Author Topic: ACR Version 2 - Beta 4a is ready for testing!  (Read 183563 times)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
ACR Version 2 - Beta 4a is ready for testing!
« on: April 12, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »
ACR - Version 2 - Beta 4
Requires: FT or higher

At looooong last I've gotten ACR version 2 to the point where it's ready to be released for testing. I want to thank everyone for their patience during the long wait for this. I'm sure some were beginning to wonder if it would really ever happen. I know I did. :P

The documentation at this point is a little thin, but I've included a 'quick notes' document with the download that goes over the major changes. Here's a quick rundown of some of them:
  • Added the rest of the standard flirts, kisses, and hugs.
  • No new woohoo locations in this version.
  • Implemented the Friend Zone for sims who should just be friends
  • The adjuster options have been completely redone with lots of new options added. Most are self-explanatory or are explained in the included doc.

This release is focused on the changes to the core functions of the mod, which have basically all been completely rewritten from scratch. I have made many changes and fixes but some things are still borked, like ACR in Apts. I didn't want to make too many changes to the interactions themselves so that the changes to the core functions can be more easily tested.

You DO NOT need to uninstall version 1.x prior to installing version 2.0, however once 2.0 is installed and you run the game for the first time make sure to unpause the game until the ‘installation successful’ dialog appears before looking to see what new options appear on the adjuster.

The Maxis Cheating Fix Plug-in can still be used as is. It does not require an update to work with version 2.

Here are the changes in Beta 4:
1. Booty Calls are disabled on Vacation Lots. Take your booty with you silly!
2. Fixed bug in 'Am I going to get caught?' test. Could have made sims think they would get caught cheating when they wouldn't have.
3. Fixed bug causing birth control to not always work.
4. Fixed bug with 'copy my token' interaction causing errors with dead sims.
5. Fixed bug causing errors with sims after getting in the honeymoon limo.

Changes in Beta 4a:
1. Fix another bug in honeymoon woohoo interaction.
2. Fix inappropriate rejections of user directed interactions when autonomy is disabled.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:22:10 PM by twojeffs »
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: ACR Version 2 - Beta 1 is ready for testing!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:42:10 AM »
Many thanks for all your hard work, TJ!   :thumb:
I'll install this and test it in my FT game this evening, and let you know how it goes.   :smile:

You're a winner, yet again!  :yay:
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »
 :bow: :cele1:

Going to try my hand at this too... for the first time :)

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Love . Peace . Happiness
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 09:02:09 AM »
:cele3: Will do some testing over the next couple of days...thank you TJ!!!  :cele1:

Offline lewisb40

• Domine de Google
  • Talkative Toddler
  • Townie Smiter
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 09:50:15 AM »
I am so happy I could  :rofl: *tears with laughter*

Have I ever said how much I  :love: you? 

:unsure:

Darn, it's Easter. Can't play til the house clears.
Happy! True Blood is back! :yay:

Offline gypsylady

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 10:42:46 AM »
What LewisB said :lol: :thumb: :love:
I'm the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil  says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

mimi0302

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 11:30:21 AM »
Whaou, it's look wonderful, I waited for this new version and I take it even it's not translated in french. I will test it the last time I load my game.
Thank you very very much for this new version  :thumb:

Sorry if I made mistakes but I'm french  :rolleyes:

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 12:01:40 PM »
Oh, I also should add that if you are using Inge's inaccessible beds version of the Bed Socials controller that it is not compatible with version 2.0. I will build in support for that (via a new lot setting) in the next release.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 12:14:16 PM »
This is a extremely shiny Shiny  :love:

Your all going to love seeing your sims doing the added flirts, kisses, and hugs! :cheese:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline Emma

• Death Proof!
  • Tempermental Tyke
    • LJ
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »
*Emma runs around in excited circles

Hooray! I can't wait to play with this! :cele1: :cele3: :prancing:

Thanks TJ! :love:

pruetoo

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »
thank you so much. i will have lots of fun with this :smile:

Offline Ndainye

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
Thank You!  Thank You!  Thank You! 

