Author Topic: About the gender preference randomizer  (Read 3796 times)

Offline edespino

• Highchair Hipster
About the gender preference randomizer
« on: December 12, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
Hi TwoJeff i have a doubt for while how work the the gender preference randomizer ? % is global or by number of sims, example if i have 5 sims without gender preference and run it, that 5 will try hold the global 10% gay, 10% bi or will apply the % over the 5 sims.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Re: About the gender preference randomizer
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:37:59 AM »
The randomiser works for each individual sim, and also there is an option to randomise the whole neighborhood.  I would not recommend doing that once you have families that have been played for a while, though......
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline edespino

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:54:09 AM »
yes, i dont touch the sims already have but what with the new born sim ??? you wait until grow up teen and  randomize ? i wait have many new born ( 5 more o less ) then i run the gender preference randomizer so i dont now if that hold the global % or will be for the 5. I dont like put single sim, i feel is more ramdom if i make it with more sims.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:55:54 AM by edespino »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:58:14 AM »
I don't think you can do more than one at a time, unless you do everyone in your hood again.  But if you do five teens, one after the other, you will probably find that until they have been turned on by another teen, they will only get 0/0 again anyway.... which is probably why you are not seeing any randomisation.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline edespino

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 09:33:59 AM »
But if you do five teens, one after the other, you will probably find that until they have been turned on by another teen, they will only get 0/0 again anyway.... which is probably why you are not seeing any randomisation.

that is why i choose the option of "very" so dont can change of prefernce too easy.

the randomiser have 3 options, everyone, no pref only and downtown and npcs only. If i do individually the problabily is get 2/3 of bi or gay and i dont want too much gay sims,    while i dont bother with females  i dont like gay males ( i am straigth mucho macho male  :thumb: ) and even for lez 2/3 pob is too much, i like only a little to spyce up.

by the way to the game dont afect if a baby, toddler or child have sexual preferences only when are teen you see the act agree preferens that is i put it the sim is only a baby.

edit: off topic
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:43:30 PM by edespino »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 11:40:23 AM »
by the way to the game dont afect if a baby, toddler or child have sexual preferences only when are teen you see the act agree preferens that is i put it the sim is only a baby.

I think we are aware of that edespino!

dont bother with females  i dont like gay males ( i am straigth mucho macho male   ) and even for lez 2/3 pob is too much, i like only a little to spyce up.

I'm not at all sure I find your attitude acceptable!  And I'm also sure there are others here who will agree with me on that one....

Offline edespino

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »
i sorry if i ofense you o someone also but that is my way of think, i am sterotipical latinamerican male specifical mexican far i now in usa and europe ( minus spain ) are more liberal and respted that. That was only a comment maybe bad anyway. I hope this dont start a war about morals. 

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 12:03:36 PM »
I hope not, too - just as long as you didn't mean to offend people, which is what I was afraid you might do.  How you play your game is entirely up to you, just as it is to everyone.

Offline edespino

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 12:16:59 PM »
i never what i am do that, was bad comment, here i live the male homosexuality is see bad in fact the people make joke about that, i forget this place is international if offense some someone i sorry i dont have nothing about anyone, was more a cultural  expression than personal.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 03:18:13 PM »
Well, wherever you live, there will be people who behave badly towards people who they see as *different*, just go with what you believe is right and not what they tell you.

Offline DMDye

• Wiked Westerly Witch
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 03:30:09 PM »
edespino: Me permites ayudarte en español?
Que necesitas saber: quieres menos homosexuales y bi que las opciones originales del randomizer?

I'll only translate what is necessary.
May I help you in Spanish?
What do you need to know: would you like less homosexuals and bi than the default percentages?

Offline edespino

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »

Gracias DMDye.

Se como cambiar los parametros lo me gustaria saber si cuando ejecuto el randomizer se matienen los parametros globales aunque sea con los nuevos sims, por ejemplo si tengo 100 sims: 80 hetero, 10 bi y 10 homo, si nacen otros 10 tendre 88 hetero, 11 bi y 11 gays ???? al largo plazo se mantiene la proporcion 80:10:10 ?

Offline DMDye

• Wiked Westerly Witch
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:04 PM »
Es un placer!  :smile:
Ya que yo no sé cambiar los parámetros, si me permites simplemente voy a traducir para que alguien que sepa te pueda contestar.

His post:
I know how to change the parameters, what I would like to know is if when I execute the randomizer the global parameters will remain even for the new sims. For example, if I have 100 sims: 80 hetero, 10 bi and 10 homo; when 10 other sims are born I will have 88 hetero, 11 bi and 11 homo? Will the 80:10:10 proportion remain long term?

My post:
It is my pleasure.
Since I don't know how to change the parameters, if you allow me I will just translate so that someone who knows can answer it for you.

Offline edespino

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »
zephyrzodiac, i whish can  talk more about this but  is hard to me do  it by the english. I hope you take my apolgies if i ofend you.

Thank for your comment and the fact you alway answer when i write.

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 12:34:09 AM »
The ability to change the percentages of gay and bi is right there on the adjuster. By default, it is 10% gay and 10% bi. The randomizer tries to give prefs so that the overall effect of the hood comes out close to these percentages, or whatever percentages you have chosen.
Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL.

Offline edespino

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 07:32:38 AM »
DMDye por favor puedes traducir esto:

Aclaracion: mis comentarios son sobre un estilo de juego y tal vez puedan mal interpretarse sin embargo no expresan un prejuicio o discriminacion contra alguien o algun grupo social especifico.

Gracias magicmoon es bueno saberlo, estaba preocupado que al largo plazo la poblacion "gay" creciera demasiado pues no deseo usar hacks del tipo "hijos con parejas del mismo sexo"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:37:12 AM by edespino »

Offline magicmoon

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »
Translated
Clarification: My comments are on a style of play and might be interpreted wrong, however do not express prejudice or discrimination against anyone or any specific social group.

Thank you Magicmoon. It is good to know, I was worried that the long-term population "gay" to grow too because I do not want to use hacks like "children with same-sex couples"

If you feel that you have enough gay and bi Sims in your neighborhood already and you want to have the rest of your Sims heterosexual, you can change the gay and bi to 0% on the adjuster.

En Espanol: Si usted cree que tiene suficiente gays y bi Sims en su vecindario ya y quiere tener el resto de tus Sims recto, puede cambiar el bi gay y al 0% en el ajustador.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:57:55 PM by magicmoon »
Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL.

Offline DMDye

• Wiked Westerly Witch
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 05:57:07 PM »
Con gusto!

His post:
To clear things up: my comments are about a playing style and could be misinterpreted; yet I am not expressing prejudice or discrimination against someone or a specific social group.

Thank you magicmoon, that is good to know. I was worried that long term my gay population would increase too much; I rather not have any "same sex pregnancy" mods in my game.

anything
anything