Author Topic: Inteen Archive Now Available  (Read 120726 times)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
Inteen Archive Now Available
« on: August 10, 2008, 07:58:47 AM »
With Jase's retirement from modding and the impending shutdown of his website in a few days I've offered to provide a home for Inteen as well as the other files that were hosted on his site rather than letting them end up in the graveyard. Jase accepted my offer and has already uploaded most of the files here.

I've created a new set of download forums for the files. These mods are provided as-is, with no warranty or guarantee of support. None of the mods are under active development any longer so are not likely to be updated for AL. Just because I'm hosting the files does not imply that I intend to take over development of any of them in the future.

Feel free to post any questions about any of the mods in the general support forum. I can't guarantee that anyone here will know the answer or be able to help. All of the files include documentation. If you just want to know what something does, download it and read for yourself.

Also, Jase is a member here but sending him a pm requesting support or begging for an AL update to Inteen will fall on deaf ears so don't bother.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline jjab73

• Queen of Typoland
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Love . Peace . Happiness
Re: Inteen Archive Now Available
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:35:50 AM »
Thank you for archiving InTeen!!! This site is a God send for all Sims 2 fans. (((HUGS)))

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Some days are just after you!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 04:16:55 PM »
Thank you.  It's really kind of you to do that for him. 

Offline ilikefishfood

• Mistress of Special Brownies
  • Talkative Toddler
    • "If...Life and Times in Christophe Harbour"
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 04:31:45 PM »
*Fiercely resisting temptation to pm Jase*  Someone tie my hands!!!!!!!  :cheese:
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 04:42:13 PM »
Ooooh! Gets the ropes and handcuffs... :halo:
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »
Ooooh! Gets the ropes and handcuffs... :halo:

*sly smile* TJ! I had no idea this was that kinda board! :cheese:  But seriously, 'tis very nice of you to give inteen a roof.
"If..."a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, misunderstandings, quite a bit of silliness & a bit of rock & roll."

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 08:28:40 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ropes, handcuff and laughs......that describes a few of us........ :rofl:

Offline Ambular

• Highchair Hipster
    • Ambular's Artifacts
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 09:52:21 PM »
Thanks, TJ.  It's good to know these mods won't be lost to the ages.

This is not to be construed as a request of any kind, I merely seek information: has Jase said anything for or against further development by third parties?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 10:19:43 PM by Ambular »

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 10:17:41 PM »
No, no official word either way. But I never asked either.

Offline MadameMim

• Mushloving Mophead
    • Genensims - Madame Mim's Lab
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 04:01:33 PM »
You never asked because Jase might have said something evil, like "Sure TJ, have at it."  :lol:

You know Jase stopping updating inteen is part of why I'm not getting apartments. Well, the fact that it's not interesting enough of a concept to overcome the fact that I will lose inteen if I install it.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 04:57:06 PM »
Erm, yes. It could have been because of something like that. Ignorance is bliss. :P

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 05:03:02 PM »
 :lol:
TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 05:21:48 PM »
Did I just hear MadameMim volunteer?

Offline Ambular

• Highchair Hipster
    • Ambular's Artifacts
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »
Erm, yes. It could have been because of something like that. Ignorance is bliss. :P

Hehehe!  Don't blame you a bit.  XD  I wouldn't touch InTeen with a ten-foot pole even if I knew how.  If it's needed and not officially discouraged, though, I do hope someone (anyone! XD) updates Teen Woohoo.

Offline MadameMim

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 07:56:17 AM »
 :omg:  :chair: :walls: and then I would have added a running away emoticon but there wasn't one easily to hand.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »

Hehehe!  Don't blame you a bit.  XD  I wouldn't touch InTeen with a ten-foot pole even if I knew how.  If it's needed and not officially discouraged, though, I do hope someone (anyone! XD) updates Teen Woohoo.

Why would you need that with ACR?
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline Simmerqueen

• Her Royal Hind-Ass
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 10:53:02 AM »
 :confused:  I was wondering the same thing, but as I'm not familiar with InTeen I didn't know if I was missing something...  :unsure:
"Life is too short to waste on stupid people."

Offline Ambular

• Highchair Hipster
    • Ambular's Artifacts
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 11:00:39 AM »
I've got ACR in, but I haven't played enough since I installed it to know yet whether I'm going to keep it.  Some of the 'All my Sims have turned into sluts' stories kinda scare me.  >_>

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 12:46:47 PM »
It's mainly a problem with YA's.  Setting tokens to Spouse Only for marrieds helps, and setting Acceptance Levels on your lots at 100/100 helps too.  Likewise, if you don't want teens to woohoo until they are nearly adults, just delete the adjuster until you want them to experiment.  If you don't want any teens to woohoo, you can set it globally for the hood.  It's very versatile.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Birman Kat

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 10:38:13 PM »

If ignorance is bliss TJ, then you are one very UN-blissful soul.  You are anything BUT ignorant.  Between You, Pesci, Numenor, Quaxi, and maybe a handful of others, you have worked to make the game playable for all of us, and expected nothing in return (Yes I grouped you in with Numenor and Quaxi).  Well I for one wish to say thank you for your tireless work in this game, and that is not idle flattery, it is an honest compliment.  Whether you take on the task of updating Inteem or not, you deserve thanks from all for the work that you have done to date.  I thank you.

