Author Topic: Booty Call, please?  (Read 10921 times)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
Booty Call, please?
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »
Hi TJ,

Would you please consider adding the "Booty Call" to the Sim's pie menu? If it weren't just to be able to make a BC, I wouldn't need an adjuster on most of my lots. But now every lot must have one, only so I can order the sims to make the call.

All the other settings are perfectly fine where they are.

Thanks for listening.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: Booty Call, please?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »
Your sims need telling?  :lol:
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline bobbythehacker

• Mushloving Mophead
  • CyberPirate Of The Garen Of Shadows"
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »
-I Only Recently Put ACR Back in my gave,and i never read instruction (Shame on Me).
-So Anyway,I was playing normally (Gabe O'Mackey's Family) ,and all the sudden Gabe had this weird Icon...
That i had never seen before, he kept rejecting my Orders ,then started calling that Girl he met on the sidewalk. -Now! Now! i don't mean Red Lite District's Sidewalk...But anyway ,i was stricken ,i didn't know what was going on... then he waits for her like a good puppy ,right beside the mailbox...
BOOTY CALL indeed!I thing the hole automation of it is 'one of the coolest feature in ACR' ...
Now That's what I call AUTONOMY  !THANKS TJ!
Check Out my Creations at GOS:http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?board=52.0
Download My SIMS:http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showforum=139

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 12:37:55 PM »
Your sims need telling? :lol:

Well, not all Sims, and most certainly not all the time.. And it's not that THEY need it, but sometimes *I* want them to. Autonomy is a good thing and all, but sometimes, certain Sims need a little push.

I just find it impractical to have to zoom in on the adjuster for that occasion, or to even need to have an adjuster on every lot, for that matter.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 01:29:50 PM »
Helps to know where it is, of course..... and you can always stash it in an inventory unless needed.  But I take your point, and I think, if I remember correctly, the option was originally in the sim's pie menu.... or am I mixing it up with something else?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »
Yeah, I know, it's nice to know where it is, zooming in helps there. But if you put it in an inventory, you need to remember whose inventory. (On my lots, that would probably be the Alpha Female).

But what I forgot to say earlier: some lots (like the Lothario residence, with its 8 inhabitants) are a bit too much to put on autonomy right away. Especially, since they're still in the - slightly expanded, but still somewhat smallish - original Lothario home. I can't have 5 people simultaneously making booty calls, when there's only one love seat and one double bed in the house. So they will have to wait for orders :)

"Click Sim, Select Make Booty Call" is a lot faster then "Click Sim, select Adjust ... / ACR ... / Zoom to Adjuster, Click Adjuster, Select Make Booty Call"

And apparently, I'm utterly lazy, and good at stating the obvious :)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 02:07:51 PM »
If you get rid of the cell-phones, then they can't all make Booty Calls at once!  :lol:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 02:14:03 PM »
Yeah, that would stop them dead in their tracks, and not only where it comes to BC :)
Now, if those phones suddenly turned into MP3 players, I wouldn't hesitate to follow your suggestion. Can't have a house full of headbanging Maxis game devs on bad crack, now, can we? :P

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 04:00:51 PM »
Well, it's easy enough to remove them with the Blender or the College Adjuster, and give them back whenever you want.  Might at least tide the Lothario household over till TJ gets back.....

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
Well, not having free will also solve the problem for now (and it's the solution I'm most familiar with). And I'm not an evil ruler, so don't you worry about their 'wants' and 'needs' (not related to the game's terms). They do get whatever they require, but not always at the time *they* want it :tongue:

After all: Yvette was the first teen to be served, though she had to share the honor with her SO, and it was at his place. The other teens will get theirs, once they have someone to share it with. And Don and Ivy aren't cut back either :) And of course, since no other option is available, there is an adjuster at every playable lot, for now. I just hope that won't always be necessary in the future :)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 05:46:23 PM »
Not a bad idea. I'll add it to the list. You'd still need the adjuster around for teen/elder autonomy though.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 06:08:27 PM »
Ah, so there you are!!! Welcome back... How was your weekend?

