Author Topic: For ACR: can visitors get pregnant and adjusting townie settings  (Read 4635 times)

holanni

Hi!  I apologize if this question has already been asked...I did try searching for it first.  I downloaded ACR.  Let's say my sim invites over his married friends.  Can the married visitors get pregnant with each other while visiting my lot??  Or can only the household sims get pregnant?

Also, is there a way to adjust the autonomy levels for townies/npcs?  They all seem to be level 5, which is creating a bit of excess drama for my poor sims!!

Offline Zaleth

• Talkative Toddler
  • Yep this is the real me!
Re: For ACR: can visitors get pregnant and adjusting townie settings
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 10:56:04 PM »
Townies can get pregnant if their relationship scores are high enough with the sim living there.  I have had a few happen that way.
Just when you thought it was safe to open the door you find "Murphy" standing there unscrewing the handle!
My Creations are at:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/131-zaleths-little-corner-of-the-asylum/

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 11:03:15 PM »
Only sims that have been made selectable can get pregnant.  Visiting playable and townies, both of whom are non-selectable by default, are immune to pregnancy, UNLESS you use a cheat to make them selectable.

I can't begin to count the number of shotgun marriages I've had...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 04:49:40 AM »
The easiest way to make your visitors selectable is to use Inge's teleporter (www.simlogical.com), which is also useful for getting them to leave.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

holanni

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 10:47:53 AM »
I think I'll try making my visitors selectable.  I thought this whole time that visitors were doing risky woohoo...but if they're immune, that takes the whole risk out!  Is there a limit to how many visitors can be selectable at a time?  Is it still only 8 playable sims per lot?

If I make townies selectable, will I then be able to adjust all their ACR settings?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 10:52:09 AM by holanni »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 10:49:10 AM »
I think you can make as many selectable as you feel you can handle.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 12:14:43 PM »
One thing about townie pregnancies. While you may hear the chime while you have them selectable on your lot, once they leave they no longer will be. Rember all NPC chars, including town, dormie, tourist, local, garden club, social class, and any I forgot, reset to base state frequently thus wiping out any pregnancy.
Maybe those who wander do get lost...
Pleasant Valley

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »
That's not what I'm seeing in my game, even without mods, Trif.  The sims will remain pregnant, but the pregnancy does not advance since townies et al do not have a pregnancy controller. 

Maybe that's true with dormies.  No matter how long you leave them selectable and advance them through college, if you don't graduate them and move out of the dorm, next time they are used, they are reset back to freshman.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »
So if you want them to have the baby, you'd have to keep them at the house until after it's born, and then if you wanted them to *desert* the baby, you could use the teleporter to send them back to townie-land.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 12:33:17 PM »
It used to be you could keep them at the house and have them selectable, but it changed so the sim has to actually be a member of the household, i.e., moved in.  Depending on the sims involved, there would either be a shotgun wedding or move in and leave the baby with the father as the mother becomes a townie or moves off on her own.

Unfortunately I can't remember which EP brought about that change.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 12:36:08 PM »
The pregnancy controller exists on a sims home lot, no-where else.

There is not a non player sim with the possible exception of the grand witches, that has a home lot, ergo, no townie pregnancy can develop. You might be able to trick it, if you can get the suspend choice to work on the blender, but I believe you only have the option to terminate for the first hour so that will not work. The blenders suspend choice has worked for me to get a pregnancy that was not progressing to advance by suspending and then resuming it.

Eventually your townies will reset and the pregnancy will be gone. I have seen it happen, many, many times.
Maybe those who wander do get lost...
Pleasant Valley

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 12:47:49 PM »
I've never seen pregnancies reset except in the case of teens who are forced to be pregnant without Inteen in the game. 

I've had pregnant townies selectable who have stayed in the house for a week and the pregnancy never advanced or ended (no they were not moved in),  I've had pregnant townies who because of really shitty personalities, I decided not to let the baby be delivered, and three generations later, the townie is still pregnant.

Perhaps the townie reset was happening at the time you could just leave the townie selectable and have the birth.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 12:51:01 PM »
That's what I meant, you'd have to move them in until after they have the baby, and then use the teleporter to make them a townie again, if you want to do that.

Another interesting thing is that, if you make a townie pregnant in SimPE, and then ban all pregnant sims with the VC, it won't ban the townie, even though you have put them in the third trimester and they are in full maternity rig!

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 01:06:08 PM »
That may be because of the lack of pregnancy controller.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 01:15:48 PM »
That makes sense, if the game doesn't see her as pregnant, then presumably the VC won't either.

Offline MadameMim

• Mushloving Mophead
    • Genensims - Madame Mim's Lab
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »
The pregnancy controller definately changed with AL. I had a wicked plot where Olive Spectre decided that both Nervous & Ophelia weren't evil enough to inherit her money and magic (didn't you always suspect Olive was a wicked witch?) so she kidnaped Buzz Grunt and knocked him up with her evil spawn. I planned to leave him locked on the lot for the duration of the pregnancy and then let him go home but the pregnancy wouldn't advance even though he was selectable (and I didn't want to move him in) so I had to let him go home to advance and then steal the baby back with the Ingelogical teleporter. Pain in the arse!  :rant:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 05:46:24 PM »
Poor General Buzz!  What did he ever do to deserve a goddess like you?   :hmm: :omg: :lol:

holanni

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 01:46:26 PM »
Well, I personally don't need to get any townies pregnant.  I wanted to invite my other playable sims over to let them do whatever they wanted...but I wanted them to be able to get pregnant if they risky woohoo on my lot.  So are you saying that is not a possibility even if I make them selectable?  Also, if I make them selectable, do they stay on my lot forever until I make them unselectable?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 02:02:35 PM »
Oh, I think that if they're selectable they could get pregnant, and if they're playables then if you unselect them and they go home, and you play their lot you'd soon find out for certain.  And yes, if they're selectable, they won't go home, they act as if they live on the lot - just certain things related to babies and toddlers that they don't seem able to do.  Also, don't try to move a selected townie out via the newspaper or computer, they won't be able to move because the game sees them as the sole occupant of the lot.  You need to move them in first if you want to do that.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 05:20:39 PM »
in short:

yes, if you make visiting playable sims selectable (even on a community lot) then they can get pregnant - I do this way to often but if they are going to play then they deserve the risk of pregnancy!  X)

yes, they will go home after you make them unselectable and say good-bye to them. (well on a community lot you don't need to say good-bye to them)

TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »
You can always speed their departure with the teleporter!

holanni

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 11:33:49 PM »
Gotcha!  Thank you both for clarifying that for me!

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 04:58:44 AM »
Have fun! :smile:

anything
anything