Author Topic: My Roomie Borked My Game!! - The AL Compatibility List  (Read 124063 times)

I_hate_registering

Re: My Roomie Borked My Game!! - The AL Compatibility List
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 02:45:30 AM »
ETA: Oh, I suppose I should add...YES, VIRGINIA, INTEEN IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH AL. Uninstall it until Jase releases the update. No, I have no idea when this will be. No, I'm not going to release an update for Inteen, it's not my mod. No, pming/e-mailing Jase or myself will not make anything happen any faster, if fact it will just waste your time because you'll get no response from either of us. This has been a public service announcement. :P
Ok, who is this jase and how can I make a donation that goes directly to him? ;)

Offline shc

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 05:58:31 AM »
ETA: Oh, I suppose I should add...YES, VIRGINIA, INTEEN IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH AL. Uninstall it until Jase releases the update. No, I have no idea when this will be. No, I'm not going to release an update for Inteen, it's not my mod. No, pming/e-mailing Jase or myself will not make anything happen any faster, if fact it will just waste your time because you'll get no response from either of us. This has been a public service announcement. :P
Ok, who is this jase and how can I make a donation that goes directly to him? ;)

Jase is the creator of the Inteenimator.

Due to Inteens complexity it usually takes several weeks or more for it to be updated, and since this time around Jase is updating without a beta group (not to mention the massive changes AL appears to have made) it would be safe to assume that it'll probably take even longer than usual.

As AL has only been out acouple of days, we've all got alot of waiting to do, not that I mind, I'm just really stoked that it is getting upgraded at all. Thank you Jase.

LK

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2008, 08:21:32 AM »
I've just skimmed this thread, so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but while the Wall Speaker Fix is broken with AL, I don't think you'll need to update it--it appears the speakers work mod-less this time.

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
I've just skimmed this thread, so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but while the Wall Speaker Fix is broken with AL, I don't think you'll need to update it--it appears the speakers work mod-less this time.

The Speaker is fixed in the latest FT patch, or so it said on the site. I've yet to gather the courage to actually install it, after all the horror stories I've heard about the first two...
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »
Is it true that there is another issue with repawning like with BV and the tour guides?  That would explain everyone standing around when I take them to community lots wouldn't it?

LK

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2008, 11:01:44 AM »
The Speaker is fixed in the latest FT patch, or so it said on the site. I've yet to gather the courage to actually install it, after all the horror stories I've heard about the first two...

Yeah?  I tend to ignore the fixlist when patches are put out because I've learned not to trust them. :P  I was just glad the things actually worked sans hack when I never removed it after installing the FT patch.

sewinglady

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2008, 11:03:18 AM »
TwoJeffs...I luv ya and your mods make the game playable for me...and yet, I'll wait patiently for updates to the ones I use...

However, if there's one that seems to be sorely missing it's playing without the visitor controller - dang stray dogs keep digging holes in the yards...

Have I mentioned lately that you and your mods are genius? :love:

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2008, 11:05:34 AM »
Caveat Empor...

I am using the VC with little discernible negative impact. Of course it does not ban the new classes, but I have yet to see a stray...
Maybe those who wander do get lost...
Pleasant Valley

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »
Is it true that there is another issue with repawning like with BV and the tour guides?  That would explain everyone standing around when I take them to community lots wouldn't it?

I'm thinking their is.  I've got 564 characters in my BC hood now.  One University subhood.  I've only added 3 characters.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2008, 12:51:22 PM »
I have One CAS sim. The only hoods I have added were the vacation destinations. I have 553 sims in BDC.  Strangely, I have 1008 SWAF's but until SimPE is a bit more stable, I am not going to delete any.
Pleasant Valley

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2008, 01:18:02 PM »
Caveat Empor...

I am using the VC with little discernible negative impact. Of course it does not ban the new classes, but I have yet to see a stray...

*puts the VC back in because she does NOT WANT to see any strays either*  X)
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2008, 01:39:25 PM »
Should we not play AL until we find out for sure?  I don't want a lot of problems

I'm thinking their is.  I've got 564 characters in my BC hood now.  One University subhood.  I've only added 3 characters.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »
I just started a thread in Discussion where I'll be monitering population over the next couple of days.  As long as you don't put your saved hood in, or keep a copy if you do and don't mind re-do's if necessary, I don't see a problem playing still.

Offline jsalemi

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2008, 03:30:02 PM »
I'm going to hold off installing it on my main machine (partly because I'm away for the long holiday weekend :) ), but I put AL on my laptop to give it trial run.  I have nothing invested in any of the hoods on this machine, so I don't care if they get fubar.

