Author Topic: ACR Version 2 - Beta 4a is ready for testing!  (Read 183371 times)

Offline quain

• Babbling Baby
  • What is Understood doesn't need to be Discussed.
Re: ACR Version 2 - Beta 2a is ready for testing!
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2009, 10:56:51 AM »
 It really requires FT or AL? I only have NL and GL. I been waiting for this and can't even use it. That's gonna be fixed right, or is there code that it requires that is found in those EP's?

Worst case: is it possible to make a stand alone auto-engagement hack? Really what I most wanted anyway. Just a thought....

:diva: <---total bummagery

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey....

Offline nikijohns

• Talkative Toddler
  • Mornings aren't MAGICAL!
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »
Last night I was trying to give an ARC token to one of the NPC good witches and got the error posted below.
Are they not suppose to get tokens?

I appologize I just read the new changes and realized this has been addressed. My bad  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:15:54 AM by nikijohns »
Don't ask the question if you can't handle the answer!

Offline falcon

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
I really love this!  It adds a lot to the game.  Thank you!  I may have broken it.  I have all EP's and SP's.  I clicked on the controller and got this error log.

TheISZ

« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2009, 02:29:26 PM »
I click on it and get an error also.  Now I wish I had saved the previous version.  :P

Never mind, mine was a lot issue.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 03:20:03 PM by TheISZ »

Offline lewisb40

• Domine de Google
  • Talkative Toddler
  • Townie Smiter
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2009, 02:42:51 PM »
I love, love, love the new ACR. Did I say how much I love it?  :love2:

I am not having problems so far, but wondered, does this mod make the static cling even stronger?  I have all my sims set for low, but it seems they must follow and be under their one. They will not attempt to do anything else til one or the other leaves the house. Just a question. I really love the new options, just want the couples to stay out each other faces sometimes.  :P
Happy! True Blood is back! :yay:

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2009, 02:47:16 PM »
That is not ACR, that is the games attraction marker system.
Maybe those who wander do get lost...
Pleasant Valley

Offline lewisb40

• Domine de Google
  • Talkative Toddler
  • Townie Smiter
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2009, 02:51:21 PM »
Is there any way to fix that?

AL was perfect, they would do other things til their timer count down, then they would attract. My mistake was adding M & G cause it is very bad now.  Sadly, the batbox doesn't help.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »
Sure it does, memory, nuke attraction markers. The problem is it only works until they see someone they are attracted to again. I noticed no change in the way this functioned with M&G by the way, this has been a major annoyance since Nightlife for me.

On campus, say I have two computers set up on a table with two chairs for writing term papers. Across the room I have a couch and next to the couch a book case for research. If a sim has an attraction marker for another who is writing a term paper, they will walk over get a book from the book case, ignore the couch and walk back to sit next to the sim writing their paper, blocking the other computer from being used. I had to start putting the workstations in separate rooms from the research area because of this<g>.

Edit: Whenever you see a sim do the lick their finger and make the sizzle sound at someone, an attraction marker is being set...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 02:59:17 PM by Trif »
Pleasant Valley

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
I fixed it by not allowing 3LBs and 2LBs to move in together.  In fact I think the majority of my couples started out with -1LB.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2009, 03:39:59 PM »
The Friends' Zone helps, at least it stops all the farting hearts.... but I really don't want to put those darned brownshirt drivers into any sim's Friend Zone - I'd rather they didn't even notice their existence.....   :smile:

Still annoys me how you can build a brand new house, move a family in - no attraction here, siblings not marrieds - and somehow the lot has gained three or four attraction markers - one taxi, one driver, obviously attracted to anything that moves on two legs......
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline lewisb40

• Domine de Google
  • Talkative Toddler
  • Townie Smiter
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2009, 04:09:50 PM »
Oh, okay. Now I understand about the attraction markers, and they suck. Oh well my challenge is to try keeping them busy. Sometime I like to sit back and let them do their thing. Darn.