:prancing:

Will get to testing it asap.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 01:41:19 PM »
Oh, pooh!  I can't use it yet because I'm breaking Child Support!

Offline Simmerqueen

• Her Royal Hind-Ass
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 02:11:33 PM »
 :yay:  Thank you so much TJ - your time and effort are greatly appreciated!  :thumb: Can't wait to see all the new shinies my simmies get up to!   :cele1:
"Life is too short to waste on stupid people."

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 03:14:50 PM »
Shiny shiny or shiny hiney or is that Emma?

Wow!  Thanks TJ. It's going into my game right now.

Offline Nec

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 03:40:23 PM »
Hi TJ! So glad to see you got 2.0 going! I have de-lurked (as usual) just for this. :cheese:

I have a few error logs for you. I have all EP/SP. I am running a clean game on my laptop, with ACR only, On my pc, I have a ton of downloads with the probably most of the popular hacks. So far most errors happen on community lots. I will be renaming all error logs to the most important info, and specify "with hacks" and "no hacks" so you can tell what you are reading. I will also add any relevant information into the top of the log. Let me know if there is an easier way to do this for you, or if there is anything else you may need to know.

First log: setautonomyhigh. Residential lot, popularity sim. Set autonomy from 3 to 5 and he threw an error.
other 3 lappy logs: commlot. Community lot, same sim, townie errored. Not sure what he was doing. Three different errors on the same sim, Stewart, an elder. I had spawned the adjuster on the lot.

On my pc, I have had a number of errors, including the mass creation of attraction markers at one point, but I am not sure if it is actually ACR yet. I will just add the most recent one there for you to look through just in case.

You rock, as always :)

ETA: I went to the same comm lot as the one with the object error in the hacked game, but this time with the owner, and I did not get any errors.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:59:26 PM by twojeffs »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 04:32:24 PM »
The autonomy setting error appears to maybe be a compression error issue, it's trying to run garbage and it was working before. I'm working on that one.  The too many iterations error I'll fix. Could happen when calculating The One if a sim has lots of lovers/crushes. The others don't appear to be ACR related. They could be related to removing your other mods maybe. :hmm:

As far as the attraction markers go, I do run the attraction code pretty much constantly in ACR but I've verified that I never run it with the setting that would create the marker.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 04:50:05 PM »
Well, so far it would seem to be causing no problems in my game.  Odd, though, I had the hood set to autonomous woohoo unmarried.  Edwin had his graduation party and invited Roxie and Jonah, and they spent the entire time eating and dancing, although there was a double bed and a hot tub on the lot.  Normally, whenever they've arrived at a party, the hot tub is first on their list!  :wink:
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 05:42:45 PM »
This error seems to be affecting all sim setting adjustments that save to the sim token. Still trying to figure out what the hell happened.

Offline Nec

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »
Well, so far in both games it is only elders and teens throwing those 3 commlot ones, and it is only on lots that aren't owned, or owned lots when the owner is not the playable sim. AND, as I just discovered (while posting this), it is only on lots with the adjuster itself present. Once I delete the adjuster they stop erroring. Always has to do with sitting on something, getting a drink at the bar with or without barstools, and trying to fight with another sim. It is pretty odd, indeed. The vanilla hood was made without any hacks, and is the only hood in that game. I have zero CC in that game, as I use it to build stuff, so I don't think removing my mods did it since they weren't there in the first place. I *do* have CEP installed on that, so I will uninstall it since I don't actually need it in that game and see what happens :hmm:

ETA: I highly doubt CEP has anything to do with it, butit is the only other game modification-type thing I have on lappy. I have heard of weirder things.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:06:44 PM by Nec »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 06:39:20 PM »
That's really bizarre. I'll play around and see if I can duplicate it. The sim setting errors were traced to Simpe's compression hosing something. I haven't been able to fix it but reverting to a pre-compression version works fine. I'm wondering now if your comm lot errors are related. Something is definitely screwy with the main controller.

Actually, you mind trying this one to see if it clears those errors too?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:59:09 PM by twojeffs »

Offline Nec

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »
You got it  :cheese:

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 06:58:05 PM »
I've been playing around on a variety of lots with that uncompressed version and haven't gotten any errors. I do think they were all related.

