Author Topic: Member Uploads  (Read 20607 times)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Superannuated Coffeeholic
    • Zephyr Zodiac @ 4-Shared
Member Uploads
« on: May 26, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »
If you have any of AH's mods that I haven't uploaded, please feel free to use this section to upload them, with a comment as to what EPs you know they work with.  If those mods appear to fit into one of the existing threads, I will then move the zip and provide a link from your post to the thread the mod is in.
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

http://www.4shared.com/u/yCrnLoEP/Zephyr_Zodiac.html

Offline blossyblossy

• Mushloving Mophead
Re: Member Uploads
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
I have these two in my AH folder.
I have all EPs and SPs.  I haven't played the game very much since installing AL and M&G but I haven't noticed any weirdness.

Offline Katya

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 12:34:01 AM »
I have this: YA Jobs Elder Jobs flavor pack for InTeen.
Angelos Town Prosperity updated 7th May.

Offline Imalia

• Toddling Tot
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
I have this:  AH's update for monique child support (No social services payout version)

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 03:00:56 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I'll do the transfer later, I'm pretty tired now and might well do something wrong, so it's better I leave it till I'm wide awake!
"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims."  ZephyrZodiac with apologies to Willie Waggledagger.

Offline za1susi

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
Ive all Eps and Sps and found these 4 mods on my computer.

Offline amberkat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 07:29:40 PM »
dug through my HD and managed to find a couple of files.

according to the printscreen I had with the files, PTO fix  EP6 works through AL.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:49:29 PM by amberkat »
Desktop:  Base+2005 Holiday, UN, NL, Holiday 2006 download, OFB, FFS, GLS, Pets, Seasons, Celebration, H&M, BV, TSS. {DIED}
Netbook:  Base+2005 Holiday, UN, NL, Holiday 2006 download. {DIED}
New Desktop:  All sims 2 + sims 3 base game {Some day}

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:40:07 AM »
Thanks again, everyone.

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 08:55:26 AM »
Okay, now my puter is back, i'll upload what i have, that doesn't seem to be here yet...

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

Offline Pleun

• Talkative Toddler
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
And some more...

Btw, does anyone have AH's NPC aging? I might want to try that if i can't fix the issue between BO's slow aging and inteen.
Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8058.msg158858#msg158858

There you go, Pleun - I found it in a little unloved corner of my PC!

Thanks for all those files.  I must get around to sorting them all but my mind is not firing on all cylinders at present.

Offline amberkat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 02:53:39 PM »
Hi,  found more files when digging through an older HD.  I saved these files according to the ep needed to use them.

These files need BV.  Some have been updated to AL.
Desktop:  Base+2005 Holiday, UN, NL, Holiday 2006 download, OFB, FFS, GLS, Pets, Seasons, Celebration, H&M, BV, TSS. {DIED}

Offline amberkat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
More files.  These need FT.  Again, some of these may have been updated to AL.

Offline amberkat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 03:01:01 PM »
More FT files.  I downloaded all these in july 2009.

these are the Autonomous Career Rewards files with some more info.

I know that one was posted, just not sure which version, so I put up all the versions that I had.

Offline amberkat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 03:06:46 PM »
Last batch of FT files.

I know that a version of the New colors for restorable car has been put up, but it didn't match the size of my file (3m vs 13m when unziped).  My file matches what Pleun put up.  Also included the pictures.

this is a Default replacement, so you can only use one.

Offline amberkat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 03:11:47 PM »
My BV & FT files were downloaded 07-2009; went back and downloaded the AL in 08-2009

Here are the loose files, some of which are updates to BV/FT files for AL
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:30:19 PM by amberkat »

Offline amberkat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »
Checked za1susi's version of the AL update for Lot Full of Sims and it matches mine, but the pregnancy for all genders file wasn't included.
Here it is:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:17:33 PM by amberkat »

Offline amberkat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
AH updated Monique's Child Support for AL.

Both Imalia and Pleun put up these files.  Mine were downloaded 08-2009, and looking at Pleun's file, at least one was updated 04-2010.

Here are my files and a text file.

