Author Topic: Inteen Archive Now Available  (Read 120740 times)

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
Re: Inteen Archive Now Available
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2008, 02:38:33 PM »
Oh Jase, I am so very sorry. I hadn't been following the thread either for the same reason, but I wanted to add my hugs for what you've been through. :hug: I've had a hard drive fail, and that was maddening. The stress from it made me feel like someone was driving a spike into my temple and my stomach was in knots. I thought I'd lost years of genealogy research (luckily I found my disk backups). My heart goes out to you.

I hope that other things in your life will go well for you and that you'll stop by and say hi when you can. We all think you rock. Take care, and best wishes to you.
"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Offline cororon

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2008, 01:04:34 AM »
 :cry: Sooo sad to read this. But are you sure the drive can't be repaired, or maybe you can remember many things you did with the InTeen, so it won't take too long if you start again?  :whistle:

Maybe someone else could do it? :unsure:

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2008, 01:15:12 AM »
:cry: Sooo sad to read this. But are you sure the drive can't be repaired, or maybe you can remember many things you did with the InTeen, so it won't take too long if you start again?  :whistle:

Jase is a pretty smart guy.  He's really good with computers.  I'm sure he's explored all technical aspects before posting and saying it's gone.

Offline kacidama

• BFBVFS
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2008, 01:32:25 AM »

:omg: I can't believe how selfish some of you are  :chair:

Jase has lost a lot more than your stupid Inteen and please forgive him if at the end of Sims2 he doesn't want to go over 5 years work to make something that in 6 months or less most of you won't even be bothered with as you will be pleading for modders to make things for Sims3  :rant:

Thank him nicely for making a program that enhances your game - if you  can't possibly bear to play Sims2 without it you can remove AL - or do without altogether - it's your choice. 

And remember that after the FT update, Jase announced his retirement from modding so you are no worse off  /rant

ScarletSerpentP

« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2008, 01:47:47 AM »
*Hides from Kacidama because she scary when mad and doesn't envy cororon*

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2008, 05:10:15 AM »
I'm with Kaci on this one, some people just don't know when to give up pestering.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Have spork, will travel.
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »
I'm with Kaci on this one, some people just don't know when to give up pestering.

Ditto!

I was wondering how long before some insensitive moron would post something just like that. Ding ding ding! Cororon wins!  :dry:
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Love . Peace . Happiness
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2008, 09:04:11 AM »

Ditto!

I was wondering how long before some insensitive moron would post something just like that. Ding ding ding! Cororon wins!  :dry:

:lol: You don't mince any words do you? That both impresses and frightens me... :lol:

But seriously, I can not believe that anyone would assume that someone who has been modding for as long as Jase has, and who as added so much to an already complicated "program" as Jase, (TJ, Inge, Chavvik, etc..all have), doesn't know how to confirm hardware FAILURE!!! Really people!?! Do you think Jase put all of the effort he did (even after retiring), and then just gave up because his PC stopped working? [/ :rant:]

UGH!!

Offline helshez

• Babbling Baby
  • n3rdc0r3
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »
Oh man, how gutting! Jase, dude, I'm really sorry to hear about the failure, it totally sucks. As for InTeen, I'm sad we won't get it, but at the end of the day, it's only a game, life goes on. Thank you so much for all the work you've done over the years, and may your future path be well paved and illuminated. You have rocked, and will always do so in my mind!
Geek out in 3...2...1...

ely_o_nator

« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2008, 09:11:45 AM »
though i never been good with words,(so if some words come out wrong.. just know it wasn't meant in any rude fashion) I've always admired your work and enjoyed it over my addictive Sims years. though i am disappointed that this project will never be finished i understand and sympathise with your loss. though i am angry at fate, though it reminds us i guess that all the good things must come to an end sometimes. its no ones fault, yet regretably these things happen...
i just hope it didn't brake you in any way, for that would be an even bigger loss for you and every one in your close circle. your work will be deeply missed.

yours truly
  XxX Ely

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »
:lol: You don't mince any words do you? That both impresses and frightens me... :lol:

But seriously, I can not believe that anyone would assume that someone who has been modding for as long as Jase has, and who as added so much to an already complicated "program" as Jase, (TJ, Inge, Chavvik, etc..all have), doesn't know how to confirm hardware FAILURE!!! Really people!?! Do you think Jase put all of the effort he did (even after retiring), and then just gave up because his PC stopped working? [/ :rant:]

UGH!!

