology, and Squinge's in Squinge, then that may have been the problem as Squinge would load after Simbology.  I always call TJ's folder either TJ or TwoJeffs, depending on how lazy I feel. 

It always helps to know what you have actually called the folders containing your mods when a load order problem is possible.

Offline Katya

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2009, 07:30:43 AM »
I've got both ACR 2 Beta 3 and The Fight Club; however, all my hacks from MATY load before the hacks from here. I've never had that error appear in my game, and for me testingcheats is on the whole time.

Edit: While the version you linked to says it's for EPs up until Pets, it has the same modification date as the one gotten from the AL hack directory.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:33:10 AM by Katya »
Angelos Town Prosperity updated 7th May.

Offline Pandaah

• Mushloving Mophead
    • My LJ
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2009, 07:31:55 AM »
I run both hacks without a problem. (And ACR loades first!)
Have you tryed to clean your cache of your internet browser and download again thefightclub hack?  :unsure: Have you tryed zephyrzodiac's advice and run HCDU?

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2009, 09:01:37 AM »
ACR is in its own folder in the Downloads folder of my game and thefightclub is in the Hacks folder in Downloads. So ACR definitely loads first. I did DL it again and I have run HCDU but no conflict appears. I guess I'll try playing around with the file names so ACR loads last?

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2009, 09:53:36 AM »
Absolutely do that! :thumb: I keep ACR loading last by putting it in the "zzzACR" folder.

Offline Tamha

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
I also have TJ's mods all load after Pescado's, and pretty much all of my other mods between unless they specifically have to load prior to Pescado's or after TJ's. Fixing the load order should fix it for you.

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 06:01:19 PM »
I put a few "zz"'s at the start of my ACR folder and now it works great. :D I love this new ACR. The Cheating options make it so much better. Bu there's this error message that pops up every time you try to copy a token to All Sims in Hood. x__x I read a mention of that in the other ACR download thread, so I guess that's just a glitch.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 12:03:13 AM »
Maybe because of some of the sims without an aspiration?  They seem to cause a lot of problems - mainly, I think, it's the townie kid friends that grow up with your sim.

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2009, 01:13:30 PM »
True say. :D Oh well. ACR's too much fun to worry about the needs of townies anyways.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2009, 01:23:57 PM »
It's easily solved.  Teleport them to a lot, you may need to temporarily move them in, but you should be able to give them an aspiration with the blender.  If you do need to move them in temporarily, just make them a townie again afterwards (Inge's teleporter cat can do this very easily.)

Offline Tiger-Lily

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 11:42:01 PM »
Eh, I'm not worried about it. I have seperate settings for most of my Sims anyways. And Inge's Teleporter collection is stunningly useful, I admit. :D Oh, there's this option labeled "Inge's Inaccessible Beds Is Disabled" in the ACR adjuster under Lot settings. What is that? o__O

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2009, 01:04:15 AM »
Inge made it possible to use a double bed against a wall and the fix for this is somewhere around the Simlogical download pages.... TJ made ACR able to use the beds, but it's disabled by default, you need to enable it if you have them.

If you don't clear up the problem with these townie teens with no aspiration set, you will eventually have problems in your hood.  Do it now!

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2009, 06:59:25 AM »
Is this something one can do in SimPE too, or is the Teleporter the only/best way?
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

anything
anything