Author Topic: Inteen Archive Now Available  (Read 120560 times)

Offline RKObabe05

• Mushloving Mophead
  • Keep on rockin!
Re: Inteen Archive Now Available
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2008, 02:00:56 PM »
Can't wait for update!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 02:04:32 PM by RKObabe05 »
Joy to the world! I wish TS3 was dead. I would barbeque it's head!!! No worries about the body, I'll flush it down the potty! And round and round'll go, and round and round it'll go, and RO-OUND and RO-OUND and round it'll goooo! YAY!!

Sissenstreudel

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2008, 05:44:44 PM »
so...hmm.  not trying to offer my uterus or cunnilingus to any hack designer here or anything like i've noticed has become quite popular recently...but um...d'ya know by now if any updated news has recently shown up as to when a rough guestimate on the date the AL inteenimater should be finished and released? that'd be kew.  i could update my calendar.

Offline kacidama

• BFBVFS
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2008, 05:47:38 PM »
jase posted on here last week that he is at the testing stage now

Offline RKObabe05

• Mushloving Mophead
  • Keep on rockin!
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2008, 06:25:53 PM »

That's the best news I've heard in today!
Joy to the world! I wish TS3 was dead. I would barbeque it's head!!! No worries about the body, I'll flush it down the potty! And round and round'll go, and round and round it'll go, and RO-OUND and RO-OUND and round it'll goooo! YAY!!

Sissenstreudel

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2008, 05:31:08 PM »
ah, coolbeans. thanks.

Offline helshez

• Babbling Baby
  • n3rdc0r3
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2008, 06:03:25 AM »

Sweet. I'm getting all goosepimply in anticipation. You know, it's my birthday soon... :wink:
Geek out in 3...2...1...

Molly

« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »
"goosepimply"
 Ha, and I thought I was the only one who used that word  :biglaugh:

Offline jase439

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2008, 08:21:24 AM »
Well.  Where to start?  The end, I guess.

I wrapped up testing the new InTeenimater this past weekend and had started integrating the patch as well as begun work on the flavor paks.   I had even toyed with the idea of posting my current build for a short public beta test this coming weekend.  I was feeling rather hopeful this would be released in the next couple of weeks barring disaster.

Disaster struck.  My system blue screened during a lengthy disk operation yesterday.  When the system came up again, I was greeted with the dreaded RAID failure and "Inaccessible boot device" message.  One of my drives in array had failed.  Those of you familiar with RAID0 (striping) will understand the catastrophic fatality of this error.  Unlike RAID1 or RAID5, RAID0 offers high performance but provides no redundancy; a loss of one drive is the loss of all drives.  Despite my best efforts, I was unable to recover the hard drive (and by consequence, the array) and as such, have lost the past year's worth (maybe more) of applications and data.  While I have backups of all my previous works, I had no backup of the new InTeenimater or WooHoo Teens for AL *sigh*

Sadly, this is the kiss of death for InTeen and marks the end of the journey for me.  The work involved to redo EVERYTHING and test it again is just too onerous.  My personal schedule is getting much tighter again - freetime is sparse - and I was looking forward to having this chapter behind me and this mod in your game.  Alas, under present circumstances, a redo is not possible.  I must accept this is a chapter that will simply never be written.  I deeply regret not having made a backup (I lost far more than InTeen).  In 5 years of running RAID, I've not once experienced an unrecoverable failure such as this and was lulled into complacency and a false sense of security.  I know this news may be met with severe disappointment by many of you.  Believe me, this is a huge loss of both effort and time for me and comes at great personal disappointment.  I hope you will forgive my lapse in judgment.  This was not the note I wanted to go out on.  But it is the one I must accept nevertheless.

Regretfully,  :cry:

J

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 08:41:28 AM by jase439 »

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Have spork, will travel.
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »
Jase, so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm not familiar with what it is you're describing here, but it definitely doesn't sound good. However, I do understand losing all the hard work and effort you have put into this, and therefore offer my best wishes.  :hug:
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

Offline Inge Jones

• Talkative Toddler
    • simlogical
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »
Aargh!  Your poor computer!  :omg:
http://www.simlogical.com
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.

Offline jase439

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2008, 08:45:21 AM »
Aargh!  Your poor computer!  :omg:
Yeah.  The whole situation is pretty shitty.  I'm now rediscovering how long it takes to reformat 1/2 terabyte of disk.  I so need a Mac.