You are so right ZZ. I wonder what's the attraction icons they have? All my sims sizzle at them. Good they can't talk to them.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »
What do you think happens in the car pool on the way to work? ;-)

Ok, I managed to do something weird with ACR (with assistance from SimPE)...

Background: I had twin brothers who had two LB for their girlfriends... and two LB for each other's girlfriends!  The evil angel stopped strangling the good angel for long enough to yell, "Group marriage!"  So after the brothers had married their girlfriends, I used SimPE to add "married" relationships to the other two Sims (but not the family relationships table) and turned off jealousy with ACR.  This works fine except...

With the advent of Beta 2, the two brothers decided to hop in bed together!  I actually had to quit without saving the first time (because I didn't have jealousy off and static) because the wives slapped them and got furious, but that was my fault.  I did think they were straight tho...  The girls have -1200 and -1400 attraction for each other, and they were somewhat interested in each other in college.

I'm just wondering... should ACR let you do romantic things with family members that you're married to? 

That would simplify marrying Sims to their cousins...

Offline lewisb40

• Domine de Google
  • Talkative Toddler
  • Townie Smiter
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »
True Miros. :giggle:

I mean't have them in the relationship panel.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2009, 06:18:25 PM »
ACR should definitely not be allowing that to happen, but maybe something else you have is creating a conflict.... or maybe you missed something in SimPE. 

BTW, nearly all the gossip comes from the drivers, if you check them in SimPE when you haven't used the batbox to clear gossip, you'll see how quickly they pick up a new batch to spread around....
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »
Don't think I missed anything.  I just clicked the Engaged and Married boxes on both their relationships. 

You can't put multiple marriages in the neighborhood table, or you'll have crashes on saves, so I didn't do that..

I shouldn't have any conflicts either, since the only conflict I had was with Inge's version of the Bed Socials, and that's been disabled.

Offline bobbythehacker

• Mushloving Mophead
  • CyberPirate Of The Garen Of Shadows"
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2009, 07:58:39 PM »
I'm back after 2 days of tormenting all my HiHormone YA student
So far all i've got that bugs me is that i cannot give token manually to any NPCs including (AllInOne-Nanny NPC),
with ACR 1.xx I never add this problem!

Beside that,I'm happy to report no other concern while playing Uni family,Sorority house and dorms with usually about 20+ Sims flurting constantly with each other 

No conflict among my 500 other patch & fix (hacks)with all EPs and SPs!
Bobby Out!...Happy Simming
Check Out my Creations at GOS:http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?board=52.0
Download My SIMS:http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showforum=139

Offline opalsocks

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2009, 08:14:30 PM »
Just installed the new version in the game and so far nothing has blown up on me (in other words the few sim minutes I played until it installed was fine :P) Just been checking out the adjuster and found something an option I'm not sure whether it should be there or not, or if it will work, which is what I'll be testing in a moment. (The problem is from before ACR but I've never bothered to fix it seeing as I believe it's just a weird pet bug)

Anyways, a few days ago one of the pets on my lot aged to an elder that was pregnant, and so has never given birth. I knew she was pregnant via the pregnancy scanner on the sim blender. Anyways, I thought nothing of it, making a mental reminder to check if the batbox can fix it later, until I saw just now on the ACR adjuster the morning after pill listed my stuck pregnancy pet to take the MA pill. Not sure if pets should be showing up on there, but I will try this out and see if it works (though somehow I doubt it), just thought you should know so you can check and see if other pregnant pets show up if that's not what was intended. :)

Thanks muchly :D *races back to game*

Edit: Option doesn't seem to work, so I'm assuming it's not intended to show for pets :P All seems fine though, no BFBVFS, so that's got to be a plus, right? :P
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 08:52:23 PM by opalsocks »

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2009, 09:31:55 PM »
You guys need to give suck face a chance. The way the receiver of the kiss brings their leg up behind them is classic, and a great photo op...

Yeah, that bit is cute but I was trying to guess which interaction was annoying Yettie.  The serenade is funny if the sim on the receiving end is not impressed.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2009, 10:31:50 PM »
I have never seen it be rejected, now you are going to make me try...<g>
Pleasant Valley

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »
 :lol: It is worth it. Silly little things.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2009, 12:10:29 AM »
I know curiosity killed the cat, but I've got some stray cats running around the neighborhood...

How does the new ACR take into account secondary aspirations?  A wealth/romance sim should have increased autonomous woohoo chances when compared to a wealth sim (pre-FT).

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2009, 12:28:45 AM »
You guys need to give suck face a chance.

Maybe I would, if it wasn't the same all the time... This clumsy act gets stale pretty fast. The first time for any couple, ok... they're new to this, so they could be fumbling a bit...  But after a while that should be over and done with.

Like those vacation greetings... after 6 attempts they get it. No more clumsy stuff.

Fortunately, they're not doing this suck face all the time :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Para

« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2009, 01:54:36 AM »
I tried the new ACR and I have a couple of questions.
What is the difference between hood-wide and global settings?
I am a bit confused about the lack of options "ignore gender peference" and "ignore str/ltr" on the lot. Is this supposed to be like this or am I overlooking something?

Offline MadameMim

• Mushloving Mophead
    • Genensims - Madame Mim's Lab
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2009, 02:38:12 AM »
Maybe we should ask TJ if he could weight the suck face like he did the first kiss. A couple can only suck face if they have both had their first kisses but have not made out with each other (if it's even possible).

Clarification on "Ideal # Kids: . . . Mom & potential dadís settings (if they have one) are mashed together (not averaged) and momís kidís only counted to determine the bonus or penalty." What does mashed together actually mean? I just had a female ideal kids = 1 and a male ideal kids = 6 with one child together autonomously tfb when I had thought mums ideal setting would mean that they wouldn't.

edit: and now a couple with one child where he has a I#K of 1 and she of 0 TFB'd. I don't understand.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 04:01:15 PM by MadameMim »

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »
Can someone explain where the option to turn off the cinematic woohoo clips off is?  I looked but I haven't been able to find it yet.... :smile:

Offline bobbythehacker

• Mushloving Mophead
  • CyberPirate Of The Garen Of Shadows"
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2009, 05:22:04 PM »
Dont know if its just me but ,I think it would of been nice (for people that plays many different lot ,especially with lots of interior design) if "Inge's Inaccessible Bed Patch" was on by default,it could always be turn off by people that don't use it!,or at least if we could have had a global setting(Hood-wide,One switch and your done)!
Anyways!I think ACR2 is great,especially the friend zone,and cant wet to try Autonomous engagement & break-up,like this mod i had "Autonomous go steady",autonomy like that my your simmies a bit more realistic.
Many Thanks again TJ,for sharing your time and knowledge to bring us such a great mod!...Happy Simming.
PS. the give token option work's great now,even with Christianlov Ain1 NPC!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 05:24:26 PM by bobbythehacker »
Check Out my Creations at GOS:http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?board=52.0
Download My SIMS:http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showforum=139

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2009, 05:54:39 PM »
Can someone explain where the option to turn off the cinematic woohoo clips off is?  I looked but I haven't been able to find it yet.... :smile:

It's somewhere in the hood overrides, I think.....

Offline MadameMim

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »
Ah, I knew I knew the answer to that one Hood-Wide Settings, Global Defaults, Cinematics.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »
I don't know if this is quite the place for it, but on the other hand, I wouldn't know a better one either. So, here goes nothing...

I'll sketch a situation:

There's this married couple, Abraham Man and Sarah Man-Hunt :cheese:. ACR confirmed that they eachother's one. Nothing wrong with that.
However, the way I played them before ACR, they both have some fling on the side, with whom they've been going all the way on more than one occasion.

Now Abraham's lover is the ugly, bald, bisexual romance female, Annie. And Annie, of course, has many lovers, several of which she has better chemistry with. So I'm not surprised that Abe is not Annie's one.
Sarah's situation is a bit different, though: her lover is Juan Raemon, and though he does have a few friends, they're nothing more than that. No chemistry, no best friends, nothing... just the average social group peers: Christy Inada, Sarah McCarthy, Shea Johnston, etc. He wants to get engaged to Sarah, even though she's already married. Now ACR chose to link him to Christy Inada, and I'm not getting it. Sarah may be unavailable to him, but how or why should that stop him having the hots for her?