Not a bad idea. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks, that would be great!

You'd still need the adjuster around for teen/elder autonomy though.

I take it there's no way to change that? Well, that's perfectly fine, TJ. Not all lots will contain teens and/or elders all the time. And if the option is on the Sim's menu, I can always order them if they can't do it autonomously. Some of them have never had autonomy before, anyway.

I'm just happy my request is acceptable to you.

Edited to strike something :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:41:09 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline DMDye

• Wiked Westerly Witch
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 06:26:11 PM »
I have to pipe in... I don't use Inteen, and I really don't want my teen sims having BCs - so I never spawn the adjuster; I rather it stay the way it is in that respect.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 06:39:22 PM »
I don't use Inteen - and I'm never going to - either, because it would be against all my principles to have teens have children. EVEN for Sims :)

Teen woohoo, on the other hand, doesn't bother me too much, but it doesn't need to be autonomous. So I understand where you're coming from. I've stricken that part of my previous message :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:45:19 PM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »
The only time I think I might use Inteen would be if I were playing a historical hood, but the teen would probably get married first, as in those bygone days, they normally did (or got thrown out into the cold, cold snow!)  However, for modern hoods, I have no problem with teens acting like their RL counterparts, albeit with a little more common sense!  :wink:  In other words, they take Mom's advice and take precautions!  :smile:

Offline DMDye

• Wiked Westerly Witch
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 07:45:17 PM »
Thank you, Ted!!   :hug:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »
You're welcome, D :cheese: It just seemed logical to ask, but it wasn't all that important to me.

Of course, we could also restrict autonomy on a per Sim basis, but it would be easy to forget updating certain Sims as they age up. Just not having an adjuster when teens are around is a much easier way. And that's what I requested the BC option in the Sim's menu for, after all :)

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 12:50:12 AM »
You'd still need the adjuster around for teen/elder autonomy though.

I take it there's no way to change that?

just so you (all) know - no that can't be changed.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 12:54:41 AM »
Is ok, I decided I don't want that anyway :wink:

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Love . Peace . Happiness
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »
I agree about teens not getting pregnant, but unfortunatly, having InTeen is the only way to have YAs get married & pregnant.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »
With AL installed, I think it is, but there was AH's College Families mod.....

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 03:42:22 PM »
I would love to see that mod maintained, but I think it has been obsoleted in favor of Inteen. I believe it is still available though.
Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL.

Offline bobbythehacker

• Mushloving Mophead
  • CyberPirate Of The Garen Of Shadows"
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »
Hi TJ,Would you please consider adding the "Booty Call" to the Sim's pie menu?
That's a fantastic idea!I would love that too...Thanks in advance TJ!
Check Out my Creations at GOS:http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?board=52.0
Download My SIMS:http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showforum=139

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »
I would love to see that mod maintained, but I think it has been obsoleted in favor of Inteen. I believe it is still available though.

I don't think AH has removed it, but since he uses Inteen, I suppose it would be a lot of hassle to actually check when anyone has a problem.  But coupled with all his harder college stuff, it should make sims think twice about wanting to go to college! :giggle:

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 12:22:13 AM »
If they would ever actually think of the consequences of their choice, they might reconsider college indeed.
But then, heck, that even goes for the unmodded game. Some sims just aren't cut out for college, yet they ALL roll the want... :omg:

Offline Katya

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 04:17:53 AM »
Some sims just aren't cut out for college, yet they ALL roll the want... :omg:

Agreed. I've got my game set up such that, if a sim goes to college (which all of them do) but doesn't roll any uni-related wants (do group research/assignment/term paper/go to class) and only goes to the final exam, they can just pass. I've found that Family sims in my game never roll any uni wants, yet they're all moepy about not going if I don't send them.
Angelos Town Prosperity updated 7th May.

anything