Offline sandilou

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2008, 08:47:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about your pc, Jase; I hope you manage to salvage the rest of your work.  Thank you so much your hard work over the years, TS2 will be missing its best asset.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2008, 10:07:42 AM »
I can appreciate how you must be feeling.  I lost everything on both HDs a couple of years ago, but not, I hasten to add, 12 months work, so my loss, though to me at the time was pretty heart-breaking, was as nothing compared to yours. 

I hope you are able to get your computer up and running again, and that you are able to find the time to at least replace what you can that you had downloaded in the past, music, movies or whatever you had on there as well as your sims stuff - if you intend to go on playing when you have any spare time, that is.

I am sure people will remember you for the years of enjoyment you have added to their games, not for one *lapse of judgment* which must have hit you harder than anyone.

"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline TwistedSister

• The Cat Summoner
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • The Lazy Writer
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2008, 10:20:46 AM »
Sorry to hear about your comp, jase...I hope you get everything fixed soon!

And thank you so much for all of your hard work on InTeen; it was one the funnest mods I've ever had in my game. :thumb:
"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

marjo_d

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »
I finally decided to register, after many months of just reading the conversations (and having many a laughs :lol:), just to express my heart brokenness  :diva: over the loss of InTeen and Jase's computer. I've been using InTeen from day 1 and I don't know if I'll ever be able to play the Sims2 again with out it...

Jase I'm sorry you lost so much of your work.  :cry:

m

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »
I read Secret's post and thought it was a mean joke but this is horrible news. So heart-breaking to lose all your work like that.  :hug: Thanks for the fun times I had with Inteen. I only used it for a short time but it certainly sparked up my game.

Offline Henry Crun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »
 :hug:
Despite the name I am a girl. My real name is Mags.
The real Henry Crun is here

Offline Simmerqueen

• Her Royal Hind-Ass
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2008, 01:12:29 PM »
Let me add my condolences jase, and a thought - The only "note" you are going out on, is the note of how much richness you have brought to the games of sims players everywhere.  I know you are experiencing great personal frustration and sadness at the loss of a body of work, but as for the rest - you have rocked the sims' world and nothing can ever change that fact.   :thumb:
"Life is too short to waste on stupid people."

simsample

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2008, 01:23:19 PM »
Sorry to hear about the loss of your work, Jase. The kitten killer will be much missed, but I'm very grateful for all of the mods you created and maintained. I hope your PC is okay!

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2008, 01:51:23 PM »
With all the help I've given in beta tests and user support, this truly saddens me.  Inteen has been one of those mods that I've refused to play without.  University, even with my College Isn't Free mods, is just unbearable for me without the families.

Good luck to you Jase, where ever the road may take you now.  You will be missed.

Offline tunaisafish

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2008, 01:52:15 PM »
Jase, let me join you while you shout "arrrrggghhhhh f#@%&!!!!!" :(

Darn striping is a PITA.  I can empathise as it has happened to me before too.
I can sacrifice some kittens here if that would help.

ScarletSerpentP

« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2008, 01:55:45 PM »
Update: I changed this post

Jase I'm sorry to hear what happened, don't worry about Inteen just do what you can, you probably lost more on the HD then just the Inteen. sometimes things aren't meant to be and this maybe one of them. I know I have picture that I can't replace on my HD if it were to die.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:38:46 AM by ScarletSerpentP »

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Love . Peace . Happiness
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »
 :hug:  I wish there was something comforting I could say.....  :hug:

With my surprise, I had to gather my thoughts. I am very sorry for your loses. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to he Sims2 community. I hope this is not the last that we see of you as a member, now that you are retiring. Good luck in all of your future endeavors where ever they may lead.