Offline Nec

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »
I had one consistent error with an elder. Same thing - deleted adjuster, it stopped - no other errors so far.

Love all of the new options, by the way. Did you hide Delete Adjuster and TFB on/off somewhere secret? I can't find them on any menu.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:59:38 PM by twojeffs »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 07:55:58 PM »
Ok, I just got that error too. Looking into it.

I did forget the delete adjuster option. You can delete it by clicking the active sim though. TFB is under sim settings...pregnancy or hood-wide...global switches. If you mean the dialogs, that's under global switches.

ETA: I think I found the problem with those errors. Not related to the compression borkage. My borkage. :P Working on a fix.

ETA2: New version posted that should fix all those issues.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:58:47 PM by twojeffs »

Offline RavenKay

• Mushloving Mophead
  • 'PDW' - Professional Download Whore
Re: ACR Version 2 - Beta 1a is ready for testing!
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 09:55:06 PM »
I can't spawn the adjuster. When I loaded the game I was notified it was installed. When I click on my sim it throws an error. I have all EP's and GL,FFS,Ikea and M&G. Also am using many of your shinies and several others.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:35:33 PM by twojeffs »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 10:30:14 PM »
That error log isn't related to clicking on a sim it looks like a forced error on a hot tub. Can you get me one from trying to click on the sim? I'm not able to recreate your problem.

Offline gypsylady

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 03:04:38 AM »
As per the News Box and I wanted to say a proper Thank You TJ.
I'm the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil  says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 06:32:54 AM »
Here's an error I got last night on a YA, although, it seems like this might be part of the issue you've already addressed.  Love the new features!!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:35:48 PM by twojeffs »

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 09:45:50 AM »
Well I unfortunatly can NOT test...or play or anything else...my DVD drive died! It's not seeing anything. :pissed:

Offline Ndainye

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 09:58:53 AM »
Last night I was having the controller errors when teens or elders were on the lot, replacing 2.0 with 2.1a stopped the constant errors.  But I still can't manually give tokens to new teens.  I was having this issue last night and hoped that the new version would correct it.

*edit* Interesting, I was able to give the teen in question a token the following morning, with no problems.  Originally I was trying to give her a token during her birthday party (around 9pm game time) when there were multiple people of all ages on the lot.  The next morning (7am game time) when I successfully gave her the token it was only Sally and her father in the apartment.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:35:59 PM by twojeffs »

Offline Deathnix

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 10:21:41 AM »
I suck at testing.

But I'd like to thank TJ and you testers out here who'll help finalise the ACR 2.0
I'm looking forward to "The One" and "The Friend Zone".

Will try them out tonight (even though it's beta, it's in my HP game, so all is well).

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 11:16:59 AM »
Thanks for the new version!  Maybe I'll get a change to actually try this one out.

Offline Nec

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »
So far I still haven't had any errors with this new version, so you know. I am working on it, though ;)

Offline Dzaka

• Mushloving Mophead
  • I lurk therefore I am
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »
Well since I forgot to load the sims on my new laptop before I left for work  :pissed:. All I can do is cheer you guys on.  :cheese:

*waves pom poms and yells* GO BETA TESTERS!

:cheese:
Warning: The Surgeon General Has Determined That Life Is Dangerous to Your Health

Offline Simmerqueen

• Her Royal Hind-Ass
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2009, 02:17:59 PM »
Well I unfortunatly can NOT test...or play or anything else...my DVD drive died! It's not seeing anything. :pissed:
Just dl the cracked.exe jjab - then you'll be back playing right away!   :thumb:
"Life is too short to waste on stupid people."

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2009, 02:19:39 PM »
Well, as I said, not a glitch in sight, and I haven't even swopped to the update yet.  And yes, I have testingcheats enabled, and no errors whatsoever have been thrown - now that has to be a first!  :smile:

Yes, SQ is right, jjab, and moreover, your DVD will last longer......