Sorry, I don't mean to frighten anyone, especially you, Jjab. I guess it comes from having spent so much time at PMBD.  :wink:

And I totally agree with your rant!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:35:20 AM by SmilingSweetly »

sfranklin

« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2008, 09:34:11 AM »
Jase, AL inteen or no, i think it's still safe to say YOU DA MAN!!!! xx :thumb:

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2008, 09:35:24 AM »
Sorry, I don't mean to frighten anyone, especially you, Jjab. I guess it comes from spending so much time at PMBD.  :wink:

And I totally agree with your rant!

:) NO apologies needed, I find it very refreshing!  PMBD? Oh, and thank you. :)

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2008, 09:37:15 AM »
Pay Sites Must Be Destroyed (a/k/a The Booty Forums). Pes' pirate forums.

Offline jase439

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »

I'm sorry.  I seem to have dropped my soap.  Could you pick it up for me?

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2008, 09:43:40 AM »

*falls out of her chair laughing*

Thanks Jase!!  :thumb:

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2008, 09:56:14 AM »

*Cabelle gets the boot-o-matic in place and cranks up the level to "straight to Mars"*

I'd love to push the button but I think Jase should get the honor.  :cheese:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2008, 10:09:37 AM »
Do we all get to watch?  :popcorn:
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
I sure hope so!  :biglaugh:

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2008, 10:18:44 AM »
Pay Sites Must Be Destroyed (a/k/a The Booty Forums). Pes' pirate forums.

Ohhhh! Duh! Sorry, wasn't thinking. I just learned about the list a few days ago....I didn't know there was an actual site to go with  :blush: :lol:.

Offline Foxybaby

• Mushloving Mophead
  • Fox Flowers!!!
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2008, 10:20:48 AM »

*snort* do you mind-I've just spat coffee all over my screen..........AT WORK :omg:

Offline cororon

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
:omg: I can't believe how selfish some of you are  :chair:

Jase has lost a lot more than your stupid Inteen and please forgive him if at the end of Sims2 he doesn't want to go over 5 years work to make something that in 6 months or less most of you won't even be bothered with as you will be pleading for modders to make things for Sims3  :rant:

Thank him nicely for making a program that enhances your game - if you  can't possibly bear to play Sims2 without it you can remove AL - or do without altogether - it's your choice. 

And remember that after the FT update, Jase announced his retirement from modding so you are no worse off  /rant
Yes I am selfish, but I hope Jase feels flattered when he knows that many of us are addicted to InTeenimater. :love: I'm not going to remove AL, but I will miss InTeenimater A LOT. It's the BEST Sims 2 mod ever.

Thanks Jase for all your work, and I understand how you feel. You must have felt more dissapointed and angry than all of us together when your drive failed.  :hug:

I didn't mean to  :poke: anyone, but can't help to think positive, that the door to AL-InTeen Wonderland maybe isn't compleatly closed and locked, and the key thrown away.  :wink:

Offline cororon

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2008, 12:25:34 PM »

UGH!!
I know they know more about computers than I do. I don't know much about computers, but I'm learning!  :biglaugh:  I thought that maybe drives could be sent somewhere for repair if the motor in them broke or something. Please don't be angry with me for being dumb.  :unsure:

Offline cororon

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »

I'm not bending over, you would only kick me or something. Here, take my liquid soap instead.  :ninja: Sorry for me being an insensitive moron. I was shocked by your news, and still am..  :hug:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »
It's the hard disk that has the problem, and if the files on it have become corrupted or lost, even on a *normal* system, it's very difficult to get them back.   From what people have said, Jase has a much more complicated system which is virtually impossible to do anything about if it fails.

Wanda1000

« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2008, 02:02:43 PM »
So darn sorry! Although the the information I lost was no way as important as yours, I still remember being stunned, going into a mental 'computer search', disbelief, bargaining with the above, anger, and acceptance. It was like going through the 5 psych stages of dying.

My sims game has been made more enjoyable thanks to your work. I wouldn't buy a new ep unless the latest Inteen was on my desktop. You have brought so much happiness and enjoyment to countless players through the years and eps, that your name will live on in Simdom for many years to come. I thank you for all your hard creative work, energy, and time that you have shared with me. I would wish you the best of sucess in your life, but the little I know about you, your work... there is no doubt you will be extemely sucessful. :thumb:

Offline cororon

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »
I so agree with Wanda1000. When I bought Bon Voyage and Freetime I didn't play much before InTeen was updated. The game didn't feel complete without it.  :smile:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:56:57 PM by cororon »

TheISZ

« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2008, 03:57:23 PM »
Please advertise for someone else to do the AL update! :giggle:

You might want to stop this.  It's not funny or cute and will upset folks.

Offline kacidama

• BFBVFS
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2008, 04:05:57 PM »
 :walls:

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2008, 04:07:22 PM »
Maybe cororon likes picking up soap. :eew:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »
Or even slipping on it....... :hmm:

Kaci, be careful, you'll hurt yourself!   :omg:

Offline billyd1000

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2008, 04:40:40 PM »

No. I can say he could give a flip about any one but himself. I have tried to resist a post to this "cough" person!? But we all feel some sorrow about the loss of InTeen, and I hope that other posters have the decency to accept reality and decide what is right for their own game. Sorry TJ, and moderators, but this kinda fired me up. I'm done now.

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »
Perhaps this would be the perfect opportunity to use the "block user" feature, since it blocks both PMs and their posts from our view. Might be the only way to keep our blood pressure within healthy levels.  :wink:

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2008, 04:54:27 PM »
I have not heard the sound of a Plonk in quite some time...
Maybe those who wander do get lost...
Pleasant Valley

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2008, 05:56:33 PM »
Perhaps this would be the perfect opportunity to use the "block user" feature, since it blocks both PMs and their posts from our view. Might be the only way to keep our blood pressure within healthy levels.  :wink:

You can do that? :confused: How?
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

mysticpony

« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2008, 05:58:26 PM »
 :cry: no word can express the sorrow I feel for your loss. Thanks for the good times.

Offline Cabelle

• Toddling Tot
  • Shall we play?
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2008, 06:22:19 PM »

You can do that? :confused: How?

Go into your profile, select personal messaging and add the name/s to the ignore list. It's quite a handy feature.  :cheese:

Offline cororon

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2008, 06:27:39 PM »
I was serious. I don't know why it would upsetting if someone else updated InTeen? I'm new to this forum so perhaps I've missed something? Maybe it's becuase of cultural differencies, I don't know? Anyway, I will not say more about InTeen here.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 06:32:31 PM by cororon »

athenamercurio

« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »
I do love inteen very much, but there are other AL teen pregnancy downloads. Not as good of course, but work fine.
Step 1. go to this directory - (http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/sims2living/)

Step 2- See the one on the bottom, its Teen woohoo for AL, once downloaded, it gives another folder for teen pregnancy options.  Just fallow instructions on the download.

Step 3- Have some teen moms... ;)

Note: Please do not copy this as it was originally from livingsims, a paysite. They might get mad... Wouldn't want that....

athenamercurio

« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »
Of coarse I do miss that little bioclock. Oh how I loved it so... Jase, I appreciate all your time and hard work into that naughty yet creative mod. I am so sorry about you drive, I feel worse about the fact that many of your creations and projects not just inteen were lost and burned up, I am sure there were several brilliant ideas and projects at work with such a genius mind as yours. Thank you for your time in creating a free mini expansion pack to my game.You have done a fine job in enhancing many peoples game, your work is finally done as you wish, but not as a disappointment,but to the effort you put into something for nothing in return. I do get a little passionate at times.. :love: Peace

Offline SimNörd

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »
 :omg: Wow Someone sure doesnt get the Message :blink:
I so agree with Wanda1000. When I bought Bon Voyage and Freetime I didn't play much before InTeen was updated. The game didn't feel complete without it.  :smile:

Will not have pie,Not even magpie

Offline cororon

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2008, 09:02:30 PM »
I edited my message now. I say what I think spontaneously sometimes.  :rolleyes:

Offline cororon

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2008, 09:05:11 PM »
I do love inteen very much, but there are other AL teen pregnancy downloads. Not as good of course, but work fine.
Yup, thanks for reminding me.  :thumb:

Offline SimNörd

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2008, 09:09:51 PM »
I edited my message now. I say what I think spontaneously sometimes.  :rolleyes:
Yep but that goes for me to, sometimes its better to go with the nicer version :P  :thumb:
Will not have pie,Not even magpie

athenamercurio

« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2008, 09:14:24 PM »
Yup, thanks for reminding me.  :thumb:

Thought it would be a great idea to provide step by step instructions for people who freak out about things that are not necessary because there are similar options.... Thought it would be good for some people... Not mentioning names... jks. Don't take it personally... lol. It is, after all, just a game...

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2008, 02:39:38 AM »
Step 1. go to this directory - (http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/sims2living/)

Step 2- See the one on the bottom, its Teen woohoo for AL, once downloaded, it gives another folder for teen pregnancy options.  Just fallow instructions on the download.

Step 3- Have some teen moms... ;)

Note: Please do not copy this as it was originally from livingsims, a paysite. They might get mad... Wouldn't want that....

As this was pointed out to you in the Inteen thread, where you copy/pasted this message to/from, if you're going to provide a link to the Booty then please be courteous and provide a link to the original website the download comes from.  :wink:

anything