Thank you, again.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:53:22 PM by jjab73 »

DulceMell

« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »
 :hug: thanks for everything you did for us Jase. And so sorry for the lost  :hug:

Molly

« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2008, 05:03:39 PM »
My heart sank when I read your post  :cry: not only for inteen being never again, but for you to put all that work in it  (nevermind whatever else you had. god only knows with that genius mind of yours  :love:) and to lose everything.
That's awful and I'm so sorry. You have done so much for this community and I know we will always miss you and your wonderful mods.
Thanks so much for all you've given us already

AEventyr

« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2008, 05:18:10 PM »
If I have been able to enjoy AL without getting my teens into trouble thus far, I believe I shall be able to drudge on without a new installment of inTeen. If I can't, then there's sure to be other mods out there somewhere. More sorry about the loss of all your hard work, Jase. Some time ago I sent a PM to you on your old site, and I will say it again -- thank you so much for the time and effort you even put into creating everything you did, especially after 'leaving.' Luck and happiness to you in all that you encounter!  :love:

The show must go on!

msgarner77

« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2008, 06:02:28 PM »
I have been lurking for a long time but I knew I had to step out of the shadows to express my sincere thanks and sympathy. I have been using inteen and its wonderful flavor paks for years. They make my game and have made the sims 2 more enjoyable to play than I could have imagined.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your computer. I can't imagine how awful it would be to lose 5 years worth of your life, nevermind all the countless hours you spent working on inteen and other sims stuff. Thank you so much for everything you've done and I wish you the best in all you do.  :smile:

P.S. I got AL but I've been waiting to install it until Inteen was updated. Now that I know its not going to be, I think I won't install AL at all. I meant it when I said Inteen made my game... :thumb:

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2008, 01:09:51 AM »
Sorry to hear about the disaster and the loss of all the work you've put in over the years.

I don't have anything else to say but understand how tough it is to deal with HD failures, let alone the RAID striping system, and yes that can be very fatal especially with RAID0 as the primary.

Let us know if you manage to get your computer up and running again and to let us know what you been doing.
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Come play Aetolia with us!

Offline Elven_Ranger

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2008, 02:51:31 AM »
So sorry Jase, lost everything on my PC a year ago or so now, and so I share your pain. Hope you can get your pc into an operable state again.

Offline kacidama

• BFBVFS
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2008, 03:18:32 AM »
 :hug: :cry:

I am so sorry Jase.  I didn't use inteen much but I appreciate how much work must have gone into the program and losing a year's work is so frustrating.  Hindsight is a great thing and there is no need to beat yourself up because you should have (not) done something.

Take a long break and enjoy life for a while - you deserve it and when you feel like it stay in touch and let us know how you are doing  :smile:

I lost my hd a couple of years ago so I know how devastating it is - and I didn't have that much on it - compared to you.

:hug: again and we all hope that whatever you do in the future will be as successful an endeavour as InTeen was  :love:

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2008, 04:42:03 AM »
 :hug:  :cry:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Merlin

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2008, 09:17:04 AM »
Jase that's a sad news, loosing everything is so frustrating I hope you vill get back what you had in your PC or at least what's most importand in your opinion

Crowbar

« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2008, 09:26:06 AM »
balls news, jase, it always sucks when a disk or 40 die and you lose a fair bit, hope you can get most of it back. maybe a recovery tool to check the unwrittenover sectors?

Offline Trif

• Flocker Magnet
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Pleasant Valley
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2008, 10:18:35 AM »
That's the thing, if it was a single drive that might be possible, but as part of a stripe set, a data recovery app is essentially worthless.
Maybe those who wander do get lost...
Pleasant Valley

Offline SmilingSweetly

• S.P.O.R.K.
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Have spork, will travel.
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2008, 11:20:42 AM »
There will be much sadness in Hooville this day.  :cry:
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

Swjosdotschka

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »
 :cry: Jase, I feel so sorry for you! I know how extremly annoying (silly word, but I can't think of a propper one) it is to loose that much of data and have worked for... nothing.

Still I would like to thank you for all the years of Inteen. It made the game more enjoyable for me. What I will miss most is the fail birth control and the misscarriage. Made everything kind of thrilling when needs drop.
For having Teens Whoohoo we can use Insim, but it will never be the same.

I so wished that there will be another Inteen, because I won't buy the Sims 3 and am stuck with Sims 2 forforever, but I truly understand your decission.

SammiStar

« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2008, 01:33:44 PM »
God you must be so angry at losing everything else on your PC as well.

I just wanted to add my thanks to you for all your incredibly hard work over the years - inteen really is/was a fantastic mod and it's made my game so much more enjoyable. I'm just so sad for you that it's ended in the loss of a years worth of work.