I know I can change those settings myself, and I *have* :P. But I just want to understand why the initial ACR setup made the choice it did.

So, here's my question: TJ (or anyone else who *knows*), would you please explain how the initial setup of ACR chooses who is someone's one, and why? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but I merely want to understand what's going on.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2009, 10:13:22 PM »
To use Inaccessible Beds, do we need to just enable it on the adjuster or do we need to download Inge's mod and then enable it on the adjuster?

I also want to know about the "mashed together" calculations for the 'ideal number of kids' that MadameMim asked about. In school I learned about mean and mode, but missed out on how to calculate mashed averages because I was sick that week. :cheese:
Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL.

Offline MadameMim

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2009, 10:27:27 PM »
Yes. And mashed not averages are even harder. I don't even know if they were covered in my schools curriculum.

Another question/observation.

I have set the hood wide setting to allow unmarried tfb. I have seen unmarried tfb occur (although I forget if the couple is engaged I'm leaning towards not). Individual Sim settings for all Sims (including the just mentioned pair) list unmarried tfb as forbidden (going by the rtfm listing of toggle options showing what is not what will be if we push them). With me so far?

Obviously that setting is showing incorrectly - but what will happen if I set the individual sim setting to unmarried tfb as allowed - will it turn tfb off for that Sim? and is there some way to check the actual setting on a Sim? Is it part of a Sims token display?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2009, 10:43:34 PM »
My Scarlatti sisters (unmarried at the time) got pregnant within 5 sim minutes of each other, after I set their individual tokens to allow unmarried tfb.  However, there wasn't a pop-up, so it may just have been risky woohoo.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
I'd like to point out that in some ways reading the ACR adjuster's options is a bit confusing. In most situations with other mods (such as the Blender, for example), menu options tell you what the situation will be if you click them. Not so with ACR: this one tells you what the situation is now. Although this isn't necessarily or principally wrong, it is non-standard and confusing.

If I'd have any say in this, I'd rather see "Don't allow WooHoo" in stead of "WooHoo is allowed", and conversely "Allow WooHoo" in stead of "WooHoo is not allowed". That has mostly been the standard so far, and makes reading the menus much more intuitive, I think.

Still, even though we *know* the mod is far from complete, it's still an amazing piece of work already! Great Job TJ! You really *ARE* my main modder!

Offline MadameMim

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2009, 11:06:41 PM »
I actually like the statement of fact rather than the what will be option. I find it (personally) more sensible. It's just that little inconsistency that is confusing me.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2009, 11:09:39 PM »
There is no standard.  "Don't allow woohoo" can be interpreted that the setting is "Don't allow woohoo" or if you click it you change the setting to "Don't allow woohoo".  Monique used "Aging is OFF/Aging is ON" to show what the settings on her aging mod are.  Same with child support.  It's just a matter of modder preference and writing the documentation so there is no question of the settings.  In the case of this Beta, there is no complete documentation yet.

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2009, 11:35:27 PM »
Yeah, that was outlined in the rtfm. It always shows the current setting, not what setting it will be changed to. I'm happy that this was added. It bothered me in the last version that there wasn't any way to tell what the current settings were.

As far as this method being non-standard, I'm not sure any standards were settled on. I have about same number of 'menu containing' items that use this method as the other one. While it would be easier if every artist employed the same method, it only irritates me if both types are used in the same object. And yes, I have downloaded items that have been made that way. I get rid of them because I don't trust them. If they can't be consistent with what I do see, then most likely they will use some type of spaghetti code to accomplish even the simplest of tasks and is best avoided. (Edit) Ninja'd.

MadameMim, according to the manual, global settings trump hood settings, and hood settings trump individual settings. Is this what you are referring to in your question? So if you set unmarried TFB for hood, it doesn't matter that the individual setting says 'not allowed' as the hood setting trumps it and it will be allowed.