Offline Solowren

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2008, 03:46:16 PM »
About the extra character file issue, last night as I was playing I was seeing a few townie walkbys I'd never seen before with the new AL hair. The game added 96 new character files, and I have a sinking suspicion they're mostly, if not all, new townies.

Offline jsalemi

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2008, 04:20:36 PM »
Yea, most of them are the new "social group" townies, plus the break dancers, and probably a landlord or three.

Offline pren36p

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2008, 05:17:31 PM »
Although the VC won't ban the socialites you can always use ban specific sim or make the really irritating ones gay or something and then ban them (or make them straight, bi whatever).  I don't mind some but there are so many even in other hoods besides BDC.

Caveat Empor...

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2008, 07:25:08 PM »
Ok, so I've been a (almost) complete bum today and have been watching movies and the US Open instead of updating mods. Sorry (or not) about that. :P

I'm going to crank out a few updates tonight though...
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline Solowren

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2008, 07:31:59 PM »
Yea, most of them are the new "social group" townies, plus the break dancers, and probably a landlord or three.

I have antiredundancy, so hopefully I only have one landlord. *crosses fingers*

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2008, 07:34:12 PM »
Ok, so I've been a (almost) complete bum today and have been watching movies and the US Open instead of updating mods. Sorry (or not) about that. :P

Considering the magnatude of work you'll be doing, I can't say I blame you a bit for dragging your feet.   :P

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »

We won't beat you for taking most of the day off  :wink:

:yay:

TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

azsimmer

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2008, 08:04:58 PM »
Take a breather, enjoy the day! But know there's alot of us waiting for you when you do update!!  :thumb:

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2008, 08:22:47 PM »
First update is posted (T&Q). I've also created the AL download directory and created the link from the forums. I'm only linking updated mods to the AL directory for right now. If you're looking for something that isn't on the borkened list, get it from the FT directory.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Corylea

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2008, 08:52:46 PM »
Thanks so much, TwoJeffs!  I'm going to love having Social Sanity and Pregnancy for All Genders back in my game.

It's very sweet of you to share your work with us.

:thumb:

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2008, 09:30:06 PM »
Yeah thanks much, I can have babies now, err my sims, er, you know what I mean...<g>
Pleasant Valley

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2008, 09:44:15 PM »
Have sims been autonomously sleeping whenever they want (regardless of motive levels) with AL? Stupid EAxis changed the tests, and user directed sleep still follows the old rules, but autonomous sleep doesn't appear to check motives anymore. :confused: :hmm: From the code trail it looks like they may have changed it and then undone it again. WTF?

Needless to say Smart Beds will put this to rights again.

azsimmer

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2008, 09:49:23 PM »
Have sims been autonomously sleeping whenever they want (regardless of motive levels) with AL? Stupid EAxis changed the tests, and user directed sleep still follows the old rules, but autonomous sleep doesn't appear to check motives anymore. :confused: :hmm: From the code trail it looks like they may have changed it and then undone it again. WTF?

Needless to say Smart Beds will put this to rights again.

Now that you mention, I did notice a couple elder couples going to bed to sleep when they still had 3/4 energy.. :lol: guess they want to sleep when they can? before the neighbors are noisy..  :rofl:

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2008, 09:51:45 PM »
Not to mention sleeping after woohoo, and energy was well over 80%.

azsimmer

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2008, 10:04:49 PM »

aw a nap after woohoo is a feature...  :biglaugh: cuddle time now if there was a way to woohoo again like Sims 1 did, it would be more of a benefited feature....  :rofl:

kingmike1224

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2008, 10:07:21 PM »

aw a nap after woohoo is a feature...  :biglaugh: cuddle time now if there was a way to woohoo again like Sims 1 did, it would be more of a benefited feature....  :rofl:

ive yet to see the new cuddle interactions happen in my game

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »
Yeah, I bet the changes are related to the cuddle thing, which can be quite annoying when they have to get out of bed to get ready for work...
Pleasant Valley

azsimmer

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2008, 10:53:38 PM »
I want the cuddle feature I think it's great, just hope that it doesn't take a long time to cancel it out if I want them to do other things..

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2008, 11:23:02 PM »
That is when it gets annoying, it is darn cute but if you want them out of bed in a hurry, and they get into this, it just is not happening.
Pleasant Valley

Offline aerosimkat

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2008, 11:53:24 PM »

I have antiredundancy, so hopefully I only have one landlord. *crosses fingers*
Even with antiredundancy, you're still gonna get 3 landlords. prima guide says there's supposed to be that many. I've got antiredundancy in hopes of not getting more than that.