Birman Kat

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »
There's an announcement on the Inteen site from someone reputed to be Jase stating a come back will be made to update Inteen and JenFlowers for AL.  Save the cakes!  Save the pies!

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 02:16:27 AM »
What Birman Kat said.

Ancient! OMG!  I read it too!! You think it was the cakes and pies, or the incesant whining?!!!  I'm figuring it's the whining......we can get pretty annoying!  OMG!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:22:52 AM by ilikefishfood »

TheISZ

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 12:40:30 PM »
Wow!  That is a most unexpected and pleasant surprise.  I am very grateful to hear it will be updated one more time.  Now I will get AL.  :cheese:

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 02:23:30 PM »
me too!  If it was really Jase. :cheese:  Then everything will be "complete".

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »
yes, it's really jase  :cheese:

here is the message for those that haven't looked at the InTeen site

So Long and Thanks for All The Fish (er Kittens?) - August 12, 2008

New postby jase439 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:09 pm
As prophesied, the hour of this site's closure is nigh. On Tuesday, August 19th, this site will shut its doors for the last and final time. It is with mixed emotion I pen this last announcement. I have greatly enjoyed my time away from Simming and the fanatical debacle that is InTeen (a mod that has, since its infancy, been shrouded in debate, controversy, praise, and criticism). It's a lot easier to take all of it in stride having removed myself from the project and after turning my attention to other aspects of my life. Perhaps the most memorable part of InTeen is the friendships I have forged throughout its storied development that began some lazy winter night back in December of 2004. Earlier this weekend, I did a Google of InTeenimater and was taken aback by the endless sea of references stretched out across the web. Love it or loathe it, InTeen has undeniably made its mark upon this community. I have only the enthusiasm of the fans and critics alike to thank for its reception. I also have to thank my testers (some of whom never or rarely use the mod in their own game), international translators (11 different languages - wow!), the maternity fashion artists (whose creative spark is unparalleled), and forum moderators (whose resistance to bullshit is unparalleled) who have invested countless hours of their own time in helping me realize the vision and providing support of this mod. It would be easy to tip my hat in my own honor at a time like this, but I realize that without the help of dozens of people and the support of the community (thank you MTS2 and InSIMenator.net!), this project never would have found its legs.

So it is, I tip my hat to all of you - the fans - and leave you with the following news of cheer:

1. All of this site's works have been (or are in the process of being) transferred to TwoJeff's site, Simbology. You won't have to scavenge the net in search of this site's remnants when it goes. Thank you TwoJeffs for your friendship and service here (as co-admin) and for your generosity in permitting these works to "live on" on your board. You are truly rock solid.

2. As a parting gift to the thousands of users who have supported and embraced this mod over these many months, I have decided that InTeen will enjoy one last dance with her creator before she leaves the stage. InTeen will be updated one more time for the upcoming Apartment Life EP. And, as InTeen owes its origins to Jenflower's remarkable WooHoo Teens, I would be remiss to not give her a fresh coat of paint as well; both will be updated together. There will be no beta period. There will be no official testing. There will be no support apart from what the community members are willing to offer each other. It will be worked on in my own time and released via the Simbology link above when it's ready. Your lamentations have been heard and deliverance cometh (but I swear to God, this is REALLY it)! Stay tuned to TwoJeff's Site News in the coming weeks/months for details of this release.

Thank you, everyone, for this amazing (tumultuous?) 3 1/2 year experience!

Now, turn up that fracking music. It's time to dance!

J

:love:

The funny thing is I'm one of the InTeen beta-testers that rarely used it - because I didn't want to get used to having it and then it not be updated :P   

TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 05:09:39 PM »
:yay:

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
 I second twojeffs' :yay:

Offline MadameMim

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 01:02:20 AM »
I third the  :yay: and add a heartfelt  :love:

It is now possible that apartment life will manage to make it onto my PC

Not only that but it's a possible sign of Inteenimater addiction on Jase's part - nobody tell him or he might go seek help.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 01:30:40 AM »
Maybe he just likes cake and pies......

Offline crzycman8

• Mushloving Mophead
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 02:10:43 AM »
 :yay: :cele3:   :bow:
If you fail to change yourself how the h**l  do you think you can change the world.

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 05:21:17 AM »
or maybe he just felt sorry for us..... :P

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 01:41:56 PM »
I think it helped that it was confirmed in the chat that there are no plans for any more EPs/SPs after AL.  After all these EP updates, be kind of silly to not do it for the last one. :P  I certainly would have understood if jase hadn't changed his mind but I'm awfully glad he has.

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 06:15:58 PM »
I'm glad, too!  I think I'll be putting my InTeen back in.

