Author Topic: i need help on the beta version of the acr  (Read 4649 times)

Offline ladytweety2

• Highchair Hipster
i need help on the beta version of the acr
« on: April 23, 2009, 05:35:32 PM »
i don't see the pie menu options... this is complicated i do not understand how to install the hack can somebody please help me from what to do first when you install this mod from first to last

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
Re: i need help on the beta version of the acr
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »
You can find the thread pertaining to the beta ACR here. And as for installation...isn't there documentation included? Try reading it...
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline ladytweety2

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »
i did read the document but i still dont understand it and nothing hasn't changed in my game i don't see no option saying something like acr adjuster in my pie menu

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »
Okay, let's start with the basics: are you sure it installed correctly?
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
ACR won't appear in your sim's pie menu until you click the Adjust option, which should be there.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline DMDye

• Wiked Westerly Witch
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:52:01 PM »
Also, if you had the previous version installed, did you get a message stating that it had been updated?

Offline ladytweety2

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 12:47:25 AM »
no it doesnt say adjust
edit: never mind... what i did was download the beta version start up my game and exit out of it and start it up again it works now!!! thanks i see adjust now but im confused about one thing whats the brothel thing how does that work
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 12:51:26 AM by ladytweety2 »

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 02:09:39 AM »
I already answered a question about the brothel setting in the beta thread.
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline victoriageras

• Babbling Baby
  • Self Sim
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 04:16:18 AM »
Also, if you had the previous version installed, did you get a message stating that it had been updated?

Hello!

I have the same problem with the girl that started the thread.In fact, i download the beta version, i extract the file and i place it in my"downoloads" folder (yes, the file is in it's proper place). I have vista, so the system ask me if i want to replace the existing files (the acr v.1.0). I click yes and the files are replaced. I start my game with acr v 2.0.
when i start to play the sims, and i enter a random household, there isn't any message that indicates any sort of update. Furthermore, the adjuster is present (in the lot) but it has all the options of acr v.1.0.
Is this possible?Has anyone, any ideas on how to fix this?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 05:08:24 AM »
Since you overwrote the original files, the adjusters should be present if they were before you installed the beta.  The pie menu, however, should look totally different, so I wonder if all the original files really were overwritten?  I would check to make certain, and if there are only the beta files in your Downloads folder now, then try deleting groups.cache, accessories.cache and if you use Body Shop, the cigen.package.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline victoriageras

• Babbling Baby
  • Self Sim
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 02:54:35 AM »
I checked it twice ( i put acr version1 in a seperate file inside my downloads file,so i could be sure).Everything was replaced. I did it again yesterday,same results. :hmm: :confused:
You think that if i erased the adjuster from the neighborhood, delete the files from the download folder and instal the v.2 whould work? :nervous:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 08:19:17 AM »
I think you need to uninstall it from the neighborhood while in game first if you want to do it that way.  But the problem you say you have is very odd, since nobody reported a problem like that when the Beta was first released, and many of us have been using it for some time without that issue. 

I'm just wondering, since you don't say what your game configuration is, whether you have FT, AL or M&G?

Offline victoriageras

• Babbling Baby
  • Self Sim
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »
I have every EP up to AL. As for the SP, the ones that i don't have is ikea and bath&interior(i think, that's the name). Indeed is odd!At first i thought that maybe it was during to a hack conflict, but i came to the conclusion that if that was the case, then my pc whould have explode,instead of acr working  in the previous version.So i will try to full reinstall it and i will leave a feedback in case there is another person with the same problem.

P.S. sorry about the bad english!Since it is not my native language i try as much as i can! :cheese:

Offline victoriageras

• Babbling Baby
  • Self Sim
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 04:00:16 AM »
So i am back! :smile:

I went back in game, unistalled the acr version.1 from my Belladona Cove neighborhood and installed the v.2.It worked, perfectly. I think that although i chose everytime to replace v.1 files with v.2 files, for some reason this wasn't happening.
While a played the game for a few hours, suddenly i couldn't use the bed. My male sim was with really low energy (his spouse had four infants at once,talking about a hell situtation). So i clicked on the bed but there wasn't any option. I tried to delete it and buy a new one and i couldn't pick it up, cause there was the message "you can't select an object in use". No one was in bed by that time cause my female was sleeping on the couch and the guy was up and yelling,without any sign that he was going to bed or sth like that.
Anyway, i deleted the bed with cheat, replaced it with another and everything went back to normal, for a while. Then, the same thing happened again, four times in a row.
You think this is some kind of a glitch or sth? Has this happened to anyone else?
And i have another question. I unistalled the acr v.1 only from belladona cove. I had acr in three other neighborhoods and the universities. You think that i borked,my game?

Sorry about the long speach!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 04:44:49 AM »
Well, I rather think if you are going to uninstall something, you should do it from all your hoods, but I think something else is going on here.  The problem with the beds has been noticed before, I think, and it would help if you were to use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and let the game generate an error log which you could upload here.

Offline victoriageras

• Babbling Baby
  • Self Sim
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 04:36:27 AM »
Hi :cheese:,

I tried what you suggested and here are the reports. My female sim, came back from school,invited Tara(the teen sim from beladdona)home and then there was all this error messages.They were popping up all the time.Furthermore,it was the first that my sims couldn't woohoo.
Additional,i noticed the following.When you start the game,there is this EAmaxis message that asks you if you would like to enable custom contents.When i had acrv.1 installed,every single package of acr was in that message.now with version v.2,only two of the packeges are reported.I have absolutely no clue,about all this but i thought it might be helpfull!
Does the report make any sense to you?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 05:10:09 AM »
I don't, but I'm sure someone will be able to interpret them for you.

Offline victoriageras

• Babbling Baby
  • Self Sim
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 05:13:55 AM »
I would hope to,but thank you very very much,for taking the time to reply!

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 07:26:32 AM »
Only one of those errors is ACR related. You need to remove Inge's ACR bed controller if you are using version 2.0. The other error is some mod related to report cards or coming home from school that is not compatible with your version of the game.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline victoriageras

• Babbling Baby
  • Self Sim
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 05:25:10 AM »
Thank you for your reply! :cheese:
But to tell you the truth, i started over everything once more.I erased the sims 2 files (of course i kept the downloads and my favorite sims). So i installed once more the acr v.2 and it worked right from the begining.I got the message "ACR has been installed" (which hadnh't happened previously) and everything works in order, so far!
I hadn't seen your message, so i kept playing with inge's hack, and everything was fine. But i will remove it since,it might bork my game.
How can you tell from the reports that sth crashes your game?i mean i have palladin's (i think), hack compability program, but i don't think it's really accurate.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.