Offline jadesstar

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2008, 04:59:56 AM »
Thanks for the updates. I usually wait until after InSim and Inteen are updated before installing (or even buying) the new expansion packs. Although with Freetime I started playing without Insim because it was taking soooooo long for it to be updated.

And I will wait patiently for Inteen for AL.  :halo:

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2008, 06:59:19 AM »
Triplets & Quads has been updated again to fix a nasty crash bug.

Offline Inge Jones

• Talkative Toddler
    • simlogical
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2008, 07:35:55 AM »
TJ did you find an appropriate GameEdition test for Apartment Life yet?  I have found an as-yet-unlabelled Global(from simulator) field 0x3b which is set to 0x4000 (or flag 15) in my game.  I wonder if that's where they expanded the flag system to?
http://www.simlogical.com
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2008, 07:55:49 AM »
The new Game Edition flag field is Global 3A. AL is flag 1. Unfortunately, you can't test this flag in a non-AL game since it doesn't exist. This really throws a huge wrench in backward compatibility. :dry:

Offline Inge Jones

• Talkative Toddler
    • simlogical
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2008, 08:10:38 AM »
How are you getting round it then? Testing for the presence of some new global controller object that came with AL?
http://www.simlogical.com
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.

Skullworth

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2008, 08:24:22 AM »
just out of Curiosity, the Age duration hack, is that able to Hold ages of Young Adult Sims If i was to Insim them to that age?
Because I'm having problems holding them at that age because they eventually convert to Adults.. and it seems i haven't found a way around it yet..

Oh and sup all. my first post d=

Online zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2008, 08:42:28 AM »
If you have queries of this nature, the place for them is not in this thread, which is specifically titled enough, I would have thought.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2008, 08:44:05 AM »
No, it won't. There is a mod that allows YA's outside of Uni, but I'm not sure of who's it is. Brynne uses it.

How are you getting round it then? Testing for the presence of some new global controller object that came with AL?

That's the only thing I can think of to do, clunky as it is. For some mods, I'm just creating a separate AL version. For T&Qs I was able to just use RTBN to call the new AL globals since I was already modding the called named trees text file.

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Have spork, will travel.
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
I'm not sure if this is mod related or not but I installed your updated SmartBeds and plugins and I got this as soon as I loaded up one of my families.

Eta I got an error message for each family member of the household but only uploaded one.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:20:42 AM by SmilingSweetly »
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2008, 09:20:26 AM »
I think that bed (Beach House double) is just hosed. Try replacing it.

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Have spork, will travel.
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »
Will do and thanks!

I only asked because I played that house yesterday without a prob. I'll pull it though.  :wink:
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

sewinglady

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2008, 09:27:10 AM »
Well thank heavens for TwoJeffs and the College Adjuster.

I keep having stuck cell phones in all families I've played - their cell phone rings once or twice, I put 'answer' in the queue and it stops ringing. Go to CA and it shows a 'stuck' cell phone...delete and replace and all is well until the next time the phone rings.

So I am suspecting that some uh, 'non-awesome' and non-TJ hack I'm running is causing this, but I don't know which one and I don't know how to figure it out without removing them all and putting them back in the game one at a time... bleh.

Anyhoo...so far that seems to be the 'worst of it' for my game, but I'm still too chicken to play my custom 'hood. Not gonna lose another one after spending ages playing it from nothing to 35 households plus sub-hoods.

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »
No, it is an AL bug. Pescado at Maty has a fix:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12892.0.html

Pleasant Valley

sewinglady

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2008, 09:33:53 AM »
Yup, just found it.  Sorry about that - came here first, then went to MATY...

Offline geekily

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »
TJ, thank you so much for all that you do! I just installed AL today, actually, after waiting a few days for hacks to start rolling out, and like some others have said, new EPs are a huge reminder of how awesome you are and how much the game would suck without you. It's the little things, y'know... like that my Sims keep serving food every 5 minutes despite the fridge being stocked with leftovers. Grrr. Sometimes I forget how much I depend on hacks, heh.

Right, I'll stop rambling now. What I meant to say is, THANK YOU!

vikitty

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »
TJ, I'm getting a conflict using the Conflict Detection prog re: the updated Smart Beds and the relax plugin:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Relax - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F4437F2
Instance ID: 0x00002034
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Mods\Global\TwoJeffs (AL)\Smart Beds - Relax Plug-in.package
\downloads\Mods\Global\TwoJeffs (AL)\Smart Beds.package

anything