ETA: I'm just a little confused about the difference between global and hood. Is there just a difference of options available, or do global settings actually affect all the hoods that you play? I've never had the need to change any global settings in ACR 1.x, so I've never needed to know the difference before.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 11:55:10 PM by magicmoon »
Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL.

Offline MadameMim

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2009, 12:30:44 AM »
That definately helps Magic. Always before (I thought) I could use individual settings to exclude a person from a global/hood setting. The way you explained it just then is consistent with observed results, so good!

Now all I need to do is understand the tfb / I#K maths and I'll be a happy vegemite.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2009, 01:17:44 AM »
Nobody here ever heard of "de facto standards", apparently. I can't say how sad that makes me.

And Global settings overriding hood settings?? Hood settings overriding individuals??? What's that??? Surely that can't be correct! With such settings, you can't set up the general behavior for a hood, and then allow individuals to behave differently.

tig400

« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2009, 01:34:12 AM »
I'm having the same problem as Falcon, when I click on the controller an error message is occurring (not posted it as exactly the same as Falcons). It seems to only happen when a large number of sims are on the lot.

Thankyou for a great mod.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:41:51 AM by tig400 »

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2009, 02:27:31 AM »
Nobody here ever heard of "de facto standards", apparently. I can't say how sad that makes me.

And Global settings overriding hood settings?? Hood settings overriding individuals??? What's that??? Surely that can't be correct! With such settings, you can't set up the general behavior for a hood, and then allow individuals to behave differently.

The way I understand it (after finally reading the read-me) the overrides trump everything, but with the defaults (the switches?) it is the other way round. Only that at the moment I can't remember which option is where.

I have a similar problem with the one sim as you described above. Victor is married, but his one is LaShawn Cameron, who has become a playable. They have three bolts for each other. LaShawn was living with three guys and had two bolts for each of them until she moved out and it dropped to one bolt. With the old ACR her one became Victor when they met. Now she seems unable to autonomously make him her one because he is married. It sticks with one of the other guys (the only one she did not have a child with incidentally).

Regarding the ideal number of children I would like to see negative options if they are mashed together, in particular as Dad's kids don't count. The above test subject wants 10, how am I going to stop him having any more with his wife? I guess this means birth control for Elisabeth - and stops me from being mean and getting her knocked up by someone else. And why did he not try with LaShawn when mashed together they want 20?

All these questions come up while I am getting more and more excited about the new ACR. I am so looking forward to see my first autonomous first kiss, I will probably enjoy it more than the participants. I am not sure if I will turn on autonomous engagement (when it is implemented), I would like to see this as an individual setting where it would help enormously with regard to some of my sims, since I might be a bit too scared about other unexpected outcomes to turn it on globally.
The sims in DV act too romantically already to properly appreciate the new kisses/hugs, they are backrubbing, squeezing and flinging themselves into someone's arms at every chance (I have a hack which turns dirty jokes into romantic actions if possible), but I think I am particularly happy about the hugs and holding hands.
What I like best though (apart from the first kiss) are the detailled settings for cheating/autonomy/just friends. I am already making plans for my sims in the other neighbourhoods.

Edited regarding "mashed": Or does that mean that the highest number overrides the other, like for example 7 + 10 = 10?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:30:36 AM by doren »

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2009, 03:28:14 AM »
Actually, the Windows standard (aka Common User Access) and the Mac standard both say the option should say what the setting will be when you click it.

That said, I kind of like the clear statements of "Such-and-such is enabled."  That little "is" makes it perfectly clear to me.

The way I understand it (after finally reading the read-me) the overrides trump everything, but with the defaults (the switches?) it is the other way round. Only that at the moment I can't remember which option is where.

Exactly!  The "full" progression is global default/sim override/lot override/global override. (Someone correct me if I missed something.)