Offline amberkat

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »
Finally, some BV files updated to work with AL.  [the names may be the same, but they are NOT the same file]

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »
I noticed this thread awhile back, but life got in the way.

These are the mods that no one else uploaded. They came from AH's old forums called Ancient Highway's Castaways. Unfortunately, I did not have documentation that explain exactly what these mods do. BUT I took the opportunity to inspect some of them with SimPE to jog my memory.

Caveat Emptor: These mods are ONLY for Apartment Life (AL).

Below:

ah_BookStudyLimit - Limits how many skill points a child earn from studying: Cooking, Cleaning, Mechanical. Does not affect either FT or AL skills: Fire Safety, Physiology, etc.
ah_ChessLimit - Limits how many skill points a child earn from playing chess.
ah_EaselLimit - Limits how many Creativity skill points a child earn from painting on an easel.
ah_PianoLimit - Limits how many Creativity skill points a child earn from playing a piano. (All types of pianos. Doesn't work with custom pianos if they're not based on Maxis pianos)
ah_TelescopeLimitFT - Limits how many Logic skill points a child earn from using a telescope to stargaze with.
ah_ToyOven - Limits how many Cooking skill points a child earn from making something on a toy oven.
ah_ToyPegBox - Limits how many Logic skill points a toddler earn from playing with a toy peg box.
ah_ToyRabbit - Limits how many Charisma skill points a toddler earn from playing with a toy rabbit.
ah_ToyXylophone - Limits how many Creativity skill points a toddler earn from playing with an Xylophone.

NOTE:

The skill limiting mods above affect toddlers and children only. They all raise skill points to at least 3, and not more. AH believed that the children shouldn't gain/maximize skill points early in their lives. These skill limiting mods do not affect teens or adults.

I have AH's other mods that I will post in subsequent thread(s).
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Come play Aetolia with us!

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
These mods focus on college classes, teen jobs for YAs and aging among other things related to University. It was his answer to Squinge's Mega College Set (only at IS) that allowed YAs to live at home and go to college.

I looked at some of them to find out what they did.

Caveat Emptor: These mods are only for Apartment Life (AL). No lame requests to modify them for other EP/SPs. They come as is. Take it or leave it.

Below:

ah_AL_YA_collegeandelderjob - Allows YAs and perhaps elderly adults to obtain regular jobs. Probably useful if no teen jobs aren't modified for YAs. Test this out to see what it does at your own risk.
ah_BaseGame_YA_Job_Conversion - Teen jobs from Base Game converted to YA jobs to accommodate YAs' class schedules and exams.
ah_ChristianLov_JobInfoTool-TEST - This one was a testing mod (based on ChristianLov's JobInfoTool mod from MTS) with additional functions to allow YAs to view their job status, career level and whatnot while the YAs are at college. I believed he had a finished version, but I couldn't find it on my storage drive. This mod used a painting (medium sized painting with rainbow-colored oils and dark frame).
ah_ClassStartBCONs - Start classes as early as 8 AM and finish classes roughly before 1 or 2 PM. Did not see anything about exam start times.
ah_Freetime_YA_Job_Conversion - Teen jobs from FreeTime (FT) converted to YA jobs to accommodate YAs' class schedules and exams.
ah_HarderGrades_Professor - Makes it tough to score a grade grade with a visiting Professor regardless of romantic or social interactions. Potential for YA to fail randomly.
ah_HarderGrades_TermRequired - Makes it tough to score a good grade without writing a term paper. Potential for YA to fail randomly.
ah_NoAgeYA - If I recalled correctly, this mod addresses the hidden aging issue with YAs at Uni when Inteen and ACR are used (together or separate) in the game. This mod stops YAs from aging. They didn't age originally by Maxis design, but with ACR, they started aging normally as adults once they age up into YAs at college upon their arrival. What happens is that when YAs graduate and become adults, their fertility scores drop to 0%, rendering them unable to have children and are marked as "elderly adults".
ah_Seasons_Job_Conversions - Teen jobs converted to YA jobs to accommodate the YAs' class schedules and exams.
zah_AL_cd_higher_bills_tuition - Higher bills plus tuition. The bill is at $500 (general), and the tuition at college gets added to the general bill ($200 per college student in the active family either at a dorm or college resident lot). On regular resident lots outside Uni, the bill gets figured based on the lot value, not on anything else. The bill becomes ridiculously cheap over time as the lot value deteriorates. Does not use Mansion&Garden bonuses to cheapen the bills (solar panels, anything "green"). Do not use this mod with other bill mods made by AH. They all are the same with the exception that this one gets tuition added. Your YAs will be miserable paying their bills with this one guaranteed.