Offline ilikefishfood

• Mistress of Special Brownies
  • Talkative Toddler
    • "If...Life and Times in Christophe Harbour"
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2008, 02:41:59 PM »
Love you Jase!  So sorry about the computer.  Big hugs and thanks for the good times!
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2008, 04:08:07 PM »
jase....I'm so sorry.....I killed two computers this year *my work one and home one* and while I'm no techno genius as you are some of my "stuff" was invaluable - especially on my work computer as I teach.  While I will miss Inteen, I expect I will meander on without it quite well.  You though are another thing.  The contributions you have made to the community are invaluable, but you are unreplaceable.  Please do not be a stranger to the site.   :hug:

Offline SimNörd

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2008, 05:33:55 AM »
 :unsure: Would´nt know what to do if this happened to me so sorry jase :hug:
Will not have pie,Not even magpie

Offline gabunny

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2008, 11:17:50 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that your computer is fried Jase ):. Thank you so much for your work on InTeen! It was my favourite mod for the sims and made my game so much fun to play ^_^

Grannysims

« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about all of your problems Jase.  Thanks for all of your hard work and big hugs.

theevilwriter

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
Jase, that sucks so much :( My external hard drive committed suicide earlier this week and I'm still kicking myself for not having backed a lot of things up. To have a real hard drive on your computer go belly up...yikes.

Hey, do you have a second hard drive on that computer, though? I bought that hard drive because a secondary internal drive on my last computer flaked out on me, and I lost a lot of stuff (haha, idiot evilwriter, you'd think I'd of thought of backing things up after that! Nope. This time it wasn't anything important, though) BUT after trying several programs that were supposed to restore lost data and didn't I bought a program off of ebay that salvaged over 90% of the drive's contents - you need to save things to a different drive than they orginiated on, hence the question about a second drive. It seems to be called Boot CD Utilities. If you can't find it on ebay, I have an e-mail from the seller still with his e-mail address still.

druintia

« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2008, 05:09:57 PM »
Dear Jase,
I'm am so sorry to hear about your computer and wish you all the best. In teen was the first hack/mod I found after I bought Sims 2 and every since then I've always waited to buy the expansion pack after In teen was updated. I loved the flavor packs, in particular being able to have risky woohoo and same sex pregnancy at the same time in my game. I can truly say that my Sims life won't be the same without it. You and your incredible skills will be missed.  :hug: 

Offline Foxybaby

• Mushloving Mophead
  • Fox Flowers!!!
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »
OMG Jase, I'm so sorry for you. Thanks for all your work on InTeen, its been by far my favourite mod and my game won't be the same without it. I hope everything works out in regards to all your other things you lost  :hug:

cavilez1987

« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »
Oh my now what am I gonna do with my skanky teenage girls and my hormonal teenage boys.  :lol: Just kidding. Thank you for trying though Jase. I will surely miss Inteen. It was one of my favorite mods. I hope you get everything situated with your computer (and get that well deserved MAC) and have a wonderful future.

Offline ambasue22

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2008, 06:05:05 AM »
Oh my, I haven't been here alot because school has been busy, but I am very, very sorry Jase.   :unsure:  I've had hardrives go wacko on me before, so I understand that feeling!
"I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally."
-- W.C. Fields

Offline billyd1000

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2008, 10:30:50 AM »
OMG....I am sorry to hear this jase. I know there was some awesome potential in the AL InTeen. I was shocked to see how good this EP appears to be in the few short days it has been installed. But hey, you will make a come back in whatever it is you persue. I just want to thank you for all the versions of InTeen and other mods you have provided free of charge all these years. And to thankyou for your time, your patience, your help and all the many hours of enjoyment you have brought to my computer. Good luck and good wishes.....

thisisrequired

« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »
OMG....I am sorry to hear this jase. I know there was some awesome potential in the AL InTeen. I was shocked to see how good this EP appears to be in the few short days it has been installed. But hey, you will make a come back in whatever it is you persue. I just want to thank you for all the versions of InTeen and other mods you have provided free of charge all these years. And to thankyou for your time, your patience, your help and all the many hours of enjoyment you have brought to my computer. Good luck and good wishes.....

Ditto... lol i couldnt say it much better myself sorry for copying you.

Offline DMDye

• Wiked Westerly Witch
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2008, 02:06:02 PM »
Chizos!  :omg:  I hadn't been following this thread because I don't use InTeen; thank you for all your hard work and all you have done for the community.   :hug:  Sorry about your HD and all your hard work.

anything