I have a similar problem with the one sim as you described above. Victor is married, but his one is LaShawn Cameron, who has become a playable. They have three bolts for each other. LaShawn was living with three guys and had two bolts for each of them until she moved out and it dropped to one bolt. With the old ACR her one became Victor when they met. Now she seems unable to autonomously make him her one because he is married. It sticks with one of the other guys (the only one she did not have a child with incidentally).

Did you you try setting LaShawn to ignore relationships?  I kind of like "off" as the default, since I don't want a crowd of homewreckers running around.

Edited regarding "mashed": Or does that mean that the highest number overrides the other, like for example 7 + 10 = 10?

I kind of assumed "mashed" was a more complicated process than either averaging or taking the larger.

My progress report: My Romance Sim seems to get "cheated on" and "had affair" memories when the woman he "cheated on" is the previous one-night-stand.  It's one thing when the previous g/f hasn't left the lot (I'm rather sloppy about this) and "caught" him, but why is he getting so attached?  Guess I need to set the VC to Exclude Lovers to help avoid getting caught!

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2009, 03:54:06 AM »
I just got an error message regarding the hot tub. I don't know if you want every little error log or if some things just happen and should be ignored.  There was a lot going on at the time. I think the fellow's wife was trying to entice him into the hot tub but he may have been called to attend to the baby.  Lots of visitors, busy times.  It all went back to normal after I reset.

One question though that may or may not be related to the new ACR.  I have had two females graduate from college within a day or so of each other and both did the pregnant walk when they landed back in the neighbourhood.  One got over it after going to work and the other one hasn't returned from work yet so maybe she will be better then too.  Neither was pregnant.

Offline falcon

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2009, 05:16:00 AM »
I'm having the same problem as Falcon, when I click on the controller an error message is occurring (not posted it as exactly the same as Falcons). It seems to only happen when a large number of sims are on the lot.

Thankyou for a great mod.

The Isz discovered that it is a lot error.  Most of my lots had it so I deleted the neighborhood and created a new one.  It worked fine for awhile and then started throwing the errors again.  I am doing the hack dance now to see if I can find the cause.

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2009, 06:33:41 AM »
Thanks so much - to you and also ZZ.

Ah, I knew I knew the answer to that one Hood-Wide Settings, Global Defaults, Cinematics.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Re: ACR Version 2 - Beta 2b is ready for testing!
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2009, 06:55:16 AM »
Ok, lets see if I can catch up a bit:

New version posted that fixes the errors clicking the adjuster. I would only happen if a pregnant sim was on the lot. That's why it seemed random.

Ideal # Kids calculation: I'm intentionally vague. :P It is a heavily weighted average with the mother's weighted much higher.

Hood-wide = Global. They are the same thing and as was mentioned from the docs any Hood/Global Override will always trump a Lot setting and/or a Sim setting. Setting a global override will not change the sim or lot setting however. So, in the example above, enabling unmarried TFB via the global override will not cause the sim token to show it as allowed it simply overrides whatever is set there. A Global Default works the other way around.

Somebody mentioned that with Global Overrides you can't set the default behavior for the hood and change each individual sim. ACR has always been that way. An Override is just that - forcing whatever behavior you override on all sims. It would be completely counter-intuitive to have it work any other way. That said you can do this...set-up a sim token with the default settings you want, make them static, then copy that token to the hood and tweak each sim from there.

To use Inge's Inaccessible Beds just turn it on. Nothing additional is required.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline falcon

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2009, 07:48:04 AM »
Thank you!  I'll stop the hack dance and try the new version.  I really love it!

Offline doren

• Whining Whelp
    • Sim Stories
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2009, 09:23:21 AM »
Ideal # Kids calculation: I'm intentionally vague. :P It is a heavily weighted average with the mother's weighted much higher.

Yes, who cares what (sim) men want?  :P Them and their silly ideas.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »
That's why John Burb got abducted by aliens and had twins......  :lol:  Why should poor Jennifer get behind in her career just to keep him happy?

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »
 :lol:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2009, 10:18:42 AM »
They were truly uglybugs, too - John must have pretty weak genes!  :lol:

anything
anything