I hate to say this, but that's how I knew when I got suckrot - and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with the DVD drive.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:21:14 PM by zephyrzodiac »

Offline RavenKay

• Mushloving Mophead
  • 'PDW' - Professional Download Whore
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2009, 02:38:37 PM »
This error occurs when I click on a sim to direct them to do anything. The only options that appear are yoga and meditate. I have run HCDU and got the known inteen conflicts. All EP's and GL,FFS,Ikea and M&G.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:36:17 PM by twojeffs »

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »
Beta 1b ran fine for me with testingcheats on.  No errors in sight.

Raven, I looked at your log.  Are you sure you clicked Pascal (Curious, I assume), not the baby he was carrying?

Oh, one somewhat silly thing...  I play with the semi-controllable pets cheats on, and when the pet is selected and you click on a human, the Casual... menu comes up.  Very EWWWWWWWWWWW factor!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:22:13 PM by miros1 »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2009, 03:35:53 PM »
Heh. I'll fix that pet issue. That would even happen in the old version I'd think.

This error occurs when I click on a sim to direct them to do anything. The only options that appear are yoga and meditate. I have run HCDU and got the known inteen conflicts. All EP's and GL,FFS,Ikea and M&G.

That's being causing by something that mods the desperation actions. The Desperation - Romance - Test in the base code does not have a node 9 so it's definitely a mod. ACR doesn't touch that code.

Here's an error I got last night on a YA, although, it seems like this might be part of the issue you've already addressed.  Love the new features!!!

Yep, that should be fixed in 1a.

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2009, 03:50:17 PM »
Well, as I said, not a glitch in sight, and I haven't even swopped to the update yet.  And yes, I have testingcheats enabled, and no errors whatsoever have been thrown - now that has to be a first!  :smile:

Yes, SQ is right, jjab, and moreover, your DVD will last longer......

I hate to say this, but that's how I knew when I got suckrot - and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with the DVD drive.

Well seeing that I've purchased all of my EPs & SPs via CD/DVD, I've never used a cracked.exe for anything and my drive is 2 years old, I really doubt that SecureROM is the culprit. But thanks. Hubby is going to look at it just in case it is something simple, or we'll replace it when we have the funds.

Offline gypsylady

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2009, 03:51:02 PM »
Been playing all afternoon and so far no errors. I play with testing cheats on. :thumb:

Offline Dzaka

• Mushloving Mophead
  • I lurk therefore I am
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2009, 04:09:34 PM »
Well seeing that I've purchased all of my EPs & SPs via CD/DVD, I've never used a cracked.exe for anything and my drive is 2 years old, I really doubt that SecureROM is the culprit. But thanks. Hubby is going to look at it just in case it is something simple, or we'll replace it when we have the funds.

I bought all mine as well Just like using no cd/DVD less things I have to carry around with laptop  :cheese:
Warning: The Surgeon General Has Determined That Life Is Dangerous to Your Health

Offline Ndainye

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »
Second error I've experienced has happened twice on the same lot with different sims.  Sim makes a booty call goes out and stands at the mailbox, once their guest arrives the calling sim errors and target has to be greeted normally and acts like a regular guest.

Booty Call switch is on for the hood, both times I've forced the booty call.  I've yet to see a sim autonomously make a booty call while I've been testing.  Both booty calls were on house lots, both adult to adult. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:36:34 PM by twojeffs »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »
Um, yeah. That'd be a big 'ol bug. Booty Calls be borked. Damnation. :yikes:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2009, 05:59:41 PM »
Worked fine for me, one of my romance sims had just graduated and moved into a house - first thing she did was make a booty call.  She did lose the icon but the greet and woohoo happened anyway.

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2009, 07:31:21 PM »
Ndainye has beaten me to it. I have just had errors with a forced booty call. I tried two separate houses.  I won't post the error log because it's the same one as Ndainye's.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Re: ACR Version 2 - Beta 2 is ready for testing!
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »
Beta 2 is posted. Fixes/changes in this version detailed at the bottom of the first post. Keep those bug reports coming. :smile:

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »
Thanks TJ. You're magic.

Offline caprisim

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »
I'm really looking forward to testing this out over the next few days. The new features look awesome and I'm so happy to see that you were able to add the Friend Zone, yay! Thank you!  :cheese:

anything
anything