Offline Figwit

• Pineapple Princess
  • Whining Whelp
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »
Wonderful news. Thank you so much. I can put InTeen back in now. I have missed it so much :thumb:

Offline Zirconia Wolf

• Queen of the Cross-Post
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Reticulated MoonBat Queen
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 06:52:56 AM »
I read that announcement & almost fell out of my chair!

I had reluctantly pulled InTeen out of my game after Jase said "enough is enough" with the FT update & miss it terribly. It is still my hands-down all time favorite Mod ever designed for Sims 2...even Jase does think of me a MoonBat!  :P

This is awesome news indeed!

-ZW

(To they people who wonder "why not just use ACR/etc", I can't answer for everyone else but for me the coolest thing about InTeen was the way you could have YA engagements/marriages & raise children/become an Adult all while on a "residential" lot still at College! It's the only thing that made the University EP interesting for me!)
~ Long Live All Wild Canines! ~
~ Sims 1 & 2 Forever! Sims 3 or 4? Never!! ~
~ Queen Of The Great InTeen Moon-Bat Revolution ~

Offline ilikefishfood

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 01:54:35 PM »

(To they people who wonder "why not just use ACR/etc", I can't answer for everyone else but for me the coolest thing about InTeen was the way you could have YA engagements/marriages & raise children/become an Adult all while on a "residential" lot still at College! It's the only thing that made the University EP interesting for me!)

My fave feature too!  When I used to help with inTEEN, my job was to test it on uni lots, and try every possible scenario to make sure it worked as advertized.  It's like a whole new EP really.

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 10:10:40 AM »
Uni without InTeen just isn't worth playing...

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »
Oh, I don't have Inteen, but I do send all my sims through Uni, and I really don't mind them not having kids.  I do get them through as fast as possible without actually messing with semester lengths, though.

Offline yetyak

• Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
Without it, I use the college adjuster and rush them through and ship them back home.  With InTeen I at least play through half of the semesters.  Sometimes nothing happens, and sometimes something does.  Just makes it a bit more interesting.

Offline Sleepycat

• Resident Hairball
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • meow!
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 08:26:59 PM »
I've never used InTeen & Uni (avoided sending teens to Uni when I did happen to have InTeen in) but I think it is just what I need to make Uni more interesting. I will wait until AL is out and InTeen is updated before trying families at Uni though.  :P

SilentPsycho

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2008, 03:40:55 AM »
I am now extremely willing to have Jase's babies, should he ever need that service. ;)  Now I can install Apartments quite happily when my new PC is up and running now that I know I can have that 'Pregnant!Alexander Goth/Loving!Beau Broke/Evil!Mortimer and Evil!Cassandra/Hidden in the Attic!Baby/Vengeful, Betrayed, Dark Wizard!Alexander making his family's life a misery for mistreating his baby' storyline I've been rolling around inside my head without having to wait before installing Apartments. ;)

Offline twojeffs

• Supreme Simbologist
  • Administrator
  • Tempermental Tyke
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 03:32:38 PM »
The Inteen site has offically bitten the dust as of today. RIP.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2008, 03:44:21 PM »
It's always sad to see the demise of a sim site!

http://www.scouting.milestones.btinternet.co.uk/lykewake.htm#dirge

Offline jase439

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2008, 06:45:30 PM »
I am now extremely willing to have Jase's babies, should he ever need that service. ;)
Wow.  That was my second offer in a day.  Where were you people when I needed you???  :love:

Offline Dragonfly

• Babbling Baby
    • Gnauty Li'l Gnomes
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 03:56:29 PM »
 :cele3: :prancing: Thank You so much Jase!!! Without InTeen and ACR Sims is just not the same!!  :love2:

Offline ingeli

• Babbling Baby
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »
I am probably too old to have Jases babies, but I m deeply grateful for this. My medieval sims will be able to get back their old traditions of early marriages. TY!

Offline zolabee

• Ellipsis...Queen
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »
I am probably too old to have Jases babies, but I m deeply grateful for this. My medieval sims will be able to get back their old traditions of early marriages. TY!

There is a rather well known 47 year old in our community having triplets in a few months and I just read last week that a woman gave birth to her grandchild   X).....so, in this day and age....anything is possible.....be scared...very scared.... I know I am.... age doesn't seem to mean anything any more....and I know one thing....I don't want to be like the Biblical Sarah and having babies at 90....*shudder* it was hard enough in my 20's and 30's. 

P.S. Jase....I'm eternally grateful also....but not willing to have your baby....so thank you will have to do!   :lol:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2008, 10:40:08 AM »
I think the Bible contains more than a few exaggerations!

Merlin

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2008, 08:11:08 AM »
This is the greatest news I've had for a long time, I didnīt want to by the Apartment until now, I love the opportunity to start making a family sooner and not waiting until becoming an adult.
So hugs and kisses here from Iceland  :cele3:

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2008, 08:15:40 AM »
I bet you sim a lot on those cold northern nights in the winter! :smile: