Author Topic: What Version of a Mod do I Download? - Stuff-it Packs for Dummies  (Read 33731 times)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
What Version of a Mod do I Download? - Stuff-it Packs for Dummies
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:57:34 PM »
Generally install the version of a mod compatible with the highest Expansion Pack you have installed. The Stuff Packs throw a slight monkey wrench in the works though. If you have a Stuff Pack installed that was released after your highest Expansion Pack you might need a different mod version...

Here's a list of the order the Expansions came out and then the SPs and which EP they are based on. For the Stuff Packs, you need to use mods for the EP in parenthesis unless you have a higher EP than that installed.

Expansions
University
Nightlife
Open for Business
Pets
Seasons
Bon Voyage
Free Time
Apartment Life

Stuff-It Packs
Family Fun Stuff (OFB)
Glamour Life Stuff (OFB)
Celebration Stuff (OFB)
H&M (OFB)
Teen Style Stuff (Pets)
Kitchen & Bath Stuff (Pets)
Ikea Home Stuff (Pets)
Mansion & Garden Stuff (Apt Life)

So...if you have the Pets or any higher EPs, no SPs except M&G Stuff will affect your mods since they are all based on OFB or Pets. If you only have Nightlife (or Deluxe or whatever) and you add Ikea, you'd then need to use Pets versions of mods instead of Nightlife versions. Get it? Good. :smile:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:22:18 AM by twojeffs »
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline mdankoski

• Highchair Hipster
Re: What Version of a Mod do I Download? - Stuff-it Packs for Dummies
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate that. I have a question, though. Since I have Double Deluxe, are there some hacks or items that still will run only on Nightlife and not OFB or does the OFB engine in Celebration Stuff override NL in everything? Is there some OFB stuff that WON"T work?

Here's a little suggestion. I keep reading about people having trouble finding a bad hack or mod or whatever, and I had that trouble, so in my download folder I created some new folders called Test, like "Hack test" "Object Test" and so on, so when I download something new, it goes in the appropriate "test" folder, and play the game. This way, if there's no problem I can move it to the appropriate regular folder, or just to downloads, and if there's a problem, I only have a few files to check, and not 2 or 3 thousand, and I know exactly where to find it.

Mike

Offline MadCat256

• Whining Whelp
  • Ami, my current problem child
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 10:34:22 AM »
Deluxe and Double Deluxe don't always follow the normal rules so some mods designed for OFB may not work with DD. That having been said, you should look for OFB mods as, in theory, DD uses the more up-to-date OFB engine.

awesome monkeyness

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 06:32:41 AM »
Seriously! You can call me stupid, but how the heck do you download the Inteenimater!?!?!  :confused:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 07:03:25 AM »
Firstly, try reading the stickied post here:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=23.0

Secondly, if you have questions about the Inteenimater, then post them in the relevant section.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline kmkraus

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »
Ok I have all eps except bon voyage and apartment life installed and then I have all of the SP's except celebration stuff, glamour stuff, family fun stuff, ikea stuff, and mansion and garden stuff.

Which one do i use then.

I downloaded the pets one. Will that work fine?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 05:29:50 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »
Since your latest expansion pack is Free Time and you don't have M&G, then you need the Free Time version of whatever mods you install.  Obviously, since you don't have Bon Voyage, you should avoid any mods that are specifically related to that EP.

Pets is definitely not the correct option.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline eyssforever

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 03:48:17 PM »
I have all of them downloaded,( I have all Stuff and expansion packs.) the latest one is bon voyage. after I installed bonvoyage my teen sims ( who were not prego) could not go to college. So i un-installed the inteen....which one do i download now for them to work? would it be the bonvoyage one?

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »
If you have all expansions, then although Bon Voyage may be the last one you bought, it isn't the most recent, which is Apartment Life.  No modder can know what order you, personally, installed your expansions in!  So, if you have AL, then you need mods which were made or updated for AL. 

Offline eyssforever

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
Ok thank you :D

Offline miros1

• Face Collector
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Face Collector
    • The Wooden Simolean
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 07:26:57 PM »
Don't post Inteen questions here. 

Offline MszBaddAsz

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 12:19:36 AM »
I have all the EPs except for Free Time and only the Ikea and Family Fun SP ... which version of the mod do I need to download?  I tried to install the Apartment Life and everything was successful until I tried to extract File G and it would not allow me to.  So did I download the wrong version or what is going on????  :confused: Please Help.!.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 01:31:00 AM »
Did you read the last post above your own? What part of it did you not understand?

Wrong thread, no help. Sorry.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)