The mods above are finished versions and are "as is". Warranties went out back in 2009.
"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »
Thank you so much for these, Chaavik!  I only had the FT versions and not of all the stuff you have here, and I'm sure people will appreciate it.  (BTW, I use ACR and don't use that NoAgeYA mod, and have never had a problem  with graduates being able to have children, usually if they are a couple, they start their family the day the second one graduates and moves in, and more often than not, without any special mods, they have twins!)

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 11:23:06 AM »
A batch of general mods done by AH to suite his own needs. He figured to share his mods with those of you with similar ideas how your game should be run.

I checked some of them with SimPE to get an idea what they do.

Caveat Emptor: These mods are only for Apartment Life (AL). No stupid requests to modify them for other EP/SPs. Take it or leave it. Warranties went out in 2009.

Below:

ah_AL_UniEnabled_MQ_IndividualAging - This mod is different from the other mods having to do with clocks and aging options. As the name of the mod indicated, the mod is enabled for use on Uni lots (resident and commercial).
ah_cd_business_levels - Makes gaining business levels harder.
ah_cd_higher_bills - Makes bills expensive to pay. Does not use Mansion&Garden bonuses (solar panels, anything "green"). There was another version of this mod labeled with MG that had a bug issue when AH worked on it. Again, do not use this mod with other bill mods made by AH or anybody else.
ah_cd_jobs - Makes gaining career levels harder.
ah_GlobalTuning - This tuning mod was a single BCON edited to increase the number of Sims allowed to live on a resident lot originally. Was supposed to go with ah_LotFullofSims. Probably unnecessary now if you find a better mod out there to allow more than 8 Sims on a resident lot.
Lakeside Lodge - AH made a pretty nice lot. Make sure to clean install it with Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer.

The rest I have are related to careers. I had my own versions based on AH's limited careers just for Vampires. He allowed me to host them at his site before. I will include them some other time.

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 11:24:42 AM »
Hiya Z.

That particular mod, I think, is affected by Inteen too. But I have it still in my game although I don't use Inteen anymore. Seems to work fine to the point that my YAs won't age prematurely once the become adults after graduation.

There was a discussion awhile back here about that. I think doren brought it up.

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 12:19:57 PM »
I don't remember the discussion, but I tend to think the cause of the infertility was Inteen rather than ACR - imho, ACR seems to make my simmies more fertile, not less!

Offline Chaavik

• Not Illogical
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • Criminal Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »
I just know that that particular mod was useful to address the issue. I do know that the discussion was here somewhere. I thought maybe doren brought it up because she tend to find little issues that are so easily overlooked by either ACR or Inteen. The only reason I remember was because she usually is the one finding technical issues to nitpick and compile data on.

I will assume it is both ACR and Inteen because a lot of people use them together. Just a natural assumption. I still use it as a safety precaution on my part.

Since it was done by AH, I figured to toss it here for anybody who wants to pop it into their games. There's no harm in tossing it into the game if neither ACR or Inteen (or both) is used.

Edited:

Also, the higher bills with tuition version has one catch. The mailman comes roughly every two days. If I recalled, he showed up on Monday when the new YA moves in. Then he showed up every other day or so, making it difficult to pay the bills if the student does not get more money for their grades by the end of the semester. That's only IF the harder_grade mods are used.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:54:41 PM by Chaavik »

Offline Mootilda

• Drooling Diaperfiller
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 09:55:01 AM »
Sorry, I just realized that NPC aging has already been posted.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:59:07 AM by Mootilda »

Offline zephyrzodiac

• Chief Postaholic
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »
I really must try and find a spare few hours to sort everything into the relevant threads!

Good to know you're still around!

Offline aussieone

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »
Speaking about AH's NPC aging mod, after doing a google search and a search on here, I can't seem to find any relevant info about this mod and unfortunately, the rar doesn't have documentation, only the mod itself.

I put in into my downloads folder, but didn't run the game. I loaded up the HCDU and NPC aging had a possible conflict with TJ's Age Duration hack as well as a few of Pescados mods.

Can anyone tell me if this can be rectified by having whoevers mods load first/last and if so which order or is the conflict a severe one which could result in a BFBVFS?

ETA: HCDU attachment
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:17:30 PM by aussieone »

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 08:12:10 PM »
What this mod does is age any NPCs that are on the lot at 6pm.

It does not conflict with TJ's Age Duration, but if you are showing it does I'd have to see the HCDU output.  A few of Pescado's mods really doesn't help, but again the HCDU output would tell me which ones you mean.

Offline aussieone

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 08:33:51 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply JV. I have added the HCDU attachment to my original post.

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2013, 09:31:36 PM »
Try this version of NPC aging.

Offline aussieone

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2013, 11:09:53 PM »
That version is great JV. It doesn't conflict with anything. Thanks very much  :thumb:

Offline RickeyUnzueta

• Drooling Diaperfiller
  • Has not found this setting yet :)
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 01:59:37 AM »
A batch of general mods done by AH to suite his own needs.
Thanks for sharing mods.. I have been searching for similar stuff for a while and finally got it..

(edited by BoilingOil to shorten the excessive quote)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:22:41 AM by BoilingOil »

Offline MelanieM

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 08:46:04 AM »
Hello,
sorry I'm so late with this. I know this thread is old, but I have two mods that haven't been uploaded yet.
I play with these two in AL and MG.

HarderGrades_Class (Date: Feb 8. 2009): If I remember correctly attending class fills the study bar less then Maxis.
Sorry, I don't remember what exactly ClassicDance (Date: May 23. 2009) does.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:52:29 AM by MelanieM »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
  • We'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.
    • Leefish
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2016, 12:12:34 PM »
No need to apologize, MelanieM. The age of the thread is irrelevant. Thank you for your contribution. I'm sure some people will be pleased to find these mods here.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline MelanieM

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 04:45:47 AM »
Hello, me again.
And thanks BO for your reassurance.  :smile:

This one was hiding in my TJ folder, but bits and pieces of it were uploaded before. Again I use it in AL and MG, but I modified the GlobalTuning file for my game (only the pregnancy duration -20 hours in my game instead of 3 days-).

The upload contains the unmodified files (GlobalTuning, lotfullofsims, lotfullofpets and a conflict fixed version of TJs PregForAllGenders) and an rtf file with more information.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:52:06 AM by MelanieM »

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2016, 06:02:12 AM »
Thanks for adding that one, MelanieM, but I don't think that many people - if any at all - will ever use those anymore. There are at least two alternative mods that are much smaller, do much better, and do not conflict with anything. The mods in question are my BO - Unlimited Sims and Cyjon's Bigger Families.

These work for all games, with or without PregForAllGenders, and they both even allow natural twins (or even trips or quads, if you have T&Q installed). The old LotFullOFSims is nowadays quite obsolete.

"BO, Sir, you rock! :bow:" - TheISZ                           (banner design: eefje00704/Eva)

Offline MelanieM

• Highchair Hipster
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2016, 10:50:20 AM »
Oh, well. I still use them.  :smile: Thanks for the links. I will take a look around. (Not for this though. AHs work fine for me.)

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »
That's your own choice, ofcourse. Still, even AH himself uses my version nowadays, and would probably advise you to use one of the new alternatives as well :)

Offline AncientHighway

• Whippy Whippersnapper
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2016, 06:54:31 PM »
You make me look. I actually do not have LOFS, unlimited sims or bigger families in my mod folders right now. It's been so long since I've played TS2, I don't know if I'm getting bigger families through another mod (T&A perhaps) or not getting bigger families at all.

Offline BoilingOil

• Slightly Off-Wack
  • Administrator
  • Whippy Whippersnapper
    • Leefish
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2016, 09:25:01 AM »
Ah, so I'm wrong at this one... Silly me. :)

anything